It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran Talks Only Within Time Limit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Mod note: Please feel free to repost this without the personal commentary. -- Majic

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

What strikes me as all too funny, is that Israel is trying to set a time limit for talks between Iran and the US. WHo are they to tell other nations how long to discuss things?

Because they have such an excellent track record when it comes to Peace negotiations and ceasefires.

Look how long they held out before unleashing the Gaza Offensive, 4 whole months!

Obviously they know how to keep the peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Sorry.

It's just those "naam" stories get a bit boring.

My apologies.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

The gratuitous personal commentary in this thread is disruptive and absolutely unacceptable.

Comments not entirely focused on the topic or containing any personal remarks or insults directed at other members are subject to removal.

Civility and Decorum are Required.

Please post accordingly.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin
[more

[edit on 10-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Yeah - I knew it - "My bad..."

Thanks to all mods from work you do - ATS is most respected forum because of your work.

And Dooper - sorry.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Just wanted to point out the irony that the guy saying Iran could soon reach a 'point of no return' is named Shalom. Peace huh

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

"Shalom" - Peace Brother!

I miss so much those peace movements from good old days, where I never had chance to live, hell, I even wasnt born then... "Cuban Missile Crises, Nam".. But today we need those movements more than ever, but where are they - making these wars today in Raytheons planning facility?

... BTW:

Its my birthday now! I have

200 000

points together in ATS now - thats a great number of "peace" loving bits I have made!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

Shaul Mofaz, Former Minister of Defence for Israel and head of the IDF, who claimed "Iran is the root of all evil" is a Persian Jew, born in Tehran.

Bet he doesn't like when people ask him in Israel, "so where you from?"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Another information jewelry from you!

I think we will be soon spending your 100 000 points birthday here too...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What is going to stop Iran from proceeding with it's nuclear enrichment ambitions??? The UN is hopeless place to press this issue. China and Russia have no desire to stop them, America's government is losing it's resolve on the matter. Only Europe's governments seem to still care about stopping Iran from getting further down the "nuclear club". Israel will soon be forced to either act or accept a Nuclear armed Iran. Take a guess which option they will choose.

Obama is going to have a huge mess on his hands and I don't think he will be up to the task. He has done nothing to show our adversaries that we are anything to be worried about. I had to say it, but Obama is Carter II when it comes to foreign policy so far.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Diplomatic talks on this level only helps when agreeing for a timetable and the pressure of threats, otherwise its useless with these clerics ..That 's how gunboat diplomacy works....As dooper stated before Israel was attacked at least 4 times by an arabic coalition with the objective to end their existince possibilities. Iraq built a reactor, Syria built a reactor and Israel bombed them both, Iran is on the same path, its their call to respond wisely to diplomatic initiatives of the EU or US, but patience is running out you can already see that with the French..

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Making a timetable for these talks is a good idea. If we go into talks with Iran and there is no time table then they can just delay and claim they are working towards solving the situation. For example, how long have countries been in talks over nuclear power with North Korea?

Claiming a sovereign nation should be allowed to make whatever they is like saying every citizen should be allowed to carry a gun, not matter what of their past.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When are people going to stop bashing Israel and/or Iran and realize that in order to have a One World Govt/New World Order, all countries, I repeat, ALL countries must be controlled to be a part of that system.

What they do is throw religious/political belief systems into the mix to create a smoke screen to cover up what is really happening. Whilst people blame the Zionist Israelis, the radical Islamic terrorist, the communistic North Korean, the TRUE enemy is busy at work creating a world system far more terrible than Zionism, Communism or radical Islam rolled into one.

Stop falling for their lies and blaming the Israelis, the Muslims the Communists and see who the REAL enemy is. They are playing countries off against each other using the tools of religion and politics, and have done so for centuries. That's how you weaken your enemy for conquest. Its a tried and true formula.

This is about take over. Take over of Iran. After Iran, they'll move on to the next phase of the take over plot. Any country not part of the system, not controlled is a target. And you just watch the religious/political lies and spin start rolling out to blind you from the fact they are taking over EVERY country to eventually bring about the ultimate goal of total world govt.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The moment israel attacks iran, israel is going to be in hell, they're not going to get firsthand help from USA, if worst comes to worst they'll get help, but not straight out.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Firstly, as I have mentioned in a few other related threads, I am not a fan of Israeli foreign policy. However, most of these threads that start with "Israel: blah blah blah" are intended to name, blame and demonise Israel for all the rising tensions in the middle east.

The problem with these types of threads is that they are unfairly balanced to say the least. Any actions that Israel takes is highlighted and strongly condemned by most of the Western Media. Any time Israel retaliates against Islamic militants, the motive, intent and justification are portrayed negatively; Israel is stirring up trouble so they can obliterate their enemies.

Any time Islamic militants retaliate, "their cause, independence and resilience to Israeli aggression" is highlighted and they are portrayed as Freedom fighters seeking justice. Yep, it seems that if Israel tears down that wall, all these problems would have been avoided. Many people are under the illusion that Israel's decision to build a wall and enforce checkpoints IS the reason for the current trouble in the ME. This is simply not true.

Why does Israel have this wall? What made them enforce these block aids when in previous years they didn't have any? Why did Israelis feel the need to exclude Palestinians from these areas? I feel this thread was started for reasons other than discussing the nature of the talks between Iran and Israel. And those reasons IMO are directly related to my words above, which is why I have included them in this thread.

PS: As I have mentioned in a few other threads, I strongly condemn any Israeli/US military action against Iran. The Iranians have a right to use the same technology that is available to Western countries. They do not have a history of aggression and should be allowed to enrich their technology as they see fit. It is simply unfair and unreasonable for a country that prospers as a result of this technology to deny their "enemy" that same right.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

What is going to stop Iran from proceeding with it's nuclear enrichment ambitions???

Nuclear Physics 101:

Iran IS enriching Uranium. Their light-water reactors need a small dosage of enriched fuel to function and generate electricity. Every civilain reactor does.

What is Iran is NOT doing, is enriching Uranium anywhere close to weapons-grade.

Iran is using Russian VVER light-water reactors moderated via graphite to enrich uranium.

That's probably the most incompetent way to go about building a bomb. Not only does it use Uranium Oxide as a fuel (which cannot be weaponized) but it cannot enrich Uranium U-235 (ordinary ores) to U-238 (weapons grade).

The most you can do with a light-water reactor is enrich U-235 to about a maximum of 4%, which is nowhere the level required for Nuclear fission to take place (75%).

There's nothing wrong with enriching Uranium.
It's the degree you do it to and with what methods.

Iran simply cannot create Uranium capable of fission via their current methods and there's absolutely no way for them to acquire heavy-water reactors or fast-neutron reactors thanks to UN sanctions.

Even Russia has said they won't supply them any of that, nor any extra fuel.

Thus ends the lecture.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Sorry mate, but I think you're being overly-thin skinned here.

This board sees on average 5-10 Islamophobic articles every week. I don't see anyone in good conscience scrutinising them (which are almost always from very biased sources) or questioning the relevance of them. Some of them aren't even proper articles, just links to videos of some nutjob saying something or other.

What I do see though is the anti-Muslim brigade on ATS pile up on the thread faster flies to dog turd and then cry bloody murder when anyone actually tries to defend Muslims, as if you're defending a convicted rapist.

The main stream media may not like Israel, but they hate Muslims even more. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that FOX News, CNN and the BBC are all conservatively-backed and owned propaganda outlets that just thrive on sensationalism.

Yes it does suck seeing people ragging on something for no good reason.

My solution? Suck it up. Everything takes a beating on here once in a while, and Israel and Islam do in equal number especially.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by pavil
weaponized) but it cannot enrich Uranium U-235 (ordinary ores) to U-238 (weapons grade).

Well that's new "enriching" u-235 to u-238
u-235 needs to be enriched to about 93,5 to be weapons grade material but the more common u-238 can be bombarded with neutrons to produce plutonium.If it absorbs a neutron and doesn't fission, it will emit a beta particle and become Pu239[weapons grade]. Besides enriching u-235 to 3-5 % is enough for nuclear fission in a power plant only, not for weapons[which is above 90%]end of lecture

Now building 6000 centrifuges will get the Iranians on their way of enriching u-235 but they already have plutonium!
It may not be the cleanest non-contaminated plutonium bomb but they're well on track..

news.bbc.co.uk... [2003!!!]

www.msnbc.msn.com... [2006]

www.trouw.nl... [2006]

unexplained plutonium? i wonder what the IAEA is doing there and telling you this crap about Irans civilian program...

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Foppezao]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join