It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh shooter was fan of online conspiracy theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Let me clarify: not all conspiracy theorists are nutjobs. There are quite a few cowards amongst the CT community and thus these guys will only talk a big game, but never play it.

My point is, however, that it is foolish to think that conspiracy theorists do not take these theories seriously. They obviously do. A few posts ago, somebody said the government would like nothing more than to take away our guns. He/she said it without providing a single bit of evidence to back it up. In other words, they desire such an outcome because it gives them meaning. The mere fact they would make such an allegation without backing it up with evidence shows how powerful of a reach conspiracy theories have.

No, not all conspiracy theorists are nutjobs. They don't need to be. All it took was a single man and a building came down, along with the lives of hundreds of people.

How many more will die before you realize there is no New World Order? There is no "homosexual agenda?" There is no "threat to sovereignty?" Our rights have not been violated?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Oh yeah of course, I definetly agree that ATS is probably already being monitored. I just don't want them to start adding harsh restrictions (Like you said in your post) on sites like ATS and use articles such as the one posted as an excuse for adding these restraints.

Unfortunately, he is a member of ATS. Damn...
But I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Raist

It's not my guilt it's the guilt placed upon the community that might actually cause government intervention of internet sites like this.

That's not guilt, that's scapegoating. For them to place guilt upon us, we would have to be guilty. :-)

And that's semantics

The status quo has become guilty until proven innocent.

And RCW if you had read my earlier posts you'd know that I haven't done that. I have friends in the LVMPD and many in RPD, I wouldn't want to see them get hurt. That said, I enjoy the heated debates, and if anything happened to you we'd miss out on good contributer, and a source of knowledge from the Law Enforcement perspective that is rare on sites like this.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Forget WW3
Next war will be on internet.
War on Internet conspiracy sites.
The cabal will shut down ATS.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Yes, I think they would like to throw us all together and consider us a bunch of ant-government nuts. We know things here that arent to be public Knowledge.

If they could stop it they would. I also don’t appreciate being grouped together with psychopaths and murders.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

I worry about that too. Closing or regulating the Internet.

I wondered what would happen when SHTF? They wouldnt want us to gather or make plans against them.

They wouldnt allow it. Just think if they shut it down during a crisis. We couldnt jump on here to discuss global problems. Exactly what they would prevent.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Many of you are ALWAYS ready to hate ALL pigs, hate ALL nazi's, hate ALL cops, claim we are ALL murders, we are ALL corrupt, we are ALL "bad" for society.......when it's just NOT true....but now that you guys are lumped in the same way and looked at in the same way...OH NO...NO NO NO...hang on...now there is an issue.
So which "pigs" (as "YOU" say) are the good ones and which are the bad. Are there certain "Nazis" (as YOU say) that we should tolerate. I was under the impression that Nazism was severely frowned upon, or are the hard core CT's telling the truth?

I don't know what force you serve on (nor would I ask you to divulge anything so personal) but where I'm from I've personally witnessed a great deal of corrupt and brutal acts by the CPD. On the flip side I've seen the good ones too.

It seems to be that the real issue is that too often you cast your lot with your fellow officers simply because they wear a badge. Rest assured a badge is no surefire measure of righteousness friend. That's where the lines get crossed in my estimation. Nobody says that all Cops are bad (at least not where I'm concerned) but it's the police officers unwillingness to stand up for justice when their fellow officers are in the wrong or flat out breaking the law that fuels these flames.

If you turn a blind eye to such things then you are just as bad and guilty as the officers that do it. I know it sounds high and mighty, and I respect the job; but I'm sure that not a single citizen came a knocking on any officers door asking them to take the job. If they can't do it with honor then there comes a time to turn the badge in, and for other cops to allow it to continue creates the animus felt towards them as they are duty bound to stop it.

I just had to make that point to you seeing as how you were getting a bit high on the horse there.

As for this guy in PA. he is probably going to be used as a tool for the gun grabbers agenda.

It does strike me as odd that they make sure to list Glen Beck with all the CT sites. I understand the Alex Jones thing, just not Glen Beck????
Sounds like they want to start a crusade against the CT media outlets and they just lumped Beck in there for safe measure. Notice how they made sure to put the White supremacist site in there in order to arouse that little suspicion in us all, yet they didn't lead with it as though that could be the real issue in stead of the CT sites that he was on.

Food for thought.

My condolences to the families of the fallen officers, may the LORD grant them peace and comfort in this time of sorrow.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just another reason deluded websites such as this should be shut down.

EDIT: This was a joke by the way.
All groups have nuts, though, I do wonder if he was registered here.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Horribly sad for the police officers who were killed, and their families.
Upsetting for CTer's as well. Been so many of these lately, it's hard to keep track!

I just wonder if there would've been another way for mom to evict junior?

I won't defend lil' Richard, at all, I'm only thinking that mother didn't know best in this case. Certainly, she must have been aware of his 'basement bunker' and his growing paranoid beliefs, and there must have been lots of tension leading up to the blow-up over bow-wow urinating on the rug.

Mom must have been at her wits-end over other things besides just the dog. Was Richard a free-loader? Sounds like he was stuck on himself, going to the gym, posting positive things about himself, yet negative things about others, when perhaps his time could have been better spent helping his mom out?

One possibly theory of her growing disdain for her own son, to be upset enough to want the police for help with her little tyrant. Because a mother doesn't suddenly call 911 due to a fight over the pet!

His entire lifestyle obviously displeased her. I see nothing but a shameful, disrespectful, ungrateful treatment of one's own mother, leading up to this tragedy.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
About 1/3 of Americans believe in some brand of conspiracy theory around 9/11
Probably 1/2 or more for JFK
Almost everyone I've ever spoken to thinks Obama would take away guns in a second if he could get away with it.

Maybe conspiracy theorists are a little more unstable than the average bear, but really, the articles making a meal of this are just doing it because of a bias, and some of them due to their need to attack anything seen as right wing.

It smells a bit to me like a smear based on a logical fallacy, "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"

* A occurred, then B occurred.
* Therefore, A caused B.

He was into Conspiracy theories, then he killed people
Therefore Conspiracy theories caused him to kill people.

Faulty reasoning.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

How many more will die before you realize there is no New World Order? There is no "homosexual agenda?" There is no "threat to sovereignty?" Our rights have not been violated?

CONSPIRACY-any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

So, lets get one thing straight. If it's not an act of GOD, it's a conspiracy by definition. Otherwise it would have to be done by one person alone.

AGENDA-1.a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to
2.a list of matters to be taken up

I don't think that I even need to speak for this definition of "your" chosen words.

Not that I really care, but there is a Homosexual Lobby in this country and just like any other group they have their own "agenda." Refer to the definition for a clearer view of the meaning.

There is always a threat to sovereignty. Hence the need for a military and organizations like the Border patrol that is hamstrung and the CIA. With organizations like the world court trying to tell The Texas Supreme Court that they can't execute a Mexican national who raped and killed two minors. Yeah I think that there are entities that are threatening our sovereignty on a regular basis. You can chose to be blind if you like.

And yes, our rights have been violated time and again. I have a few choice words, THE PATRIOT ACTS 1 & 2. Nobody needs access to library records regardless of who the person is. Oh, yeah because terrorist read about what they are going to do before they do it....
Sure.

And even though I think that the worthless piece of crap should be hung, every American citizen is entitled to a trial by jury and a speedy trial at that. It's a guarantee in the Constitution, or is that something that we can do without too??? No citizen should ever sit for years without legal representation and no chance of a trail. By the way I'm talking about Jose Padilla, the Hispanic guy turned terrorist. A natural born American citizen.

This is where we are headed if people like you don't wise up. maybe it isn't happening on as massive a scale as some would believe but it is happening.

BTW, please use the "reply button" if you have something to say to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
dont mind rcjw,

he is a sympathizer of corrupt law enforcement and military.

he has a history of defending even the most guilty police, even the one's caught on tape clearly killing someone for no good reason, beating someone, etc. he has always been one to come up with oddball "explanations" as to why that incident occurred and how the officer is not necessarily so bad for blowing the innocent guys brains out, or locking the poor woman away for no good reason, etc.

im not trying to bash him, im beyond that point, im just stating a fact. he knows its true, he openly says the same thing. he just wrote what basicly means not all Nazi's are bad, and not all "Pigs" are bad. Last I checked, Pig was a word for a BAD COP, a corrupt one, not a normal police officer. Thus the derogatory name. I would never call a decent cop a pig, its disrespectful.

But apparently, not all "pigs" are bad now. great. but anyways.

I don't defend what the kid did, he was obviously mentally ill to an extent, was delusionally paranoid well beyond the fringe point. The fact that had had the AK-47 ready to go and shot the first two cops who walked into the front doorway is indication that he didnt hesitate at all. I dont care how crazy you are, deranged, you don't confidently blast away two random cops like that. To be honest the idiot shouldve cleaned up the dog piss, he'd be a free man and there'd be 3 more police officers on the street. But his psycho mom *I mean who lets their kid turn their house into a weapons cache/bunker, and then calls the cops over a dog piss argument?* It's like GEE, everything was cool with your vast arsenal of weaponry my son, but this has gone too far, clean the piss or im calling the cops.

My point is, even if *I* owned a rifle and was in a situation where I knew LEGIT that my rights were being violated and yada yada, I'd maybe defend myself, but realisticly, most people crumble when the cops roll in, because theres multiples of them, and what can you do against that? Plus the notion of going to prison forever, lethal injection, or dieing in a gunfight all rush to your head as you ask yourself DO I REALLY WANNA DO THIS THING? And 99% would back down and let the officers have their way. That 1% .. to which this kid belongs... well what can I say, they are some crazy MFers. Coldly efficient too. Had the vest, marine training, acted like the thing was a legit combat encounter in a warzone from the read of it.

I'm disappointed he didn't go down fighting. What a puss, he let them come in just because he got hit in the leg, despite knowing he had already fatally shot a number of cops. He has a vest on to protect vitals, what, he didnt expect an leg wound? You dont stop in a combat zone at war over a leg wound, you keep going and keep yourself alive. You dont give up to the enemy, and you dont stop fighting. This guy stop fighting who HE perceived to be the enemy after killing a number of them simply after receiving a leg wound. That is .. WEIRD. You'd think he would've fought until he was killed, or even killed himself, thats how these things typically end right. I guess the leg wound stung a little, I wonder what kind of police bullet/gun it was, to give up just like that. My point? If you're going to intentionally blow away a number of cops, you should be prepared to die or run for your life. You simply do not give up from a leg wound. The kid is nuts ...

[edit on 4/6/2009 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Of course conspiracy theorists take take these theories seriously, why else would they be on sites like this exchanging ideas and information, researching, and debating these theories.

However it is not these theories that cause people like this man to go on a killing spree, it is his unstable mind. Someone like that is just like a time bomb, slowly ticking, waiting to explode. Who will ever really know what set him off, one too many fights with mom, the economic collapse, the list goes on and on, i doubt is is ever only one thing that causes this kind of behavior. All it ever takes is a single man, but that does not mean that everyone else should have to stop voicing their opinions (give up their first amendment rights) because someone that may hear, or read what they have to say could be the next "nutjob".

As far as the post that you refer to where the poster said that the government would like nothing more than to take away our guns without giving any evidence to back it up. Perhaps he didn't supply the evidence because that's not what this thread is about, and to start a debate about it would have derailed the thread, or perhaps because he was not debating about it, but was merely saying that he agreed with that particular viewpoint.

And will it take our rights to be completely taken away for you to realize that they have been violated ? To violate our rights does not mean that they have been taken away totally, but that they have been disregarded, infringed upon, overlooked, ignored, etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I'm disappointed he didn't go down fighting. What a puss, he let them come in just because he got hit in the leg, despite knowing he had already fatally shot a number of cops. He has a vest on to protect vitals, what, he didnt expect an leg wound? You dont stop in a combat zone at war over a leg wound, you keep going and keep yourself alive. You dont give up to the enemy, and you dont stop fighting. This guy stop fighting who HE perceived to be the enemy after killing a number of them simply after receiving a leg wound. That is .. WEIRD. You'd think he would've fought until he was killed, or even killed himself, thats how these things typically end right. I guess the leg wound stung a little, I wonder what kind of police bullet/gun it was, to give up just like that. My point? If you're going to intentionally blow away a number of cops, you should be prepared to die or run for your life. You simply do not give up from a leg wound. The kid is nuts ...

If you value your life wouldn't you take the chance that your enemy will take you as a PoW and that hopefully someday you'll be released? Killing one or two more people wouldn't change the outcome of a war, why not take the chance of surviving?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Leto]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

This guy stop fighting who HE perceived to be the enemy after killing a number of them simply after receiving a leg wound. That is .. WEIRD. You'd think he would've fought until he was killed, or even killed himself, thats how these things typically end right. I guess the leg wound stung a little, I wonder what kind of police bullet/gun it was, to give up just like that. My point? If you're going to intentionally blow away a number of cops, you should be prepared to die or run for your life. You simply do not give up from a leg wound. The kid is nuts ...

I also thought it wierd that he gave up like that, especially since he was calling people and saying he was gonna die today, most of these cases end up being suicide by cop things.

I wonder is he was just going for the fame, thinking he may get a book deal or something out of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
WHo knows? Maybe he's going to go to jail for a while so he can write his Mein Kampf.

I think what is so interesting is how a LOT of people - MOST people i've spoken to - are getting the two incidents all confused. They think it was the 'conspiracy nut' who killed the folks at the immigrant center.

Now why is that? It reminds me of how everyone thought S. Hussain bombed the WTC.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I think more likely he was one of them. black ops.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Yeah? Online conspiracies eh? Well, i'll tell you..what next eh?

Next they'l be saying that they also breathed air, ate food and took a crap every now and then!

Bet they also went to school, watched TV, drove a vehicle, talked to people and did just about every other thing we all do every day.

The only real truth is, for every 1000 people who like to while away an hour or two on web boards like this one, there may be one nutcase who's touched in the head and goes berzerk. What about the 999 others who don't? What possible difference does it make if he/she spent time here, or was fixated by Scooby Do videos? If he/she are nutters, they are nutters.

Don't blame Cons boards, blame his teachers and peers, his parents, his employers and co-workers for not picking up on the fact that this person was unstable.

Blame lack of proper mental care. Blame care in the community.

But don't blame things that millions of other people use everyday, and do not become murderers. It's illogical.

spikey.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by spikey]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Expect more of this as the wheel finally turns into its major stage. Expect random shootings which will be fuel for the burning gun debate and EXTREME Conspiracy theorist' will be to blame. Smoke and mirrors my friends smoke and mirrors is all it is. This man was a product of the society that we allow and seem to approve of! The problem is NOT that he was a so called Extreme Conspiracy Theorist it IS because the system is a mess and he was afraid of his future-there is nothing worse than a person that does not care and has given up all hope.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

There is a fine line between people who question authority and some of the complete freaks on this site that believe in an all out conspiracy theory. I was have been completely set back lately by Bill's actions on UFO Hunters. When he is question he can look straight at people on the show and say stuff like, you want proof. The fact that the government denies it is proof, or yes there are aliens, look back at the crash at Roswell, that is plenty of proof. Then recently there was the episode of the alien/human base in a mountain. To him it was absolute proof it was there because people had seen it. That man needs no proof, he is so consumed in his own conspiracy that facts mean nothing anymore. We have to always remember we may love the ideal of Aliens coming to help us but without solid tangible proof, something you can touch, it is still just a theory. We need to show the world we are not like this man, that we still believe in the scientific approach's to aliens, conspiracies and like matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join