It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Hmmm... Everything getting polarized. Interesting go see how these crooks at the higher ends of the capitalist system are no longer playing the good guys and are now OK with revealing their own nature as filthy pigs.

This is really starting to look like open war...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
news.uk.msn.com...

Or...

"What NOT to do if you don't want someone waiting outside for when you finish work to beat the living crap out of you"

Sickening...

I'm 100% for peaceful protest. I'm 100% against cheap thugs posing as protesters.

Can you really blame these people when they see a bunch of crazy people destroying private and public property and pretending they care about the cause.

You should take your anger out on the real culprits who turned the masses against you with their adolescent criminal behavior.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Can you really blame these people when they see a bunch of crazy people destroying private and public property and pretending they care about the cause.

???....

As the lines of protesters >WALKED PEACEFULLY< towards the Bank of England, City workers were seen waving £10 notes at them from office windows above.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

There are peaceful protesters there who are wanting to make their voices heard, and there are morons who are just in it for the kicks of taunting and fighting with the police

Unfortunately, the peaceful demostrators have been lumped in with those who are just in it for the adrenaline rush of the riot, and some of those peaceful protesters seem to have been co-opted by mob-psychology and the sense of the anonymity of the crowd, to cross that boundary

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

A riot is an ugly sink. Unt, vonce you get vone schtarted, zere is little chance of schtoppink it, short of blootshet. I sink before ve go around killing people, ve had better make damn sure of our evidence.

Words spoken by a very wise man.

If there was indeed an obvious target to aim anger at,then fair enough,but workers and police..obviously not..

On the other side of the fence,IF the workers had observed riotous behaviour before the fact,then a little retaliatory jibing might have been understandable.

I do believe that an original threat were made,and precautions were taken..
But trying to incite a peaceful section of the protesting crowd to riot?

It's the whole basis of intolerance and ignorance..
"Well,that guy over there started it,so I'm going to start with that other guy over there."

Two wrongs don't make a right n all that jazz.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Blaine:

How on EARTH can you say that the protestors are the ones at fault here?

That doesn't even make a bit of sense.

If there was no problem to begin with, the protests would NOT be taking place.

Why are the protests violent?

1) People are passionate about this cause.
2) The Police and (apparently) the bankers, are instigating this.

Please think about what is going on.

I'm sorry to any bankers that may be here who work in London, but it appears you guys are going to take the brunt of the first blow.
You see, this stuff has been building for quite a long time (I don't understand why people are shocked about this, we've been speculating that something like this would indeed happen for quite some time now) and it just so happens to be boiling over.

The folks that see this as just another run of the mill protest that will be swept up by the MSM are complacent with the authority that subjects us daily.

Tomorrow will be a day to remember.
Mark these words.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
At 11.00 am I walked by the RBS, saw it was not boarded up like all the other buildings,

There are three Police vans outside, and a building site all covered up next door, I take a picture, post it on my blog with an arrow to the building site and the caption: "What is behind the canopy".

Then later hooded and gloved men smash the windows of the RBS in.

What are the chances they were waiting in the building site and the police were giving them cover?

Web site:

morris108.wordpress.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by morrr]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by morrr

Yeah, I think the fact that they are provoking action (the police) is evident by the fact that they allowed 20 people to pass their lines and then cordoned off the area afterwards.

Good job with the photos.

Like has been said multiple times, the protests were peaceable in aims. Stuff has hit the fan and I do NOT want to see the protestors back down...

If they were willing to gather in such numbers in protest (with full KNOWLEDGE that things may get hairy) I'll be highly disappointed if they turn and run at this point.
No, now they need to strike back with a message. It is very early in the morning there now, no?

What better time to burn a bank to the ground. Or a Government building.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by morrr

Yeah, I think the fact that they are provoking action (the police) is evident by the fact that they allowed 20 people to pass their lines and then cordoned off the area afterwards.

Good job with the photos.

Like has been said multiple times, the protests were peaceable in aims. Stuff has hit the fan and I do NOT want to see the protestors back down...

If they were willing to gather in such numbers in protest (with full KNOWLEDGE that things may get hairy) I'll be highly disappointed if they turn and run at this point.
No, now they need to strike back with a message. It is very early in the morning there now, no?

What better time to burn a bank to the ground. Or a Government building.

mate i was there today and im telling you we tried to stand out ground! at one point we all decided to sit down on the floor loads of people sat down as soon as we did that the polive moved forward walking over the people!

i was there today and im telling you 100% start to finish it was the polices and the bankers faults(for the notes) like another poster said if there was no problem then im sure there wouldnt have been 4000 people outside the bank of england people dont do that for no reason

if your not going i suggest you pipe down about standing ground a 60 cop line with batons shields and riot gear is not that easy to stand ground against

oh and somebody died tonight just thought id let you know while you sit at your comfy desk asking people to stand ground im going tomorow are you?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

You're right, brother. I was the one who said that if there was nothing wrong, the protestors wouldn't be there.

As I'm half a world away, I only WISH I could be there in support!

I'm just noting that yes, the Police and the Bankers are wrong in this situation and considering, I would be disappointed if you fine Brits didn't show up again tomorrow with a vengence.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I'm against police brutality, but on this occasion i'd have been fine with them running upstairs to these city workers, giving them a good kicking, and arresting them for inciting violence.

Idiots.

CX.

Maybe you missed the actual occurrences which took place during the protests, but the reason the workers were taunting the Protestors, is due to the fact that a bunch of Anarchists actually stormed into one of the banks and attempted to destroy it. I hardly call the "Protestors" a grouping of innocent victims. The knuckle headed young leftists completely destroyed any resemblance of respect which the unemployed picketers would have managed to secure.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Reading

You're right, brother. I was the one who said that if there was nothing wrong, the protestors wouldn't be there.

As I'm half a world away, I only WISH I could be there in support!

I'm just noting that yes, the Police and the Bankers are wrong in this situation and considering, I would be disappointed if you fine Brits didn't show up again tomorrow with a vengence.

apologies freind i misread your post and bit your head off, its been pretty hate filled night to be honest with you, i wish you were there to we need all the support we can get shame your half a world away!

ha just thought i dont know who im reffering to we as?

i suppose its just us,the people

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Actually, the bankers taunted the protestors while they were PEACEABLY assembling (as is their god given right)...

Secondly, the bank they ransacked was empty at the time (this fact actaully debunks your first statement)...

Third, Leftists? No way. Even if you take the media-spin at face value, these folks are "anarchists," remember?
Can't have your cake and eat it. Especially twice.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Sorry to steal your thunder (Brits), but the real story is in the US. They're
starting to round people up and send them to FEMA camps here.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

What do you mean?

2nd line

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Jamestown was America’s first English settlement. It had a very simple rule “If you don’t work you don’t eat”. There is something inherently wrong with a world where a person who wants to truly work, but can not find that opportunity and therefore can’t eat. There is likewise something truly wrong with a world where one is working and still can’t eat.

Jamestown didn’t actually fare to well, only 60 of the 214 settlers made it through the first winter when food was at its scarcest. They eventually had to abandon the settlement, and strike off into the inhospitable wilderness in small little groups or solo in order to survive until the Virginia Company back in England could resupply it and send in a more proper government.

If you don’t work, you don’t eat sounds good enough and fair enough, except that at least a few people ought not to be working, and not be too busy eating to do something called lead.

The Bank of Scotland today for instance, is likely yet another example how when good people set out to do good things, they end up doing something bad.

Some of you are saying what was bad about showing the fat cat bankers a lesson?

Yet the reality is the fat cat bankers already learned their lessons. This lesson is called insurance fraud, take the now worthless building for your near bankrupt company and let it be vandalized and destroyed to get lots of insurance money!

They wanted the protesters to destroy or do significant damage to the building, and made it an inviting target by making sure it was less secure than all the other banks.

The principals of the Bank of Scotland will no doubt soon be collecting a tidy check thanks to the good protesters.

A good leader might have avoided that pitfall and have seen how it might not be in the movement’s best interest to seize on each and every seeming opportunity that might come their way, to avoid pitfalls and traps.

Captain John Smith of Jamestown was an excellent leader but when he left to resupply the colony and went back to England, the settlement quickly folded and collapsed without his leadership.

Protesting is great; it sends a political message, but ultimately without real leadership no movement, no matter how impassioned, or how righteous and just can easily hit the mark.

Hitting the mark is great, but what then? Without real leadership, and real well thought out plans replete with logistical capability to carry those plans out, what happens when you do hit the mark?

When you create a void, you had better be prepared to step into it, ready to lead, or at least armed with a real plan and real ways to accomplish it beyond well I sure don’t like how these guys were doing it.

Otherwise what does happen is that void, where all of a sudden sixty people realize they are trapped in a wilderness, under constant threat and attack by things both known and unknown, things both seen and unseen is beyond their collective reasoning to not just create a united front to deal with it, but a united front that actually can deal with it.

Protesting = Lack of an alternative, so all you can say is…I don’t like this.

Leading = Having an alternative, because you are ready to get down to the hard work so people can eat right now today, and tomorrow and all the days that come after that.

Things need to change, but how they will change by saying boo and hoping everyone just goes home and stops doing bad things, is not the same as having the plans, ability, and skills to leading people towards doing better things.

By the way the people of Jamestown, to get that work, where they had to work to be able to eat…they had to sail a couple thousand miles and face a lot of things that weren’t even in their vocabularies yet, let alone in their minds.

At least they had a plan!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

While I understand your point, I think you underestimate the purpose of such an event.
It is not to satisfy a banker's lust for insurance fraud (hell, they have committed fraud on account of 1,000 times whatever anyone could possibly do to the RBS building itself), it is to send a symbolic message to the GOVERNMENT (not the bankers) that if stuff doesn't shape up, and quick, they will BURN the house of cards to the ground. If they don't do it now...

These protests let the Government know that the PEOPLE know where the corruption is being allowed to stem from... and if need be, they will tear it down.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
These protesters are bunch of idoits, How is burning a city down going to help anything? Then they will have to spend the protesters money to fix the crap that they broke and burned down. Causing more chaos isn't going to fix the problems. One idea that might help is STOP voting for these stupid leaders. By now everyone knows during the elections that the people that get the most media attention are the ones that OWN the media. Now that alone will tell you to vote for the guy that gets none.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

I'm actually watching a pretty good movie at this time. V for Vindetta. I would suggest it...

"With enough people, blowing up a building can change the world."

Very wise words.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

We're not living in a movie dude. People vote for these idoits then they get mad.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join