It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ok i read it wrong
The difference one little comma can make.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
it looks like the live feeds are being cut off and on...got cut off on fox and sky at the sametime. Odd since the people where jsut standing around waiting to leave while the police and mounts formed a line.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I just saw this from yahoo news. It was posted 20 mins ago.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I was just watching fox news stream because I can't find one on CNN. The stream keeps cutting off and on, then it looked like it was being fast forwarded than cut off again. There was some pink smoke blowing down the street every minute or so not sure what it was.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

There's been a serious helicopter accident in the North Sea, both BBC & Sky News in the UK keep cutting from G20 coverage to that story instead, it might be affecting feeds to North America.

There's still a standoff outside the RBS branch in Threadneedle Street, red smoke bombs are being set off, the police have used truncheons against protesters, now a major march is taking place through Trafalgar Square in London city centre ... which is only a few hundred yards from Downing St & important government offices.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Its funny with glass breaking at RBC and police holding people in

elsewhere

The climate protesters are having tea with the police , haha

haha thats what we like to see. Proof that the police aren't there with some personal agenda for attacking protesters and a show of how civilised a demonstration can be as long as its not over run by knuckle dragging morons.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
CNN

Banners at the protest read "Arrest the War Criminals," "One Currency, One Country, One World," and "Capitalism Isn't Working." One protester stood in the crowd and strummed a guitar.

Does that strike you as odd, anyone? I'm referring to the portion I bolded. I can't tell what that is supposed to mean. To me my first thoughts were disinfo agents seeding the idea of a grassroots movement to show there is support in the public for the NWO. Or it could be the other way around and that person is being sarcastic and mocking the idea of a one world currency. I don't feel it's the latter and it "makes me ill" to paraphrase Sarah Palin.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey all,

I think the latest piece of news is that the RBS bank has been stormed

Source.

Pretty crazy stuff if you ask me. Like that protest not long ago where they stormed the BBC.

Protests like this annoy me. OK they are passionate, but also as each time they do this they erode our civil liberties. We can no longer protest outside Westminster and I guess this is because these people have the capacity to turn violent!

Edit: add BBC link in

[edit on 1-4-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Also, something interesting to add ...

My colleague on the opposite side of the office (his view faces central London so he can see the skies over central) informed me of "black helicopters" that he could see circling in the sky around central at around 10am. I asked him if they were in anyway marked and he said that he did not recall any markings.

I have no reason to doubt the validity of his claims but obviously no pics or anything ...

Anyone else seen similar?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Anyone stormin g the bbc is alright by me, ffing scum. Worked for them in 97-98, hated the place.

Shame there is only so much the protests can do. The provocateurs must be out in force, from the scummy police.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon

Originally posted by Seany

Its funny with glass breaking at RBC and police holding people in

elsewhere

The climate protesters are having tea with the police , haha

haha thats what we like to see. Proof that the police aren't there with some personal agenda for attacking protesters and a show of how civilised a demonstration can be as long as its not over run by knuckle dragging morons.
99% of the time, those knuckle dragging morons are the police. Now, the RBS windows were put through by 1 person, either an agent provacure or 1 lone violent muppet. Of course ,it'll be shown that it was everyone there. But the news isn't bias at all, is it?

Reports now in of police truncheoning people trying to leave the penned in area. I'm sure video will surface of this soon enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yep it made their plans to ram open buildings futile..poor APC
would of been fun to watch.. it's so pitiful a bunch of people standing there chanting.. and as i said eysterday on another thread it's come true..

a few missiles,broken windows and yelling and that will be it..

and i'm correct

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's kicking off in threadneedle street, with riot cops up for the scrap

Anyone in the area take care
(or take cover
)

Edit- it seems peaceful at Bishopsgate with the climate camp drumming out some beats and just dancing in the street.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
oh ok, so its fine for protesters to club police round the head with metal poles but when the police retaliate they're agent provocateurs

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

Your arguments? Who's listening to your arguments in the G20 political elite anyways? Did you by chance received a letter of invitation to attend one of their meetings?

You still can waste your time arguing with these riot cops before they beat the crap out of you and send you to jail, but sorry there are people who more clearly understand the social conflict they are facing, and strike back in APPROPRIATE manners rather than shoveling clouds of tear gas and submitting to the order that THEY are imposing on us.

Shame on you -as well as anyone else who thinks alike- for being such a sheep.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
oh ok, so its fine for protesters to club police round the head with metal poles but when the police retaliate they're agent provocateurs
you got it

Who do you think starts it? 1 loner who thinks they can take on the police, or the police who just want to nick people and get a good arrest figure for the day? (which they failed at, because so far it's been pretty peaceful, by the accounts of people actuallythere, as opposed to news reports)

There are thousands of people penned in, not able to move, they've been told to piss in the streets and some of the mothers on there have to go pick their kids up from school. They've been told "tough sh#t" That's going to help the people stay nice and calm, isn't it. That's not going to aggrivate them at all, is it? See how they do it yet? The police are experts at making it kick off. It's what they do for a living the dirty fascist slags.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
I'm watching PM Brown & President Obama's press conference.

Obama looks shattered ! So tired. Unwell even.

Where's his spark & vitality disappeared to ?

Does he really, I thought so too, a while back.

[edit on 103030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
reply to post by mkross1983

There's been a serious helicopter accident in the North Sea, both BBC & Sky News in the UK keep cutting from G20 coverage to that story instead, it might be affecting feeds to North America.

They obviously need their unsignificant incident du jour to distract people's attention away from the central issues.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
CNN

Banners at the protest read "Arrest the War Criminals," "One Currency, One Country, One World," and "Capitalism Isn't Working." One protester stood in the crowd and strummed a guitar.

Does that strike you as odd, anyone? I'm referring to the portion I bolded. I can't tell what that is supposed to mean. To me my first thoughts were disinfo agents seeding the idea of a grassroots movement to show there is support in the public for the NWO. Or it could be the other way around and that person is being sarcastic and mocking the idea of a one world currency. I don't feel it's the latter and it "makes me ill" to paraphrase Sarah Palin.

Yes that is odd.

I don't know what else to say, see people will!! follow the beast.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I give up, I'm trying to have a discussion with people who see the world through a computer monitor and take pride in being able to type an opinion that they see as fact because a conspiracy website told them so. I'd just be interested to know who'd you go running to if god forbid you or a member of your family was the victim of a serious crime. would the police still be the enemy or would all of a sudden they're great protectors...fickle people with fickle views that change like the weather

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join