It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys Warships as North Korea Prepares to Launch Missile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

"We either take the necessary actions required to secure ourselves in this existence, or we reap the disastrous outcome which most certainly awaits us if we fail to do so. "

Ahhhh,so thats what weve been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I wasnt aware of that.

N.Korea is the worlds problem,not just the U.S's.
And the U.S does not need another war.
We cant afford the 2 were fighting now!
Especially not in Korea,look how the last one there turned out.
And for those dreaming that it would be simple and some how the U.S would nuke Korea,its not going to happen.

Besides Korea isnt the U.S's greatest threat.
China and Russia pose a greater threat in the future.
And if we could survive them all these years,we should let korea be someone elses problem for a change.

Most definitely, North Korea is a global problem, and not just the United States'. However, who besides South Korea, Japan, and the United States are capable and willing to do anything about them? The best that the United Nations can do is provide "Sanctions", and the population of North Korea is already starving to death, while subsisting on Government housing and aide, so what effect will that have?

As for the Korean War, we had already reigned Victorious, and were on the verge of invading and engaging China, when President Truman performed an act of Cowardice and decided to Relieve General MacArthur of his command, while pulling back to the 38th Parallel. We still had a large number of World War II Veterans in that war, and we were hammering the Communist forces into oblivion, but Politics proved the downfall, as it did in Vietnam as well. I had family serving during WWII, and the Korean War, and you can hardly understand their frustration in light of the fact that we could have prevented there from ever being a divided Korean Peninsula in the first place (We could have prevented there from being a Soviet Union as well, as General Patton warned).

I do fully concur with you that Russia and China pose the greatest threat to us as well. There is absolutely no denying this in the long run. However, we cannot simply focus on those two nations, while completely ignoring threats such as North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, and so forth. If we only focus on the emerging "Superpowers", then we will develop a highly dangerous form of "Tunnel Vision", and we will most certainly become blind sided by another attack, courtesy of another foe. The first rule of any Military situation, is to NEVER underestimate your enemy. What did most Americans and Westerners think of Afghanistan prior to 9/11, that it was simply a backwards Dust Bowl full of Mule riding, Mud hut dwelling, whackos half-a-world away? Look at where that got us. This is no longer a world where threats residing 10,000 Miles away, from small, rogue groups are of little concern, as anyone with a plan and a little bit of dough can board an Airplane or Ship, and be Stateside within anywhere from Hours to weeks.

As for North Korea, there is no need in nuking them, at least not in the manner which you most likely imagine. We can use Tacticals on their Infantry, and that would be the end of the story. We have most certainly evolved far past the Megaton behemoths of yesteryear.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I beg to differ:

www.youtube.com...

There is no joking with communism, I should know, I live in America. This could be something that, maybe, Major Head Games was right about...that whole thing about the next nation to use a nuclear weapon in anger. Maybe. Ed Dames is a quack, though.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Is Kim once again trying to use military force to get what he wants from the UN and the world, or is this something else?

If I was the leader of North Korea, I might want to have a Satellite. All the good countries have Satellites.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yeah, I mean they could be serious. One could only hope that North Korea would realize that they have no chance. I mean they have to realize that right now they have the missile sites to test lunch rockets from. If they really wanted to start something then they would lose all of that. They are just giving the US reasons to take out their nuclear facility's.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The thing is, they don't care if its a real satellite or not, they need something to shoot down, and they will at the drop of a hat... its all part of the "NWO" game, like i said i would bet more then money that the "NWO" had a hand in funding and and backing this just so they could have an outcome, even if it doesn't go into a War, its a steady process they keep going towards there ultimate agenda.. which i fear is coming sooner then even we think

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Joe Biden warned that America's enemies would test Barack Obama with an international crisis within six months if he's elected president

Hmmm, could this be it?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If they try anything, they'll be squished like bugs. It's a very serious matter in wich i approve of the US goverment plans to prepare for this event. Not that i approve all of what the US is doing around the world, but that's another story.

I know that N. Korea doesn't really want war, but they sure have a bizarre way of showing it...

Squished? And China is gonna watch

Second line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Don't know about this situation y'all it certainly has a smell to it who says that the North Koreans have to do anything? they just put the missile out there and have a vague confrontation with either the Japanese or S.Korean navies and the US is about to invade the North much like the Gulf of Tonkin.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I hope their missile launch is successful , and may they have many more to come . Why should I be against them .. am I am to follow the path of general US hatred around the globe for the past 60 years . I would end up hating everyone for some poor excuse to cover up US corporations out exploiting nations and peoples again. So, this time , I choose not to believe the americans again. I bet I will not be sorry or regret that choice . No doubt they are all evil, those koreans , just like the french and the freedom fries .

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

You do know there are two countries residing in the Korean Peninsula? If so, then you should probably research how Norh Korea is ran. Kim Jong is not what people would call a nice man. Hell he proclaimed himself the "Eternal President." Doesn't that say something about him. Plus 25% of North Korea's GDP is for the military. Do you think it's to protect his people? I seriously doubt it. He does it to maintain power and keep his people in check.

If you don't believe me or America, there's the Internet with loads of info. Dig in!

BTW, Im not Korean but 70% of my friends from high school are. Trust me no one would dare live in North Korea. They hate Kim Jong. And they are grateful to be where they are.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by guppy]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It'll probably loop around and fall back on his own country...
He's an idiot.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think Lil Kim will launch the missile in defiance of the world. and there are 3 reason I can think of that he would do it.

1. He knows he on deaths doorstep and just don't care.
2. He is crazy enough to just tell the world to F off
3. He thinks there's about to be an internal coup to remove him from power. so again he don't care.

But there is also the chance that he's bluffing and will at the last minute call off the launch and use the missile as a barging chip to get more money.

So lets say he listens to the voice in his head that says screw it launch the missile. Now either Japan or the U.S. will shoot it down. and that will probably be the end of it. Yeah the North will try to act all big and bad and try and talk tough but at the end of the day that's all it is acting and talking tough.

Now all you guys here that are saying "OH I wish that the U.S. would just stay out of it. the North isn't threatening the U.S." you know damn well that you'd be complaining after the launch if the U.S. didn't do anything so just shut up already you can't have it both ways!

Every time the North threatens the South they Are threatening the U.S. as well. We currently have a crap load of troops stationed in South Korea monitoring the DMZ. Plus we have all those defense agreements we signed with South Korea and Japan So again every time the North Makes a threat
against the south or Japan they are threatening the U.S.

Now whether this test is an ICBM test or a honest attempt to launch a Satellite it really doesn't matter now does it. Either way they can apply the lessons learned in this launch to use on either program.

So now lets say the North launches the missile the U.S. or Japan shoots down the missile and lil Kim decides to retaliate. do yo honestly think he is going to strike at Japan? Nope, he'll strike in the direction that the majority of his force is located and facing. He'll strike at U.S. via South Korea.

Now we all know that the north has all those artillery pieces aimed at the South and all those missile batteries aimed at the South as well. We also know North Korea has Chemical weapons for them as well. But lil Kim also knows that if he uses chemical weapons On the U.S. troops stationed in South Korea that the U.S. will retaliate with Nukes. Lil Kim is crazy but he's not crazy enough to provoke a nuclear response from a country that has used them in the past.

Could this spark WWIII? Yes it is possible that it could spark WWIII but unlikely. Yes China has interests in N. Korea and a divided Korea But at the same time they do not want to go head to head against the U.S. and her allies. And neither does Russia.

The bottom line is the ball is in North Korea's hands. Launch the Missile and risk getting it shot down. retaliate against the South for the missile getting shot down and re-ignite the Korean war.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
yeah yeaah , hating on some country because their leader isn't a nice man . I think we've been down that road before , look at the mess you made of iraq because of that very same notion . If you have concerns about the percentage of the budget spent on defence , I don't really need to tell you where to look if that is a concern , do I . I'm not impressed enough by that mediocre prose to hate them or be alarmed by the usual terrorist bleatings of the americans . You have to remember , only americans truly believe american BS , nobody else does. So you are wasting your time on me .

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
How is this being reported around the rest of the world OP? For the past 24 hours I have heard loads about what our administration is saying and the show of intolerance, but what is the rest of the world saying...

Those missiles could go to many other locations than Alaska. It is not like Kim has said "And they are pointed at Alaska".

The US Authorities have concluded that this missile can hit US territory. Of course it can hit lots of locations but it is American soil the Americans will protect in a preemptive fashion if they must.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

In alot of your posts on this topic you always just go on about "and the world will know the US can shoot down missiles" or "and the US can finally show the world that it can shoot down missiles" etc etc... Why is it so relevant to try and show of? o.O

My take on this is.... nothing, I am not going to base my opinion on an article, which could infact be wrong alltogether. The US don't need their ships there either, since Japan can more than likely shoot them down themself. Everyone needs to stop getting paranoid about a WWIII, and just wait to see what happens on the day.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz

I know that N. Korea doesn't really want war, but they sure have a bizarre way of showing it...

And just how do you know this? I'm not trying to pick on you or anything like that. Rational people don't want war... like you and myself. Those in charge of our countries aren't always rational. Kim is as insane as Hussein was... and Hussein WANTED war with us. Remember... Insane doesn't mean stupid. Korea in the past has used war to blackmail us into sending them aid for years and years. They threaten to make nukes and we say 'hey, don't do that... we'll give you aid if you don't.' They wait until the last minute and then take our aid.

That's how I see Korea anyways.

China wants war with us, but will wait until it is sure it has the upperhand. Russia just doesn't want to appear weak and will do ANYTHING to make it look like a major player.

Just my thoughts... thanks for your post brother.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I would like to know how we can monitor the launch and truly know what is happening?. I believe NK has the right to launch a satellite if it wants, let them. Im not sure if their technology will get it there but they can try. The thing is, if the US or Japan do end up knocking this thing out of the sky we already know what their excuse will be, that the launch failed and was heading for such and such an area. But how do we know that? Is there a way to follow the launch? If the US shoot it down i believe that was always the plan, no matter what press release we get.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is.
Just another example of control freaks running wild.
If NK launches satellites, think how cheap satellite technology will become.
Someone needs to pull these war mongering psycho's up.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The thing is that if somebody is able to launch a satellite, they are certainly capable to create an ICBM. Wether they are launching a satellite or not does not really matter, same technology works both ways.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm sorry but even though i don't like N Koreas government or it's midgit dictator..every nation on this planet has a right to go into space. not just the USA and Europe. however i agree with what people are saying. no harm in keeping an eye on it. Last test they did it spiralled out of control a few secs after launch chances it will happen again are high..

and yes the pawns are in play... Pakistan tensions...N Korea missile "threats", G20 Anarchy riots starting tomorrow till the end of G20,New dirty bomb threats to the UK, US "officials" confirm Bin Laden and his commanders plan a large offensive on allied forces in Afghanistan and a new attack in the US. A lot's gonna come over the next 3 1/2 years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join