It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys Warships as North Korea Prepares to Launch Missile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

US Deploys Warships as North Korea Prepares to Launch Missile

www.telegrap h.co.uk

The US has deployed two warships with anti-missile capabilities in the waters off Japan as tensions mount over North Korea's plans to test-fire a long-range ballistic missile capable of striking Alaska.

The deployment comes as America, Japan and South Korea threaten North Korea with 'serious consequences' if it proceeds with plans to conduct the missile test in defiance of a 2006 UN resolution.

North Korea, which has informed international agencies of its plan to fire the missile between April 4 and 8, says the launch is a "satellite test" which it is entitled to make under international law.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
According to the article it states that the North Koreans have assembled 2 stages of 3 stage Taepodong-2 missile, and that it could be ready to fire within 4 days.

Is Kim once again trying to use military force to get what he wants from the UN and the world, or is this something else?

Japan has already said they will shut down any missile fired by North Korea, and North Korea has responded that they will retaliate if their missiles are destroyed.

I guess we are going to have to wait and see what comes from this.

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
WWIII? False Flags? there is a reason behind this... and an event will come out of it that is for sure, I'm not saying right away, its a slow and steady process, but this will be a big base for what comes next..the pawns are in play

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If they try anything, they'll be squished like bugs. It's a very serious matter in wich i approve of the US goverment plans to prepare for this event. Not that i approve all of what the US is doing around the world, but that's another story.

I know that N. Korea doesn't really want war, but they sure have a bizarre way of showing it...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
WWIII? False Flags? there is a reason behind this... and an event will come out of it that is for sure, I'm not saying right away, its a slow and steady process, but this will be a big base for what comes next..the pawns are in play

I doubt Kim is part of the NWO. He is just a dictator who wants to show the world he has some power. He is just like a spoiled little kid with a new toy, and i am certain there are dozens of other similar dictatorships which are not in the NWO, and don't want to be.

Perhaps this is the reason why Kim is doing this, because the NWO is showing it's cards, and it is getting ready for a One World Government, One World Economy, and of course Kim wants to be a dictator himself, instead of someone else being the dictator.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I doubt Kim is part of the NWO. He is just a dictator who wants to show the world he has some power. He is just like a spoiled little kid with a new toy, and i am certain there are dozens of other simialr dictatorships which are not in the NWO, and don't want to be.

Perhaps this si the reason why Kim is doing this, because the NWO is showing it's cards and that it is getting reading for a One World Government, and of course Kim wants to be a dictator himself, instead of someone else.

could be mate, but you can't deny that openings like this are just what this "NWO" want, for more war, more fear, more control, and then you can't deny that nothing is coincidence anymore, its all been planed and staged..

regardless if Kim is part of it or not, if we shoot down the missile, it just puts everything in motion

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Declining decadent regimes plunge their nations, headstrong, into farcical wars in order to prolong their reign. This is nothing new.

This cat and mouse game could end without chaos or a blood bath. If North Korea is serious, then the ceasefire will break and the worlds longest war (remember, the Korean War never ended) will resume.

Obama's facetious romance of tea party's with dictators seems bankrupt and redundant now.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I doubt Kim is part of the NWO. He is just a dictator who wants to show the world he has some power. He is just like a spoiled little kid with a new toy, and i am certain there are dozens of other similar dictatorships which are not in the NWO, and don't want to be.

Perhaps this is the reason why Kim is doing this, because the NWO is showing it's cards, and it is getting ready for a One World Government, One World Economy, and of course Kim wants to be a dictator himself, instead of someone else being the dictator.

I agree

[edit on 26-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i would bet a whole lot more then money, that not only did this "NWO" back but also fund this missile, only for us to shoot it down, and set the pieces in motion.

its been done throughout all of history, backing both sides, fueling both sides of the fire to get the agenda that they want

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How is this being reported around the rest of the world OP? For the past 24 hours I have heard loads about what our administration is saying and the show of intolerance, but what is the rest of the world saying...

Those missles could go to many other locations than Alaska. It is not like Kim has said "And they are pointed at Alaska".

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Squashed like bugs? the only thing you could do is drop a nuke and that is just wading into uncharted territory for geo-politics in the 21st century.Land invasion.. your having a giraffe,not going to happen.South korea would be a smoldering heap before any country could get themselves together.I think if it does get shot down N.Korea wont act anyway..but if they did say bye bye to Seoul atleast.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. is stepping up rhetoric as well.

U.S. Threatens N. Korea with Harsh response

The director of national intelligence said Thursday that North Korea would risk international condemnation and possibly worse if it goes ahead with a planned rocket launch the U.S. considers a front for a ballistic missile program. Intelligence chief Dennis Blair's comments, reported by Reuters, came as the State Department called North Korea's pursuit of nuclear weapons a "real and immediate" danger following Pyongyang's threat to restart its weapons-grade nuclear program. North Korea was preparing to fire what the U.S. believes is a long-range ballistic missile, and warned the United Nations that it would reconstitute its nuclear weapons program if the world body took any action to punish it for the launch. Pyongyang claims the rocket carries a communications satellite. A State Department spokesman said Thursday the declaration was against the interests of peace and that no nation thinks the launch is a good idea. "This provocative type of action would not go unnoticed," said acting deputy State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid, without commenting on a possible U.S. response. "

Mod edit; trimmed down quoted material

[edit on 3/26/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well..

They did go outta the way and tell the UN, first time ever in advance, about the launch and stated once is reached the stratosphere it would then disengaged 2 thrusters over japan, so there would be no hostilities.

Part of the plan?

Something tells me that 04/04/09 will be a date to remember.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is some pretty scary stuff. It seems like the more i read the worse it gets. the news sugar coats everything, i wish people could just be honest.

Im only 19... i have so much left to do! this can't be the start of WWIII!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm really hoping this is just more saber-rattling on N. Korea's part. This game is getting pretty old, but what can you do? They do something threatening, and the world pays them a nice little bribe so they calm down for a while. And then they do it again. I'm just hoping Kim Jong Il isn't sick, and planning to "go out with a bang". I don't think he gives a fig about his people, hopefully someone in his regime will keep him from doing anything really stupid.

I have family in Seoul, and Seoul would be wiped off of the map in the first few minutes if N. Korea decides to say "what the hell, let's go for it." Seoul is a wonderful city.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. That is the week of the G20 conference, Obama's 1st. It is also the time foreshadowed by Biden and Colin Powell as a time of trial for Obama via the european bankers. It all seems too convenient, but typically NWO style.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Kim Jong..... point the missile at Shrewsbury, Pa. It's already a hole in the ground crawling with infected putrified waste, so not much will change. At least no REAL people will be killed then.

seriously, I kid.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is such crap.

One korean missile is absolutely no threat to any nation in the area. it could be shot down instantly if deemed to be on an unsafe or threatening trajectory.

We need to cut the crap, pull the ships back, and grow the hell up.
We are heading for a major asskicking if we keep threatening other nations in this manner.

I hate this country and it's threatening approach toward everything.

We could have made nice with north korea a long time ago if not for our *SNIP* threatening posture toward everything and everyone.

Mod Edit: No profanity please

[edit on 3/26/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
WWIII is NOT going to come from this. sheesh you people are paraniod. Everytime something like this happens you people come out of the woodworks and yell WWIII! Calm Down

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about it. *EDIT* The last time they fired a similar missile, it failed *EDIT*

If it does work however, which I doubt, and is on a heading the US doesn't like, the Aegis ships will warm up their SM-3's and have a crack at it.

For reference:

Aegis Ballistic Missile Defence

Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Testing Record

If that does happen, I'm not entirely sure where the escalation might go...

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Vector J]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join