It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran Talks Only Within Time Limit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's nothing blind about my view - I'm simply not blindly loyal to Israel, as you seem to be.

Now, would you care to address my rebuttal to your previous statement about religious fanatacism?

Or is it only muslims that you see as fanatics who incidentally worship the same god as Bush.

A point he seems to have overlooked.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Poor people. And my guess is there will be mostly American soldiers doing all the dirty work.

Have some sympathy for the Iranians themselves.

For 20 years they've been resisting the yoke of a regime that is universally despised in Iran by any means they can. Every new generation is born with more contempt for it than the last.

Suddenly they find out, the rest of the world can't wait around for them to take action to decide their own fate and instead Israel and the US will do it for them by bombing the living daylights out of them.

All that effort, for nothing. Only to have the International Community sow the seeds for an even more radical regime to rise up in the future that makes the current one look like altar boys.

Yes. Poor People, meaning the Iranians.
I followed by saying that the war will probably be at the expense of (mostly) American soldiers, courtesy of the UN........ Sorry if u misunderstood. & I agree with what you said 2.
What will come of this after conflict is initiated will only result in more radicalism, more bloodshed. For every action, there's a reaction.

The terrorism is being implanted and spawned by the same people who try telling you they are the one protecting you from it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm sorry Budski, but as I recall it, the US was hit in the World Trade Towers by forces that were training in Afghanistan, and supplied personnel by other Muslim countries, which of course, with their religion of hatred, were able to send fanatics.

I'm not real thrilled with GWB, as he turned out to be a turd of two colors.

But our government is not run by Mullah's, whose history has proven time and again to be less than peaceful, teaching instead an intolerance of non-Muslims.

Anyone who would claim that Islam is a religion of peace is just refusing to acknowledge events.

I know you didn't say that, but anytime you have a government led by religious fanatics of any kind, then one can assume the proverbial crap can hit the proverbial fan at any time.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Iran's threat is just another one.

AGAIN, see below for a thorough debunking of that supposedly "threatening" rhetoric:

attendingtheworld.wordpress.com...

Anyone's going to sound like a threat when you take words out of context & make completely false translations.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

This is a joke, right? This is your reply to explain that everyone else is wrong in their understanding?

Clever. Semantics. The "regime" of Jerusalem must cease. Well, just exactly how does Iran intend to cause the "regime" of Israel to cease to exist without destroying the very people who support and defend that regime?

You don't have to understand Farsi to know what was said, and meant.

That makes as much sense as saying, "I intend the body no harm, I just want to blow his damn head off."

God Almighty!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Avoiding the issue, not answering direct questions, and trying to obfuscate will convince no-one.

the US was hit in the World Trade Towers by forces that were training in Afghanistan, and supplied personnel by other Muslim countries, which of course, with their religion of hatred, were able to send fanatics.

The only proof comes from a regime whiich could quite easily be seen as religious fanatics - see my previous post.
That's one of the reasons so many question the official story.

But our government is not run by Mullah's, whose history has proven time and again to be less than peaceful, teaching instead an intolerance of non-Muslims.

See my previous post, which you failed to answer, and insert non christians in place of non muslims.

Anyone who would claim that Islam is a religion of peace is just refusing to acknowledge events.

We could say the same of christianity - and both religions worship the same god, which is ironic really, given your record of quoting christian texts and virtues.

anytime you have a government led by religious fanatics of any kind, then one can assume the proverbial crap can hit the proverbial fan at any time.

As it did when dubya invaded Iraq on the flimsiest of pretexts, as well as afghanistan.

When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.”

source

Religious fanaticism?

Lies?

Obfuscation?

Manipulation?

Really, you should put your own house in order before attacking others...

edit for typo's

[edit on 10/4/2009 by budski]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Spare me the links to this was said, this is what was meant, blah, blah.
It amounts to being a circle-jerk.
Anyone can post up "links" and such to seemingly validate their perspective. Don't think so?

Some members of the government have even boasted how they would use them: to destroy Israel. "Islam could survive the retaliation," they insist, "but Israel would be gone forever."

The scariest prospect of all: Iran with the bomb
Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook

Be assured more could be provided by both you and I to prove our perspectives, correct? As such, it proves what? You will walk away with your perspective unchanged, as will I.

Getting back to the thread topic, Iran is willing to engage with the West and Team Obama only because it buys them time to continue what they have started. That has been their modus operandi since their nuclear program was discovered; it certainly has not changed now. If Team Obama was to be transparent and up front with the American people, he would have to invariably admit that they, to include the Europeans, have accepted the fact that they will not stop Iran's nuclear program, thus, have accepted Iran as a 'nuclear reality.'

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

If you were post banned, then that's your problem, not mine - it doesn't happen without good reason, as your semi civil personal attack in your last post has shown.

The fact that you cannot adequately answer the questions posed makes the ignore option the easy one.

As I expect from you.

The simple fact is that you cannot answer and have taken the easy way out

[edit on 10/4/2009 by budski]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well, just exactly how does Iran intend to cause the "regime" of Israel to cease to exist without destroying the very people who support and defend that regime?

Again, lack of context and you can make anyone out to be a monster.
Ahmadinejad said: "...vanish from the page of time."

Which obviously implies he would like to see them done away with by over a period of time. Which implies a prolonged passive and diplomatic struggle. Not simply obliterate them instantly.

How else?

By actually defying their crocodile tears and opposition to every dump they take and piece of titanium they buy and forcing them to negotiate openly with them.

That makes as much sense as saying, "I intend the body no harm, I just want to blow his damn head off."

Crank up the sensationalism a bit more please, it's so unlike you to exaggerate anything concerning Iran...

whose history has proven time and again to be less than peaceful, teaching instead an intolerance of non-Muslims.

Yes and the apartheid-like segregation of Arabs and Jews in Israel via the Dividing Wall, forcing them out of public positions, discontinuing the official use of Arabic and running kids shows that teach Jewish children that "wondrous bravery" of the IDF only inspires confidence in how tolerant the Israelis can be.

As does dropping white phosphorous on UN compounds, bombing schools, blowing up ambulances, killing old people and the like.

I'm so relieved. Phew.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don't know if you get news in your part of the country or not, but my doubts arise from some of your posts.

Israel didn't have walls for many years. It was only after multiple suicide bombings of buses, coffee shops, shopping areas, restaurants, and other places where vulnerable Israelis gathered, were the Israelis compelled to take defensive measures to slow the ingress of the Muslim fundamentalists, who were following the words and examples of their "prophet."

One might note that once the border was not so porous, there was a decrease in the level of these suicide attacks. See any connection?

This isn't rocket science.

And as far as what happened in Gaza, well, you don't strike others if you don't want to get struck in reply. This isn't that hard of a concept either.

Does this principle escape you entirely?

I guarantee you, that if my neighbors kept taking pot shots at me and mine, I would guarantee a swift, accurate, response much greater than the one they started.

As a group, the Gazans have to be some of the most stupid in recorded history. If there is a wrong priority, or a wrong way to do something, they'll figure it out.

They bitch about not having sufficient food, enough clean water, no sewer system, and shortages of medical supplies, yet they are able to spend millions on weapons and rockets!

This reversal of intuitive priorities verifies their stupidity.

I have zero sympathy.

None.

Contrary to Palestinian, and especially Gazan values, stupidity in the rest of the world is not recognized as a virtue, and something the Iranians should not continue to emulate.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

They bitch about not having sufficient food, enough clean water, no sewer system, and shortages of medical supplies, yet they are able to spend millions on weapons and rockets!

hamas is not Gaza - where is your proof of these "millions" spent?

Home made rockets do not cost "millions"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

And as far as what happened in Gaza, well, you don't strike others if you don't want to get struck in reply. This isn't that hard of a concept either.

The Israelis are certainly struggling with that concept:

Gaza truce broken as Israel kills 6 Hamas gunmen in a raid
Israel broke ceasefire by killing sixCNN Confirms Israel broke ceasefire first
Israeli strike is first in Gaza since ceasefire

Even friggin' Hareetz confirmed it:

Six months ago Israel asked and received a cease-fire from Hamas. It unilaterally violated it when it blew up a tunnel, while still asking Egypt to get the Islamic group to hold its fire.

www.haaretz.com...

Spare me your anecdotal references and much about nothingness diatribe.

Swallow that one, instead of Israeli propaganda, for a change.

I guarantee you, that if my neighbors kept taking pot shots at me and mine, I would guarantee a swift, accurate, response much greater than the one they started.

Now you understand why Hamas fired rockets. Congratulations.

As a group, the Gazans have to be some of the most stupid in recorded history.

Can I give you a quick litmus test? No one gives a flying fudge what you think of the Gazans.

They bitch about not having sufficient food, enough clean water, no sewer system, and shortages of medical supplies,

This is some kind of sick joke right?

Like you've been away from your computer for an hour.

stupidity in the rest of the world is not recognized as a virtue, and something the Iranians should not continue to emulate.

It seems to be quite prevalent in the Western world actually if these majority-American boards are any example to go by, and they are.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I seem to be real popular today. I'm honored.

Yeah, the Israelis did destroy a smuggling tunnel. I hardly call that a ceasefire violation.

I would agree that no one cares what I think about Gaza, as I truly don't think much of them. I just know stupid when I see it.

You select text out of context to make a point, which in this case is rather dishonest in your attempts to skewer the truth. I should have included both statements in one paragraph.

Are you telling me that to not spend their money on water, food, medicine, and infrastructure, and instead elect to buy more weapons isn't stupid?

I mean, I bitch about food shortages, water shortages, medicine shortages, sewage problems, I get millions of dollars from outside nations, and instead of spending the funds of food, water, sewage, and medicine, I buy more weapons and ammo.

I know you probably speak good Farsi or good Arabic, and for that I commend you, but this is what I would call STUPID.

Of course, I'm just a simple country-boy.

And we call them as we see them.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah, the Israelis did destroy a smuggling tunnel. I hardly call that a ceasefire violation.

Except it is. That in addition to killing 6 people violated the ceasefire they signed 4 months earlier.

When you sign a legal document according to International Conventions you agree to, you're held to the letter. If you don't want to abide by it, don't sign it.

See? Rational thinking. Priceless.

Do you finally agree now Israel started this bullsh*t? Can we put the obvious to rest?

instead elect to buy more weapons isn't stupid?

What do you think Gaza is?

A friggin' giant military economy for Hamas? This may shock you but there are real people and families living there who don't care for Hamas or Israel and are just trying to live their lives.

Hamas gains the majority of it's funding from Saudi Arabia and Iran. Not the people of Gaza.

What are they going to give them? Trinkets and coupons? Gold tooth fillings? The average Gazan lives on $10 dollars a day. Even less.

I get millions of dollars from outside nations,

Who?

The UN delegates millions of dollars to food aid for Gaza. Not to hand out to the people of Gaza themselves.

I've yet to come across a poorer understanding of how the world works... the product of a very sheltered childhood I presume.

[edit on 10/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Of course, I'm just a simple country-boy.

And we call them as we see them.

Don't insult the rural folk like that. That's just cruel. I know people who live out in the country and they're sharp as tacks.

"Simple" is a bit of an understatement here...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sorry-i gotta raise the BS flag on that one. PRESSTV is a horrible news source. Thier credibility ranks well below that of say Debka and they are about on par with the National Enquirer. If i hadnt seen other news sources there is no way in hades i would have believed ANYTHING coming from that site unless its news that has already happened. Speculative reporting is what they do "best" and its usually WRONG.

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by princeofpeace

PressTV is international news agency - source as any any other MSM.

If this help your day... Its all over the world:

televisionwashington.com...
www.google.com...
www.jpost.com...

... Just google the headlines!

So shut the crap about PressTV - they did good work in Gaza, no one accused them in most difficult situation from been one sided... They raise many headlines conserning threatening Iran first - and that is only natural. Usually headlines comes out in other outlets after few hours.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Godfather, you don't understand what happened, do you? I suppose if it isn't on an Israeli-hating source, it kind of goes over your head, doesn't it? Now, about that last tunnel destruction . . .

When Israel counterattacked Gaza, it never intended to wipe out Hamas. Never!

All that White Phosphorous? All that light show? Sure grabbed your attention, didn't it? After all, you keep mentioning it.

Well, that was planned.

If you want to do something, it is usually best to draw the eyes and attention of your opponent in another direction. Heavy concept, huh?

I believe you intellectual types actually have a term for this. You call it "Misdirection." Cool term, you guys have.

The Israelis had very good intelligence on the tunnels in the south. They had maps, some captured, complete with tunnel entrances, tunnel exits, which structures the tunnels led to, defensive positions, defensive weapons, paths of ingress and egress, storage structures, the whole shebang.

The Israelis simply wanted to eliminate these tunnels, through which was flowing gobs of weapons and munitions.

So the scam.

While you and the entire world were watching the light show everywhere but one area, the Israelis were busy about their tasks. Even the news crews were spellbound.

I'm telling you, those Israelis are canny men.

You act as though you didn't know this . . .

Oh my God! They fooled you too?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Can you all get back on to the thread topic?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

My apologies.

It's funny how you respond a few times to unrelated accusations or falsehoods, and before you know it, you've forgotten the original intent of the thread.

Again, my apologies.

Dooper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join