do u like dance music?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
im look in for anyone who likes dance music. we talkin any style eg trance, techno, hard house. just wanna know wot style and wot country u in?




posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm in the US (New York, to be more specific) and I LOVE dance music. I heart it a lot.

I like techno and trance best of all. I just love to listen to it and chill out. The pulse is just awesome.


LET'S GROOVE!

{STAY COOL)
-prophetmike



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I like some kinds of techno. I also like old school hip hop, break beats, that kind of thing you can breakdance to.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry not too keen on dance music infact i hardly listen to even hevy metal nowadays.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
psytrance, goa trance, some ambient....

no gay classical piano sounding techno



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
im just doin a lil study into wot the musical culture is of todays world if anyone wonderin. i myself am a big dance lover and i like anyfing from soft house to hardcore stuff. also dont mind chillin out to a bit of rap or the slower dance stuff



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I live in San Francisco and love dance music...it is the most free to dance to. Nothing like the sun rising in the desert while you are dancing to rave music! I've been to Burning Man twice and used to go to desert and mountain raves alot. My favorite is Trance, deep house, ambient with the exception of techno.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I actually am a big fan of the "gay classical piano sounding techno."



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I actually am a big fan of the "gay classical piano sounding techno."


Best way I could describe it.


I mostly like to Rock out with my [v] out



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I like some kinds of techno. I also like old school hip hop, break beats, that kind of thing you can breakdance to.




Same here.

I like Electro, some Jungle/Drum&Bass, Acid Jazz, etc.

Don't really like most Techno though.

And Ambient's cool for chillin' out no doubt.




1




[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Tamahu]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I actually am a big fan of the "gay classical piano sounding techno."


are you serious ! HAHAHA



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah. I'm serious. I like that #. Doesn't mean I'm gay or anything, I was just using that phrase, lol. But yeah, it's good #. That and any techno kinda stuff with girls singing. Ever heard of Happy Hardcore? That's some hot stuff too.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ah..i like drum & bass, jungle and all the deep bass stuff..hence my obsession with powerful speakers and such(even tho i cant afford any that i want).



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Yeah. I'm serious. I like that #. Doesn't mean I'm gay or anything, I was just using that phrase, lol. But yeah, it's good #. That and any techno kinda stuff with girls singing. Ever heard of Happy Hardcore? That's some hot stuff too.


Its just the name of it that cracked me up thats all!

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by drunk]



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I just say no to happy hardcore...

sorry, I just don't like some high pitch singing techno with overused beat...


right now i'm chilled back listening to aphex twin - heliosphan. Fixing to smoke a bowl and crash out.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Electro-synthpop, EBM, IDM, futurepop, cyber, new wave, etc. In my younger years I practically lived in the NYC underground dance scene, but these days I only have the time and energy to go out once every month or so.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's good to see ATS has a thriving d&b massiv. I listen to and spin nu school breaks, jump-up, tech & bass, darkstep, neurofunk, atmospheric; anything with some pitch black darkness, some grimey, gritty riddem and the intelligence. Amen. Oh yeah, I've also got a few Aphex CD's - Drukqs disk 2 is my favorite. That boy is a genius with the techy, intelligent experiments.

In my younger days it used to be all about the deep, dark progresive trance. Like Digweed style. I still listen to Sasha and Digweed mixes and have every single CD each one of them has ever put out. Nowadays it's the break/dub and everything I previously listed. My friends can't stand it, well I can't stand their Avril Levigne and #in' happy sunshine, corporate trance, like what Faisca listens to. Ah well, different strokes.

Jonna, did you ever chill with that guy who killed his best friend and drug dealer? He's really famous and almost invented the nyc underground with his clique of people who used to do the most #ed up #. God, what was his name? He was a transvestite dude.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by insite]



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Jonna, did you ever chill with that guy who killed his best friend and drug dealer? He's really famous and almost invented the nyc underground with his clique of people who used to do the most #ed up #. God, what was his name? He was a transvestite dude.


You mean Micheal Alig? By some strange occurance, I actually work with someone that use to club with him and that whole group at Limelight. I, myself, do not remember if I had ever met him, but back in those days I was lucky if I remembered how I got home. Ah, all those wild and crazy memories that I just can't seem to remember!



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You mean Micheal Alig? By some strange occurance, I actually work with someone that use to club with him and that whole group at Limelight. I, myself, do not remember if I had ever met him, but back in those days I was lucky if I remembered how I got home. Ah, all those wild and crazy memories that I just can't seem to remember!


Yeah Micheal Alig! I had a feeling his name was Micheal but forgot the last name so didn't bother with it. He's a pretty famous guy if you're in the scene so I figured you would know. Man, I would have loved to live during that time. Ya'll were the pioneers man, you should be proud of yourself. Just wait 'till you see what your grandkids are listening to and doing. You'll reminisce about how nobody was like that before your time.

80's early 90's.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Ya'll were the pioneers man, you should be proud of yourself. Just wait 'till you see what your grandkids are listening to and doing. You'll reminisce about how nobody was like that before your time.


Man, you talk like I'm fourty or something!
Only twenty nine. The whole incedent with Micheal happened in '96 I believe, so I may have well known him but I am horrible with names. I was never as extreme, appearence wise, as that crew. I went through my gothicpunk phase, but got sick of the arrogence of the whole goth elitism additude after a while and rebeled by going into my horrendously ugly hawian shirt phase (this one was funny because I was still wearing the goth make-up and vinyl pants). Then I went into my 'I only wear pajamas' phase which turned into my 'I wear pajamas with a costume tiger's tail hanging out the back' phase. I think that I was going for the 'I'm crazier then you' look. Then a bunch of other odd fashion phases including my 'I have malaria' phase (Don't ask!).

These days it's just too much effort for the crap clubs that are left standing after all this time. With were I live now both Philly and NYC are a hour and a half away so I have to resort to clubs in the Newark/Clifton/Lynhurst, NJ area. I still do dress up from time to time though; it is usually the military cyberpunk look as you can sort of tell from my avatar.

Oh well, that's enough of my reminiscing.






top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join