It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Judging by the poor grammar, spelling mistakes and typo's in your post then you certainly didn't get value for money and you are not a great advert for our education system. How standards must have lapsed!

You sir supplied the generalisation on which you are judged.

Pot. Kettle. Black. And I explained the typos alerady

(A nitwit nit-picking is not a good thing)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
i hope to god you dont fall under hard times because clearly you dont live in this reality if you think everything is ok and things are getting better

the people at the protest were fighting for YOU they were shouting for YOU
they were getting hit for YOU

I've been through abject poverty and hard times and know the harsh reality all too well...I've been bankrupt, starving, and homeless, so I know only too well all the attendant effects that has on a person's life

In fact I quit a well paying job that I didn't believe in some time ago, and took a massive cut in income, gave up a consumer lifestyle, flat, everything. All to chase an opportunity to retrain and requalify as I have a dream of creating an ethical business that will eventually provide jobs and training

Go ahead and get your skull cracked, shout your throat sore, and wave banners... I'm busy sat at my desk in a comfy chair, granted, but I'm working hard on a business plan that will eventually be of benefit to myself and my local community

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

i hope to god you dont fall under hard times because clearly you dont live in this reality if you think everything is ok and things are getting better

the people at the protest were fighting for YOU they were shouting for YOU
they were getting hit for YOU

I've been through abject poverty and hard times and know the harsh reality all too well...I've been bankrupt, starving, and homeless, so I know only too well all the attendant effects that has on a person's life

In fact I quit a well paying job that I didn't believe in some time ago, and took a massive cut in income, gave up a consumer lifestyle, flat, everything. All to chase an opportunity to retrain and requalify as I have a dream of creating an ethical business that will eventually provide jobs and training

Go ahead and get your skull cracked, shout your throat sore, and wave banners... I'm busy sat at my desk in a comfy chair, granted, but I'm working hard on a business plan that will eventually be of benefit to myself and my local community

Sir , if you are being truthful here there aren't enough people like you.

I've been homeless, and so I know poverty - I don't get how people can show up somewhere, kick off and expect things to change.

People aren't fighting FOR anything anymore - they're fighting against an idea (one that they don't fully undeerstand "yeaaa, credit crunch, kick him, (snip) police pigs..yeaaa") - They're just angry!!!

THAT is the scariest thing.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Then you must not mind if people want no part in what the soldiers in Iraq are "fighting for"?

It's the same thing. They believe in an ideology different from yours, same as those in Iraq are fighting for an ideology different from mine. They just have a government to back them, while we're fighting against all governments.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond
Sir , if you are being truthful here

On my honour, that, truthfully, is a very brief nutshell of my life over the last 6 years

[edit on 2-4-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The most ridiculous thing about the protest was that most of the protesters were people who live on welfare, and have been on it long term (kinda like Chavs).... so the economic crisis is not really effecting them, they are still getting their weekly chav payments made up from the taxes of the middle class bankers they were abusing.

I guess the lazy bums just needed a day out. Half of them don’t understand what they were even protesting about.

Oh, and the cowards are the protesters who covered their faces.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

I beg to differ! It is very easy to make hasty generalizations where no census is present, but I highly doubt that all or most of these people are on "Welfare" as you describe it. A good many may be on assistance as a result of present economic conditions. But I will bet a good many of them had respectable jobs recently.

No, friend, this is where we are headed. In the US, there will be over 300 tea parties on April 15th to protest the banks, the politicians and the bail-outs. The vast majority of attendees will be FORMER middle-class workers who are good and pissed about where things are headed.

It is dangerous to make the assumptions that you are making without seeing the bigger picture.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

They are probably very poor from being lazy (nothing wrong with poor if it's circumstance, but in THIS day and age you owe it to yourself to make the post out of opportunities. Failure to do so makes you a sick individual.

I had a great education. Paid for be myself in the form of excessive student debt, thank you.

I CHOOSE not to spend all my waking hours working for riches,saving,gold,shares etc.
I CHOOSE to share my knowledge,facilities and free time with others for no cost.
I CHOOSE to work free,when the situation allows.

Now tell me,does this mean I'm a sick individual?..because I don't believe in capitalism?

Am I not bettering myself in doing this?
Maybe I'll never be 'rich' in actual currency,sure.
But I've seen more countries,places and cultures than the majority of people..

So that makes me FEEL rich.

I'm angry at the system,crooked politicians and bankers.
I'm angry at pro-discrimination and social inequalities too.
I'm angry at rising medical and health costs,whilst the waiting lists are also rising.
I'm angry at the deliberate provocateurs on both side of the demonstrations.

I'm certainly too intelligent to be angry at your rather poor attempt at trolling.
You only served to make yourself look ridiculous

I'd also demand a refund for your education fees as you were clearly ripped off.
Trust us,it is NOT a great one.

EDIT to add speech..(to be read whilst playing the tune of 'Land of hope and glory' for the full effect)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The people at the protest were fighting for YOU they were shouting for YOU they were getting hit for YOU

From the BBC this Morning (I'm paraphrasing - but very, very slightly).

"I just showed up for the fight" said one "protester" to the cameras...

I also saw the press corps goading protesters to 'throw it' to one idiot with a flat-screen TV into a bank window.

Ergo - You're wrong, and very self-rightcheous.

I want no part of whatever these animals (you claim) are doing in MY name. No part. At all.

If I need to fight, I'll fight for myself, thanks if it's all the same with you
so you take 1 quote, from 1 protester, from 1 biased news source

and then you decide to lump everyon together. Wow, that's very intelligent of you. Way to deny ignorace.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

The majority of the people there were people who are pissed at the system, people who've lost their jobs due to the current climate.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

He's a troll, ignore him.

The vast majority of people there are people from Britain (do they have welfare?) Scotland, Ireland, and the like. He's probably never met someone who has ever protested, so he doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

that's plain to see, thanks

Oh look here, lots of nasty violent people sitting down in a very menacing way, just before the beloved protectors of the peace wade in and start needlessly attacking them. How very brave of them.

NAZI POLIS SCUM

News just in, the man who died has been named as Ian Tomlinson aged 47. Who wasn't even on the protest, but got barged in to the kettling from the nazi scum police and wasn't let out. MURDERING NAZI SCUM

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

in response to you, about these G20 'protests'...

I will not, ever, lend my name in principle, or permission as a result, as is my God given right (if you believe in God), to the louts who pretend they are standing for a cause - when all they do is fight with police and cheapen the cause and the peoples efforts they claim to be acting for.

Now just WHAT - is your problem with that exactly??? I have a right to say 'not in my name'. Don't claim I do or should not!

As for Iraq. I don't necessarily agree with the Iraq war - but I don't want twenty potential dictators cropping up. One (Saddam) though an evil tyrant, was manageable. Our current situation is not.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
The most ridiculous thing about the protest was that most of the protesters were people who live on welfare, and have been on it long term (kinda like Chavs).... so the economic crisis is not really effecting them, they are still getting their weekly chav payments made up from the taxes of the middle class bankers they were abusing.

I guess the lazy bums just needed a day out. Half of them don’t understand what they were even protesting about.

Oh, and the cowards are the protesters who covered their faces.

Mikey

Hear, here!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

News just in, the man who died has been named as Ian Tomlinson aged 47. Who wasn't even on the protest, but got barged in to the kettling from the nazi scum police and wasn't let out. MURDERING NAZI SCUM

This is the point I was trying to make. The police were herding the crowds (made up of protestors, general public trying to make thier way through the city and office workers) further and further down the streets for no reason. In one of my videos you can see a massive clear space of road between one line of riot police and another. Once everyone was settled they would do it again without warning. People who were not quick enough to move were trampled on and (if unlucky enough to fall towards the police) hit with batons. I saw countless innocent people injured. Why were they herding people like this? They should be ashamed.

Edit to welcome the last poster to my ignore list. Ignorance does sometimes have advantages.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Obviously you missed the connection I was making between protesters and the soldiers in Iraq. If you're going to ignore my point, I'm going to ignore you.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505

Originally posted by Acidtastic

This is the point I was trying to make. The police were herding the crowds (made up of protestors, general public trying to make thier way through the city and office workers) further and further down the streets for no reason. In one of my videos you can see a massive clear space of road between one line of riot police and another. Once everyone was settled they would do it again without warning. People who were not quick enough to move were trampled on and (if unlucky enough to fall towards the police) hit with batons. I saw countless innocent people injured. Why were they herding people like this? They should be ashamed.

Edit to welcome the last poster to my ignore list. Ignorance does sometimes have advantages.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by RE2505]
dude, I'm for the protestors!!

but then, if you're going to ignore me for an opinion, then it's probably for the best, incase i actually have to say something to you in rebuttle, you'd probably die of shock if that made you put me on ignore

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join