It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to block avatar image.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by uplander

I just can't stand the avatar with the two women and that filthy gross disgusting tentacle sticking out of ones mouth.

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by andy1033

I found it offensive too, and mentioned that to the person one day. Being part lesbian, the image is disturbing.

Part lesbian, is that bisexual? I'm not lesbian or part lesbian, but if I was, I'm not sure I'd find the image disturbing, but rather intriguing, that someone with a tentacle instead of a tongue might be able to do things with a tentacle that no human could do with a tongue.

I noticed some Japanese anime has a fair amount of tentacle obsession, so I guess some people are into tentacles.

None of those really bother me, but I read about people posting in chat rooms about committing suicide and people reporting that and authorities intervening before the suicide happened. So when I see avatars with apparent suicidal themes,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have to wonder if there's something I should be doing to help the person. As long as the person is OK it doesn't bother me, but it does make me wonder if the person is really OK or not.

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by poet1b
Hmmm, and your avatar is a female holding a gun with a cheesy grin, what does that mean?

Oh goody, a quiz!

It means

1. I am the female in question.
2. I have a very unsuitable crush on the female in question.
3. I am male, and 'still young enough to be driven by testosterone'.
4. I am a lover or ironies and contradictions.
5. All of the above.

Pick one!

The only thing I'm sure of, is that the answer is NOT #5!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Is it because of me?

lol *comf* I like!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've got a really "nice" gif of a bit from the movie Scanners where the guys head blows up, but I'm pretty sure it'd be too explicit.

reply to post by Wookiep

You'd admit to being a drummer???

reply to post by Arbitrageur

I'm not sure that the avatar in question is "suicidal" - many times I've seen that hand gesture made in a joking fashion.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Speaking of avys, I love your Powder avy. I rewatched the movie a couple of weeks ago with my teenage daughter. I liked it even better than I had remembered and she loved it too.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Avatars are interesting. Some speak more truth than a thousand posts. Or a thousand written lies.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yes I agree, some avatars are very annoying and some are just plain ugly. I have seen one which has menacing red eyes, but it looks painful and that’s why I don’t like looking at it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I am curious. What does it mean to be part Lesbian? Just wondering. Curious guy here.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ah, my two pesos? This thread is silly. I don't care what someone looks like as long as they add something which makes since, or possibly gives me a different perspective. Hey, I like looking at women!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Okay,I do really like your avatar but I am so glad I just found out you can stop them moving by pressing the escape key!!

I don't think I would not want to see avatars as I too sometimes recognize people from their avatars first and user name after.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
You know, I have thought this exact same thing many times. Sometimes I am shocked by the avatars and I really just leave the whole thread instead of having to look at something offensive to me.

Just my opinion.

Just for a point of information:
The Freedom of Speech rights means that you have the freedom to express your opinion (at least within ATS guidelines), at least as much as someone's avatar is protected by that very same right (again, within ATS guidelines).

Of course, what many extreme left-wingnuts fail to understand is that each & every right enumerated under the law carries a personal responsibility to not violate anyone else's equal rights...In which case, that's why they seem to be so "ban happy" about anything they don't like to see or hear. Thus is the thought-process behind the "politically correct" movement.

And yet, there's also a "flip side" to the Freedom of Speech...And that's the freedom to ignore it. You seem to be trying to take the latter course here, in trying some way to ignore it instead of asking that the Mods take action against the avatar that offends you & I can respect you for that.

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I am curious. What does it mean to be part Lesbian? Just wondering. Curious guy here.

In my case, I think I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body...If that helps you any...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yeah, I was accused of being a "satanist" (whatever that means) by one of the members here. Perhaps it was my avatar?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

You'd admit to being a drummer???

That was funny! Thanks for the laugh.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join