It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway roars, live from N.Y.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You're right, I needed more links to support my allegations of his lavish lifestyle, sexual antics, and serial adultery (the reason his Palestinian wife divorced him by the way).

zeppscommentaries.com...

www.useless-knowledge.com...

I think that should cover it, but there's plenty more if you prefer.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

hmmm

It says she "alleged" infidelity (and maybe he was, but since when is that a crime? ) which would put him on a par with a lot of other politicians from all sides of the political spectrum.

The rest is just a rehash of the wiki page.

I note again, nothing about sex parties, swinging or anything else.

I also notice that nothing he has been accused of has been proven or even substantiated.

My view is that he's not as bad as he's painted - the smear campaign also cost the MSM quite a bit of cash.

If you have any REAL proof, I'd be glad to see it, but really there's nothing more than rehashed smear stories in the links so far.

The best link was the wiki one, as it at least reported the facts and gave a bit more of a balanced view.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh Oh I don't know so much, they seem to get "touched" on an almost daily basis by Qassam rockets.

But no one wants to talk about that, Galloway included, people only seem to get interested when Israel drops a bomb on Gaza.

This is not a middle east issue...so I scrapped a really good response to your comments.

The issue here is whether or not Steve should have banned Galloway from coming to Canada. The answer is NO!

This government has devolved from a neo/theo-cracy to an idiocracy, and it's high time they left.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

This is not a middle east issue...so I scrapped a really good response to your comments.

Pity, I'd like to have heard them, and that's also my opinion on Galloway.

As odious an individual as he is, I still want to hear what he says, and I too believe that he should have been allowed into Canada, just as Jean Marie Le Pen and Geert Wilders should have been allowed into his country to speak.

However, if you really want to paint me into a corner, ask me if I think that rule extends to allowing Al Quaeda supporters to preach anti-western hatred in our own countries - because the answer is no.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

If you believe in freedom and liberty then yes al qaeda should be able to say whatever they like in western countries,and that goes for anything else..as long as it is not infringing on the rights of anyone else it should be allowed,seems you only want to see one side of the coin.Of course Al Qaeda doesnt even exist so its a moot point.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
hmmm

It says she "alleged" infidelity (and maybe he was, but since when is that a crime? ) which would put him on a par with a lot of other politicians from all sides of the political spectrum.

Not really, she divorced him on the grounds of "serial infidelity" and the decree nisi was granted on that basis.

If that combined with all the reports of his lavish expenses and lifestyle don't satisfy your zeal over my assertion of him being a partying sex fiend then nothing will suffice and even I didn't suggest swinging (which typically involves your wife).

I also notice that nothing he has been accused of has been proven or even substantiated.

All his statements are a matter of record, and that's the important stuff. He escaped most (but not all) of the allegations of financial impropriety, escaping the more serious oil-for-food charges but being tagged with lying about the source fo funding (Iraqi) for the Mariam Appeal.

My view is that he's not as bad as he's painted - the smear campaign also cost the MSM quite a bit of cash.

If you have any REAL proof, I'd be glad to see it, but really there's nothing more than rehashed smear stories in the links so far.

I would say that the real proof is there in abundance, I'm not sure how you could miss it. He has variosuly been divorced for philandering, thrown out of the Commons for lying, insulted Oxford University students who he thought were all wealthy (not true), and he has travelled to pretty much every nation recognized as a threat to his own and hurled insults (burn in hell-fire, a suicide attack on Tony Blair is morally justifiable, and let's not forget him calling executed Iranian Mehdi Kazemi a "sex offender" and not a "homosexual").

These individuals who pal up with those who seek our downfall is nothing new. The British have had people like Oswald Mosely and now Galloway, we have Harry Belafonte and Sean Penn.

There is a type of "celebrity" who feeds off the attention that being a bad boy brings them, it's the ultimate expression of repressed teenage rebellion. Back then they would have been punks or goths, now they just annoy the "establishment" by siding with their international opponents, whoever that may be.

I still predict that Galloway will one day be hung on his own petard, likely in 2 pieces when he visits the wrong set of "friends".

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
If you believe in freedom and liberty then yes al qaeda should be able to say whatever they like in western countries,and that goes for anything else..as long as it is not infringing on the rights of anyone else it should be allowed,seems you only want to see one side of the coin.Of course Al Qaeda doesnt even exist so its a moot point.

You had best tell that to Osama, since he went to great lengths in a 2001 video interview with Al Jazeera to explain how his organization came to have that name.

If you think it's reasonable to allow someone to enter your country for the purpose of inciting others to destroy it, then you have traversed the boundary between reason and raisin.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So far I'm not getting any reference to the sex parties allegation.

I also remember how the oil-trading allegations surfaced. A reporter from the Daily Telegraph (which has been for many years a well-known mouthpiece for the security services) was on patrol in Baghdad with UK soldiers and he "just happened" to come across the documents supporting these allegations - allegations which turned out to be groundless.

Likewise, when we hear about the "I salute your indefatigability" quote, if you look at the Wiki entry, it says

Galloway's speech was translated for Hussein, and Anasal-Tikriti, a friend of Galloways and a Respect candidate, spokesman for the Muslim Association of Britain said: "I understand Arabic and it [Galloway's salutation] was taken completely out of context. When he said "you" he meant the Iraqi people, he was saluting their indefatigability, their resolve against sanctions. Even the interpreter got it right and, in Arabic, says salutes the stand of the Iraqi people'."

This is the real reason people are down on Galloway: he says things like this:

And I think we can dismiss claims of anti-semitism:

I actually wanted to find an unedited version of the meeting with Saddam, but I couldn't. I think these clips show enough.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Thanks for including those enlightening vids in this thread. What George Galloway has to say on current matters is certainly pertinent to the topic at hand.

There's no doubt the government of Canada chose to attemt to silence him simply because they don't want to be seen as in conflict with his recent statements.

Had they simply allowed him the opportunity to speak, any outcry would have quickly faded away. Now, however, the message that Galloway carries has much more import to Canadians and the Harper government will be paying a heavier price because many Canadians are now hearing him speak for the first time.

I now don't believe this issue is going to go away anytime soon, especially as the G20 is ongoing and, hopefully, Galloway will perhaps be seeing Harper in person at some point during that event.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Looks like George Galloway is still touring America, the land of Free Speech.

Editorial found while searching with key words 'george galloway' and 'jason kenney'.

"Banned in Canada" doesn't apply to plays or movies, but it does signal to the world that there is a new prig in town. And it implies that an audience might want to pay particular attention to any speaker invited to the True North but stopped at our new version of the Berlin Wall.

[snip]

For Mr. Galloway, who has witnessed first-hand, in living technicolour, one of Canada's more inept border policies, there can only be gratitude. The decision to ban him in Canada should prove to be a wonderful promotional opportunity for his ideas as he continues on his U.S tour while sending his increasingly popular talks into Canada by video.

After all, before Mr. Kenny came along to declare him "odious," as he did in an interview with CBC's Don Newman, Mr. Galloway could only have expected a rather small audience of peace advocates and Middle East experts. But now he is "Banned in Canada!"

www.embassymag.ca...

We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

(Oh, wait... we did)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I cant say that I like Galloway all that much . Its not that he is outspoken that rankles me , its the fact that he congratulated Saddam Hussein for his "indifatigability"(spelling?). Thats like patting hitler on the back and saying "Oh yeah , you're a douchebag, but well done for all the military sucesses early on, stonking job old chum."
See Im outspoken. If something makes me angry , or sad, then I tell people about it , and I offer them the chance to voice in unison thier displeasure, or indeed argue the point and try to teach me some new thinking which allows understanding, enlightenment and easing of tension. What THAT prat does , is gab on for hours about NOTHING while managing to alienate large swathes of the population of BRITAIN. Yes, hes a BRITISH parliment member. This leads to the question , what the hell is he doing in the states when theres a economic and therefore diplomatic crisis occuring in our nation (and indeed the world). He shouldnt be off galavanting around the nations of the free world making his self important speeches , he should be in his homeland helping free his own people from the strangle hold of debt by speaking out against the problems HERE on his doorstep. Thats why I dont like him, because hes a liar, and a fake.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
He shouldnt be off galavanting around the nations of the free world making his self important speeches , he should be in his homeland helping free his own people from the strangle hold of debt by speaking out against the problems HERE on his doorstep. Thats why I dont like him, because hes a liar, and a fake.

I'm wondering if the current debt problems we're seeing today are, in many ways, a result of the protracted shooting wars in two main theatres; Iraq and Afghanistan. At the same time there are a number of of other places around the world doing plenty of sabre rattling (Israel/Palestine/Iran/NKorea/NAfrica). Oil and the pipeline transportation of it through contentious areas like Georgia, Ukraine, etc., is also at the root of much conflict in the world. That all cost a lot of cash nobody really has much of to spend.

We can blame whoever we want for the cost of such adventures spiralling out of control, but the bottom line is that the world can ill afford them.

It's time for diplomacy, imo, and the George Galloways of this world need to be heard from. Like him or not, his voice just adds to the overall cacaphony of outcries against the madness birthed from capitalistic greed, political obfuscation and even religious intolerance emanating from all sides.

Trying to silence dissenters of the status quo, whether they are nutbars or not, is never going to be a productive endeavor.

And, on that note, here's some potential news:

OTTAWA - A British MP barred from Canada is considering suing the federal government.
Lawyers for George Galloway say he could file a defamation suit after the government branded him a terrorist. The Harper government says the five-time MP is inadmissible to Canada because he engaged in terrorism and was a member of a group that engaged in terrorism.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You know , I agree with you there. Theres no real brain melter there. I hear that the war on terror costs somewhere in the region of 10billion a year to the US, and an almost as staggering amount to my government. It stands to reason that spending all that money is not going to be healthy. I think the problem is that no one is following who is EARNING from the war, or at least , if they are following it, the information isnt reaching the public in the right volumes to make them understand the sickness inherant in imperialism, and attempting to force other nations to fit a different idiom .
However, while I understand that George Galloway is a campaigner for the anti war movement, I do not trust his motivation in doing so , nor his motivation in doing so in the way that he does it (ie buggering off all over the globe when there are problems here in the UK that he would be an ideal candidate for the fixing of)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Update: May 01, 2009 06:08 PM

British antiwar MP George Galloway, who was denied entry into Canada in March, announced Friday he plans to sue Immigration Minister Jason Kenney over suggestions he supports terrorism.

The defamation notice, the first step in commencing a defamation action, was also served on senior members of two Jewish organizations as well as a top Kenney aide.

www.thestar.com...

I figured Galloway would go through with his threat of a lawsuit and here it is.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to the day this bumbling idiocracy is returned to the minor leagues. I would sooo love to hear Galloway debate any of them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join