It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valley of Seven Deaths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
what is this in the middle of no where texas google earth coordinates
30 59 18.70 n 103 15 08.36 w

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I would have no idea what it could be - seems like 3 concentric circles with a Octogram surrounding it and an even larger triangle surrounding that...

Any one has any ideas ?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoDakPatriot
When i was reading the story, especially about the fella who died in three days in the hospital, that is almost a textbook death due to high doses of ratiation. I watched a video one time about radiation which described how two hunters in the former soviet republic were caught in a snowstorm and took shelter in a cave. In that cave they found two rocks that were giving off heat and decided to sleep next to them to keep warm. The rocks in question were in reality containers with caesium 137, a compound used in soviet seed irradiators. the two hunters were dead in two days from almost the exact symptoms described in the report. So if you do go down there i'd be wearing your lead nut cups boys.

It was exactly what comes to my mind. If it would be gas such like hydrogen sulfide or methane in lethal amount people from that expedition would easily smell that incredible stink. The remaining survivors just had to noticed that fact about stink in the valley or just problems with breathing. We have some relations from witnesses and no one had even mentioned that.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i can remember watching a documentary about wildlife somewhere in africa . there was a valley with lots of dead animals in it . they had been killed by co or co2 coming from a volcanic vent . im pretty sure it was co2 as it was heavier than air and settled to a depth of a few meters in places
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't see much of a mystery here, really. For one thing, there are *always* mysterious stories of relatively unknown areas - deep forest, uncharted desert, the Antarctic, jungles, mountains, caves, etc. Unknown territory gives rise to scary monster stories. A valley in mysterious India would be a great setting for some sort of mystery.

One point that makes me skeptical of this tale is the notion that someone in 1890 recorded the ravings of a person thought to be either delirious or a lunatic. Somehow, even though no one believed this man's ravings, they were recorded for posterity and available 100 years later? Not likely. I find it difficult to believe that *any* record of the man's treatment and death would survive for 100 years.

But OK, let's say it's all true. There is a host of natural explanations that don't involve any unknown forces or entities. The first thing I thought of (from the original story) was radiation poisoning - the guy's burnt, hair fell out, etc. Maybe... but the other guys didn't fit that pattern. What does sound likely is that there could be some sort of toxic gas that accumulates in the region.

In the US, there have been cases of sewer workers who descended into unventilated manholes and were almost immediately overcome by hydrogen sulfide gas, dying within a minute or two. In one such instance, two men died immediately. Another one or two tried to rescue them, and also died. There is nothing in these reports about "snake-like movements", but it is entirely possible that the stricken men had convulsions before they died.

At Lake Nysos in Cameroon, carbon dioxide was suddenly released, forming a dense, low-lying cloud that killed over 1500 people during the night. Carbon dioxide is heavier than air, so it stays close to the ground.

This valley in India may be near a volcanic region, where gases can be released. However, it needn't be volcanic activity. Decaying vegetable and animal matter would also release hydrogen sulfide, as well as methane and other gases.

Without a whole lot more information - including such things as the location of this valley - there isn't much to work with. But so far, nothing in the story requires any extraordinary explanations/

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Actually, it was over 1700 people.
Deep water with the most dissolved CO(2) is now pumped to the surface in attempt to avoid another disaster.

And now, I'll be the odd one after all this talk of gaseous doom, and say:
What if, it actually was something paranormal? For instance, an ancient area where demons come into that area of the world. A portal, recalling what someone said earlier in the thread. Or a pathway.
And, these demons, they possess the humans and animals that stray into the area.
Because not all paranormalcy is hallucination, necessarily.
What would happen to a person, if they encountered a demon, that could injure them in ways other than possession, in this realm?

I'd be interested to see, what an actual "psychic" - who had an actual ability to legitimately sense things, rather than a phony baloney BS-ing around with tarot cards or whatever~ had to say upon coming close to the area. Oi.~
("I'm seeing... I'm seeing... Oh, yay! Let's all walk forward! My 'spirit guide' says there's gold nearby!") (

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dick7704

That is really cool I would like to know what that is too! Could be some sort of fluke but I really doubt that.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What is unknown to human will usually be termed hallucination by the so-called intellectuals?
I've met people, monks, mystics with psychic ability who told me the same knowledge regarding demonic spirits- that places like caves are good breeding places for them. If a place is holy, there will be spirits around to disturb the harmony just like how the rich,powerful and greedy like to disturb our peace. Even if it is the gases or radioactivity which kill the people, I think enough spirits are built up to haunt that place already.
Snake-like behavior: Seems like possession of the spirits.
Gases and smell: Spirits exudes them to ward off others, the more the spirits the heavier the stink and gases and temp is unusually low.
Ghost whose glare would kill: Well, it up to one to think if it is hallucination or?
From what I understand, I can safely says almost all caves or areas like theses will surely have negative spirits. It depends if a particular area has a higher concentration of them. If yes, activities will surely occur just like human who when in big group will have tendency to do silly things.
And for future adventurers, no amount of crosses or amulets will help. Contrary to beliefs, powerful spirits will not be affected by accessories especially if it is their 'homeground'. Yeah, so still put on your masks and everything and PRAY HARD!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Snake-like behavior: Seems like possession of the spirits.

I think it could possibly be, that these movements were interperated as "Snake" movements, although they were probably just struggeling with suffocation. Since it was in the 1800s sometime I that would seem more plausible to me that ghosts or demons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join