It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway roars, live from N.Y.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

However, barring him goes against the values of the Western world.

But, those calling for the barring from Canada are representing Israeli interests, not Canadian. And, since when did Israel EVER adhere to the same rules of behaviour that the rest of us are judged by?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Its a moot point.

The specific act of banning him is anti-western. The source of the ban is unimportant... in fact according to your theory, it really explains why the ban is anti-western.

I'm not going to say that Israel plays by the same book, because it doesn't. However abiding by the playbook would have cost them their very existence... you don't simultaneously defeat all your neighbours in battle unless you're using a totally different system of logic and morals (total warfare). In some ways, I respect the Israelis for looking out for themselves and their interests with utmost vociferousness.

Canada should have done the same and stood up for their values

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's hard to think of a more vile, odious individual than "Gorgeous George" as he used to be known for his wild, and highly sex oriented drunken parties.

He has made so many outrageous statements, and supported them with such plausible anti-western sentiments, that it's difficult to know where to start, but his speech in Abu-Dhabi condemning those in the west to "burn in hell-fires" for what they had done in Iraq was perhaps his highpoint (or lowpoint).

He is also a hypocrite, as witnessed by his recent ban on entering Canada, when faced with the same situation in the UK when French National Front leader Jean-Marie Le Pen and Dutch Party for Freedom leader Geert Wilders wanted to enter the UK to present their anti-immigration agenda, Galloway supported the decision to ban them from entering.

He isn't evil himself, but he supports evil, which is essentially the same thing.

I can but hope that one day he gets his just rewards.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Can you provide any links to support these assertions? I'd like to check for myself. I'm not exactly a fan, but he does get a lot of mud flung at him, and it's not all justified.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Anti-western! evil! the only difference is george isn't anti-western or evil...he can back up why in many instances he may be anti-western due to policy or the behaviour of many western countries..while you only have idiocy,emotional drivel and blind nationalistic tendencies to back up your claims.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's THE REAL STORY about this article, in my opinion:

The comments section on the Star's page filled up with comments from Canadians who clearly identified the CJC (Canadian Jewish Congress) as the culprit in this whole affair. The article was about Galloway. A large volume of comments were about Zionist control of Canada's government.

And the kicker - that story is now totally gone from all links around the Star's website. The comments that showed how tuned in Canadians are to the puppetmasters must have really worried them...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Well, found it actually. Buried under the "Toronto & GTA" local news, where it was previously a prominent article on the home page until those comments started flowing in.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

You're right.

Good thing the Globe is still carrying the story.

Tells us something about MSM, doesn't it?

Edit to acknowledge the story still resides buried in the Star website

[edit on 31/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Masqua, I'm glad you started this thread. I'm going to suggest that this is a good time to email one's MP with their opinion on the issue. As I said, though, I'm still waiting for a response. Tories aren't real good at getting back to you, I find.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

They only respond by sending lots of emails pushing any agenda they prefer to discuss, but studiously ignore whatever prompted us to email them in the first place.

Can't say I blame them, though. Wouldn''t want to upset Sweater Steve.

I'm sure this entire Galloway storm will blow over as soon as the next crime bill/infrastructure legislation is announced.

You can bet there wouldn't be any public debate between Galloway and any Canadian minister.

[edit on 31/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masquaYou can bet there wouldn't be any public debate between Galloway and any Canadian minister.

Wouldn't ya just love to see it though? If the way he flayed congress is any example....

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Given the tone of the preceding posts, this might be a good place to post this article on the right wing authoritarian personality, which makes interesting reading.

Enjoy.

And I notice no joy about any proof of Galloway's sex parties and all that stuff... if you want to know about sex parties, why not google "Jeff Gannon" and see what comes up?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I haven't been able to find anything about that particular allegation, although I didn't look for too long...

Galloway may be a pompous ass, but he says what many of us feel about Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and the seemingly untouchable Israeli's.

The MSM have tried to spin everything about him, and smear him in the process, but as his record in suing these publications shows, the accusations are usually without merit.

I have the feeling he was rubbing his hands with glee when Canada decided to make him persona non grata...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski I have the feeling he was rubbing his hands with glee when Canada decided to make him persona non grata...

Ther was a pretty good chat on the CBC's "The Hour". If the link works, you can see his interview with George Stroumboulopoulos (Strombo, to fans). It speaks for itself.
www.cbc.ca...

Jeez...it's a weird day when I find I really miss 'da liddle guy from Shawinigan'

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

You'll find support for everything I said and lots more right here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Retseh

Anti-western! evil! the only difference is george isn't anti-western or evil...he can back up why in many instances he may be anti-western due to policy or the behaviour of many western countries..while you only have idiocy,emotional drivel and blind nationalistic tendencies to back up your claims.

Every single thing I said is verifiably correct, I could have listed lots more of this vile little Trotsky's acts but would have ended up with writers cramp.

Do some reading and get yourself an education on your best friend:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Galloway may be a pompous ass, but he says what many of us feel about Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and the seemingly untouchable Israeli's.

Oh I don't know so much, they seem to get "touched" on an almost daily basis by Qassam rockets.

But no one wants to talk about that, Galloway included, people only seem to get interested when Israel drops a bomb on Gaza.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I believe he's right as his video message is now much more popular than it ever could have been prior to his being barred from Canada.

What would've been a limited venue, with limited Canadian press, is now broadcast to the world!

Canada couldn't have given him a better podium if she'd tried.

How sad.

jw

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Well that doesn't seem to be true to me - and there is nothing about sex parties or any other sexual impropriety in the wiki info...

My point is that there seems to be an awful lot of people in the western world who defend Israel and support economic imperialism, and who get their voices heard.

galloway is presenting the other side of the case, and it's high time that people heard something other than what the zionist lobby's want them to hear.

I don't think anyone really believes that hamas is innocent, but they were elected by the people they represent, and Israels response has always been disproportionate to say the least - there's also the fact that Israeli soldiers have testified to targetting civilians etc, which hasn't been in any MSM publication or news channel apart from a passing mention.

I also wouldn't call Galloway a trotsky-ite - he may be left wing liberal, but I see that as being better than right wing war mongerer.

The fact is that Galloway has been proven guilty of absolutely nothing.

Every allegation has been thoroughly debunked - but the smear campaign continues.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This reminds me of David Ickes visit to Canada. A number of Jewish defence and anti-racist groups complained to the Canadian immigration authorities that he should not be allowed into the country because his theory that the world was being controlled by a race of shape shifting reptiles, capable of taking on human form, was little more than a sham. He really meant that the world was controlled by a Jewish elite and was offensively using the 'Reptile' reference the disguise his anti-semitic intent.

He was detained at Toronto Airport and questioned by two immigration officials. After a couple of hours, they sheepishly emerged and reported that they were in no doubt that when Mr Icke referred to a power elite of shape shifting reptiles capable of taking on human form, he really did mean shape shifting reptiles and no one else.

[edit on 07/21/06 by Fang]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join