It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fusion center declares nation's oldest universities possible terror threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fusion center declares nation's oldest universities possible terror threat

rawstory.com

A newly leaked terrorism assessment from a law enforcement fusion center in Virginia highlights US universities as potential "radicalization nodes" for terrorists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Unreal...

Where will these people draw the line with their paranoia?

So now universities are the breeding ground for "radicalism" and terrorists? What, because the students and professors there might be free thinking, non-conformists to the "larger" societal game plan being honed?

Make sure you read the section on "hacktivism" here people---The ever-increasing tie-in to the internet keeps repeating itself in recent days---They are coming after the net, make no mistake about it. Can't have the sheeples and serfs dissenting against TPTB...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My reaction to this:

Second line.. dont have much to add.. It speaks for it self

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's Rawstory yet again with more scaremongering.

Seriously, what would people link here if it weren't for the delusionals at Rawstory and Prisonplanet

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like the report given out to the Missouri Highway Patrol about "Militias" that was put out a while ago by the fusion center there.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Seriously, what would people link here if it weren't for the delusionals at Rawstory and Prisonplanet

Oh those delusionals with actual documents and proof from government sanctioned organizations?

These fusion centers are propaganda machines and should be first on the list of ineffective government bureaucracy that needs to go.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hmmm, who else was suspicious of intellectuals - to the point of apparently killing people just for wearing glasses? Oh, yeah! The Khmer Rouge!

See, Obama has ushered in the United States of Communism!!!!!!1!one! Run for the hills!

[/sarcasm]

Count me as another that puts this down to yet more scaremongering.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The think thank billing itself as a 'fusion center' is very correct.

Young people, recently emancipated from their parental influence, and suddenly thrust into a world where vast amounts of historical information are available on demand, coupled with young professors, many unindoctrinated into the Higher Education programming agenda, spells trouble for them.

Their basic problem is that they can't - no matter how hard they try - force people to accept that they are the only ones allowed to think or decide for themselves on issues such as torture, exploitation, and 'control' of the masses.

Such actions, as our 'elected' non-representing 'representatives' have determined for us, are a peril to the 'prosperity' they hold as the only goal worth pursuing.

They created the label "radicalized homegrown terrorist' for a reason.

Language is one of the establishments favorite weapons.

And much to their dismay, many Americans have become aware of how they use it.

Once they eliminate the 'thought' threat, they must eliminate any knowledge that might lead a person to think... Fahrenheit 451 - here we come.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think this is just another illustration of people being afraid of what they don't understand.

In this instance, it's an example of the powers that be and the old bureaucrats being afraid of something they don't understand.. you know... things like "an education".

Them damned terrists with ther books and hoodoo voodoo mathumaticals and science non sense!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Here's Rawstory yet again with more scaremongering.

Hmmmm, are they REALLY just trying to "scaremonger"?

Here's a link to a .pdf of the report from the "Virginia Fusion Center", take a look at page 17 as referenced in the OP's article.

2009 VIRGINIA TERRORISM THREAT ASSESSMENT

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Their basic problem is that they can't - no matter how hard they try - force people to accept that they are the only ones allowed to think or decide for themselves on issues such as torture, exploitation, and 'control' of the masses.

Language is one of the establishments favorite weapons.

And much to their dismay, many Americans have become aware of how they use it.
[edit on 7-4-2009 by Maxmars]

I agree, it's a classic tactic and one that's been used in many different ways over the years: the Catholic church and the use of Latin in religion*, the use of Latin in medical journals which created a monopoly before Nicholas Culpeper's pioneering work, impenetrable 'legalese' the world over and so on.

*Funnily enough, a similar issue is hitting some Amish communities regarding them being prevented access to bibles in English at a time where English is now becoming the dominant language in some communities.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Unreal...

Where will these people draw the line with their paranoia?

So now universities are the breeding ground for "radicalism" and terrorists? What, because the students and professors there might be free thinking, non-conformists to the "larger" societal game plan being honed?

It makes sense to me, because the students in college are very rarely "free thinking". They are more "rebel thinking" than anything.

The majority of the "thinking" students I run into are just ticked off at someone. People like to assume that if they think something different from the norm, that they are "free thinkers".

I'm sorry, but I've lived in America for 36 years now, and I have YET to find ANY free thinkers.

I've found lots of people who think "different" from the norm, but I have not met any free thinkers, not in America anyway.

I will say this though...
I believe it is completely crazy to assume that terrorists will be bred from colleges. Why is this? Because College age kids are usually pro-gay, pro-pot, pro-anything that goes against the grain.

However terrorists, are usually fundamentalists who despise gays culture, drugs, even wine, womens rights.... anything you find in a progressive society.

Now are we breeding lots of angry college students? Maybe... I think it's understandable that college age kids would be angry in these days and times, as America has LOST it's vision of Freedom. My only hope is that this economic downturn makes the things we used to fight about seem paltry.

Will the current society find angry youth in colleges? Sure. Does this make them terrorists? Hardly.

And it hardly makes them free thinkers either.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well you knew this was coming--universities are terrorist breeding grounds.

My Constitutional law professor was put on a terrorist watch list a few years ago; now this.

Thoughtcrime is here. Hello, Mr. Orwell, only 25 years too early.

Check out Naomi Wolf. She's had a lot to say on this very subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Intelligence and independence is the big brothers greatest enemy. No wonder they think universities are dangerous.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

My point is that it's very easy in the post 9/11 climate to scare people.

My personal favorite is still the FBI warnings about "floating bombs".
Apparently someone prepared a threat assessment (just like the one you're quoting) which showed that terrorists were planning to float bombs down rivers into harbors and detonate them.

This stuff is just designed to confuse and distract, I don't believe any of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Intelligence and independence is the big brothers greatest enemy. No wonder they think universities are dangerous.

Unfortunately you can find neither in Colleges.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This sounds like something Senator McCarthy would have said in the 1950's, what with his policy of cracking down on intellectualism under the cover of introducing too many "Leftist/Pinko" ideas into American society.

That's just eerie. Cold War 2.0 Jihad Edition.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It seems to me that everyone is starting to show their true colors.

The PTB are starting to fear losing their power.

It seems like the 60's is making a big comeback.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
People, you are all on a list

Seriously, do you honestly think you aren't on this list?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
People, you are all on a list

Seriously, do you honestly think you aren't on this list?

There are lists, and then, there are LISTS.

Yup, we could be on one..., if they thought we might actually DO something, or if they need to boost their operational numbers....

more people on the list = more funding for the contractors managing the list...

You didn't think the government actually does that themselves, did you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join