It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valley of Seven Deaths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sorry again to introduce strong elements of doubt to a great story.

So the New Delhi government is keeping it a big secret. And reportedly there are temples with piles of gold. And of course only brave adventurous Englishmen would even think about looking for it.

India is a country where there are hundreds of millions of starving people at any time. And there are supposed to be piles of gold that would buy an awful lot of food and shelter for so many.

Still, I guess anything's possible.

Mike

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm Starting an expedition there and need 7 volunteers..... what no takers? come on, don't you people wanna go to the valley of 7 deaths? (btw you pay your own way)

haha

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, i found that thread i was talking about.

Forgive me for not posting the link to the thread. I am at work and do not have the time now to find it. Plus, i'm pretty new at posting. I've been reading this site ruthlessly for about three years, but just signed up to post.

Egyptian Thread

check that out.
any thoughts??

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting place. Isn't there a similar place in Germany. I read about it on here a while back.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dkman222

I'd happily volunteer, just make sure there are seven before me and i'll be the one wearing this:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here is original reference material.

Book excerpt on google books

Now I cannot help but notice how similar your translation is to the contents of this book:

Lost cities of China, Central Asia, & India By David Hatcher Childress

The part of the story where you came in seems to be falling apart at the seams. You have lost all credability with me.

You left out the part where if they struck a match flames shot across the valley, indicating probable high methane concentrations.

Have a nice day!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Thats fair enough, still its a curious story id like to know a bit more, maybe the author himself can shine some more light on it, i think he is still alive. Nice find anyway

Makes you kind of want to go to the valley for a look [/quote/] Pazcat. i know all the stuff about hidden caves and artifacts sounds great and gets the imagination going! But after reading about all the people that died,when it came to the crunch would you really want to go down there and practice the horizontal bop with the rest of the dead break dancers?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by ronin-dex]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I remember seeing something similar on a tv documentary , it was years ago & it may have been national geographic or something , they actually had film of a certain clearing , a small field is what it looked like to me , & it was full of skeletons from different animals ,they had on film where a bird landed & it just died almost immediately,it was not an extremely large area but unless you were really paying attention it would be easy to wander into , they explained the deaths from what I can remember being caused by some type of gases or fumes in a very concentrated area & only reaching a few feet off the ground ,..I wish I could remember more about what it was called or the location ,but it was quite a few years ago I just remember it because of how scary it was to actually see on film an area on earth where anything that enters it dies....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

If you pay for me Im SO there! Id go there right now and piss around India door to door until I find it! That would be cool to find.

Course if it just turns out to be gas I will be disappointed but... free trip to India! (though Id melt)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by codefox
I remember seeing something similar on a tv documentary , it was years ago & it may have been national geographic or something , they actually had film of a certain clearing , a small field is what it looked like to me , & it was full of skeletons from different animals ,they had on film where a bird landed & it just died almost immediately,it was not an extremely large area but unless you were really paying attention it would be easy to wander into , they explained the deaths from what I can remember being caused by some type of gases or fumes in a very concentrated area & only reaching a few feet off the ground ,..I wish I could remember more about what it was called or the location ,but it was quite a few years ago I just remember it because of how scary it was to actually see on film an area on earth where anything that enters it dies....

that's very interesting
if you can find out where this place is, or a name that would be great.
it would be even better if you could post a video clip of what you're talking about.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by tOrnaDo_pHett]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by tOrnaDo_pHett]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i think the British had some kind of secret facilities at the time of the war against Japan , in remote places to limit possible localisation by he japanese.

Maybe they discovered something about energy, and use fields of that energy to send "distorted vibes" to those who come too close of a certain area. maybe if "they" master unknown energies, they might be able to pick their targets , making sure the fear induced in the witness cause them to break mentally and become half-crazy people telling crazy stories. then it becomes local legend and some of the folks use that as a pretext to commit murders.

far-fetched, i know, but it's better than snake-looking guys

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

i think the British had some kind of secret facilities at the time of the war against Japan , in remote places to limit possible localisation by he japanese.

Maybe they discovered something about energy, and use fields of that energy to send "distorted vibes" to those who come too close of a certain area. maybe if "they" master unknown energies, they might be able to pick their targets , making sure the fear induced in the witness cause them to break mentally and become half-crazy people telling crazy stories. then it becomes local legend and some of the folks use that as a pretext to commit murders.

far-fetched, i know, but it's better than snake-looking guys

good call.
of course i've read about HAARP and its possible uses, but i've never considered this possiblity.
It definitely beats the hell out of snake-looking guys.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of this story, but sounds like a great idea for a movie. Kinda of like Blair Witch meets The Ruins. There are many things out there that don't make sense and who knows really. I wonder if maybe there are some old hindu religious texts or something that might shed some light on this.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sounds like hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is a good candidate here. It exists in natural gas deposits, hangs low to the ground because it is much heavier than air, is flammable, and is the second most deadly gas next to hydrogen cyanide. We have it in bundles around here and people that walk into pockets of it are dead in seconds without ever knowing what hit them. Nobody here is allowed to work for an oil company without H2S training.
It can also develop from sewage and farmers have died trying to fix their septic tanks. Often people see a person that has gone down and end up rushing into save them without realizing what has happened killing themselves as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Perhaps there is another angle for this...

One of the Hindu holy books, Rig Vedas I think, has some pretty detailed descriptions of an ancient war, and some of the weaponry sounds eerily like nuclear weapons.

I realize this is going out on a limb, but just supposing for a moment that in fact the Rig Vedas is in fact describing some type of nuclear device, it's possible that the radiation could still be present in the soil.

Since much of India is quite dusty, the wind and foot traffic would stir this dust up and these explorers would inhale it. I guess depending upon the contamination levels, I just wonder if this could account for some of the things recorded in this story. Plus, if there were temples filled with gold, the gold would still be radioactive as well, as would any ground water.

Anyway, just a thought.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

It would make sense why it would be hidden by the New Delhi Government. they did not want anyone to go there and discover whats really going on down there but a person out side of New Delhi wrote a book about so they cant do nothing about it.
its interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Here is original reference material.

Book excerpt on google books

Now I cannot help but notice how similar your translation is to the contents of this book:

Lost cities of China, Central Asia, & India By David Hatcher Childress

The part of the story where you came in seems to be falling apart at the seams. You have lost all credability with me.

You left out the part where if they struck a match flames shot across the valley, indicating probable high methane concentrations.

Have a nice day!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Cyberbian]

Hi man,
First of all let me start off by telling you that I noticed the similar translation too when the link for that book was posted. My Original Reference Material is not this book though. here is a link to the book I read it in.
Second of all -> I will post my original GERMAN Research-notes, which I transtlated the story from, and the book I read did not mention any gases or anything....I'm sorry to say but that's the way it is....
Here is my research : files.abovetopsecret.com...
Hope this helps my credibillity

[edit on 16/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
reply to post by dkman222

I'd happily volunteer, just make sure there are seven before me and i'll be the one wearing this:

You do realize is says: "Training suit do not use in hazardous environment"?

Judging only by the description of the man's condition from the hospital gas seems to be the case. Burns, hair presumably also burned off, cuts and bruises no doubt from trying to get the hell out of there. Even the mention of ghosts could imply gas.

Kind regards.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

That definitely explains the burns on the 1 st victim if this valley fills with methane gas lighting a campfire could have some strange effects like having all your hair singed off. And lack of Oxygen you do start to hallucinate.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Do you have any exact locations on this place?

I am doing a road trip in India later this year and will be passing New Delhi on my way.
If you want me to take a look at this place give me a shout and I will see if we can take a detour.

I have posted this before reading what the valley actually is
so I reserve the right to run away if I get scared.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join