It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys Warships as North Korea Prepares to Launch Missile

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Interesting follow up on the situation..

Japan Readies Missile Defense System

TOKYO, March 27 -- Japan ordered its military on Friday to destroy a North Korean missile or its debris, if the launch fails and falling pieces of the rocket seem to imperil Japanese territory.

Japan ordered two destroyers equipped with American-built Aegis anti-missile systems into the Sea of Japan, and said it would soon move Patriot land-to-air missiles to the country's northern coast, over which the North Korean rocket is likely to fly.

They emphasize that these resources are being put in place if the missile has an accident and the rocket or debris threatens the country.

US S.Korea and Japan officials are supposed to meet today in Washington to further discuss the planned launch by the North Koreans.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

They could air burst a nuke, just to show they can. Rocket goes up and gets altitude. Bang!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

and yes the pawns are in play... Pakistan tensions...N Korea missile "threats", G20 Anarchy riots starting tomorrow till the end of G20,New dirty bomb threats to the UK, US "officials" confirm Bin Laden and his commanders plan a large offensive on allied forces in Afghanistan and a new attack in the US. A lot's gonna come over the next 3 1/2 years.

I tend to agree with you there.
I am fasinated and puzzled at the same time why you put a 3 1/2 year time frame on it.

I keep getting this feeling that that will be the length of the battle and then a further 3 1/2 years after that something else will be in place.

Could you explain your reason either on the open forum or via U2U as I would like to know your reason.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

[edit on 27-3-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Remember when we said we'd help them if they gave up their nuclear program? guess what, we lied lol. we left them starving and no power to run their refrigerators. you think they'd listen to us again? NO WAY IN HELL.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me, in case I missed anything, why this missile, sattellite test, whatever, needs to leave N. Korean airspace?

I mean, if its a satellite test, like they say it is, then surely its going to be fired straight up, into space? No need to divert over Japanese/whoever's airspace surely?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
North Korea has PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED launching of a satellite WELL BEFORE the launch date INTERNATIONALLY.

If there was a deviant plan then they wouldn't disclose to the whole world that they were about to do something bad.

The comments on this thread and ATS in general have truly reached a pitiful low where people who 'think' they know what is going on fall for US imperialistic NWO propaganda everytime.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Jinni]

Jinni, it very well could be that the NWO is behind this. Though, You sound so sure of it is ridiculous! There is no evidence that shows Kim is connected with the NWO.

Btw you said "If there was a deviant plan then they wouldn't disclose to the whole world that they were about to do something bad", you are clearly someone who does not know much about crazy dictators. That doesn't mean we have nothing to worry about... First of all, I don't think Kim made the announcement for nothing. I think the only reason he made that announcement was to say if you try and shoot this down, we will destroy your country... in so many words. Which should be very worrying to you and everyone else. Second, he is a deceiver, like any dictator. This shows that he very well may be using reverse psychology and wanting people to play it down... knowing that even if he didn't make an announcement American, South Korean, or Japanese spys and spy satellites might have already determined they were going to launch a missle anyway.

These things have too many variables to be as confident as you. All one can say, is this is one of the gravest dangers the world has seen... NWO or not.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by sliceNodice]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
.......surely just precautionary???

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
.......surely just precautionary???

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
WWIII? False Flags? there is a reason behind this... and an event will come out of it that is for sure, I'm not saying right away, its a slow and steady process, but this will be a big base for what comes next..the pawns are in play

I doubt this will lead to World War 3. Mostly because no one wants to admit to helping NK and no one wants to admit taking help from NK. If this does happen, no one will get involved. Not even the Chinese.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The launch trajectory and flight path would probably extend far past N Korean's airspace. For exp. If I remember right, A shuttle launch from Cape Canaveral flight path would have a angled trajectory with sub-orbital entry somewhere over the mid-Atlantic Ocean.

Perhaps one of the smarter posters could explain this?

en.wikipedia.org... - Sorry its all geek to me.

Originally posted by jimi
Can someone explain to me, in case I missed anything, why this missile, sattellite test, whatever, needs to leave N. Korean airspace?

I mean, if its a satellite test, like they say it is, then surely its going to be fired straight up, into space? No need to divert over Japanese/whoever's airspace surely?

(Edit: orpital to orbital. )

[edit on 27-3-2009 by msnevil]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC

They could air burst a nuke, just to show they can. Rocket goes up and gets altitude. Bang!

LOL, that would be great. Then as soon as Kim Jong watches the big bang, he might as well shoot himself in the head because he will be a dead man within a year.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
i would bet a whole lot more then money, that not only did this "NWO" back but also fund this missile, only for us to shoot it down, and set the pieces in motion.

its been done throughout all of history, backing both sides, fueling both sides of the fire to get the agenda that they want

Really? Ill take that bet.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm going to be the first person to say this and if you look at my thread history this is something I NEVER do.

NOTHING will happen.

The reason is because the time has come for the world's opinion to change. The NWO will never come into power.

It's over.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wait! Just a few what ifs......

What if this missle is armed with one of Kim's dirty little nukes and it's actually intended for a different target? Let's say Taiwan for instance! How would that play out? How could China or the NWO benefit from this type of senario?

Haven't yet thought this through myself. Any comments?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by palg1]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is a article I find interesting,

www.focus-fen.net...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

to overly simplify it. when you launch a rocket into space you want the rocket to be traveling at an angle towards the direction of orbit. that way you use the force of gravity to help turn the rocket to follow the curvature of the earth and use less fuel reaching orbit.

If you just launched the rocket straight up you would expend more fuel and lose more thrust "turning" the rocket to follow the curvature of the earth and risk not reaching orbit.

So if you want an object to orbit the earth in an equatorial orbit you tilt the launch rocket to the east or west shortly after launch.

If you want your object in a polar orbit you tilt your rocket to the north or south shortly after launch.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Let's us not fool ourselves.. the current North Korean missile crisis is all based on the premises of "We Believe"... just listen to the Administration and media. Remember panama invasion and the Iraq war ?

Why can't NK have a satellite ? The reason why NK is what it's today is US forces being in SK, and with all those boycotts and sanctions. The USD100 bill "super note" was another case without proof presented.. only accusations. With news, movies and tv drama (CSI) further enforcing that notion. This was enough to further add further economic sanction on NK... and we blame NK to be a hermit nation ? Not that I like Kim or even Castro, but sometimes they too have their moments of reaction.

That said, US loves nothing than having a few Bases in NK, pissing off Russian and China. You know... maintaining the military balance there, with US and vassals being the dominant one. If you even call that "balance". Just read and listening to News these days numbs my intelligence.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I read somewhere or heard it from a friend that they (US CORP, Japan) would know within 10 seconds whether or not the missile is for orbit or a land-based target. Roll the dice on this one, or flip a coin, becasue although we cannot see into the future, a keen assessment can be made by simple data collection.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

What you have stated makes SENSE. KIM SEES WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE NWO. I THINK HE IS TRYING TO SHOW HIS COJONES.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join