It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valley of Seven Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Earlier this month I had read a story about a place in India called "The Valley of Seven Deaths".
I read about it in a German book called "Bizarre Wirklichkeiten" by Hatwig Hausdorf. To claim what the author did, This place is being kept secret by the Gorvernment of New-Delhi. Why exactly, I can not tell you, but I would assume that in the case of this story being true, it because numerous expeditions to this place went very very wrong. According to the author, one of the first documented expeditions to there was lead by a man named Graham Dickford around 1890. He had heard stories of numerous tempels with piles of gold in them, which were in this valley. He claimed to had found this valley when he was brought to a not specified hospital somewhere in india in 1892. He was in very bad shape when he arrived there. He had high fever, no more hair on his head which was covered with wounds and bruises, was burnt from head to toe, and was in a state of mind that doctors would call insanity. When he arrived in the hospital he claimed to be the only survivor of his expedition. Alle that man said was: " Big, flying Fire; Shadows in the night; and ghosts, who's glare could kill." He died 3 days after he was brought to the hospital. Noone he was in contact with for his last three days believed a word he said (no wonder), until 1906 when the british government payed for an expedition to this Valley. The only information my research has brought is that this expedition was made of 4 people and two of them stated that, they had found tunnel into caves,looking something similar to a funnel. Two men were sent downthere, and immediatly as they reached the bottom, they are said to have made bizzare, snake-like movements for about a minute, and just fell to the ground. One of the last two people alive goes down the "funnel" about to find out that they were dead. After that experiance they are said to have left the same day and they never came back. These two survivors told relatives that they were bugged by constant headaches and night for night they would have gruesome Nightmares, until eventually they both died about 3 months later.
1911 another expedition to the valley was started. a month after it had started, only two of the original 7 men returned and told people a very crazy story...
They said that they were all building up their tents for the night, when suddently 5 of them started shaking and turning around and around, and after about a minute of this behavior they just fell down dead.
The last documented Expedition was in 1919. 7 very experianced hunters went on the expedition, and the said that there were 17 human corpses looking right at them once they had reached the valley. They also claimed that two of them were standing at a cliff having a conversation, and suddently they were gone without a sound. the others went to look for them, and found out that they had just mysterically fallen down that cliff. Since that time Noone has been there. I don't know what to think of this story though...
what do you think?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
That is a very unusual story to say the least.
Star and flag
If that is true then all I can say is holy crap.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
well, I don't really know what to say about this.....
I mean it was in a book published officially, but like I stated, don't you think we would of herd of this before?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Does the book come in an English Translation? Is there any info on where exactly this valley is? Are the any other names other than Graham Dickford? Just trying to put some pieces together, it sounds quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Does the book come in an English Translation? Is there any info on where exactly this valley is? Are the any other names other than Graham Dickford? Just trying to put some pieces together, it sounds quite interesting.

I have been looking for an english translation but there wasn't any I have found up to now. I personally translated the whole story from the book, and I put all the information and names in the post. Unfortunately There is nothing I can find in the internet about this. All it said in the book concerning the area, was that it was somewhere not all to far away from new Dheli, but since it is being kept secret the author didn'tknow either.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thats fair enough, still its a curious story id like to know a bit more, maybe the author himself can shine some more light on it, i think he is still alive. Nice find anyway

Makes you kind of want to go to the valley for a look

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I know man. But the thing that makes me sceptical is that there is not the littlest bit of information to be found on this subject, but on the other side that could be proof for actual authentity...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

I have managed to find another mention of this in a book called "Lost cities of China, Central Asia, & India By David Hatcher Childress"
just scroll down to page 103/104 and there is another telling of the story, it may be worth a read of the whole book. That book is calling it 'the Valley of the seven dead men'
And makes mention of natural gases.

books.google.co.uk... MSOnNI&hl=en&ei=RublSa6cAtm4-QbGvPz6CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPA104,M1

There is also the reference number 43 after the story but that part of the book seems missing.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by pazcat]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is exactly the story he wrote too, word for word. Except for the part with the gases. Very interresting indeed. I will keep on researching and i will keep on posting, but for now I would say that deserves a star....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That sounds pretty crazy. To give a possibility, maybe the cave leads underground where some kind of poisonous gas is leaking up. In this case, the people who breath it in may die (convulsing in some way as described) if the exposure was for a long enough period, or maybe it's a slower process if the exposure was more transient. I you were standing by a cliff and breathed this stuff in, I wouldn't doubt feeling lightheaded and falling to your death. This is just a theory. What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The only part I find really interesting in this story, which doesn't fit the Gas eplanation is what the men in the story stated:

Ghosts, who's glare can kill

What in god's name could he mean with this?

[edit on 15/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is very possible that whatever the gases were it could have caused them to hallucinate, Just a thought! Maybe one of the google earth people could find this place!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very interesting Thread.

After reading the above replys i do agree the gas creating hallucinations is a possibilty. Maybe the next expedition can take gas masks with them just to ruleout the gas possibility!

SD

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Very interesting post, I will do some digging, this is the sort of thing that makes me love this site, I have contributed before to other threads about possible evidence of ancient nuclear blasts and weapons being used in India. Will do some research and come back S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find this story very interesting and don't dismiss it or it's possible implications.

But I also add one has to proceed with caution. Even today, but particularly back then when there was no way to check accounts and no one cared, the wildest stories have emerged.

Accounts in newspapers, books, local legends often to impress tourists.

It's known by their own admissions that newspaper staffers often made up stories just to have something to report and fill pages.

India had this legend of being a land of the unknown and mystery. So many stories of magical powers and superhuman feats from holy men. Endless numbers of accounts, tales, witness reports.

Almost non of them can be rechecked and validated from a place where literacy was still very low.

But obviously I don't have anything to offer beyond speculation.

If one wants to pursue this, it is at least possible to verify that the English people named, their professions and the expeditions are recorded.

Mike

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There could be any type of gases leaking about depending on the area and environment. Sounds like the victims could have been hallucinating due to gases or other factors similar to that. And with a decent amount of exposure to such things I think it is likely they could have been hallucinating.

Something interesting is back in the day, when I did my share of drugs, I have personally witnessed people slithering on the floor like a snake due to hallucinogens and have seen people get on all fours and howl up like a animal. I have also seen my share of people contorting weirdly. They were tripping hard though.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Guys,
Lets think about it this way:
1. possible hint -> "Tempels filled with treasures"
forget the treasure part, but where around new dheli are there some tempels? Possibly in Valleys? (can someone check in Google Earth?)
2. -> "the Hospital"
Is there a way to find out which hospital that was?
Those I would say are the easiest to begin with....

[edit on 15/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow, star and flag for you!

I've not heard of this before, and doing a google search leads me to very little. But if I were to find anything, I'll make sure to post the info.

Peace,
FK

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. S+F.

The gas theory is interesting, but in order to test it, we would need to know the exact location of this valley.

The claims of snake-like behavior reminded me of a post I read a couple months ago, about strange and ominous behavior in this small town in Egypt.

Forgive me for not posting the link to the thread. I am at work and do not have the time now to find it. Plus, i'm pretty new at posting. I've been reading this site ruthlessly for about three years, but just signed up to post.

Anyway, the people of this town spoke of evil underground caverns nearby. They were all genuiniely terrified to even talk about it, let alone go near the place. They told tales of snake-headed men in robes that live where ever the cavern lead to. There was also talk of government and military agents seen acting in conjunction with the snake people, as well as possibly removing some sort of large artifact or machine.

I have no idea if either story is true nor if they are possibly related. That was just the connection my brain made when i read this post.

I would be very interested in finding the exact location of this valley so it could be further investigated.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Very interesting and its shame that there isn't more info on this. It's time to reboot Google Earth. If someone could locate this I would fund an ATS expedition. I would be the guy in the command room watching through a UAV as the expedition fails

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join