It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

I realize we aren't living in a movie.
However, do you live in London?

If so, I suggest you look out the window.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Do you realize after these roits are over NOTHING will change.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

While I understand your point, I think you underestimate the purpose of such an event.
It is not to satisfy a banker's lust for insurance fraud (hell, they have committed fraud on account of 1,000 times whatever anyone could possibly do to the RBS building itself), it is to send a symbolic message to the GOVERNMENT (not the bankers) that if stuff doesn't shape up, and quick, they will BURN the house of cards to the ground. If they don't do it now...

These protests let the Government know that the PEOPLE know where the corruption is being allowed to stem from... and if need be, they will tear it down.

Jay, I know your heart is in the right place, and I too wish protesting would succeed.
They have been doing G-20 protests for years now. Some of the towns have sections that get bashed up pretty bad when it comes to town. They really haven’t changed anything yet in doing them or scared anyone yet as far as not doing things because of the protests.

My point is a mob is just a mob is just a mob, up until the time it gets a real leader that gives it real direction to really accomplish something. Some one or some relatively small group has to be at the forefront at least in an inspirational way. Its why protest after protest they governments and their heads really don’t worry; a mob can be easily made to disperse, while a well led and disciplined group can’t.

Get a leader, who can unite the mob, you will have the powers that be shaking and trembling like leaves.

Burn up a few buildings, bust up a few lobbies, and all you have done is generated someone a nice big fat insurance check and the chance to remodel for free and likely earn a profit at it.

An effective leader would scare them a lot more than that would, it would scare them more than anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I suspect that some of the people like Jay here are actually corps, and they want to profit from both ends of the stick. Make real protest look bad, AND encourage people to try and attack the governments that are getting uppity in trying to regulate their domain.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I understand that these things have been happening for a long time now. But what has not happened in a long time now, is an economic meltdown in conjunction.
It is obvious at this point that Britain has taken steps in advance to stop this madness from spilling over. The CCTV camera shutdown and the legislation to stop people from filming police are two examples.

This is different.

Watch what happens tomorrow.

I'm off for the night, folks.

Be safe.

(but be vigilant)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

This morning I woke up to a video of some cheap thugs breaking windows and invading a Bank and putting innocent people at risk. It happened. I am right this moment looking at video's of violence on the evening news. What do think is going to be on the TV and the Internet tomorrow? Not the peaceful people who are genuine.

As I've often said, I support peaceful protest and I'm and old Hippie myself. It only takes a few bad apples to destroy an entire protests meaning. Vietnam could have been stopped sooner if not for the violent interlopers.

I admit most did not do wrong and even the Police were quite self-controlled.

Imagine the impact if a million took to the streets, violated no laws, destroyed no property and delivered their message. The whole world would listen. The powerful would quake in their shoes and kiss our butts. That is what I am saying and what I believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Vietnam could have been stopped even more quickly if the interlopers had been even MORE forceful.

Just sayin...
It is true.

PS... At least in the terms of America - THIS IS A GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE!!

Saying that protestors, no matter how rowdy they get, are wrong is BULLSH!T.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
news.uk.msn.com...

Or...

"What NOT to do if you don't want someone waiting outside for when you finish work to beat the living crap out of you"

Sickening...

Very classy thing to do when you have a line of police between you and the protestors,freaking cowards
I don't care for politics and protests,but reading this made ME want to go down to London and start throwing people out of office windows..

Watch this space.. it'll kick off with a$%^&* like these to inflame the situation.

Its amazing how bold people become when they are protected by the police. I personally think the protestors aren't doing enough. I saw a few get beat downs, but the most are there to meet girls or some other reason. I believe London burning would be a good start. Fire works wonders on bringing light to the darkness.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by 31337]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I was saying exactly the same as you are a week or so ago when all these college kids were talking large about starting fires and fighting cops. Some agreed with me but some spouted the same drivel about force and violence. This is all they understand and they won't get the point until it's hammered into their thick skulls with a truncheon.

All we see on the MSM is footage of violence, breaking windows, setting fires the typical angsty anarchist actions. Most people are sheep and hardly know what the G20 is let alone why anyone should protest it. If I had gone only by the news, as many do, I would have had no idea there were even larger groups of peaceful protesters with a positive and legitimate message.

These kids have succeeded in showing only the ugly side to a population with a 30 second sound bite attention span.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Wow! That was well said!

Wait until more people are out of work, out of a home and on the street.

This is only the beginning if the domino effect keeps going we will ALL be doing more than protesting.

Even health care workers here in the states are losing jobs because so many less people have insurance from losing a job.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

PS... At least in the terms of America - THIS IS A GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE!!

What color is the sky in your little world? The UK is the great experiment in police stateness, the one Europe and our "leaders" here in the US are starting to follow.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by AGENT_T

The powerful would quake in their shoes and kiss our butts. That is what I am saying and what I believe.

They will only quake in there boots if they have there homes taken from them from us. They need a taste of the fact that this is OUR world and they are killing it with greed.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Remember the Live 8 / Make Poverty History marches? It concided with the G8 of 2005. I personally knew of someone who was offered a lot of money by a 'rich businessman' to intentionally incite violence and to create a negative atmosphere at one of the televised protests. I wished I had asked more about this at the time... anyway, I think it's these same people working behind the scenes here.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sorry to all but as a 'banker' by 'banker' I take it you all mean someone who runs a bank or by 'banker' you mean someone who simply works IN a bank , it's hard to tell these days.
As a 'bank clerk' - somone who works IN an bank and has NO impact in the financial state we are in I feel disgusted at the actions of 'city workers / bankers' who taunted the crowds and waved £10 notes.
I for one work in the Bank of England and was one of the few that looked out over the crowds, the people I was with DIDN'T taunt or jeer, we just took pictures.
Largely I AGREE with a lot of the statements the protesters were trying ot get across but feel that if they really wanted to vent their frustration out then go to the people that made the mess, The Politicians and Corporate leaders as well as the banking BOSSES.

NOT THE STAFF THAT HAPPEN TO WORK THERE.

[edit on 2/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Some of the people taunting the protesters were bank employees. If they had any sense at all they would just shut up and wait for them to go away. It is not a very intelligent thing to do to taunt a huge pissed off crowd of people ready to storm the castle.

Morons.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Pretty much my thoughts.
What's the point of antagonising the situation?

From earlier reports it mentioned that police and reporters outnumbered the protesters.
My guess is they felt well enough protected by the difference in numbers,too stupid to realise that the crowd would swell as the day progressed.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Gee,I fear the possibilies of civil unrest in the U.S.,like....what else are 700,000+,supposedly.... (03-2009).... unemployed people gonna do with their newfound freedom from the daily grind ?.

When everything you need to survive in this world is taken away,and you are not prepared to deal with it,like many are not,WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS ?.

When what you thought was reality only turns out to be fiction,what happens?.

When voting,and protesting don't change anything,and you don't even have the abitlity to feed your family,what happens?.

When a mass of people can agree on an action to force change,what happens?.

Stop buying what they are selling and they go out of business!.

Of course,most of the people in the U.S. really can't fathom such action would change anything.

They focus on the G20 violence to influence you to react in the same way,that is their domain of expertise.

Don't fall for it,you know what to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Stop buying what they are selling and they go out of business!

A mass economic boycott would have a far greater impact than violence on the streets. No one is forced to use anyone companies goods or services, banks included.

I dont like the way the banking system is run either, but instead of getting violent, I'll quietly move my finances away from the highstreet banks, and into a local credit union. It may incur a little inconvenience owing to lack of immediate access to funds, but its a start in the right direction, and know that I'm supporting local infrastructure

I also use local shops and markets whenever possible and keep my money circirculating in the community, rather than give it to retail corporations such as Tesco or Walmart-ASDA who I again disagree with their business practices.

But as the majority can't be bothered giving up that sense of immediate corporate-store convenience, so have driven the economic situation in the direction thats its now currently headed

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

This is what it really comes down to isn't it

The people who have money,greedy for more and flaunt their avarice at people struggling to make ends meet.

Chill out T, they're just sheep bleating at the circling pack of wolves from the safety of the pen

But I thought it was the average citizen who was a member of the sheeples while the wolves in control penned us and made us ignorantly complicit in their crimes against us?

What will come of all this. Who will care in 6 months what these weird freaks did.

Oh and I'm referring to the ones covered in blood, screaming obscenities at the police, while others of their ilk are stealing from shops and businesses around them.

Does anyone think that if there had been no police there, these people would not have resorted to base instinct of personal satisfaction; personal gain; self preservation? AS they are crowing negatively about of others?

All I can ascertain from this one event, of which I've not really seen a lot of because you see one mob of rent-a-crowd ferrals, you've seen them all, that is if the shtf, it wont only be the law I will be worried about...... it will be those that have no conscience or respect for others.

Here we have one hand enforcing a job they may or may not totally agree with, and the other willingly going to boots at the society we are all supposed to live in.

So as it has been before, so it will be again, and the cycle of stupidity will embrace itself with an even stronger resolve. Humanity will not evolve.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Originally posted by citizen smith

This is what it really comes down to isn't it

The people who have money,greedy for more and flaunt their avarice at people struggling to make ends meet.

Chill out T, they're just sheep bleating at the circling pack of wolves from the safety of the pen

But I thought it was the average citizen who was a member of the sheeples while the wolves in control penned us and made us ignorantly complicit in their crimes against us?

What will come of all this. Who will care in 6 months what these weird freaks did.

Oh and I'm referring to the ones covered in blood, screaming obscenities at the police, while others of their ilk are stealing from shops and businesses around them.

Does anyone think that if there had been no police there, these people would not have resorted to base instinct of personal satisfaction; personal gain; self preservation? AS they are crowing negatively about of others?

url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/5089870/G20-protests-Rioters-loot-RBS-as-demonstrations-turn-violent.html[/url]

do you mean like on saturday, when between 40 and 70 thousand people held a peaceful demo? What was the difference? Police tactics, that's what. On saturday, they let us march, the pllice didn't kettle us in, or block us off. And it was 100% peaceful. What changed yesterday was police and the way they handled it. if they had just stood back and let people protest peacefully, which iswhat they were doing. Instead of kettling people in, and holding them there for hours on end with no food and no water. Then the outcome would have been so very different. The climate camp was the fluffiest place on earth yeserday. There was grass areas with picnics, children playing and a really good vibe. Until the nazi scum police moved in and battered everyone there. Including women and children. They were sitting down and singing, the nazi scum moved in and changed it all. illegal stop and searches, illegally making people remove pictures and videos from their cameras. illegally using anti terror laws against the citizens of this country who care enough to get off their arses and try to make a difference.

The police are scum, and the protesters should be held as national heros for trying to liberate us from a dictatorship.

This morning, a mate of mines 16 year old sister was kicked in the head by nazi scum police, on a sit down protest. I hope and pray that there's more footage of this escpaing this brutality. There is some, and it's effing shocking to say the least.

want to see the nazi scum in action.
london.indymedia.org.uk... bosh.
That will make any decent human beings blood run cold.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join