It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ChemTrails In Oswego, NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I currently attend school at Oswego State University in upstate New York. Recently I have been noticing a tremendous increase in what appears to be "Chem Trails". These last few days I have been taking some pictures on my crappy camera so please bare with me. Can anyone either confirm that these are indeed Chem Trails or just airplane exhaust. I try to discuss this with my friends and they look at me like...guess...I'm crazy. Please provide comments, information, other sightings etc. Also when I just stepped outside I could count about 5-7 airplanes in my radial view all pumping out these miles and miles long of trails.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by lastmanstanding]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
nice pics. i live in the lower hudson valley and its been really nice weather here the last couple days and there have been some serious trails in the skies. i took a couple pics but nothing really that hasnt been seen before. im going to keep taking pictures though.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lastmanstanding

You should have seen Schenectady today. It looked like a giant checkerboard in the sky. But chemtrails don't exist, so prepare to be flamed to hell and back by the 3 or 4 avid denyers.

[edit on 4/17/09 by Magnivea]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well hell, let me start it off then.

New York sees more contrails, because a lot of flights go up that way before crossing over the Atlantic. It's actually a shorter route to go in a curve than it is to go in a straight line, plus that way if there is an in flight emergency they have somewhere to land close by. If you're going on a straight line to England, and you only have two engines, and lose one, it's a LONG way on that remaining engine anywhere. By going northeast, then southeast, you go past Greenland, Ireland, Scotland, and into England.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Uh, that go at all different directions, that glow when clouds don't and don't follow standard physics of water vapor.

Keep luvin da Air Fowce brosef'!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdrewbowski

As for the glowing, I'll leave that to a meteorologist, but New York is surrounded by four major airports. You have JFK and LaGuardia in New York, Logan in Boston, and Teterboro in New Jersey. You also have airports further south flying up that way, going into New Foundland, and areas in Canada.

Have you ever looked at a map of air travel in the US?

www.edwardtufte.com...

24 hour animation of air travel over the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ok the thing is... Why have none of us ever seen these things that linger for hours visibly descending slowly while maintaining their shape up until recent years? Don't know why I'm asking, I'm not going to bother arguing. I know how I feel and alot of people agree, but there are always those people that can't stand it and need you to believe what they do.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

From 1956-1981 air travel went from 3.5 million departures in the US, to a little over 5.5 million departures in the US. From 1981-2007 it went from just over 5.5 million departures to over 11 million departures.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdrewbowski
Uh, that go at all different directions, that glow when clouds don't and don't follow standard physics of water vapor.

Keep luvin da Air Fowce brosef'!

All of the pics from today came out screwed up or I would have put them in this thread. I thin the SD card is broken.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yes, everytime I walk outside I can see at leastttttt 5 airplanes in the sky and at leasttttttt 10 trails that span for milesssssssss long. Its so ridiculous, how are we letting things like this happen, then again what can we do. I would like for the New Yorkers to keep spreading the world and trying to educate the ignorant people that surround us. I thank the rest of you that see that this is clearly UNNATURAL and a sever PROBLEM. New Yorkers unite!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Also, Ill continue to toss up pictures everyday to back my claims. I would love to see others post some as well for the arguments sake.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastmanstanding
Also, Ill continue to toss up pictures everyday to back my claims. I would love to see others post some as well for the arguments sake.
I have some from today that I took on my expedition to the DHS bird flu dispenser building, but they came out kinda crappy. I'll throw them up anyway when I get home tomorrow. U2U me, maybe we can start a kind of collaborative thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lastmanstanding

It'll take a bit more than just pictures to prove what you're seeing are chemtrails I'm sorry to say.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
Ok the thing is... Why have none of us ever seen these things that linger for hours visibly descending slowly while maintaining their shape up until recent years?

Because you weren't looking? Others have. See for example this paper from 1970

Just because you didn't notice them before does not mean they do not exist. And why would you? Who but a weather geek goes around staring at the sky everyday

Edit: as for pictures, check out Contrailcentral on ATS

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I really need to figure out a way to get all of the people that are trying to say these are something else to the Schenectady area.

Once you watch a C-130 flying over your house at about 1000 feet with a fine mist coming from distinct spots on the underside of the wings, maybe you'll believe it.

Or maybe when the large "pollen" problem in this area is still leaving a thick yellow film all over your car in the middle of fall. Or when that magic pollen is covering totally fresh otherwise untouched snow.

I'm just going to keep taking pictures until someone can explain these things to me in a way that doesn't involve condensation coming off of a plane that's only been airborne for 1/4 mile.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You mean like the lovely little brown smoketrail that a turboprop leaves behind? All turboprop aircraft leave some kind of trail behind them, that from the ground appears to be a fine mist, coming from the wings.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

You mean like the lovely little brown smoketrail that a turboprop leaves behind? All turboprop aircraft leave some kind of trail behind them, that from the ground appears to be a fine mist, coming from the wings.
Ok, you win. The USAF has never tested things on humans without their knowledge or consent. They also are most certainly not doing so anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I've never said that they never did. But I have yet to see any SOLID evidence of chemtrails. The argument usually comes down to "I can see the difference." I spent many years working on aircraft, so I know a thing or two about them and how they work. If you can show me something that HAS to have come from a plane, that can't be explained, I'll believe in chemtrails.

I live near one of the busiest air corridors and airports in the US and have NEVER seen a single trail left that didn't look like a normal contrail. I've seen them last over an hour, and I've seen them disappearing as the front of it was forming. But nothing that didn't look perfectly normal, and no planes acting weird.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

Yeah, I'm in Somerset County; weather has been great as well, and I too have been seeing some serious "Chemtrails".

These aren't contrails - I don't care what anyone says...

Edit to add: And I saw some tonight (yes - in the dark). It was like 2-3am... I have never seen them at night.

And as far as people saying that they ARE just contrails, tell me this: Why do they literally span for miles and miles (I would say on average 15 - if not 20?), and why are they so damn thick? Then they disperse all over the place!!! They literally expand!
So if they're not "chemtrails", then they are MAJOR pollution, which would then be called Chemtrails, no? Chemicals destroying our enviornment? Tainting the air with whatever carcinogens are the product of jet-fuel combustion?
So either way, us nutty chemtrial thinkers win, if even by a technicality.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by impaired]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I really need to figure out a way to get all of the people that are trying to say these are something else to the Schenectady area.

Once you watch a C-130 flying over your house at about 1000 feet with a fine mist coming from distinct spots on the underside of the wings, maybe you'll believe it.

Or maybe when the large "pollen" problem in this area is still leaving a thick yellow film all over your car in the middle of fall. Or when that magic pollen is covering totally fresh otherwise untouched snow.

I'm just going to keep taking pictures until someone can explain these things to me in a way that doesn't involve condensation coming off of a plane that's only been airborne for 1/4 mile.

Why don't you collect some samples of this pollen and get it tested?

Would that not prove what you're saying?

You could do what no other chemtrailer has done, prove they exist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join