It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The city workers were taunting with £10 pound notes, at the proper riots back in 99 they were £50's! Muppets.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Bankers taunt legal protesters and no action taken.

Any criticism, taunts etc of Muslim extremists protesting against absolutely anything is quickly repressed by the police.

Hypocrisy and double standards and clear evidence that the police in this country act upon orders from their political masters and are a political tool and not independant enforcers of the law.

On topic:

Direct action can work.
Unfortunately this situation seems to be being manipulated to highten peoples fears.
MSM shows images of rioting / violence etc and people get scared and actively seek for their own civil liberties to be taken away from themselves.
In addition, few people actually question WHY people are protesting in the first place and the protesters get further marginalised.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

Oh yes, I remember!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I saw the peaceful protest early in the day on the BBC and decided to get my bike and get on the train to join the climate camp to show my support. When I got there all road leading in were blocked by riot police although I could see no evidence of a riot. I was not allowed anywhere near the climate camp and was told that nobody was allowed out so I stood at the police line to see when and if anybody would be allowed in or out.
The police kept rushing the protesters forcing us further and further down the road even though we were just standing around. People were falling over because of the rush and others were falling into the pigs and getting hit with batons and shields because they couldn't get away fast enough. It made me sick. There were a small minority of protesters goading the police but they were easily identifiable by their masks and hooded tops. Hardly any of which were anywhere near the crowd I was in. I don't condone the violence done towards the police and property. One police officer who was forcing me and my bike into another guy in front of me was giving me the most evil stare. I said to him "Why are you looking at me like that? You are dying to kick off aren't you?" he replied "YES, I am!" Bullies. *EDIT Unfortunately you cannot see clearly the police officer trying to kill stare me or him in fact admit he was itching to kick off, you can hear me ask "why?" in response though.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
news.uk.msn.com...

Or...

"What NOT to do if you don't want someone waiting outside for when you finish work to beat the living crap out of you"

Sickening...

Very classy thing to do when you have a line of police between you and the protestors,freaking cowards.

I don't care for politics and protests,but reading this made ME want to go down to London and start throwing people out of office windows..

Watch this space.. it'll kick off with a$%^&* like these to inflame the situation.

Edit.. so mad I forgot link

EDIT AGAIN after MSN 'updated story'
www.breakingnews.ie...

City of London workers waved £10 notes at G20 protesters today as thousands descended on London’s financial heartland.

Bankers leaning out of office windows taunted demonstrators on the streets below, who responded with jeers and shouts.

Environmentalists, anarchists, anti-war protesters and workers hit by the financial crisis congregated on the Bank of England to demand action from world leaders.

Thanks to Daisy Lola for pointing out the change in time to find and take excerpt from story before it 'disappears' in disinfo.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

Good! They should taunt them - ghalf if not most of the peopel only go there for a punch-up - I saw THAT on the news this morning.

Quick, we're angry about what the Government is spending and what financial insitutions have been doing - lets destroy property, fight with and make them spend more.... because that will stop it.

I hope those small peopel hwo have been fighting fo rth e sake of it get (bogger) inferiority complexes from the taunts.

They are probably very poor from being lazy (nothing wrong with poor if it's circumstance, but in THIS day and age you owe it to yourself to make the post out of opportunities. Failure to do so makes you a sick individual.

Ha!!

[edit on 2/4/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by AGENT_T
news.uk.msn.com...

Or...

"What NOT to do if you don't want someone waiting outside for when you finish work to beat the living crap out of you"

Sickening...

Very classy thing to do when you have a line of police between you and the protestors,freaking cowards.

I don't care for politics and protests,but reading this made ME want to go down to London and start throwing people out of office windows..

Watch this space.. it'll kick off with a$%^&* like these to inflame the situation.

Edit.. so mad I forgot link

EDIT AGAIN after MSN 'updated story'
www.breakingnews.ie...

City of London workers waved £10 notes at G20 protesters today as thousands descended on London’s financial heartland.

Bankers leaning out of office windows taunted demonstrators on the streets below, who responded with jeers and shouts.

Environmentalists, anarchists, anti-war protesters and workers hit by the financial crisis congregated on the Bank of England to demand action from world leaders.

Thanks to Daisy Lola for pointing out the change in time to find and take excerpt from story before it 'disappears' in disinfo.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

Good! They should taunt them - ghalf if not most of the peopel only go there for a punch-up - I saw THAT on the news this morning.

Quick, we're angry about what the Government is spending and what financial insitutions have been doing - lets destroy property, fight with and make them spend more.... because that will stop it.

I hope those small peopel hwo have been fighting fo rth e sake of it get (bogger) inferiority complexes from the taunts.

They are probably very poor from being lazy (nothing wrong with poor if it's circumstance, but in THIS day and age you owe it to yourself to make the post out of opportunities. Failure to do so makes you a sick individual.

Ha!!

You saw half, if not most of the people go for a punch up on the news? What news station were you watching? I was there and I'm telling you it was a very small minority that were there to cause trouble. I was there with a lot of people that can't get jobs, not through laziness but because there are none available. I am a skilled welder and I have a HGV licence, my driving agency that supplied work has gone under and the biggest works near me for welders (Isle Of Grain Power Station) is NOT hiring UK workers. I hope you stand by your opinions when you fall on hard times matey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ha!!

Just as you obviously failed the opportunity to get an education and learn to spell or to even use spellcheck!

Gross generalisations like this disgust me and are representative of sick individuals.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Are you reading the Breaking News Ireland link?

It clearly states that:

"Bankers leaning out of office windows taunted demonstrators on the streets below, who responded with jeers and shouts."

Also, love the irony of you calling someone a retard.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

As i said to the last...er.... person (i'm trying to be civil) who mocked protesters and those who go out and voice concern and support for something they believe in....

YOU have obviously never been on the end of a truncheon or a beating by over zealous cops.... or those opposing you.

How can you mock or ridicule anyone who is trying to do something or making a stand?

It's better than sitting around bitching about how we'd like to change this and that on the internet, while never getting involved or actually doing anything about it.

Grow up and have some compassion man.

[edit on 2/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

you complete and utter cretin. Thenews have twisted it to look like the police done did good. You watch the climate camp footage, people with their hands in the air chanting "this is not a riot" getting beaten by the nazi scum police for NO REASON.
It's on film, bottom of the last page. A 16 year old girl on a sit down protest was umong people beaten up this morning by big brave nazi scum police.

These protesters are theones who will save you from the NWO. But you're quite happy to sit back on your perch behind the PC screen and add your ignorance to the propaganda circulated by the press.

Have you seen the videos with people dancing and singing? Was that on the news? No, not really news worth is it, good peopple doing nothing wrong.

Those nazi scum police will have alot to answer for this year. And YES. I will be going to fight them. It's all that's left. Other than for twats like you to condem it, without knowing a SINGLE thing about the actual situaltion. But you get all your news from the media, and the national rags with "no agenda" so it just MUST be all true.

you should be #ing ashamed.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
YES. I will be going to fight them. It's all that's left.

If thats what you believe, then fine, go get your brains battered, its not like you seem to be putting them to any other use...there are plenty of opportunities to make a change, but screaming threats at bankers, police, and anyone else you feel aggrieved at will solve nothing

Go ahead, knock yourself out, but not in my name thankyou

edit to add:

These protesters are theones who will save you from the NWO

We need a New World Order...as this current one is broken beyond repair

[edit on 2-4-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Ha!!

Right, here's a challenge...

Tell me what people are supposed to do when their government robs the poor to support the already rich.

Come on, you're so clever, tell me.

You won't because you have no response. None of you people proclaiming how terrible the "naughty anarchists" are can answer this.

The government is consistently NOT LISTENING to public opinion. It's supporting the wealthy elitists raping this society. Peaceful protest is nothing more than begging and pleading, and TPTB turn around and laugh amongst themselves at the little sheep begging for mercy.

I'm only surprised that the buildings where those people were taunting from the windows weren't torched.

Freakin' pussies in their towers, they should come down into the streets and justify their actions to the people of this country. They'll be forced to do it soon, and I hope they're lynched and strung up from lamp posts.

THEY are the f'ing scum of the Earth.

Mark my words, if the governments do not start listening to their people soon, and I mean within the next two years, there will be revolution in every corner of the world. Leaders will be dragged from their mansions and your precious banker scum will be hunted down.

They bring this all on themselves by completely failing to listen to their own people.

/rant

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

We need a New World Order...as this current one is broken beyond repair

i half agree with you, we need something to change as this isn't working. But the NWO they have in store for us is no resolution. It's just a glorified world police state. What's going on now in London, is just a taste of what is to come.

We marched peacefully on saturday, I love a peaceful protest. It was peaceful because the police did nothing to stop it. Yesterday kicked off because the police changed their tactics. If they stood back, there would be no trouble, and that young man would not be dead.

Oh, and eye witness reports are now starting to go against what the nazi scum police said about being bottled whilst trying to save him. Film footage will follow this, I have it on good authority that some was taken. Can't wait to see it, and to see those nazi scum police wriggle their way out of it. But as someone on another forum said .They don't break the law, they just make mistakes. (Stephen lawrence, Charles De Menzes)

I am on principle, agaisnt violent protests, but sometimes the nazi scum police give you no option other than to protect yourself. They batton charged a peaceful protest

I was held at the climate camp til midnight last night. When I arrived
at 6pm to celebrate the creative sight of a camp in london's grey
financial streets, the police
allowed me to walk straight into the camp with my bike. As the reports
have said, the atmosphere was very warm and positive; school children
and old time protesters sharing a space full of colour and music.
Within an hour of arriving, those same police, who had stepped back
and let me through, closed in around the camp and refused to let
anyone in or out. I then watched the police push forward into the
crowd with brutality that was not only shocking but utterly
unecessary. All the protesters put their hands in the air and sat down
collectively on the road. Yet as the crowd lowered I saw a young man
stagger back with his head split open, another boy with a broken nose,
a girl next to me had been kicked between the legs. People were badly
hurt and the atsmophere spun into a frightened panic. A friend of mine
from university who had come from Nottingham to join the camp just put
his head in his hands and cried. This was the scene, minutes after
people had been allowed to wander into the camp without any warning of
the planned police actions, or any chance to leave peacefully. As they
rolled in back up police and black armoured riot vans, and as the
police kicked and crushed people's bikes, the
protesters called out to them, and the onlooking bankers, up in their
ivory towers, 'This is not a riot!'. As their battons came down, Legal
Observors called out to people to take the police numbers of those who
had hurt protesters; on mass the line of police all covered up their
badges. It was a chilling show of a police unaccountable to their own
laws, and their own humanity. The police were indeed braced for
violence, but most of that young crowd of protesters were not.

Despite our repeated requests to be searched and allowed to leave the
space, we were held there for 6 hours with no access to water, food,
toilets or medical care. Proudly, throughout all this, not one person
in the crowd reacted with violence to any person or property. People
shared the little they had and held public meetings about the aims of
the G20 summit. There was little show of anger, but much unhappiness.
When finally we were herded out one by one at midnight, I felt cold to
the core, chilled by the unprovoked agression of those who I had been
brought up to trust. I am deeply ashamed of my state, when reasonable
and calm protesters are criminalised and provoked in such a manner.
Their use of section 14 on 800 campers was mindless, their violence
was a tragedy and their very presence, with armoured cars and
helicopters, a ridiculous waste of public money.
I am writing this today because I grew up in this city and treasure
the right to use this city space to speak out to our elected leaders
in a peaceful, creative way. There were no harmful intentions in that
climate camp, but the harm done by the police last night goes far
deeper that the physical wounds inflicted; it is in the chaos of
unnecessary state violence that fear is born and trust is lost.

this is a report from the guardian.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Ha!!

Just as you obviously failed the opportunity to get an education and learn to spell or to even use spellcheck!

Gross generalisations like this disgust me and are representative of sick individuals.

An oversight... and you're guilty of the generalisation you tie me to.

I had a great education. Paid for be myself in the form of excessive student debt, thank you.

IGNORANCE - YOU CANNOT TEACH IT. CLEARLY

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Judging by the poor grammar, spelling mistakes and typo's in your post then you certainly didn't get value for money and you are not a great advert for our education system.
How standards must have lapsed!

You sir supplied the generalisation on which you are judged.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Ha!!

An oversight... and you're guilty of the generalisation you tie me to.

I had a great education. Paid for be myself in the form of excessive student debt, thank you.

IGNORANCE - YOU CANNOT TEACH IT. CLEARLY

No, it's mostly inbred...

What kind of family upbringing did you have, if you don't mind me asking?

So again, your solution is what exactly? I noticed you still hjaven't proposed a plan to prevent a government from becoming a dictatorship through peaceful means.
From what I see of your posts you think we should let our ELECTED LEADERS (supposedly) RULE us all without argument or dissent? You think they shouldn't have to answer to the people?
Well, if anything is not a democracy...

So we should all just work ourselves to the bone to pay for their million pound pensions and billion pound investments. We should make do with inadequate health care and inability to own a home, just so they can waste billions in fitting out their houses with antiques at our expense.

You, sir, couldn't have paid much for that education of yours. I paid very little for mine, and I'm already clearly smarter for seeing just how ridiculous your propositions are, and how weak your argument is.

You cannot disregard one method without proposing an adequate alternative to achieve the same goals.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
the NWO they have in store for us is no resolution. It's just a glorified world police state. What's going on now in London, is just a taste of what is to come.

Read through the history books of events such as the retreat of the Roman administration from Britain in the 3-4th century, The English civil war, the 1917 Russian revolution, the struggle for Indian independance..etc

At all of these times when the underlying social/political philosophy has changed from one form to another, such as from Monarchy to a Republic, or a nation granted independance from an empire etc, there has always been a period of anarchy, upheaval, and bloodshed before the status-quo is maintained and the new way of socio-political life blossoms

That is what we are on the verge of, and in the greater scheme of things is a storm about to break, and what will grow from that period of turmoil and bloodshed will be a brave new world

The change is inevitanle, its up to you if you choose to fight for the old way of life, or have faith that the new way will present untold opportunity

[edit]

I just wanted to add that I took part in the PollTax riots in my younger days, as I beleived that violent confrontation would solve the problem...but now I know that it didn't (and doesn't). What finally put an end to the Poll Tax was simply the refusal of the population to pay up, not charging Police lines and smashing up property

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
god you people make me sick to my stomach! sitting on a comfy chair in your house, saying it was the protestors faults, if you wernt there you cannot comment, i was and i can tell you there was a handfull of trouble makers

like i said before we tried to sit down but they moved forward and hit evrybody with battons, you people are so disgusting people dont choose to be poor and lazy? if thet did im sure they wouldnt have made their way to the protests in the first place!

last night couldnt of been solved peacefully, it was either be peacefull and get a whack with a bat or try and defend yourself and get hit with a bat

i hope to god you dont fall under hard times because clearly you dont live in this reality if you think everything is ok and things are getting better

the people at the protest were fighting for YOU they were shouting for YOU
they were getting hit for YOU

now tell me the leaders at the G20 protests have your best interests in mind?

easy to sit there and judge everybody, real easy

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Right, here's a challenge...

Tell me what people are supposed to do when their government robs the poor to support the already rich. Come on, you're so clever, tell me.

You won't because you have no response. None of you people proclaiming how terrible the "naughty anarchists" are can answer this.

I'm only surprised that the buildings where those people were taunting from the windows weren't torched.

Freakin' pussies in their towers, they should come down into the streets and justify their actions to the people of this country. They'll be forced to do it soon, and I hope they're lynched and strung up from lamp posts.

THEY are the f'ing scum of the Earth.

Mark my words, if the governments do not start listening to their people soon, and I mean within the next two years, there will be revolution in every corner of the world. Leaders will be dragged from their mansions and your precious banker scum will be hunted down.

They bring this all on themselves by completely failing to listen to their own people.

/rant

Firstly, you're very wrong, because I can answer you your question.

When there aren't people who go, by their own admission, down to London and 'protest' JUST for a fight - who AREN'T goaded by photographers lookign for a 'scoop' - I think you'll find that these people have, and will continue - to achieve nothing.

As for hoping they get lynched clearly means that you don't even know who to be angry at, or understand the reason why.

People are trashing banks because of their conduct, yet Government set the rules to which banks have been abiding!

You don't like Fred Goodwins pension? Tough $ hit! He did everything within the law, as set by the inept Government.

People all of a sudden have got a chip on their shoulder because they are at risk of losing their jobs or homes, or both.

However, I wonder how many oof these people WEREN'T the ones who signed up to half a dozen credit cards and store cards (because oft the introductory discount), 110% mortages et al. (hint - not many!)

If "the people" are so clever, they wouldn't have got into situiations they couldn't ultimately control - they would have seen this coming and they wouldn't now be struggling. Thus...

EVERYONE GOT LAZY OR GREEDY (IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER) WITH 'FREE CREDIT'. Because of that - EVERYONE WILL NOW PAY. Period.

I disagree with what Banks and Governments have been doing, but how dare people NOW GET MAD when they have left it to fester. Moral of the story is this - don't EVER leave it up to your Government to help or look after you when you have known ALL ALONG that banks and the likes are ONLY EVER - EVER - OUT TO MAKE MONEY!!!

Greed may be common, but hypocrasy is rife - Just look outside your window!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
The people at the protest were fighting for YOU they were shouting for YOU they were getting hit for YOU

From the BBC this Morning (I'm paraphrasing - but very, very slightly).

"I just showed up for the fight" said one "protester" to the cameras...

I also saw the press corps goading protesters to 'throw it' to one idiot with a flat-screen TV into a bank window.

Ergo - You're wrong, and very self-rightcheous.

I want no part of whatever these animals (you claim) are doing in MY name. No part. At all.

If I need to fight, I'll fight for myself, thanks if it's all the same with you

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join