It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

www.prisonplanet.com

While the police stood off the hardcore anarchists smashing up the windows of the Royal Bank of Scotland, riot squads were ordered to wade into the “climate camp” protesters, a few streets away, and “kettle” them into a very confined space.

The police use this tactic to effectively wear down peaceful demonstrators, thus significantly halting the protest. These scenes were not shown on the major news networks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
About this video:

Riot police use shields and batons in unprovoked attack on peaceful protesters. It took place at the Climate Camp on Bishopsgate in the City of London during the first day of the G20 protests on Wednesday 1st April 2009.

Listen closely to those people. They were screaming, "this is not a riot!". Obviously, the pleas of men & women, who want their rights does not impress or sadden the tyrants & their minions.

No matter how many times they beat us to death or imprison our people, peaceful protesters will rise up, and maybe they might even fight back before they forget how wars are really won (not by words, but by fire).

All freedom-lovers must fight for their rights. It's only natural to get angry with those, who just want to control you. There are no authority-figures above the laws of the land. We're not going to be slaves!

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Nice find

I'm completely shocked and not surprised at the same time,,those shields I've never seen before, I think that's what shocked me the most, and the way that SCUM was into that women in the yellow, was just sickening,,,her entire body language was screaming PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME.

How can I get a copy, this is the sort of thing that needs to get out there especially given what the media is portraying...

There has to be more footage....

F&S

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
nice find S&F. makes me feels sad watching this. what a shame what this world has come to due to the NWO's palns.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I saw the same stuff on the night. The police violently broke up the peaceful climate camp and basically sectioned off the street, keeping people contained.

They then kept using the 'line and charge' technique to get people off the streets. I saw more than a few bleeding heads and bruised arms and

I saw a girl struggling to unlock her bicycle from a lampost and was pushed to the ground by two male police officers. She was then tangled between the bike and the men and one of them shoved her in the face...... before grabbing her by the back of her neck and throwing her away from them...what the hell had she done wrong?

The only good thing that came from it, i believe was despite the fact it's now considered illegal to film the police, there were literally hundreds of cameras in their faces.

Don't get me wrong, not all the coppers were bastards, i met three or four genuinely nice coppers who chatted to me about the footie and made a joke about the day, which was cool, but i could see in the eyes of most of the riot police it was nothing more than just a game, a chance to crack some protestors heads in with their truncheons, safe in the knowledge that they are invincible behind their shield and helmets and laws.

Oh and in regards to the Earl street squat that was supposedly busted in the search for 'violent instigators', let me assure you inside was VERY peaceful.... They even made a wonderful vegan curry and several cups of tea to this weary northerner. Apart from some slightly out of tune guitar playing, i think the police had NO reason to bust this legal squat and if they wanted to look for troublemakers, i suggest they head down to the local station and ask for the riot squad.

Bastards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Oh and in regards to the video..... it was all decided upon the nod of the leading officer.

No missiles were thrown, in fact if you look, you'll notice half the group is sitting down playing drums.... no rioters, no nutters just peaceful people....

THEN the police come charging in....

STARRED AND FLAGGED..... this is good evidence. Thankyou.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Oh and in regards to the video..... it was all decided upon the nod of the leading officer.

No missiles were thrown, in fact if you look, you'll notice half the group is sitting down playing drums.... no rioters, no nutters just peaceful people....

THEN the police come charging in....

STARRED AND FLAGGED..... this is good evidence. Thankyou.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by mr-lizard]
Yep, it also coincided with some of the charges down the road in Threadneedle street. It was an attack by the nazi polis.

And this just in the guy who died WAS hit by police battons.

Police 'assaulted' bystander who died during G20 protests

The man who died during last week's G20 protests was "assaulted" by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents. One claims he was struck on the head with a baton.

Photographer Anna Branthwaite said: "I can remember seeing Ian Tomlinson. He was rushed from behind by a riot officer with a helmet and shield two or three minutes before he collapsed." Branthwaite, an experienced press photographer, has made a statement to the IPCC.

Another independent statement supports allegations of police violence. Amiri Howe, 24, recalled seeing Mr Tomlinson being hit "near the head" with a police baton. Howe took one of a sequence of photographs that show a clearly dazed Mr Tomlinson being helped by a bystander.

A female protester, who does not want to be named but has given her testimony to the IPCC, said she saw a man she later recognised as Tomlinson being pushed aggressively from behind by officers. "I saw a man violently propelled forward, as though he'd been flung by the arm, and fall forward on his head.

"He hit the top front area of his head on the pavement. I noticed his fall particularly because it struck me as a horrifically forceful push by a policeman and an especially hard fall; it made me wince."

www.guardian.co.uk...

so you can add manslaughter to the ever growing list of illegal things those #s did on wednesday.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
again a brilliant find...

I really hope some justice is served here for that poor bloke.
May his death not be in vain, may it set an example to the public as to how the police ARE responsible for violence and may it somehow go towards creating a more peaceful way of policing these protests.

RIP

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
me too mate, me too. The ONLY difference to the peaceful protest on saturday, and the shambles that follwed on wednesday, was the police tactics. On saturday, they let us march and there was no trouble. I think 1 arrest out of 40-50 thousands people. They bring kettling into play, and all hell breaks loose.

It's a dirty tactic, and hopefully next time people will be prepared to defend themselves against it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Looks like remaining peaceful just doesn't work.

At least that's the message I've received from this.

The next batch of protesters might be more inclined to bring weapons thanks to the moron who gave the order to start shoving.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This really f##ks me off, and yet there seems to be nothing we can do about it. The police are not accoutable apparently/

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here's a good piece on what happened at the Climate Camp.

Eyewitnesses said hundreds of environmental demonstrators camping out along Bishopsgate in a peaceful protest during the day were cleared from the area aggressively by riot police with batons and dogs after nightfall on Wednesday.

The police had earlier said they would ask the protesters, whom they acknowledged were peaceful, to move as night fell. Commander Simon O'Brien, said his officers would be "politely and proportionately" asking campers to move on.

But one eyewitness, Martin Horwood, the Liberal Democrat MP for Cheltenham, said dogs were used on protesters near the camp. James Lloyd, a legal adviser in the camp, said riot police forcefully cleared the area using batons around midnight.

"There was no announcement, the riot police just started moving forward very quickly from the south," he said. "They were pushing everyone back, pushing forward quickly. They caused panic, people were screaming and shouting ... There was a person in a wheelchair struggling to move, being pushed forcibly by them. It was totally disproportionate."

Another eyewitness, Ashley Parsons, said: "The violence perpetrated against so many around me over that hour was sickening and terrifying.

"Without warning, from around midnight, the police repeatedly and violently surged forwards in full riot gear, occasionally rampaging through the protest line and deliberately destroying protesters' property, some officers openly screaming in pumped-up rage."

www.guardian.co.uk...

There are no words,it's just utterly enraging. And whilst I dissagree with violent protests on the whole, johnsky is orobably right. People will start to think of ways to protect themselves against these thugs. I know for one thing, if I'm on a march and some one comes at me with a weapon, uniform or no uniform, I WILL protect myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
We've seen this same scene a million times. Peacefull and lawfull methods do not work against these enemies. They have the force of the law that they're not afraid to pervert for their purposes. Also they have more than enough resources to enforce them. This would be a ripe time to start using guerilla tactics and to beging an armed revolution.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
dammit
they screamed this is not a riot
still the cops kept pushin and hitting

disgusted
star and flagged!

this needs to be spreaded as much as possible

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And for all the right wingers who claim the protestors consisted of nothing but 'smelly hippies' , please take a look at this video.

www.youtube.com...

You will see people of all classes, colours, races, creeds, occupations all standing together to protest, but ultimately prevented from doing so...

Pushed away like cattle.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
it is illegal to photograph the british police on active duty.
does this mean ATS is breaking the law by hosting this video
can someone with a better understanding of the new laws clarify this ??

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
This really f##ks me off, and yet there seems to be nothing we can do about it. The police are not accoutable apparently/

The police can murder anyone they want. If you do not believe, goto the police and say someone commited or is going to commit a serious crime, the police will destroy that person for you, for life.

The police are there for there friends to kill anyone they want.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Everyone needs to ban together against this tyranny no matter where they live. They aren't just going after one country, they want it all, globally. This is the change we were told was coming, now here it is. Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I guess the Pigs are dirty all over the world but somehow I had this lovely picture in my head of Bobbies being helpful & all, I guess these must be the ones that are military wannabe's like we have over here that are in special little squads, made for being buttwipes. Pigs are pigs.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Nothing? That's not entirely true. We can fight back.
When the Police start attacking innocent, and commit manslaughter and are not held accountable, then they are no longer Police. They become the enemy.
(May I point out, the Police who shot the man after 7/7 we're doing their duty. They are Heroes, yet they are punished. These t**ts attack innocent protesters, and nobody seems to care).

Originally posted by ho chi minh
it is illegal to photograph the british police on active duty. does this mean ATS is breaking the law by hosting this video can someone with a better understanding of the new laws clarify this ??

But when that video is the only evidence to prove they are acting unjustly, and out of line, then exceptions must be made, for the good of everyone.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TitanHQ]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join