It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Course it's not a riot... This one huge crowd now has been created BY THE POLICE, through pushing them into this one area and NOT allowing them, to leave.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I heard they are going to open an exit soon to let them all get out,

Theres just waiting now to get permission for a big push,

Anouncement being made: There moving out now,

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Police making an announcement through a loud speaker that they're going to slowly start letting people out.

But the Police's way of "Moving people back" EVEN THOUGH they weren't actually advancing on The Police is effin RIDICULOUS. Violence, Force, Batons out... When these people are just STANDING THERE, waiting to be let go??!??

How anyone can even defend the Police in these kinds of situations is beyond me...

They were physically HITTING people with their batons around the legs and shoulders (Even though the Police are only supposed to hit below the waist). Men, women, young boys and girls... They didn't even ASK THEM to move back before advancing on them and attacking them.

POLICE EFFING BRUTALITY!

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The police are going to start pushing and hearding them towards an exit, There are chants in the crowd of "this is not a riot"

beautiful.

Showing the world that even though the police have tried bully boy tactics. (and I'm reading plenty of brutality stories on the forum I'm reading, where people are returning) The people, united, shall not be defeated!

I'm proud of them, and screw all of you who were on the side of the polazis . THEY are the ones who have TRIED to start it. And with only 24 arrests out of the 10s of thousands there,being bullied. Is a standup testament to how well behaved the crowds have been.

*applauds*

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
G20 protesters have started a fire near the Bank of England in the City of London.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcidtasticAnd with only 24 arrests out of the 10s of thousands there,being bullied. Is a standup testament to how well behaved the crowds have been.

*applauds*

I applaud too, although it's now 32 arrests; considering the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people there who stood their grounds WITHOUT violence/force is commendable.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Was started and put out, within 5 minutes lol

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The police tactics wear the demonstrators down. They get tired & "lose the will" albeit temporarily. Most demonstrators have been there for the last eight hours, some with no food or water, no lavatories. They probably just want to get home.

The police will let them out in dribs and drabs to ensure there's no disorder outside their cordon. And they'll hope most demonstrators are so worn out they won't demonstrate again tomorrow.

Questionable legality though, these police tactics. Effectively it's detention without arrest.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
apparently riot police are moving in on the climate camp. Which is full of little kids playing in sand pits and having picnics. The mood has changed from massivly fluffy, to angry. FFS what won't these bastards do
They're just sitting there in tents, playing games and having fun.

I can feel my blood begining to boil.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lets hope people get out of there soon....that last taped surge by the police was well out of order.

I can appreciate that if a protester won't move, you may have to push a bit whether they like it or not, but the baton use and smashing people in the head with sheilds is totaly unneccessary.

Like i said though, hopefully they'll let them go soon, and hopefully given the chance, they WILL go.

CX.

[edit on 1/4/09 by CX]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I can appreciate that if a protester won't move, you may have to push a bit whether they like it or not

But the thing is they weren't even ASKED to move beforehand; they just flew in! (The Police that is).

A source of mine via Twitter is headed back toward that direction now; going to update in a bit.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Link to source, please, I'm trying to follow everyone at the protests.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it's already been posted here...

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm all for peaceful protest, no matter the cause. It is our right as a people. Unfortunately what is on the news is videos of out of control nut cases doing property damage and inciting violence by intimidating the Cops who are just trying to keep the peace and protect the innocent.

The Mommy's basement crowd who never had a job or money in the first damn place need to stay the hell home where they belong. Give them the price of a few bottles of beer and they will leave.

The opportunists who are there to see what they can steal or destroy should be dealt with in-house. One way to impress the world is if the real peaceful protesters were to police their own ranks and get rid of the idiot Anarchists and phonies who are just there for the thrills. You know these people never had a job, house or money anyway and they have lost nothing. They need a good mental spanking and sent back home to their Mothers basement.

I watched this same nonsense occur during the Vietnam War protests. We could not get a voice because of the phonies who kept interfering and making us look bad. These people help the bad guys and I'm sure the powers that be are thrilled about this. It takes attention away from them and insures the public will never side with the crazies.

Anyone who is serious about this should be very mad at these damn idiots. If you know one of them, you should attempt to educate them about the harm they are doing.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
bbc now reporting that police dogs are being drafted in

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
confava.com...

Obama managed to offend thousands of people at the G20 Summit by attempting a joke that didn't go over well. Thousands of protesters have been detained and Obama himself was physically attacked.

The riots broke out after Obama made a comment during his speech about the Queen and tried to give her an iPod, but no one seemed to laugh. While some people in the room were genuinely offended, others took advantage of the mood to jump on Obama in the name of the Queen.

Once hands were laid on Obama, others began defending the president, and the roughly 40,000 protesters outside of the G20 Summit began getting violent. Troops were called in to calm the crowd and were forced to zip-tie thousands of protesters. Tanks eventually hit the streets, but it didn't phase protesters who weren't planning on moving any time soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh this wont go down to well,

There going to let people out 1 by 1,

and get this!! Each and everyone of them will be searhed and a photo of them taken,

A long night ahead?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im so confused, I've read this thread all the way through and looked through the majority of the links and according to the info there, the majority of the protesting today has been peaceful. Yet for some reason on CNN right now they are decrying the horrible violence that we have seen. I guess i really shouldn't be too surprised, it just amazes me that anyone could trust them as a news source when they are clearly disconnected from reality. Or else are blowing the few violent ones out of proportion

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The last of the live video from Fox news showed the police leading people out one by one.The police had a huge line along the fence and where stepping in one at a time as a new person came through.They where taking them by the arm and walking them down the street. Probally going to arrest most of them it looks like.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've made a seperate thread for this as I think it deserved one but it seems no-one's there so I'll post it here too

Sky News have just reported that the police are making those still being held around The Bank of England through todays G20 Protests/Demonstrations; leave the area in SINGLE FILE - And as they leave, they are ALL (NO Exceptions) being searched, questioned AND Having their photographs (mugshots) taken.

There is absolutely no distinguishing between peaceful/troublemaking members here, no "Discrimination" as it were, they're treating EVERY - SINGLE - ONE as a criminal!

This is sickening and just ANOTHER wake up call to what's going on in the world. I'd be surprised if they don't demand fingerprinting/Blood taking from each one soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join