It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh shooter was fan of online conspiracy theories

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Richard Poplawski was "convinced the nation was secretly controlled by a cabal that would eradicate freedom of speech, take away his guns and use the military to enslave the citizenry. ... He appeared to share a belief that the government was controlled from unseen forces, that troops were being shipped home from the Mideast to police the citizenry here, and that Jews secretly ran the country."

and his beliefs are hard to believe because????

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belgiannewbie
Is this another good excuse to demonize conspiracy theorists to ridicule it and make us look nuts and dangerous to the general public?

As far as the reporting goes, YUP!

where the guy is that killed the cops is concerned, He's just a nut, probably his mother too. As was previously stated, You know that your son has an arsenal downstairs and must have been spouting off about this sort of stuff. Did she think that this would play out smoothly???? Or is she the worst drama queen in the whole damn world.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Couple this with the BS the Missouri Highway Patrol has already been cooking up and it looks like we're soon to have another witch hunt to contend with. Wonder who'll be playing the part of senator McCarthy this time around?

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It would seem that these officers may not have been killed if a 911 operator had performed her job duties correctly.

See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

It is a government conspiracy to make it seem that all conspiracy theorists are crazy.

I'm being serious by the way.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Has anyone else noticed anything odd here?
First, they pulled the media and bystanders out of viewing distance when the suspect was apprehended, sighting that he may be watching the news, which wouldn't really matter after he turned himself in.
Second, they, almost immediately, set a huge mob of bloggers on him, linking him to arian groups, conspiracy groups, and people who believe in the second amendment.
Third, they started a get to know him media campaign. When has that ever happened. Why didn't they do this for the guy that killed four cops in Oakland, or the guy that killed thirteen people in New York?

And, last, but not least, look at these:

Richard Andrews is identified as Richard A. Poplawski by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette(?) with many links to this blogg on myspace appearing all over the web. Keep in mind, he was arrested on Saturday at 11 a.m. so who is this? I've attempted to make contact, but so far to no avail.
Any info would be appreciated.

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Jon1117]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

I just looked at your link, it doesn't make any sense to me. Unless he uses different names, and one of his friends or family members has his password to his my space account.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Thats what I thought at first, but I'm not sure anymore. Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I can't figure out why everyone is treating this so oddly. What is so special about this case vs. the three other mass murders, which all involved more victims, that have happened recently. Why is the media scrambling to taint this kid's image?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

Probably because they can link him to white supremest groups, CT sites, etc, so they now have he oportunity to taint the image of these groups at the same time. The article in the OP of this thread focuses only on his CT beliefs, so they are clearly trying to taint sites like this, imply that CT's in some way played a part in what he did.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

Because the dig-in to his personal life appears to link him to "the enemy" - that is, us. People who ask questions. People who own guns. People who don't believe that the government is in control.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

If this is at all true (what you appear to be claiming or have found) than this looks like a classic CIA (or black op type of thing). There was that argument made in the JFK movie. Where they had many Oswalds in different places at the same time. The guy in PA may well have been an unwitting tool to further an agenda.

Like I said in my last post, the very next day they had a show called FBI Files on the Discovery Channel. Some story about the CSA militia and the murders of police officers by that white supremacist militia (the CSA).

Could very well be a well orchestrated rouse put together in order to further the gun grabbing agenda, and they just sent three unwitting police officers to the slaughter like lambs to make it happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This news doesn't surprise me at all.

I think we'll see more of these types of (Bill Cooper) incidents in the future. The one sticking point I have with Conspiracy Forums is that they tend to have the effect of feeding someones paranoia if that person is not emotionally stable.

You can get many pats on the back from fellow members here for saying the most outlandish things, and that's a real worry. Providing validation to potentially unstable people is not very intelligent IMHO.

Did the effects of the 'conspiracy forum' contribute or play and indirect role in the bloodshed. Most probably! Deny Ignorance!

IRM

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And Im sure Hitler was a fan of many things too, such as, WATER, but does that make water bad?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I see your point, but you must agree that someone would have to be unstable from the get-go to let these forums convince him to kill three cops. (I'm not saying thats what happened, I'm being hypothetical here.) Anyway, if there was any evidence to support that, the media would already be all over it. They'd like nothing more than to blame ATS or any other similar site for those murders.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Jon1117]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think I've found something. Call me crazy, but I think this really might be a conspiracy. If any of you watch Glenn Beck, you'll be familiar with his "Debunking"(lol) of the FEMA camps(Which the govt. admitted to, I guess he missed that part of the issue). In any case, they try to link belief in FEMA camps to Linda Thompson.(They take special care in doing this) Then they link Thompson to Timothy McVey and the militia movement.
In the case of Poplawski, they link him to ct's, racial supremacists, and the militia movement.
The most important variable here is timing. Remember when Beck announced on Fox and Friends that he couldn't debunk FEMA camps, then when his show aired later that day, he completely retracted his previous statements? Then, about a month later, he finally gets around to talking about the camps, and the editor of Popular Mechanics graces his show so they can both sit there linking Conspiracy Theorists to the militia movement just days after a suspected conspiracy theorist and follower of the militia movement supposedly guns down three cops.
It amounts to saying "If you believe in FEMA camps, your just like Timothy McVey and Richard Poplawski." Its a double wammy. The older folks remember the Ohklohoma City Bombing Perfectly, while the younger folks know all about the Pittsburgh police shootings.

It's hard to express what I'm thinking in writing, but I hope you can glean my general idea from this gramatically incorrect pos. ;D

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

Sure! I make that point in the first paragraph!

IRM

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

Dude, they already do. I am 100% sure of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I though the guy was Asian and Stormfront is only for whites. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

No, he was a caucasian in his early twenties. But I haven't seen any evidence for the alleged stormfront connection, just a bunch of lefty bloggs make accusations.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
What is really funny is that there has been several threads pertaining to weather or not violence is needed. I myself, as one of the more active and outspoken people when it comes to revolution, DO NOT condone wanton violence. I have expressly stated that violence souldne't occur unless it is done upon you. This would defeat any good part of our cause. HE DOES NOT represent conspiracy theorists. For that matter he DOES NOT represent the revolution movement.

That is precisely why Martin Luther King Jr. was so adamant that all protests were to be NON-violent. He knew that a violent protest would just make the protesters look like mindless animals who deserve what they get, and would therefore destroy all credibility for his cause. It's the same with any other type of protest. Violence just destroys any credibility you might have. That's why I believe that most riots are artificially incited by some intelligence group - either the CIA, MI6, or some other intelligence agency who has a vested interest in taking away any liability the protesters might have.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join