It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
news.uk.msn.com...

Or...

"What NOT to do if you don't want someone waiting outside for when you finish work to beat the living crap out of you"

Sickening...

Very classy thing to do when you have a line of police between you and the protestors,freaking cowards.

I don't care for politics and protests,but reading this made ME want to go down to London and start throwing people out of office windows..

Watch this space.. it'll kick off with a$%^&* like these to inflame the situation.

Edit.. so mad I forgot link

EDIT AGAIN after MSN 'updated story'
www.breakingnews.ie...

City of London workers waved £10 notes at G20 protesters today as thousands descended on London’s financial heartland.

Bankers leaning out of office windows taunted demonstrators on the streets below, who responded with jeers and shouts.

Environmentalists, anarchists, anti-war protesters and workers hit by the financial crisis congregated on the Bank of England to demand action from world leaders.

Thanks to Daisy Lola for pointing out the change in time to find and take excerpt from story before it 'disappears' in disinfo.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
and they'll be the same people who start crying when the protestors eventually kick off and break stuff.

Swines..

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm against police brutality, but on this occasion i'd have been fine with them running upstairs to these city workers, giving them a good kicking, and arresting them for inciting violence.

Idiots.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is what it really comes down to isn't it

The people who have money,greedy for more and flaunt their avarice at people struggling to make ends meet.

Yet these creeps will STILL be laughing if the protesters end up getting them some benefits through their actions.

I hope if it does kick off they will get charged with incitement to riot.
Then we'll see who laughs.

A kicking AND arrested for their troubles

I'm going to have to walk away from the news because I'm just getting angrier.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

City workers waved £10 notes at G20 protesters as thousands descended on London's financial heartland.
Bankers leaning out of office windows taunted demonstrators on the streets below, who responded with jeers and shouts.

So it was BANKERS and FINANCE INDUSTRY workers who were taunting the protesters??
I find the title CITY WORKERS a bit misleading.
Makes these Judas' sound more Joe Average than they actually are.
Balls to the Bankers......that sign made me laugh.

Good on them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
This is what it really comes down to isn't it

The people who have money,greedy for more and flaunt their avarice at people struggling to make ends meet.

Chill out T, they're just sheep bleating at the circling pack of wolves from the safety of the pen

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yeah,sorry. I just posted the news title.
REAL workers wouldn't stoop so low.

These crooks just shuffle around other people's hard earned and pass it off as 'work'

I wouldn't print into words what I'd like to see happen to these parasitic pigs..

How long is it going to take before someone finds an open emergency exit I wonder.

reply to post by citizen smith

Sorry ...I know...... deep breath time,this isn't me.
It's just I've 'spent time' with people like this and what we're seeing here is exactly how they behave socially..
Elitist attitudes,corruption,disregard for 'real-life' people..

Methinks it's time to go for a bike ride to get rid of the excess testosterone and adrenaline..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sorry Agent_T if you thought that was at you.
These news agencys really manipulate the news even with small things like Headline titles. Talk about spin.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

No, no problem at all..

It was probably best that I just left the title as it was.. as what I wanted to write would have meant the end of AGENT_T at ATS..

This is why I don't post in breaking news etc.. my opinions/editorials wouldn't be suitable for the NEWS thread..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They've altered the story and removed the office taunters link.

Surprisingly, the protesters have now gone into the bank and smashed it up

I'm going to quote the full story 'so far' in case they change it further:

Bank vandalised in G20 protests

A violent mob has targeted a Royal Bank of Scotland building in the City of London as the G20 protests spiralled into violence. Windows were smashed and a group of demonstrators - their faces covered by bandanas - entered the building near the Bank of England. Around the branch, which is believed to be empty, hundreds of demonstrators charged police lines as officers hit back with baton charges. A group of 4,000 were penned in by officers who cordoned off surrounding streets amid what Scotland Yard called "increasing levels of violence". At least one officer was injured as RBS became a flashpoint for what had been peaceful protests. A printer and other office equipment was thrown out of the window and graffiti daubed on the side of the building. Hundreds of protesters cheered as a blue office chair was used to smash one of the blacked-out branch windows. At around 2pm a line of police - backed up by a line of mounted officers - began to slowly attempt to move protesters back down Bartholomew Lane and into Threadneedle Street. Demonstrators continued to hurl missiles at broken windows at the RBS and attempted to break down a door. Police in riot gear could be seen inside the building, filming the demonstrators. One protester with a megaphone yelled: "Push the police back. These are our streets."

MSN

[edit on 1/4/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

their faces covered by bandanas

Thats a bit worrying. Provocateurs are known to hide their faces.
Probably off duty cops.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Thanks for pointing out the Change in story.

My fault for linking direct to MSN's changing News headlines.
I added another link.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

But they won't. It's never the people in power who are inciting violence, just the people whose faces they are stomping.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

City of London workers waved £10 notes at G20 protesters today as thousands descended on London’s financial heartland.

you can tell there's a recession on.

2001 Mayday they were waving 50s

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

As the lines of protesters walked peacefully towards the Bank of England, City workers were seen waving £10 notes at them from office windows above.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

I posted this as another source.
Note they mention the protesters were PEACEFUL before they waved their wads around.
This from what appears to be a somewhat 'pro-capitalist' viewpoint

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
G20 protesters have started a fire near the Bank of England in the City of London.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not sure if it was posted here and unfortunately don't have a source link or image but they also held a sign out of the windows reading:

"WHILE YOU'RE HERE PROTESTING, WE'RE REPOSSESSING YOUR HOUSE!"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Payback comes in many forms.
Let's wish a nasty one on lowlifes like these.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
confava.com...

Obama managed to offend thousands of people at the G20 Summit by attempting a joke that didn't go over well. Thousands of protesters have been detained and Obama himself was physically attacked.

The riots broke out after Obama made a comment during his speech about the Queen and tried to give her an iPod, but no one seemed to laugh. While some people in the room were genuinely offended, others took advantage of the mood to jump on Obama in the name of the Queen.

Once hands were laid on Obama, others began defending the president, and the roughly 40,000 protesters outside of the G20 Summit began getting violent. Troops were called in to calm the crowd and were forced to zip-tie thousands of protesters. Tanks eventually hit the streets, but it didn't phase protesters who weren't planning on moving any time soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
confava.com...

This is an April Fool's joke.

What about the rest of this thread?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join