It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Law's Influence in America a Growing Concern

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

You are too naïve to thing that they can share the same values as you:

A Muslim cleric in Australia has likened women to meat, and blamed them for gang rapes committed by Muslim men:

In a Ramadam sermon in a Sydney mosque, Sheik al-Hilali suggested that a group of Muslim men recently jailed for many years for gang rapes were not entirely to blame.
There were women, he said, who ’sway suggestively’ and wore make-up and immodest dress “and then you get a judge without mercy and gives you 65 years. But the problem, but the problem all began with who?” he said, referring to the women victims.
Addressing 500 worshippers on the topic of adultery, Sheik al-Hilali added: “If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it..whose fault is it - the cats or the uncovered meat? “The uncovered meat is the problem.”

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
yes, immigrants should assimilate, but do we want everyone to be the same here? what are we robots?

what a sad country this would be w/o diversity. too bad it scares so many of you so much.

So allowing Shariah Law to rule in America is "not being a robot"?

What a sad day when people make comments without understanding the topic being discussed, and more so on a topic such as this one.

In the article this man says Muslims should be allowed to follow Shariah Law, which sorry to say is not the same as Catholic rules, or Jewish rules.

Under Shariah Law women are tortured, and killed for stupid things under the rule of "Honor killings".

Women are still stoned to death in Islamic countries where Shariah Law rules, even for just riding in a motorcycle behind another man.

Women are shot in the head, in public if they dishonor the family, which could be by standing too close to another man.

Women can be disfigured with acid on their face if she does not do what the father, or husband does.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes I did watch those videos and yes they're terrible. But I don't think those examples are grounds to judge the average Muslim. I have a unique perspective, considering I live in southern Alberta which is the most racist and ignorant place in Canada, and at the same time the University I go to is overly liberal. I learned about the Sharai from a Muslim professor and learned a lot but then I go out to the bar and just see blatantly racist/ignorant comments coming from everywhere. My room mate in my first year was Muslim, and some of my good friends are Muslim.

All I can say is that these people are against extremists, good citizens but get # on on a regular basis.

Little aside: I can't stand immigrants that can't speak english, its my only requirement.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
What about muslim taxi drivers refusing to pick up blind people with seeing eye dogs ?

Do you have a problem with that ?

There are stupid people all over the world Schaden.

If there was actually someone who did this, then it is not a result of Islam.

It is a result of stupidity.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

I am not judging average Muslims..

Moderate Muslims do no follow Shariah Law. Shariah law for all intents and purposes is ISlamic Extremism, which is what this topic is about.

That man in the article is not a Moderate Muslim, because he follows Shariah Law, and wants for Shariah Law to be implemented in the U.S. for Muslims.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
BTW, I do have friends from Iraq, and Iran, who are Muslims, and are well educated with college degrees.

Moderate Muslims do not follow Shariah Law.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

A Muslim cleric in Australia has likened women to meat, and blamed them for gang rapes committed by Muslim men:

Case in point.

A cleric. Just as I was saying earlier.

Not the average Muslim.

These types definitely need to be eliminated, or at least resisted.

But this should not serve as a catalyst for stereotyping, hating, and demonizing Muslims.

At least I hope not.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

A cleric in Australia a country that is censoring the internet with a blacklist comprising of thousands of "legal" websites. They sort of get what they deserve there don't they?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not to offend muslims, but I think your all a bunch of bomb makers who hate America and freedom and eagles and democracy and children and candy. People find such artful ways to say whats on their mind, and I find the simultaneous attempt to be politically correct and express personal prejudice to be quite funny.

Fox News is just stirring the fear pot again. Muslims are actually far from being a voting block in most of the country, don't have the kind of political ties to use the numbers they do have, and the ones who are pushing for this kind of 'takeover' are to Muslims what fundamentalist Christians are to whites. A fringe that lets religion dominate every facet of their lives, and wishes to manipulate the legal system to enforce their particular brand of faith.

With that said, fundies are more likely to take over then Muslims, but I suspect people would be more okay with that former.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
a country that is censoring the internet with a blacklist comprising of thousands of "legal" websites

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Censor what?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Case in point.

A cleric. Just as I was saying earlier.

Not the average Muslim.

These types definitely need to be eliminated, or at least resisted.

But this should not serve as a catalyst for stereotyping, hating, and demonizing Muslims.

At least I hope not.

Agree with you. Cleric should be eliminated. However, these clerics are preaching the average Muslims and to my knowledge nobody criticised him in the crowed when he mentioned those things.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Oh sorry. I was replying to the quote you had in your post. You can slap me. But to answer your question. Australia is censoring the internet by blacklisting thousands of websites and imposing large fines to any ISP or host that links to them. There are a few threads about this here and I was basically saying that if you are a country that is so oppressing your population and thier freedom of speech and information, that you are a country in decline, moving from a democracy to something far worse. This is the type of "western" country that Islamic extremists can thrive in. There are going to be serious issues there in the near future.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

nope i sure dont. there are going to be 10 behind the muslim who are willing to do it, so who cares?

nice try to pull the heart strings though.

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Animal
yes, immigrants should assimilate, but do we want everyone to be the same here? what are we robots?

what a sad country this would be w/o diversity. too bad it scares so many of you so much.

So allowing Shariah Law to rule in America is "not being a robot"?

WHAT? Show me even a SMALL scrap of evidence that shariah law is ruling america in ANYWAY? Please?

What a sad day when people make comments without understanding the topic being discussed, and more so on a topic such as this one.

I would say the same thing. Like Is aid before it appears to be nothing more than sensationalism. Show me any proof this is taking place and I will jump on board, but I don't see it and surely have not seen any REAL evidence provided here to back up this claim. So from my point of view it is you who don't understand what is being discussed because you have your bigot blinders on.

In the article this man says Muslims should be allowed to follow Shariah Law, which sorry to say is not the same as Catholic rules, or Jewish rules.

in the article the mans says:

"As a citizen, I am a subject of the United States," An-Na'im said. "I owe allegiance to the United States, to the Constitution of the United States. That is not inconsistent with observing a religious code in terms of my own personal behavior."

he does not say that he is above our laws, he just thinks he should have the right to follow his religious laws as well, and honestly SO BE IT.

Ah but then you say:

Under Shariah Law women are tortured, and killed for stupid things under the rule of "Honor killings"...

Women are still stoned to death in Islamic countries where Shariah Law rules, even for just riding in a motorcycle behind another man..

Women are shot in the head, in public if they dishonor the family, which could be by standing too close to another man..

Women can be disfigured with acid on their face if she does not do what the father, or husband does.

yes thee are laws in some islamic countries that are mesed up, but those are not the laws in this country, nor will they ever be. does that mean beacuse in saudi arabia a woman can be stoned that a muslim living in the usa should have to work on ramadan? i think not.

is there any precedent that shows these laws being instituted here in the usa? i think not.

you act as if this is the standard of islamic / muslim traditions. well it is not. plain and simple, again a bigoted misunderstanding.

it is the same thing as christians bombing abortion clinics here in the usa. fanatics suck that is how it goes, no need to make generalized judgments against an entire nation of people you dont understand.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Are you positive about that, don't have my books on me but I was under the impression that they all follow it the same way as all Jews follow ....(forgot their laws name). While not all Jews practice it everyday, technically they are supposed to. The extremists just take it out of context, refuse to realize that 1300 years have passed and the world is different, and change it to their own needs.

Either way if your right I don't understand why they would even talk about establishing it in America, just further alienates them. I think the author of this article is just trying to ruffle some feathers.

Another thing to consider, is that when Islam has spread to new regions, it has incorporated both cultures and comes up with something in the middle. If that is allowed to happen in America I believe only good can come of it. From what I know about the Christianity and Islam is that aside from a few verses here and they are very compatible.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

They will not thrive where there is oppression otherwise they would have taken over China.

They can only thrive in democracies because they have the freedom of speech and rights and all they want to do now is abuse that democratic system to influence the Laws.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

I don’t think that the author of this article is just trying to ruffle some feathers. This is a serious issue that needs to be tackled. You don’t see the importance of this now but then have a look at what is happening in the UK. Their numbers in the UK has grown exponentially and now Muslim extremist are preaching and recruiting on the street and the authority can’t do much about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

So your saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this because they have members of their religion who take it to extremes? The only reason I can think of moderate, rational people not being allowed to preach and join the religion of their choice is if becoming a Muslim turns you into a terrorist the second you touch a Quaran. In which case, touching a bible makes you bomb abortion clinics and hate jews, right?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDustman

I don’t have anything against Muslims and I respect their religion. My concern is the growing Extremism in Islam. We have extremist in other religions, but the topic of this thread happens to be on Muslims.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJones

Are you positive about that, don't have my books on me but I was under the impression that they all follow it the same way as all Jews follow

Yes, i am positive. I have studied all the mayor religions of the world, and I also took refuge with a Buddhist Monk, and for months learned from him about Buddhism, but i never took the vows.

In the same way I studied other religions, including Islam, and Shariah law.

Shariah Law is Islamic extremism. Under Shariah law ALL Muslims must follow it's rules, and the council decides what to do. The council can demand for the killing of a woman, even if her family says she is innocent.

When men kill women under Shariah law they could receive, until recently in Turkey, limited sentences if the killers claimed provocation, which could be 2-5 years, and many honor killers do not even get a sentence all over the world in Islamic countries.

The following is an example of what happens when an Islamic country in which Shariah Law is allowed, but under pressure from the UN, countries like Turkey had to adopt life sentences for honor killings.

Unreported World travels to Turkey to investigate honour killings, which have now reached record levels with more than 200 girls and women killed in the past year alone. The programme highlights a chilling new development in which a new law outlawing honour killings may have led to a huge increase in girls being forced to commit suicide instead.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Now in Turkey women that are seen as having dishonored their families are forced to kill themselves so their fathers, brothers, husbands, or whoever killed her does not get a life sentence.

Even if any of your Muslim friends claims Shariah Law is Moderate, they are lying to you. Shariah Law is not part of Moderate Islam.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So, by your logic, more people joining the faith by personal decision is going to lead to more terrorists?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join