It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
I've made a seperate thread for this as I think it deserved one but it seems no-one's there so I'll post it here too

Sky News have just reported that the police are making those still being held around The Bank of England through todays G20 Protests/Demonstrations; leave the area in SINGLE FILE - And as they leave, they are ALL (NO Exceptions) being searched, questioned AND Having their photographs (mugshots) taken.

There is absolutely no distinguishing between peaceful/troublemaking members here, no "Discrimination" as it were, they're treating EVERY - SINGLE - ONE as a criminal!

This is sickening and just ANOTHER wake up call to what's going on in the world. I'd be surprised if they don't demand fingerprinting/Blood taking from each one soon enough.

I thought that under Common Law that was illegal? Under Common Law you don't even have to give your name and address - right to remain silent and all that.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What did I tell you? The police will impose peace and order when they find it fit.
Remember Seattle?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

It's supposed to be... This is just another underhanded way of creating a database among other things IMHO

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's a good up to the minute ticker for what's going on.

london.indymedia.org.uk...

Looks like the stop and searches have stopped now. And they'll be letting the climate camp people go in a few hours, and there's still music and dancing in the kettled in bit

here's the twitter for the climate camp lot
search.twitter.com...

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Maya00a

It's supposed to be... This is just another underhanded way of creating a database among other things IMHO

So they can refuse to answer questions, have their photo taken and be searched. Hopefully they'll refuse but that will probably lead to arrest but on what grounds?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Disobeying a direct "police order" despite their rights.

No-one is going to refuse in the situation, except maybe a few rebellious lot.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The police serial killers are out in force today, lol.

what scum those people are. Its amazing the police have effetively murdered my life, and i have never done anything, and look at them battering everyone.

Pure filthy scum

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Ever heard of this?

Hope you got the joke...

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

what scum those people are. Its amazing the police have effetively murdered my life, and i have never done anything, and look at them battering everyone.

Pure filthy scum

You really hate the police don't you? Do you mind if i ask if the reasons for this personal, or can they be shared?

I'm only curious as i've not heard of any serial killers amongst the police?

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by andy1033

Pure filthy scum

You really hate the police don't you? Do you mind if i ask if the reasons for this personal, or can they be shared?

I'm only curious as i've not heard of any serial killers amongst the police?

CX.
I can have a bash at it if you like *flutters eyelashes*

Now, please don't get me wrong, it's wrong to hate all of anything. Lumping all policemen together in a sweeping statement as such is obviously wrong. As everyone is an individual and each have their own individual trates. Just like everyone else. But that's a normal day situation type thing. Hell, I've been arrested by some nice officers a few times(mainly cos I wasn't putting up any resistance, and it was a fair cop) But when they get into groups like this. They become the enemy. They become a heartless group of marauding thugs. I've seen it first hand myself. Peacefull people, not even chanting or pushing, they just storm you. There's no need to do that, an officer of the law is just that. To uphold the law. We are allowed to protest peacefully. And they pile in with battons and dogs. That's why I disslike the police, I know just what they're capable of. The press NEVER give a fair representation of events, they always side with the police. (just look at sky news right now, it's depressing)

and now they're using anti terror laws to make people delete pictures and videos on their phones!!

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

I can have a bash at it if you like *flutters eyelashes*

Now, please don't get me wrong, it's wrong to hate all of anything. Lumping all policemen together in a sweeping statement as such is obviously wrong. As everyone is an individual and each have their own individual trates. Just like everyone else. But that's a normal day situation type thing. Hell, I've been arrested by some nice officers a few times(mainly cos I wasn't putting up any resistance, and it was a fair cop) But when they get into groups like this. They become the enemy. They become a heartless group of marauding thugs. I've seen it first hand myself. Peacefull people, not even chanting or pushing, they just storm you. There's no need to do that, an officer of the law is just that. To uphold the law. We are allowed to protest peacefully. And they pile in with battons and dogs. That's why I disslike the police, I know just what they're capable of. The press NEVER give a fair representation of events, they always side with the police. (just look at sky news right now, it's depressing)

and now they're using anti terror laws to make people delete pictures and videos on their phones!!

Thanks the reply Acid, i can see your point.

I'm just curious about replies like Andy's, to me they go beyond your normal dislike of the police, theres almost a real nastyness in there somewhere. If i'm wrong there Andy, i apologize, thats just the way it comes across.

It's not for me to judge though, i really am just curious.

I'm sure if i had been on the receiving end of some of the treatment today, i would be the one calling for their blood too.

Thanks anyway.

CX.

[edit on 1/4/09 by CX]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just heard a 30 year old man DIED in the protests today...

*waits for those who say it was his own fault and not Police brutality/action*

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ITV news has just announced that a man in his 30's collapsed and died today during the protest......and the independant police complaints commision has been informed.

Wow i missed that one today! I doubt we'll here anything of the reason by tomorrow, but if it had anything to do with the police action today, i can see tomorrows protests being even worse.

I'll try and find a link.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the anti-terror laws mean that any person can now be stopped and searched, and their identity recorded, they'll now end up on a database of "political insurgents" ready to be monitored and arrested next time the PTB want to prevent any and all dissent.

They are using exactly the same tactics used against the peaceful protests at the Democratic Convention in the US previously, where they detained everyone.

This is just another aspect of the Police State we now find ourselves in. The UK and the US are not free and democratic countries, they are simply using a cloak of democracy to disguise their real intentions.

I will not be surprised to see this continuing, the battle to reclaim our once great country has just begun.

Labour will likely be out at the next election.
As long as the BNP don't gain any power, I'll be happy to see Labour go.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

here's another reason to hate those scum bags cx.

RIP Brave Warrior
Rot in Hell Scum bag pigs

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

here's another reason to hate those scum bags cx.

RIP Brave Warrior
Rot in Hell Scum bag pigs

I hear you, but they haven't said how he died yet though, so i think i'll reserve judgement on that one.

That said, Sky did say eariler that he died about 7:30pm at the Bank of England. Wasn't that about the same time they were all penned in and not allowed to leave?

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Link from Sky.....

Man Dies During G20 London Protests

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just read in the news that a man "was found dead" outside of the bank of Scotland. That's awful.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Police and main stream media are reporting the guy collapsed and died. Lets see what the indy media has to say...

If it was caused from police having a whack with there batons. Then i suspect things will get a little tense...

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They are saying he died at one of the protest camps, and when police tried to help him they were bottled.

Don't worry, i'm not sticking up for them lol, just reporting what Sky says.

The only good thing about this tragic incident, is the amount of cameras about today. There is no way the police could have got away with causing a fatal injury without somebody catching it on camera.

So now the waiting game until the owner of that footage comes forwards.

I haven't heard of people geting their cameras removed tonight, so hopefully the public will have their own evidence.

CX.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join