It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy is scaring me. .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Even though we already know this country is in a state of economic crisis... I have a feeling that before we know it, we will face absolute economic collapse.

I see it already, every day. More and more people with well paying jobs are now settling for minimum wage jobs, thus younger people are not getting the same jobs they would've been able to get just a few years ago. I myself have worked many jobs, and yet in the last few months, I have looked everywhere for a job and not one person has hired me. I'm already feeling the effects of the economy and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse from here.

With younger people not able to get the min. wage jobs because older people with more work experience are being forced to work those jobs, college aged students are going to have tremendous debt from schooling etc that they won't be able to pay off. We will see more foreclosures than ever before because people who were making a tremendous amount of money and could afford the nicer homes are losing their jobs more and more every day, and the payments for their homes will stop. We will see more homeless and crime than we've seen in a very long time. Many stores will close due to the fact that most no longer have spending money, and because of that many more people will lose their jobs.

I don't think people truly understand how dangerous an economic collapse would be, and how it would effect every single person in the u.s., as well as other parts of the world due to slower production in the u.s. for the countries that rely on our goods.

If we don't do something about it soon, things will only get worse from here, and fast.

I can only hope we can get past this instead of letting it be the first stage in bringing this country to its end.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That's why you should've refinanced your home with Ditech,

because "people are smart" HAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
On a more serious note, economic squalor is upon us and will get a lot worse.

Being a broke college student, well, I'm gonna just have to hang on to my seat I guess..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its a shame. Everyone I know is in such financial trouble, and yet we still sit back and do nothing about it.

We are watching this country fall... and we are accepting it as our future.

I just dont understand why. The government cant do anything to help, its too late and we dont have the funds anyways with our defecit..

Are we going to let this happen until its become so bad we can never recover, or are we going to be strong and try and do something about it?

The people who created change in this country (martin luther king, harvey milk, etc) did so in a belief that they COULD change things, and they werent going to stop until that change happened.

Are we all so afraid of the consequences of standing up to the government that we are going to watch the country crumble right before our eyes?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I am happy to see that at least,someone young and smart and beautiful like yourself is even noticing this...so MANY are not and seemly do not care.It drives me crazy to see and hear their ignorance.

You are right I do believe and it's probably going to get worse before things improve but I believe that as long as people continue to "try" as a whole that we will eventually work this mess out.

Hard to do though when "we the people" have so little say or control,I know.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The thing is, we do have control! We can create change without the help of the government who cannot help us in this issue. Money doesnt come from the sky, how is the government going to help us when they dont have the money to?

We have to do it ourselves, by forcing huge corporations to shut their doors and having it go back to mom and pop shops.. where people can more easily have their own businesses and incomes and not rely on these corporate jobs which are impersonal and can fire you without even one days notice.

We CAN change things... we just have to start realizing it and start doing something to create that change.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
OP, you are about two weeks too late with this thread.

according to the MSM, your feelings of fear should now be replaced with a renewed confidence and relief.

the worst is behind us...now go out and spend!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
OP, you are about two weeks too late with this thread.

according to the MSM, your feelings of fear should now be replaced with a renewed confidence and relief.

the worst is behind us...now go out and spend!

YEAH! Behind us - of course it is!
Don't you just love the MSM?
Did they tell us yesterday on last nights news that
on that day alone - there were more than
20,000 people Laid off...
and today isn't looking much better...?
Ridiculous and embarrassing.

www.layoffdaily.com...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I almost feel as though all of this was planned.

It seems like everything unfolded so quickly and so easily simply overnight.

Is the government doing this to us on purpose?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
you ain't seen nothing yet,...it isn't just OUR country, but the whole world, it will take a world war to "solve" the problem...hmmm NWO here we come

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
yeah i definitely see that on the horizon... all of these things are starting to come together and there is going to be some huge world disaster in our future.

I just feel it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

It was not overnight.
No one thought it was important enough to talk about until it was too late.
We never get the real scoop.
It's why the population must learn how to shift into self-sufficiency.
There will also be good things that come from this.
Although - not so easy to see from this place - at this time -

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think it's foolish to think otherwise. I don't know that our government was in on this, but the Federal Reserve and the Banking institutions have been engineering this collapse for years. We should have burst big-time back in 2000-2002, but the Fed's decision to lower interest rates created this artificial bubble.

The bankers exacerbated this delima by introducing "creative business ideas", aka layers of speculation. The very concept of derivatives in insane, period. Why would anyone in their right mind insure failed institutions? Why would they put their company in the same boat?

The world's finances have been hijacked by psychopaths in suits. The stock market is a sham. It's a means for the psycho-brilliant elitists to steal from the meek majority.

I don't think that the government wants to run America into the ground and steal from everyone, but I think America has been robbed at gunpoint. I think the elitists are collaborating with the Federal Reserve and the Fed is demanding these actions of our government.

I don't think our government is run by congress, or Obama. It's run by those who print the money, and those who hoard it.

If we want out of this mess, we need to be open. Accountability, responsibility, truth, and justice. Until the Fed is dismantled, and the people print their own money, we're just gonna keep falling off this cliff. Not only this, but new measures must be put in place. Open checks and balances. Do away with "brilliant" practices that defy common-sense and work against the majority.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
good points, I agree.

I feel that the people who do the most damage to us, are the ones we dont know about. The people who keep a low-radar and are behind the scenes.

It isnt the president, or the people we see on television.

Thats what scares me.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I feel your pain and desperation!!! I am of the opinion that what the government is doing is only delaying the inevitable collapse, and if anything, is setting us up for an even more DIRE situation in the end. Instead of a collapse and the handful of years it would take to rebuild and restructure our economic system, our loving federal government is setting us up for the absolute destruction of the dollar and probable hyperinflation. Think Germany pre-Nazi regime kind of hyperinflation....that's what i'm talking about. I think that the evidence available suggests that this is a purposeful collapsing of the economy in order to institute global control over economic policy.

Scary thoughts I know. Buckle up!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes I think the government really is setting us up for something we cant imagine at this point.

I'm already seeing all over the news that other countries are in talks with america about getting rid of the u.s. dollar and converting to a world currency.

Things are already in the process of happening, yet no one seems to notice or care.

Us people are not the ones responsible for the economic crisis, its the government, and they are going to sugarcoat whats really happening as much as possible because they dont want us to know what damage they have really done to us.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

It was not overnight.
No one thought it was important enough to talk about until it was too late.
We never get the real scoop.
It's why the population must learn how to shift into self-sufficiency.
There will also be good things that come from this.
Although - not so easy to see from this place - at this time -

It's very simple. People want to believe in the American Dream but now it appears those who have realized that dream turned other's dreams into nightmares, some even without any chance of turning it into "The Dream" again. People don't want to see.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have to think that there are puppets that have been placed in the past 7 or 8 administrations, including the current one, to allow for such a debacle to occur. Consider this--Get your puppets in the administration and also in positions of influence in Congress, get them to kick down doors for your agenda(deregulation of trade laws, limit certain "inalienable" rights), and when the time comes, when the American public feels weak and voiceless, jam that agenda right down their throats by any means necessary.

I hafta say though, I think that we are at least partly to blame in that we have stood up and done virtually NOTHING to stop this whole fiasco from happening. It grows more and more apparent that writing letters, signing petitions, sending emails, and voting hasn't done a damn thing for us.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just go with it there is nothing you can do about it anyway.

No point in being scared that's what they want.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join