It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh shooter was fan of online conspiracy theories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Check this out:

crooksandliars.com...

According to that article, some online groups have already uncovered a few of his online profiles in other places. He uses the name RichP a few times, including presumably on Myspace.

We have a member on ATS that goes by RichP, although he was only active for a brief period in 2004, and not really in the Conspiracy sections:

RichP Member Profile

Apparently he also posted on StormFront.org, securing his status as a piece of crap. There he went by the name Braced_For_Fate, and there is currently no ATS user with that name.

He also has a newer Myspace than the previous one mentioned, in which he used the name RichieDelicious. That account seems to have been deleted now. On the snapshot of that page, seen here:

www.scribd.com...

He has a link to an IM username "p0p633." Again, no such user on ATS.

Despite the second Myspace account being deleted, there is still a blog available that he posted:

Explicit language ahead!

So, if he did post on ATS, RichP was probably the guy and apparently he wasn't very interested in 2004 in conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh for god sake.....What the hell. Now they're coming after us for this?
This was ONE SICK KID. His own paranoia took over his judgment.

I hate this guilty by association crap.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Why feel guilty? This was some one who let their fears take control.

Just understand that some people who are ATSers or CTers are freaked out nut cases. If it really does not involve you and you had nothing to do with it no guilt should be felt.

If you feel guilty or if anyone feels guilty over this they are being overly sensitive.

Every group has nut cases.

Raist

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I really hope he wasn't a poster on this forum. It could give authorities a reason to start monitoring ATS.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

I would imagine that due to some of the subjects discussed here they already do monitor ATS. To think otherwise is foolish in my opinion.

If I were “in charge” I would want to know everything the “commoners” were talking about. I would want to know the places they meet and what they know or believe they know that I am doing. ATS is one of the first places I would look if I were “in charge”.

Raist

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Likewise. But the odds are that he may have been. We are the biggest repository of Alternative information. But as I said in another thread, if it hadn't been conspiracy site that made him nuts it would have been something else. He was not mentally stable, and though I realize the information discussed on ATS may be very overwhelming for some. It is important for those people to understand that the best way to deal with it is to take an unattached approach and gather the facts before acting. And when acting, keep in mind what tactics will achieve your goals.

1 Suicide by Cop
or

2 Organize and get law enforcement involved.

I'll take option two.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

It's not my guilt it's the guilt placed upon the community that might actually cause government intervention of internet sites like this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think about some of the truly mentally ill people that we have booted off ATS in the past for non compliance of the T@C's and how when they go off and do something incredibly wrong how they can easily say, it was due to conspiracy sites.

I can think of a few anyway that were crazy and had to be banned pretty quickly, but that is why our forum is the biggest on the net because the members dont have to put up with total insanity from unruly idiots.

Also the media is getting very concerned about ratings, people are turning to the internet for the real scoop and to alternative sites for information that is not tainted and watered down.

We also have open discussion on the hottest topics and that kind of interaction the news could never allow because of the censorship agenda of the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Raist

It's not my guilt it's the guilt placed upon the community that might actually cause government intervention of internet sites like this.

That's not guilt, that's scapegoating. For them to place guilt upon us, we would have to be guilty. :-)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

No what's ignorant is for someone to base their theory about his motives based on an article that is obviously focused only on his CT beliefs and not any other factors in his life, and to assume that he acted solely because of his "delusions" about the NWO, and Obama.

I found another article that talks about his beliefs, but does not focus solely on his CT beliefs. www.cnn.com... shot.dog/index.html?iref=topnews

It would seem that he may have been attempting to prevent the police from removing him from his house. They were called to the house on a domestic call by his mother (they had been called there several times in the past) who was upset because the dog urinated on the floor and had problems with her son when she confronted him about it, and wanted him removed from the house.

He was also discharged from the marines a few years ago after assaulting his drill sergeant during basic traing. His mother said he had been stock piling and selling weapons because he believed that because of the economic collapse the police were no longer able to protect society. So if you don't focus on only his CT beliefs you can see that he had other problems in his life.

Edited to try and fix link, hope it works this time.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4/6/2009 by chise61]

[edit on 4/6/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
reply to post by xmotex

I really hope he wasn't a poster on this forum. It could give authorities a reason to start monitoring ATS.

Interesting that you think that about this case.

I became interested in the subject and did some creative googling and found this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently that person was a member of ATS, therefore your fear is already confirmed.

Also if you are under the illusion that the feds are not already monitoring sites like ATS you would be seriously wrong. It makes sense to use sites like this to seek out people who may fit within a particular psychological profile.

Furthermore, having murderous people like these tied to a CT community will eventually go a long way toward demonizing CT, and perhaps ultimately restricting sites like this perhaps by requiring approved verifiable personal information via registration forms before one can obtain access to such sites. Hey it would make their job easier when building profiles on CT site users.

What better way to kill the voices of dissent than to vilify and demonize conspiracy theorists by linking them to insane murderers?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If you or anyone else on here goes and kills yourself or someone else because of something I said I would not feel one twinge of guilt. I would feel that you or whoever was one sick individual that needs/needed help but other than that a thought of someone like that would be fleeting.

I agree with the guy that the government would like nothing more than to take our guns. But I do not believe they are coming for them right now. I might answer my door in a different manner than he did because of this. I do though feel absolutely no guilt for ATSer or any CTer because of this man.

Our only response to this publicly should be nothing more than to ask for justice to be served. Really though justice is rarely ever served in most cases. In this case though we might see something close to justice for his actions. If we respond in any other way other than to ask for justice to be served we are associating ourselves with this man and others like him.

Raist

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

It's got nothing to do with the right or left, it's all about the individual. The facts can't make anything look good if all the facts aren't reported, if all they focus on are his CT beliefs then of course it's gonna make CT's look bad.

Why should we take a long hard look at ourselves, we had nothing to do with his actions ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if he was a member at all, but the fact is that the time for violence is not here YET! The day has come for us to fight for our freedom again but this fight can still be fought with the Pen, while the sword stays sheathed. However the day may come that we need to lay down that pen and draw that sword, and even then it will not be acts of since less violence, but in defiance of those who have taken our rights away.

The police, FBI CIA NAS, and the military are not the enemy at this time attacking them now will only bring about what it is we are against. Now I do fear for our second amendment rights because of people like this.

if i am still correct though a convicted felon can not purchase the weapons this man used and a dishonorable discharge is Felony conviction! So he was not a law abiding gun owner ever but the media wont mention this small fact!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I did not read the entire thread to see what was all posted...I read enough to know that a few ATS members smiled at this news, or without any hesitation justified it. I just shake my head...

The main thing here is ****I NOTICED MANY OF THE ATS/CONSPIRACY FOLKS WERE OFFENDED, MAD,ETC AT BEING LUMPED IN WITH THIS NUTJOB AND DIDN'T LIKE THE CONNECTION MADE BY THE MEDIA****

All I have to say to that is HOW DO YOU LIKE? Many of you know I am a Law Enforcement Officer and I ALWAYS get lumped into one with the threads started on here when an officer does something wrong. Many of you are ALWAYS ready to hate ALL pigs, hate ALL nazi's, hate ALL cops, claim we are ALL murders, we are ALL corrupt, we are ALL "bad" for society.......when it's just NOT true....but now that you guys are lumped in the same way and looked at in the same way...OH NO...NO NO NO...hang on...now there is an issue.

Even though I have been criticized, my profession bashed, and my integrity questioned, my job ability doubted and my intentions assumed, I HAVE NEVER LUMPED ALL ATS MEMBERS INTO ONE GROUP, AND WILL NEVER! I have seen and discovered some great minded people on this site. I have debated and argued with many members. Have I seen some members post on here that I feel are outright worthless human beings, YES, have I read and seen members on here that are worthless contributors and spew nothing but hate, lies, and zero facts because they have NO idea what their talking about, QUITE OFTEN, BUT I have also seen some great posts, posts that made great points, and even if I didn't agree the members made their case without stupidy.

To all the members who I know post with good intentions, understanding, and make their points with great debate I apologize that the conspiracy community was questioned/blamed for this....to my three fellow fallen brothers and their families...I bow my head and say a prayer...I hope the families are taken care of and they can move on. As for the scumbag.....the devil just made a place for you...ENJOY IT!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

So, if he did post on ATS, RichP was probably the guy and apparently he wasn't very interested in 2004 in conspiracy theories.

RichP is a very generic pseudonym, chances are it was someone else, someone very interested in secret airplanes and space.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Very well said. I even mentioned something like that only dealing with religious people and how all of them are labeled. I am not sure how I forgot how often all the police on here are labeled as evil as well sorry about that. I do though fully understand what you are talking about.

It is funny though how when things are turned around and the shoe is on the other foot how many on here get upset and all. I think this guy was a member if not a lurker of ATS I could not imagine otherwise. I do though feel no connection to the guy because his actions do not agree with my own. Even if he were someone I might have agreed with on a post here and there does not mean I would have been an associate of such a person. I think at some point nearly all of us can agree on something.

But like I have said here plenty of times every group has its nut cases or just outright bad people.

Raist

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

I became interested in the subject and did some creative googling and found this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently that person was a member of ATS,

Sorry for quoting myself, however I want to suggest that anyone reading this thread read the above thread linked in the quote.

I spent the some time reading through it and it tells an interesting story, first of all for whatever reason it was removed from public view to the RATS forums but later moved back. Now for whatever reason you can't reply to it.

There are some interesting parallels and potential implications.

I wonder, were there any more infamous members of ATS like this?

Are there any that have had the discussion completely removed?

MBF

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Face it people, there is a lot on here that is nothing but pure crap, but at the same time, there is good information here that you can't find anywhere else. In most cases, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the crap is. We don't know more than is reported about the shooting. Has anyone ever heard a report of someone shooting people for a good reason? They are ALL reported as being a "nut case". It is my opinion that some of these "nut cases" are just normal people that have been pushed to that point. Some people will take being screwed just so far before they fight back with everything they have. I'll guarantee you right now, if you ever see me in the news as being "some nut case that snapped", it will be for a very good reason.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by MBF]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As my old college professor said one day... Everything we talk is politic (πολιτεία) . And sometimes we forget that we influence other people with our point of view about everything. Don't matter what the subject.

That's why I "try" to make my points without resorting to any stupid saying like "let's nuke the NK". I like to imagine that I wouldn't use such stupid language if you close to children. We are in the internet after all, you don't know the age, gender, nationality of people that is reading your post. Words have power.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join