It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valley of Seven Deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Maybe it's a place where it opens up to a different portal and is guarded by some demonic entities?

If it's really being kept secret, then there's something out of this world going on there.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Maybe it's a place where it opens up to a different portal and is guarded by some demonic entities?

If it's really being kept secret, then there's something out of this world going on there.

What makes ou think this? I would imagine that if this story is true, the only reason why it is being kept secret is because of the hazardous gasses, and the deaths that are brought into combination with this valley. I don't think that this story has to do with something "Supernatural", but I would be stoked if it did

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Very interesting story, the gas explanation does sound plausible but is there a type of gas that could cause "snake like" movements/convulsions ?

"Big flying fire..." and "flames shooting accross the cave" does also seem to indicate the presence of gas (Methane)

I'm not so sure what was ment by "ghosts whose stare could kill..." but as people have said for all we know the bloke could of been suffering from hallucinations.

One problem though, if it was a gas that caused these strange effects wouldn't the effects disappear after the bloke was away from the gas source?

Lack of Oxygen can cause hallucinations yes, but if he managed to get away from the gas and back in normal, breathable air then surely he wouldn't still hallucinate?

Another question, how come he managed to survive and get away from the area but the others did not? It would also be useful if we knew what all the survivors in the story eventually died from.

Is it possible to get gas poisioning and then die from it months later?

As people have mentioned this could very well be some sort of local legend intended to scary away British tourists and other prying eyes.

Maybe it would be possible to write to some sort of Indian government requesting confirmation of the locations existence? Although I suppose that would be hard when we don't know where it is!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Maybe other things could be explained if there was some point of radiation. The gas such like hydrogen sulfide or methane comes from putrefaction of dead organic material. Radiation could be the reason of deaths of animals and plants which produces hydrogen sulfide or methane. In windy days the level of gases could not be lethal so the expeditions, or animals could approach that place and stay there longer but they are under the influence of radiation. It explains why the first survivor was burned and the lack of hair. The radiation could explains the flames or lights in the air although. It is possible to create some flames or glowing effects on radiated surfaces. The purification in that condition of dead bodies and plants is possible by microbes resistant to high radiation especially if they evolved in such conditions for millions of years.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Heres some food for thought. It refers to a lake as opposed to a valley but never the less discusses the theories on here!

Lake

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I'm not so sure what was ment by "ghosts whose stare could kill..." but as people have said for all we know the bloke could of been suffering from hallucinations.

It did seem important of him to get rid of that part when he was braught to the hospital, so maybe there WAS more to it than halucinations. I have to check the story again, but did any of the other expedition-participants who survived mention this?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
[edit on 15-4-2009 by Cyberbian]
Hi man,
First of all let me start off by telling you that I noticed the similar translation too when the link for that book was posted. My Original Reference Material is not this book though. here is a link to the book I read it in.
Second of all -> I will post my original GERMAN Research-notes, which I transtlated the story from, and the book I read did not mention any gases or anything....I'm sorry to say but that's the way it is....
Here is my research : files.abovetopsecret.com...
Hope this helps my credibillity

[edit on 16/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

I had a look at your 'original' research and have to say that the 'German' text looks a lot like it was translated from English into German. There are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. The other thing that I find odd is that the 'book' is a text in Notepad. As for the story, I believe that it just that and more than likely natural gases are the cause orf death.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here are some fascinating links on Roopkund...

Roopkund

Wiki

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
[edit on 16/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

I had a look at your 'original' research and have to say that the 'German' text looks a lot like it was translated from English into German. There are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. The other thing that I find odd is that the 'book' is a text in Notepad. As for the story, I believe that it just that and more than likely natural gases are the cause orf death.

Like I said These are the notes I made for my self while reading the story. Obviously it's not the whole thing, I know that by now too, BUT these were the things I read in the book. If you don't believe me, buy it and read it yourself.(I didn't buy it, I read it in a bookstore and I had my laptop with me -> just to avoid more "off-the-topic-questions) Any way how, if you have belief issues with the story complain about the author, not me. I just read it and posted it the way I read it because I have been trying to research this story, but can't find anything. I was just asking if anyone knew anything about this, and not if you personally believe it or not....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
The only part I find really interesting in this story, which doesn't fit the Gas eplanation is what the men in the story stated:

Ghosts, who's glare can kill

What in god's name could he mean with this?

[edit on 15/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

Check David Langford, the BLIT concept, Medusa (to look at Medusa turns to one into stone), also Snowcrash, Black Ice

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE

Roopkund

Wiki

Nice find dude, since when has the lake been frozen?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Check the Links, plus some great pictures of the site.
Also it can be found on Google Earth at these coords.30°15'43?N 79°43'55?E? / ?30.262, 79.732

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

So you wanna wear a training suit not designed for a hazardous environment?

Geeze- I'd go with a gas mask and not much else. I have no fear of death any more.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE

Roopkund

Wiki

Wow intresting read about Roopkund on that Wiki page. Findings suggest the 300-600 all died in 1 hail storm. That had all gathered there as a group.

en.wikipedia.org...

After studying fractures in the skulls, the scientists in Hyderabad and London determined that the people died not of disease, but of a sudden hailstorm

[edit on 4/16/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This all sounds like the people where effected by some sort of chemicals/gas. It might have been a natural occurence from the caves or some sort of neuro toxin from native's shooting poison darts or something. Nothing supernatural about it.

It still makes me wonder what secrets the valley hides.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When i was reading the story, especially about the fella who died in three days in the hospital, that is almost a textbook death due to high doses of ratiation. I watched a video one time about radiation which described how two hunters in the former soviet republic were caught in a snowstorm and took shelter in a cave. In that cave they found two rocks that were giving off heat and decided to sleep next to them to keep warm. The rocks in question were in reality containers with caesium 137, a compound used in soviet seed irradiators. the two hunters were dead in two days from almost the exact symptoms described in the report. So if you do go down there i'd be wearing your lead nut cups boys.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That was a very interesting story. I think gasses has to be the right answer. It actually kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Ned Flanders opened up a park with rides and such that was failing, only people started having visions and they first believed it was religious in nature. Later on they found out it was a propane leak.

Maybe they should do an expedition wearing masks and oxygen tanks?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Go in for a trip, carry your gas masks and see what happens, enjoy the ride. If you die, it was worth it, I will be the first one to post a thread about you

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The Gas aspect seems to be the explanation indeed. I just remembered a show I saw a while back about the oracle of delphi. It was found out that the "Oracle" was not seing the future....she was sitting on a methane-leak.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I Think the HUMAN SPECIES lacks the ability to see all the energy fields around them. IT could be very well possible that energies/species exist that are invisible to the naked eye and able to do things that the (normal) mind would not be able to understand resulting in ones death.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join