It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How weird, just saw The Uninvited and Quarantine last night (one of those Red Box $1 per night rentals...those are actually pretty darned convenient)...

Quarantine had a couple of nice freak out scenes, (and the bit about Rabies had me going to the computer for some quick research afterwards), but didn't care for the ending or some of the execution. I'd give it a 2 out of 5.

The Uninvited was actually better than I was expecting. A nice Shalaman-esque twist at the end, and not the twist I was expecting. I'd rate it as 3 out of 5 (and I was expecting a 2).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I've borrowed Rec and Let the Right One In from a one-legged man with a parrot on his shoulder. Looking forward to watching them in the week. After them for a while and the positive comments gave me the push...

Sounds like a nice chap

But seriously....you won't be disappointed....unless the quality is really bad.
I hate crap quality films....

If the eye-patch wearing guy doesn't have one 'I SO HUNT' for them elsewhere and check the comments section.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by blupblup

I thought the DaVinci code was terrible. How does Angles and Demons compare to it? I can't believe Ron Howard and Tom Hanks are capable of teaming up to make such terrible movies.

I actually preferred the DaVinci code to this..... so that probably tells you something

Angels and demons is pretty bad to be honest..

But then, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
NACHO LIBRE
11/10

I saw it once and thought it funny, but after after watching it again, the pure genius of jack black is evident. We watched it back to back twice and howled.

"hey! mucho take it easyyy"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I actually like Jack Black, but I couldn't get more than 15 min into it (Nacho Libre) before ejecting the cd and taking it back to get a watchable movie...(and I suffered through some pretty bad movies before)....

The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons are pretty much about the same, in my opinion, quality wise.... They're ok, but reading the books is far more entertaining. Luckily, I had read both so long ago that I had forgotten most of the main points when I saw the films (though of course, I knew who the villains were)...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Notorious: I thought this was a well-done film. At the end of it, I was really compelled to listen to more of Biggie's music and hear more of his story. So I'd say ultimately the intentions of those behind the film was fulfilled with this viewer. I've always been a fan of the man's music, but hearing the story of how he "came to be" was entertaining. 7.9/10.

Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past: Man, I fought hard to not go to the theaters to see this one. I can be a sucker for this genre at times so she knows she can drag me out to them from time to time. But I really resisted this one. I cracked tonight and took her to see it. It wasn't bad. Michael Douglas is hysterical in the movie and really made it better in the scenes that he did appear. Typical of the genre. Cheesy at times, the odd laugh and a few scenes where the attempt to bring out some tears but it seems to come up short. This is an entertaining movie though. The girls will like it and the guys can have a laugh with Michael Douglas. 6.5/10

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

GAZ you have to give NAcho a go, first time i watched i thought, hhhhmmm ok, but then the 2nd time it hit me how incredibly funny he is in this.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, I survived the Stupids with Tom Arnold, so I guess I can handle it...I'll give it another shot...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've just finished watching "I Heart Huckabees"- I think it's the 3rd time I've watched this movie, and I love it!!. So a very well deserved 10

[edit on 19/5/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I just finished watching "The Boy in The Striped Pajamas" excellent film I very much reccomend watching it. Very touching and moving film.

Young Bruno lives a wealthy lifestyle in Pre-war Germany along with his mother, elder sister, and army Commandant father. The family re-locate to the countryside where his father is assigned to commandeer a prison camp. A few days later, Bruno befriends another youth, strangely dressed in striped pyjamas, named Shmuel who lives behind an electrified fence. Bruno will soon find out that he is not permitted to befriend his new friend as he is a Jew, and that the neighboring yard is actually a prison camp for Jews awaiting extermination

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Angels & Demons 4/10. A bit better than the DaVinci Code but just like the book superficial and formulaic. The female actress beside Tom Hanks was hardly present as an actress. The four points are for nice visuals.

Gran Torino 7/10. I guess no matter what Clint Eastwood does, it turns out well.

Next up, Terminator Salvation...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

I would give it 3 stars out of 5.

I expected it to be alot more funny that it was, it did have its parts, but it seemed like alot of the movie dragged on.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Planet B-Boy Yep. I loved it. I'd say 8 out of 10.
It's more of a documentary. But definitely worth watching!!!
One thing I really liked about it is it really focuses on the different cultures of B-Boys....Japan (wow), US, France, Korea (the bes, imo), and many many more. How their styles differ, very unique. Battling it out!
I like France's style the best. Only because it seems they have the most fun while they're poppin' n' lockin' it..
If you ask me, who's the best B-Boy in the world?
The one with the biggest smile on his face. Yes.

I still loooooove break dancing. I think I'll be a b-Boy until the day I die.
Knees crackin n' everything. Yeah Boy!

Here's a cool bit which shows the Koreans battling on the DMZ ! I know right?!
RUN DMZ. Ha ha!
Well, the significance is that the b-boys will be in the military soon, which is mandatory. So this is their time to shine, beofre becoming a soldier.
And there's zero dancing allowed in Korean military, that's why they decided to battle it out in military uniform. Dig it.
Anyway...check it out....
(maybe skip forward about 1 minute or so, kinda cheesy intro)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Eraserhead

5 out of 10..

I gave it 5, only because, well, I didn't grasp it on the first attempt.
not many get it on the first run. Some NEVER do..I'm probably one of the latter.
It's an experimental (accent on the mental) movie. Based on what looks like one of Lynch's own nightmares.

I did find myself looking at the clock a few times, waiting for it to get the point.
Maybe there is no point. But at least I watched it once. I may try again at another time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

I was crying at the end so I better give it a 10. A very different kind of love story that, imo, did not have a happy ending. I did think it was a little long but I felt that the movie was ment to be exhausting.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Angels & Demons: I'd give it an 8/10. DaVinci I would have given a 7, so this slightly better score is fitting. A good story, great visuals and I thought the story carried through smoothly. I enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Knowing.

8/10, quite random, enjoyable. Abit long. a couple of amazing scenes, I enjoyed the movie more the days after seeing it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Terminator Salvation...and i ask you: where was my salvation?... from a horror script, overacting by Christian Bale, the poorest of casting in his claire daines replacement girfriend who through a holocost managed to have GHD iron styled hair and a full face of covergirl makeup whilst all the others were grubby.

That said Sam Worthington stole the show, infact he got more scenes than Bale, looks like a another case of a aussie usurping him in a brand name lead role (heath ledger as joker)
I look forwrd to seeing Sam in Clash of te Titans.

In future i will stick to reruns of the first and 2nd termies, they got it right completely.

4/10

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Valkyrie: 8.5/10 Tom Cruise is actually guilty of a decent movie and a solid performance. No cheese, no gimmicks, just an all-around solid performance. I watched this last night and really, really enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Wrestler

I watched the movie last night and love it. Great movie.

I'll give it a 9/10.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join