It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The attack on the RBS has begun. Windows smashed and smoke bombs thrown in.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
I love how the MASSES, like you all, hate people who are responsible and focused.
take a look at the picture of that guy pretending he has a gun and his other hand is in his pants.
exactly
the G20 individuals are focused, responsible, and have learned how to create. the protesters are fools who think we should share everything and are lazy, greedy, and delusional. The protestors think they are ENTITLED to something without working hard. LOL

face it people. the sheep are the protestors.
the masses WANT the NWO. YOU ALL asked for it coz u rather have someone take care of you than be responsible for yourself.

instead of shutting up and learning from responsible people, u are envious and complain.
play the blame game. LOOK IN THE MIRROR. these people DID NOTHING TO YOU.
you did it all to yourself.
the masses go to war. the masses take out huge loans, etc....

but nevermind, keep complaining instead of taking responsibility.
lazy,
greedy,
and
delusional

How long has your Daddy owned a bank

Can I borrow your rose coloured glasses m8?

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Of all the buildings that you would have thought needed protecting, RBS didn't bother lol.

Apparently the police are pretty much standing back and letting that hapen at the RBS. Maybe people will moan about that now?

Maybe the officers had money with them?

CX.

link   
If anyone wants I can live stream (not amazing quality with rubbish UK uploads)
SKY NEWS or other channel.

But yes, right now RBS windows are going in, Orange smoke in street, someone spaying the word "THIEVES" underneathe the RBS logo

link   

I love how the MASSES, like you all, hate people who are responsible and focused.
take a look at the picture of that guy pretending he has a gun and his other hand is in his pants.
exactly
the G20 individuals are focused, responsible, and have learned how to create. the protesters are fools who think we should share everything and are lazy, greedy, and delusional. The protestors think they are ENTITLED to something without working hard. LOL

face it people. the sheep are the protestors.
the masses WANT the NWO. YOU ALL asked for it coz u rather have someone take care of you than be responsible for yourself.

instead of shutting up and learning from responsible people, u are envious and complain.
play the blame game. LOOK IN THE MIRROR. these people DID NOTHING TO YOU.
you did it all to yourself.
the masses go to war. the masses take out huge loans, etc....

but nevermind, keep complaining instead of taking responsibility.
lazy,
greedy,
and
delusional
you mean instead of shutting up and just letting TBTB do what ever they like, they're standing up for their RIGHTS and protesting for what is right. We NEED change to happen, and this is the only way it will ever happen. It's better than sitting around saying how angry you are on the internet. The protesters need to be held up and saluted, they are the only ones with the GUTS to stan d up for what is right.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

I'm going to assume you're a wealthy person, living in comfort and a little detached from reality.

That would have to be the case to believe what you are saying.

You think people should all stay quiet and not argue? You think we should just let our government sink our children into a mire of debt that they'll never climb out of?

You, sir, are exactly what is wrong with our entire political system. You, just like the PTB, think we should all slave away and pay for their extravagant lifestyles, and that we should consider ourselves lucky.
It's an elitist attitude, verging on the extreme.

If we followed your example of pacifist silence in the face if obscene greed by those in the higher echelons, we would all be slaves by now. In fact, we almost are because we didn't do enough before.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have to take my hat off to the Brit protesters, they let their Gov

know they are angry

If this event happened in Canada , majority of people would be unaware it was

going on, we are a fattened sheeple in Canada, protest would be to

strenuous , Go Britania

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
People now in the RBS bank lol and police are moving in.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sky reporting that four masked protesters have been going in and out of the RBS building, wouldn't be suprised if we see something set alight soon.

Police moving towards there now.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
People now in the RBS bank lol and police are moving in.

I do feel sorry for the staff in there though. They must be really scared.

If I worked in a bank in London, I think I would have called in sick today, and then joined the protest.

I have no sympathy for the bank itself, they deserve this, but I do worry for the staff who some may use as a scapegoat or symbol of what is wrong.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with that....i think if i was in the RBS right now, it would be in the vault!

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As I watched this morning the CNBC news the protesters started pushing against the police barricade and the police just started to hit them, at that point the News just cut off the video and focuses on something else.

Yes I heard they are now turning violent, but hey people are angry very angry because the economic situation.

Here in America has been some incidents against CEOs but you don't get to see them on the news.

Also the Unemployment numbers today are not pretty, over 1 million loses in the private sector.

I wonder when the angry crowds of unemployed in the US will start making a statement that they media will not be able to cover up.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

blah...blah..blah
dribble
blah

for Mrjelly read Rothschild???

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

The G20 protestors actually contain many different "factions" and basically encompass anyone you is ticked off at the state of the world today.
Some people only care about climate change...or climate change and peace...or maybe peace and fiscal accountability but not climate change....

There really is not much more the average citizen can do to make the governments of the world listen to them in regards to limiting environmental impact, for example.

I would also like to add that I believe the protestors (especially those they call the "anarchists" who indeed do get quite violent) do get quite a bit out of line when property is destroyed and semi-aggressive violence is used.

Sorry to say but if it were in America I can assure you the police would have beaten everyone to a pulp 5 hours ago.
They have great patience with these protestors...I am actually amazed as I sit and watch as protestors throw things at them, repeatedly push them, scream at them, and when they get past the "lines" the police more often that not just push them back into the crowd and very rarely arrest them. I mean come on, how many tens of thousands are there? They will riot if the police put one foot in the wrong direction.....

It is a shame there are so many who "ruin" this protest by being completely out of control. The police are doing a great job and walking a very thin line here.......
It is unfair because so many who are there are peaceful...

Personally, I believe the message would be heard louder if they didn't make it such a spectacle....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The gloves are now off ... the riot police are being called in, together with the horses.

They don't appear to be moving in yet, but they're deployed in Threadneedle Street.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I do not believe in Reptilians

But if there were such creatures , Brown certainly looks like he would eat
small children, that guy scares me

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Woooahhh,

I go to pick some people up from another site and come back and they're in RBS?

Does anyone know if it's only RBS at the moment? If there are any ATS'ers down there, this would be an ideal time to allow the media portal to come into it's own...

Windows are broken so perhaps the crowd is getting riled and this is the start of where it's all going to get 'lively' as one way of putting it...

Peace,

MGGG

Edit to add: The police seem to be forming up into ranks outside RBS adn there appears to definitely be some hitting of people by police to keep them away.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

1352 The BBC's Mark Georgiou texts: More windows broken at RBS - some protestors in building. Mounted police blocking end of Bartholemew lane. More windows broken. Very tense.

Seriously, does not look good for people.

1405 The BBC's Daniel Boettcher says: A dozen or so police officers are putting on riot gear. On this corner of Threadneedle Street some of the protesters have been surging forward trying to push through the police line. The police have blocked off all approaches to the square, they are letting people out but no one back in again.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

1405 The BBC's Daniel Boettcher says: A dozen or so police officers are putting on riot gear. On this corner of Threadneedle Street some of the protesters have been surging forward trying to push through the police line. The police have blocked off all approaches to the square, they are letting people out but no one back in again.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Looks like they are all set for things if they start to go nasty - I'm glad they are letting people out though rather than penning every one in.

I wonder if those instigating the surging the police are actually 'protesters' or what.

I think you all know what I'm getting at.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Working for the bank I had a great view of the protests, unfortunately we got asked by our security force to 'step inside' as we were deemed to be 'inciting' the crowds.
We have a right to voice our opinions as well, and I actually agree with the protesters, Apart from when they started yelling 'jump , jump , jump' at us.
As if the whole financial crisis is our fault, its not , we just do a job in an office, the ones to blame are the political leaders and the 'rothchilds' of the world who care nothing for the people just for the lining of their own pockets and the power that they think they have.
Turns out that some ignorant members of our staff were giving the v-sign to the protesters , so I can only apologise for their actions.
As far as I know we are locked in for now, all the doors are closed and I think we are here for a good few hours yets, Oh and I've heard that some protesters have made their way to the roof of the RBS bank building next to us , go go protesters.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join