It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OMG

President Obama has given the Queen an iPod.
Wow. How much thought went into that ?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zmouse
Heres some good pics(well not so good)
www.guardian.co.uk...

new wall paper

Some guy, apparently has a picture of cops with MEDIC written accross their backs, lumping people round the head with telescopic sticks

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
OMG

President Obama has given the Queen an iPod.
Wow. How much thought went into that ?

ROTFL... Omg now that's FUNNY

That's made the whole event... Lighter than a Malteser!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The latest I heard was that thousands tried to leave the scene peacefully @ the Bank of England area and were currowed by police and lumped back into the area; no-one knows WHY they've done this.

As a copper I'd be relieved people were leavin 0_o

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
The latest I heard was that thousands tried to leave the scene peacefully @ the Bank of England area and were currowed by police and lumped back into the area; no-one knows WHY they've done this.

As a copper I'd be relieved people were leavin 0_o
It's all part of the plan, push them back in, annoy them into a confrontation. There are mothers there, waiting to pick their kids up from school. It's utterly bonkers.

And CHECK THIS.

The police were INSIDE the bank when they smashed the windows, and were waiting for them to run in and tear gassed them. (that was the gossip I was waiting to verify,verified)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Well the last feed on it was showing them backed into the square several police vans in the road and police blocking the sides. I see several of the people in the front off to the left where in the same dress as the ones who where thumping on RBS.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

reply to post by xoxo stacie

In response to both of you, this is the exact thoughts I had... Agent Provoceuteurs abound and a high-rankin official decision to incite and provoke violence or at the least tension even among those peacefully protesting.

[On a sidenote] Just read a Sky News flash which said something (can't recall what) and finished with "... Ahead of Royal Deception" which was quickly changed to "... Ahead of Royal Reception"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I know, it's almost funny isn't it.

I mean, look at this picture here, of the bank window getting put through. If that's not a set up, then I don't know what is. Only bank in the area not borded up with police cordon round, check. Lots of tabloid photographers waiting for the "right moment". check. Young angry bloke with NO face mask of any kind (if a proper anarchist was going to do this, they'd mask up for sure) CHECK. edit to add, and the police allready inside. check.

How effing stupid do they think we are?

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Twitter update that I'm following said (about 30 minutes ago)

now fully kicked off at Bank of England 'Let us Out' being chanted!

Twitter Link

Why not just let them go?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
Twitter update that I'm following said (about 30 minutes ago)

now fully kicked off at Bank of England 'Let us Out' being chanted!

Twitter Link

Why not just let them go?
because they want to show the world what angry horrible nasty people these protesters are. By forcing them into violent confrontations. It's see through.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I know, it's almost funny isn't it.

I mean, look at this picture here, of the bank window getting put through. If that's not a set up, then I don't know what is. Only bank in the area not borded up with police cordon round, check. Lots of tabloid photographers waiting for the "right moment". check. Young angry bloke with NO face mask of any kind (if a proper anarchist was going to do this, they'd mask up for sure) CHECK. edit to add, and the police allready inside. check.

How effing stupid do they think we are?

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

Just to add he also has the stereotypical "Chav" crew cut and jacket...

Do an Interpol face-recognition check on this guy and we'll find out he's Police force

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Firstly may i say that although i haven't agreed with all your.....and many other posts in this thread from other members, i've enjoyed the discussion and content. I'd like to think that differences of opinions today will not create divides between us all on the forum.

I know you have not indicated this in any shape way or form, but i know how these things get on ATS at times lol. We have far more to worry about i feel.

Now your post about the picture of the bank chaos being set-up......that does have me thinking now!

I am still trying to get my head around the fact that the RBS was not boarded up?

I am trying to get my head around the fact that whilst the police were cordoning off the slightest bit of movement today, they didn't bat an eyelid when the RBS building started getting trashed?

There could have been staff in there. Put aside the fact that the police are suposed to stop damage to public buildings, does the possibility of people being inside not warrant police intervention immediately?

Not a leisurely wander up the street after the event.

Unless of course the police new the RBS was deserted, and therefore felt no need to rush in to save anyone?

I guess the guy pictured putting the window through could have just been an oppurtunist rioter, but i thought it would have been the masked up protesters who would have wanted that honour.

Convenient pic? I don't think so. Not with the amount of cameras there today. I was very pleased to see that.

I would love to get an interview with the lad pictured there putting the window through, i don't think he was police, but wouldn't be surpised if he was slipped a nice little earner for it.

CX.

[edit on 1/4/09 by CX]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just freaked out... I thought the news reporter on Sky News was saying a man, dressed up in "banker attire" was strung up by the neck and hung from traffic lights and then set alight!

It was an effigy of a banker... Nice, what ARE we turning into!?!? Reminds me of the people of the Middle-East burning effigies of Bush back in the day...

The world as Antonin Artaud saw it, is coming to pass... We are becoming animals.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

There burning dummys right now, lets hope this dose not get out of control,

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Police STILL Refusing to let people go; it's now 7:10pm and people (those peaceful) are wanting to leave and the Police will NOT let them.

I can see this becoming like Greece a few months back; night-time rioting as much as daytime.

Most people don't realise it, but this is a form of conditioning... The Police's refusal to let those protestors who've not been irate or violent leave and go back to their 'normal lives' is going to piss them off and cause them to turn on them (the police)

The Sky News reporter even said just a second ago "Some may believe that the Police holding these people back and not letting them disperse, will cause more harm than good"

There's SEVERAL different 'types' of Protestor here and the Police are grouping them all together. - People are ASKING the Police to let them go, but no-one *unless they're injured* is being allowed to leave.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lol the police just tried to extinguish a burning effigy of a banker, it failed miserably and created more smoke that any of the smkoe bombs today lol.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
I just freaked out... I thought the news reporter on Sky News was saying a man, dressed up in "banker attire" was strung up by the neck and hung from traffic lights and then set alight!

It was an effigy of a banker... Nice, what ARE we turning into!?!? Reminds me of the people of the Middle-East burning effigies of Bush back in the day...

The world as Antonin Artaud saw it, is coming to pass... We are becoming animals.

treat people like animals, and animals they will become.

That's just what they're doing. They're keepingthem there, for no good reason and it's bound to kick off in the end.

I suppose it does stop the people who were taunting them from the offices getting lynched

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yeah as I said, in my edit there

Most people don't realise it, but this is a form of conditioning... The Police's refusal to let those protestors who've not been irate or violent leave and go back to their 'normal lives' is going to piss them off and cause them to turn on them (the police)

Now apparently a cop has said they "were about to let people leave through one area; but as soon as they began to burn the effigy, he decided they'll be kept longer"

OMG... Can we say DETENTION? "Right class you can go once you're quiet... OI JENKINS! STOP TALKING! - Okay class, thanks to Jenkins you'll be staying another 20 minutes!!"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here's a youtube of them smashing RBS windows.

Also, keep an eye on the #g20 twitter hashtag posts.
hashtags.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The police are going to start pushing and hearding them towards an exit, There are chants in the crowd of "this is not a riot"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join