It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do u like dance music?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah but Alig's scene started way earlier. I'm ten years younger than you so regardless I still look at your generation, X I believe as the initiators of modern dance music. I got into it in '99 so I missed a pretty hefty chunk of the beginning phase, the older kids always encouraged me to go party even though I was 14 but by the time I got in, the RAVE Act was coming about and the music was changing drastically away from what I actually liked. They started to spin more house and crappy hardcore. And ecstasy fell off. By the time I truely got in, ecstasy was nowhere and everyone was burned off so we got into some of the darker #.

All in all I missed the brighter days when the scene was blossoming. Now I would say it's filling out into the different genres and it's becomming a washed out corporate mess. Ah well, there are still a few diamonds in the rough and some great parties to go to at the club, even if you can't go to a good ol' fashion rave without the 5-0 rolling up to shut the power off.

About your style, I have a 30 year old friend who used to be into that stuff. He was the one who brought the drugs to my tiny island and got everyone into it. Now he's a pizza delivery guy who moonlights as a tribal house DJ, far from drug free. You wre lucky man, Pfizer? Jesus Christ.

*EDIT: By ecstasy falling off I meant it was becomming fake! People were grinding it out like candy and everybody and their mother wa eating it. Nowadays I can get really quality pill but only like 1000 at a time lol. What the hell am I going to do with that??

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
About your style, I have a 30 year old friend who used to be into that stuff. He was the one who brought the drugs to my tiny island and got everyone into it. Now he's a pizza delivery guy who moonlights as a tribal house DJ, far from drug free. You wre lucky man, Pfizer? Jesus Christ.

I have a weird sort of luck about jobs; the one before Pfizer was working for the US Department of Commerce. My old club friends would not even notice me in a suit and tie these days. I am not bragging though as they are basically all administrator jobs (I just could not handle the stress of upper management jobs). I mean, I am messing around at this site all day so how hard can it be. As for the 'extras' of the club scene, I have been completely clean for about 4 years now. The older you get the more responsibilities you have and the more you have to lose. I miss it sometimes, but you can't let yourself get stuck in one thing forever.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its a real shame more peeps aint posted on this, i mean c'mon even my dad likes the odd hard house track and he 52!!

dont be shy bring it too this dance floor if u like the tunes!! (even if u hate to admit it)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My dad like's a good Sarah McLachlan Remix at the age of 59. He also tried to get into the atmospheric drum n bass thing to try and "relate" with his son. Bought some pretty phat CD's too. It didn't stick long, I think he's going to the Metallica concert this weekend in Calgary, Canada. You know you suck when 60 year olds are going to see your live show, even if it is in the corporate box and not the mosh pit.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sasha, ATB, Chaucer, Trance Allstars, Carl Cox, DJ Tiesto, Omar Santana, Sven Vath & Ferry Corsten...I'm a huge trance fan. I can pretty much listen to any dance as long as it's not by Bad Boy Bill.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
thats wot i like to see Preest a nice list of respectable djs i my self am a fan of all u listed but my fave has gotta be judge jules and his lil group (highgate) u seen any of em do there stuff live?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmartinez
thats wot i like to see Preest a nice list of respectable djs i my self am a fan of all u listed but my fave has gotta be judge jules and his lil group (highgate) u seen any of em do there stuff live?

Never seen Jules live but he's a damn good DJ. I enjoy alot of his #.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Preest,

Although your list included a number of artists who produce their own # as well as spin, how has the discussion digressed to propping up DJ's?

They play other peoples music. No credit is due.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Preest,

Although your list included a number of artists who produce their own # as well as spin, how has the discussion digressed to propping up DJ's?

They play other peoples music. No credit is due.
Stop being a snotty elitist. The topic of this thread was what dance musics you liked...I listed the DJ's I enjoyed instead of naming one paticular style.

Preest--->

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
Stop being a snotty elitist.
Preest--->

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Judge Jules is good, so is Ultra Beat, there's a few out there
Although not dance music i love Apocolyptica!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Wow, that was uncalled for.
All I'm saying is anyone and their momma can mix records. By crediting DJ's who do nothing but play what the people want to hear, you're stealing the thunder from the real artists who actually put in the work. That's why I'm an Aphex fan, even when he plays his # for the people he does what he wants, often getting booed off stage by people like you.
You seriously show your lack of knowledge on dance music and it's DJ importance. You're also being MAJORLY unrealistic when you insist anybody and their mother could mix records...mixing is an artform and it's not something everybody can do. Don't underestimate Dj'ing simply because you don't understand it.

I would also like to point out that I'm a fan of Aphex Twin and your comment on Rich being booed offstage by "people like me" was a purely asshole comment being that you don't know me. Grow up.

didn't really feel like being called a "snotty elitist," but it's cool. You don't know me and I'm sure you wouldn't have said it if you did. Judge on, brotha!
Judge on? How hypocritical...you insist that "I'm the kind of person who would boo Aphex off stage" without knowing who I am or what kind of person I am then you cry later on in the post about how wrong it is for you to be judged and how I don't "know you"? Interesting...and ironic.

Snotty elitist hypocrite.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Preest]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join