It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah.
So?
And you want the big business guy you hate to fix that for you?
Somehow that contradiction stands in your head without triggering an Ah-Ha moment?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Aeons

No, actually I'm not.
You see, people telling the big business interests no has not worked.

Burning down their institutions?
We'll see.

"Their" institutions are owned by the people who own the stock.
They are publicly traded companies.
"Their" institutions are the institutions paying for Nanna's retirement from her registered saving acccount.
"THEM" is your neighbour, and your grandma.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

When the wheelbarrows wheel stops working, perhaps it is time to move the stones yourself?

This is what is happening.
People aren't waiting on the Government to work on their behalf because they've tried that route and the Government has told them to take a hike.

Now we're gonna' see people either take a hike or be lynched.

Just the way it is. Arguing against it won't do you any good.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
That's the difference between you and the immigrant. They'll come with a PhD and 40 years experience and drive your cab and clean the bathroom.

I have nothing but respect for someone who would educate,train themselves and relocate to another country to find work..(I've done it).

IF they were taking the same,going rate salary of the country they choose.
Undercutting always leads to dishonest employers using ILLEGAL immigrants as a way to reduce costs and raise their own profit margin.

This is no good for anyone in the long run.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Eleven people were arrested this morning after police uniforms were found in the back of an armoured vehicle.

Just what is that supposed to mean anyways? Are they implying protesters were dressed as police? If so, why the hell would they have an armored vehicle?
The only reason the police would have to be taking off their uniforms in my opinion is to dress up like protestors and act as agent provocateurs.
This small statement doesn't seem to fit into the article and I can't make much sense of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yeah.
So?
Somehow that contradiction stands in your head without triggering an Ah-Ha moment?

Was this to me? Because if so, it made no sense.

When have I once said I "want the big business guy" I hate to "fix that" for me? Not once.

I was merely responding to someone saying about 7-8 people out there protesting have actually lost their jobs; and I replied I personally knew more than 20.

We then discussed the calculations on job cuts/creations, why some people (me included) didn't look for 'lower paid jobs' (Wherever that came from?) and I put it into context for you.

The point was there are MORE non-jobs than there are ACTUAL-JOBS. What is it about that you aren't getting? Or, do you just enjoy making things up to argue about on the Internet?

Sorry if that sounds rude I just did not get the reasoning of your response one bit.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

And the idiotic Governments have allowed them to interject THEIR interests into the average person's life unchallenged.
If you can't understand the outrage here you aren't paying much attention.

People are fed up.
About time.

link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Aeons

When the wheelbarrows wheel stops working, perhaps it is time to move the stones yourself?

This is what is happening.
People aren't waiting on the Government to work on their behalf because they've tried that route and the Government has told them to take a hike.

Now we're gonna' see people either take a hike or be lynched.

Just the way it is. Arguing against it won't do you any good.

Ah, I see. You want your countries to be taken over by other interests that don't give even the pretense of caring.

Good for you. Sensibility isn't a requirement for citizenship.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Yeah.
So?

When have I once said I "want the big business guy" I hate to "fix that" for me? Not once.

I was merely responding to someone saying about 7-8 people out there protesting have actually lost their jobs; and I replied I personally knew more than 20.

We then discussed the calculations on job cuts/creations, why some people (me included) didn't look for 'lower paid jobs' (Wherever that came from?) and I put it into context for you.

The point was there are MORE non-jobs than there are ACTUAL-JOBS. What is it about that you aren't getting? Or, do you just enjoy making things up to argue about on the Internet?

Sorry if that sounds rude I just did not get the reasoning of your response one bit.

Yes, and you want those big bad business men to make you more jobs.
That somehow makes sense to you.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma

Eleven people were arrested this morning after police uniforms were found in the back of an armoured vehicle.

Just what is that supposed to mean anyways? Are they implying protesters were dressed as police? If so, why the hell would they have an armored vehicle?
The only reason the police would have to be taking off their uniforms in my opinion is to dress up like protestors and act as agent provocateurs.
This small statement doesn't seem to fit into the article and I can't make much sense of it.

Apparently 11 of the 32 arrested in total were Protesters who went in "Fancy dress" made up like Armed Police in an Armoured vehicle with a large 'blow up' gun on the front. - There was a lot of fancy-dress today apparently.

My opinion? Several people noticed faux protesters back in their armed police gear, made a fuss of it and the police arrested them for being 'protesters dressed as cops' as opposed to it being the other way around.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

All of this is happening already, dude.

Like I said, you aren't paying much attention.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah.
So?

Yes, and you want those big bad business men to make you more jobs.
That somehow makes sense to you.

I never said that...? I've never once argued for or against that scenario you seem to be planting into this discussion.

I merely pointed out a fact of numbers, I wasn't discussing any of the in's and out's of the issue

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Edit.... Response to the wrong person.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Agreed.....we will get to eat soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I think you might have got the debate mixed up... I've not disagreed w/ hardly anything you've said in this entire thread?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just heard a 30 year old man DIED in the protests today...

*waits for those who say it was his own fault and not Police brutality/action*

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by longstalker

My heart goes out to the protesters in hope they can defeat this evil.

I only wish i was there to help.

My heart goes out to the police in the hope they can defeat this evil

I only wish I was there to help

The police? I feel sorry for them too.. everyone needs a job and if they dont do theirs they might lose it! When i say defeat this evil i mean the bankers who rob from the poor and use this "money" as a barrier to resources. You might have taken "this evil" as if i was talking about the police and if so i apologize.

If you are implying that the protesters in the streets holding the signs that say: End the Banks, are the evil ones... then i feel very very sorry for you my friend and hope one day you can see the light.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

My bad. I thought you were the other guy. Both names start with an "A"...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I never said that...? I've never once argued for or against that scenario you seem to be planting into this discussion.

I merely pointed out a fact of numbers, I wasn't discussing any of the in's and out's of the issue

Assassin, you must learn with trolls that they will incite as long as people keep responding to them. Just don't answer him anymore, and he'll go back to internet obscurity. Perhaps if he disagrees with the thread, and everything contained within it, EXCEPT for his own thoughts, he should simply choose another thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by becomingaware]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join