It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua, my daughter really liked it, I thought it was ok. I would give it a 7/10 for pure effort, and kids seemed to like it alot. I was amazed that they could pull the story off, and it seems to be that the people who made the movie really worked hard to detail every scene. I liked the background story on the police dog, and the numerous characters that filled the film. I wonder how much influence Cheech Marin had on the story, because it kind of reminded me a a Cheech and Chong movie, except of course no drugs.

I would have like to have rather seen Monsters verses Aliens, but I was overruled.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well I recently saw "The Day The Earth Stood Still." I was expecting alot more actually, I think Keanue Reeves should of had more speaking scenes and it kind of just left me hanging at the end. But all in all it was a decent movie.

I also just saw the new Fast And Furious. Very action packed. If you liked any of the other ones you'll probably like this one too.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Role Models

6/10

It had some laughable moments but I expected more. It felt like a cash in movie to me. I enjoyed superbad much more than this. It certainly wasn't the worst comedy that I have seen, but it wasn't the best either.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I had such low expectations for it that I came out really surprised and satisfied.

The Italian Job: 8/10. Not sure how I never watched this movie before, but I hadn't. Such a great cast and plot. A great action film that wasn't too over the top. I like the idea of such high-stakes robbery without using weapons or guns. No brute strength, just intelligence and wit. Really enjoyed this movie.

With it being a few years old, it was weird to see Jason Stratham in a supporting role.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was going to ask Chissler if it was the original or remake he saw, but he answered it with mentioning the cast. I have seen the remake, but now want to see the original.

My cable pact is up, so I had to get another bundle deal to save money. No more cable movie channels, and my bill does not go up $60 a month!

Here are two movies I did see before the new deal:

Kill the Poor (2003)

www.imdb.com...

The editing was done so this movie was not in order. That type of editing works on some movies, but did not really work on this one. David Krumholtz plays a young man who moves into a squatters' apartment with his new wife in 1982 (a time when the inner cities were still being ignored). Most of the cast is "characters", and they all seem to be the stereotypical ones that are in most independent movies. The major problem with this movie is that it tries to hard to state it is an independent film. 4/10

Fast Food Nation (2006)

www.imdb.com...

I was trying to figure out what this movie was going to focus on, and it tries to focus on everything else but the subject at hand. I also thought this movie was going to be a satiric look at how fast food places are marketed, but it did not really go there either. We are treated to a look at a rendering plant at the end in order to shock us, but I have seen a cow rendered on "Modern Marvels", so the scene did not shock me. I am thinking the makers of this movie are the typical Hollywood liberal elite who want everyone to become vegans. I was hungry for a double Whopper with cheese and a better movie after this crap. The cast was a good one, but wasted terribly. 2/10 Vegans will like this one.

added movie link

[edit on 4/22/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Changeling 9/10. Very impressed because I did not expect the subject matter to interest me at all. First good movie Ive seen in months.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Time Bandits - 10/10

You just can't beat time travelling dwarfs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1eba02c790c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Crank II

Disposable. Flash photography. Jump cuts. The bastard child of Lock, Stock and Reservoir Dogs mixed with Nuclear Assault and speed metal videos from the 90s. I think it's gonna be a cult classic. 9 out of 10. Ridiculous, unnecessary and brilliant. Available from any eye-patch wearing friends near you

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Well I recently saw "The Day The Earth Stood Still." I was expecting alot more actually, I think Keanue Reeves should of had more speaking scenes and it kind of just left me hanging at the end. But all in all it was a decent movie.

i was expecting alot more too, and keanue reeves jus doesnt seem right trying to play a strong silent type. the robot thing was cool though

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
STAR TREK and THE LAST TEMPLAR

Last night I watched the worst movie of all time..The last Templar (on TV as I was going to sleep, so not a choice really)
-1000/10

Complete flipside *STAR TREK*
Paramount made us sign a non disclosure for 2 weeks on it, but I ve heard since that its been lifted so I could have reviewed earlier

We went to the Star Trek Premiere (1st publicity showing world wide) at the Sydney Opera House .
I don't want to say much to ruin it for the trekkies.
I realy liked J J Abrahms 'younger' version.
All I'll can say; it 'aint what your use to with a Star trek! More action, It reminded us of 2 things:

1) The makeover of Bond with Daniel Craig and his less gadgets and more 'hitting people and running around action' approach
2) when it starts you feel as giddy as when you were at the Star Wars Episode 1....but then you stay well pleased with the franchise! Unlike 20 mins into SW!

Eric Bana-Bad Ass!
Spock not as good as Nimoy, but that could never be...(u do get a suprise though)
Story-not much of a story but who the hell cares!!

I really liked it.

8.5/10

It was also really cool going up the futuristic stairs of the opera house to watch it so that takes it to 9.5/10, extra point for atmos!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I saw Team America uncut on Comedy Central

www.imdb.com...

While I appreciate Comedy Central not cutting the film or editing out the language, I had to sit through over an hour's worth of commercials for the privilege. (I miss my movie channels.)
The movie itself spared no one, and the humor was hit and miss. I thought the puppet sex scenes were funny, and wished they had shown more of the crazed Michael Moore. From the creators of South Park, this movie was rude, crude and violent, but mostly funny. 7/10

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Låt den rätte komma in

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e89cd4b9616.jpg[/atsimg]

Heard about this some time ago, but never got around to it until the other weekend...blupblup also gave it a good review so I was down bigtime.

Stayed true to the vampire lore IMO - and that to me is the first validator for these types of movies...

The young lady that plays Eli (Lina Leandersson) kills it (get it, kills it..?) and the her opposite lead does well at potraying a scholl yard victim...

Not too much gore (as far as vamp movies go these days), and it didn't need it...it got to you without the SFX or limb-tearing kills.

Kinda a trippy moment in regards to the history of Eli when they show a body shot that leaves the mind numb for a second or two...

Over all, a really well made movie...recommend it big time. And I heard an American version is due out some time in the future - why..?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"Rachel Getting Married" on PPV.

7/10 I thought it was very well acted, the sister who is the center of the story does a great job. The premise is excellent, but I thought they could have been more creative in the scenes that brought out the conflict of the family. There was also a bit too much of a liberal love fest going on here. I am a liberal, but it got too be too much for me. It seems they could have put less effort into that, and more into exploring the dark side of the mother daughter relationship. Everyone seems to be too perfect except the one girl who is the story.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
WOLVERINE

Liked the Xmen 1st and 2nd movie better, I think seed productions producing this, made it kinda campish.

As a gal, thoroughly engoyed Jackmans torso and Bot Bot that are are both displayed regulalry, well tanned and shiny

Other than that it's just the journey of how he lost his memory, got his jacket, blades and bike.

The other mutant character development is poor as they can't allow him to connect with the teams as he a loner before Xavier gets to him, so it kinda didnt work, hhhm.

Lots of effects, I thought the blades were quite bad CGI, but the rest ok.

The best bit about the movie was the Transformers trailer...now THATS how you make a blockbuster movie....

2/10
1 point for spectacular New Zealand and OZ footage, and the locals crews are really very talented
and I know just how hard they worked on this.
plus 2 points for Hugh Jackass' Abs and arms.

(sorry Chadwickus I know you dig the Wolverine)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I had the unfortunate experience of watching Mama Mia with a bunch of girls. It was terrible, 0/10. I literally wanted to throw something at that tv whenever they broke out into song.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I just finished watching No Country For Old Men which was fantastic. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. It also helps if you've taken the time to read the book by Cormac McCarthy.

Maria that certainly is a fine film and book -have you read 'The Road' by the same author ( hope the upcoming film does it justice).

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
X Men Origins: Wolverine 9/10

Why? because the fighting scenes and dialog were great, And Wolverine said his famous lines such as: "bub" and "I'm the best at what I do, But what I do isn't very nice." Yes the special effects weren't up to par that much and deadpool was uh weird. However in some theaters there was a deadpool ending in which he grabs a katana (now thankfully severed from his arm) and picks up his head. Let's just hope he never shoots laser beams out of his eyes in the deadpool movie. (that is if Ryan Reynolds gets his way and there is one)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I watched "My bloody valentine" ,,,oh my god,....... to think I wasted my life on this........it was BLOODY awful, acting and just everything, it wasnt any good. I hardly give it 4/10 .. the only thing that was good was Jensen Ackles, felt like he saved the move haha ..
but just to tell ,,,,,,,,,,,, new movies.........almost never good

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Locke23]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Recently saw "The Good Earth" a 1930's film on TCM, for the first time. I was pleasantly suprised. A good classic movie, not full of action, but some of the special effects for the time period were quite impressive. One scene has a pair of vultures eating on the carcass of a dog... they were real vultures! B&W.

7.5/10 - a good story, perhaps an overdone story by now.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
War Inc.

I give it 9/10. But I'm biased because Cusack is my favorite actor.

Glad to see Dan Aykroyd back on the screen too. He played a great Dick Cheney.

Great comedy film about how the Military Industrial Complex of the US is being used to 'liberate' the Middle East.

Also throws in some satire about Blackwater, 'Freedom' and American 'Values'.

Great film in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join