It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Confirmed: Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

www.prisonplanet.com

The death of a newspaper seller during the G20 protests last week which was initially reported by the media to have been caused by a heart attack was actually a result of an attack by riot cops, according to eyewitnesses.

Ian Tomlinson, 47, was not even taking part in the G20 protests, he was walking home from his job as a newsagent near the Bank of England when he collapsed and suffered a heart attack.

News reports immediately after the incident stated that Tomlinson looked dazed and confused before collapsing and being treated by medics.

The explanation that the man’s death was accidental was strongly pushed by the media in the hours after the incident, and a police post mortem examination attributed his death to natural causes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police 'assaulted' bystander who died during G20 protests
Video: Police Assault of G20 Demonstration Bystander Led to Heart Attack
Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/6/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A great amount of witnesses have bravely come forward to state that Tomlinson was attacked by riot police before his collapse. An experienced press photographer, Anna Branthwaite, told the IPCC: “I can remember seeing Ian Tomlinson. He was rushed from behind by a riot officer with a helmet and shield two or three minutes before he collapsed.”

Amiri Howe mentioned that Tomlinson was struck ‘near the head’ with a police baton.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/6/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Such is the mindset of "law enforcement". I would bet that at least 70 percent of law enforcement have committed felony crimes while in uniform. Or have watched other law enforcement officers commit felony crimes without reporting them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Too bad this didn't take place in a soccer stadium.

You know things are bad when the only justice you get is from mob rule.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
amazing.................. poor guy didn't even take part in the protests!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is bad but it is the stuff we need to show what the police are. I am glad the protesters at g20 did nothing nd it was just the police. Shows the police for what they are, when they are tring desperately to get people into being violents, when they are the srial killers.

I wonder if the people that struck him, where wearing helmets or masks?

Anyone know.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Bravo to the people who will talk about what they saw, rather than cower down in fear of the police.

I often wonder if riots throw a switch in people (specifically, law enforcement) and make them regress to an animal state of mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I believe these reports just about as much as i believe the official ones being released.

I'm betting its a mix of each. He probably was protesting, he probably was roughed up at one point and he probably did die from a heart attack.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Now, these people who witnessed this need to find legal representation and seek justice on behalf of this poor man.

I am not so willing to blindly accept their reports, but if there are multiple witnesses, they have a duty to fight for justice.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
lesson learned...if anyone has a bad heart...never go even near a protest, the police are hyped up and geared up to beat someone, anyone being there, no matter how innocent that someone is. their mission is to control, no matter how much violence they have to use. remember, property protection ranks just below the police's own protection, especially if it is business property, or the wealthys property. bodily injury of protesters are of no concern to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Too bad this didn't take place in a soccer stadium.

You know things are bad when the only justice you get is from mob rule.

That cheered me up somewhat, not that i enjoy mob mentality but those coppers got exactly what they deserved.

RIP Ian Tomlinson, i hope your death was not in vain and may justice prevail.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ah, the ever reliable Prison Planet and the oh so law abiding, no axe-to-grind protestors "giving evidence". Lets take this with a pinch of salt...

If they saw something, they should make a complaint as if they had seen any other crime being committed. The IPC would then conduct an investigation and prosecute anyone responsible.

As it happens, the IPC have been engaged, so I think I will hold off on my judgement before berating the Police who, despite a few ugly scenes caused by "anarchists" throwing stuff, actually managed to peacefully police the G20 summit.

You do know these "peaceful protestors" were actually throwing projectiles at the Police whilst they tried to save the mans life? Just remember that...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hmm....

I'm going to have to go with the notion that the full truth is still not being revealed here. Who the heck walks through the middle of an enormous protest on the way home from work? Surely it would have been quicker and less trouble to skirt around a few blocks?

Have to wait and see if any footage comes out, or if there are any more eye witness reports.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hahaha, the ipcc never prosecute the police. The police are always destroying lifes, as they are just there for people to make stuff up about, so the police can murder people you do not like.

Police solve hardly any crimes period.

Even if there was video evidence that this man did nothing and was killed by police scum, people would be going its the police so its ok. So they have a right to kill do they?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ah, Andy. I would have put my daughter down as a bet, I was that sure you would show up in this thread!

The IPCC DO prosecute the police, actually. There have been dozens of cases of the past year alone of police being dealt with for breaking the law.

I know you have an axe to grind about the police. God knows why. Did they catch you doing something you shouldn't have been and now you're just harbouring a resentment for being punished? We'll never know, as when you are challenged about your downright hostile views towards them and your baseless accusations of them filiming our children in the bath secretly, you scurry away never to return.

I've never had any bad dealings with the police and I have had many, especially when I was younger.

Even when I have been arrested, they treated me with respect, courtesy and were nothing short of down right nice. Do you know why? Because I didn't act like a tit when they came for me and treated them with the respect I wanted for myself. I was the only one in the cell block allowed to have my cell door open, keep my fags and lighter on me and even had them bring me a McDonalds as the curry they gave me was pretty lame.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As it happens, the IPC have been engaged, so I think I will hold off on my judgement before berating the Police who, despite a few ugly scenes caused by "anarchists" throwing stuff, actually managed to peacefully police the G20 summit.

You do know these "peaceful protestors" were actually throwing projectiles at the Police whilst they tried to save the mans life? Just remember that...

You know that these peaceful protestors were NOT throwing anything at the police whilst they tried to save the mans life. Simply not true... If anything it was the protestors who tried to save the mans life BEFORE the police got to him.... go figure.

Oh and as an eyewitness to the events on the night (not during the day) i suggest you go and look up the rules to peaceful policing, 'cos i don't know what your idea of that is, but smashing people in the teeth with shields, hitting innocent bystanders and whacking anybody who got too close with a truncheon isn't my idea of peace.

Seriously, unless you actually saw the events unfold, then you have no reliable source to believe. I was there.....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by andy1033

Even when I have been arrested, they treated me with respect, courtesy and were nothing short of down right nice. Do you know why? Because I didn't act like a tit when they came for me and treated them with the respect I wanted for myself. I was the only one in the cell block allowed to have my cell door open, keep my fags and lighter on me and even had them bring me a McDonalds as the curry they gave me was pretty lame.

Well isn't that just rosy.... Go and tell it to the family of the man who died on the streets after being clubbed by the police. I'm sure they'd love to hear your story of the boy in blue being nice to you and feeding you fast food.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, if you don't buy the story because prison planet is too crazy, and the guardian is too "left wing", here's another source, "right wing" Daily Mail.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
One thing I just could not understand is why the police prevented people from leaving the area for a period of time. Why would they have done that? Does anyone have the answer?

If anyone attempts to prevent me from leaving a place, or hems me in; then I become like any caged animal - ready to fight my way out - its a claustrophobia thing.

There were a number of videos showing a lot more aggressiveness on the part of the British police this time. Once again, how could attempting to prevent people from leaving that area be anything but a provocation?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The detention of the demonstrators was to enable each to be photographed in order that the Police could later identify those who invaded the bank branch & those throwing items at them. Or so they say.

By the time they were released most demonstrators had been "on the go" for 10 hours or more, many without food or water. Most just wanted to get home ... and that's exactly what happened, they just quickly dispersed. Media reports said that Day 2 demonstrations were less well attended. Hardly surprising, really. It does actually seem to be a very effective way to wear down the demonstrators.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join