It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy is scaring me. .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
im not scared of the government and what they are doing, it scares me more that we ( americans ) are doing absolutely nothing to stop it, when we CAN.

its all the people who think we cant , and say we cant, which stop everyone from doing something to change things.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

We are definitely partially to blame. Thing is, most people don't know better. Most people are not articulate, or insightful enough to see that they've been fooled until all is lost.

On the other side, the banking institutions, corporate Ceo's, financial guru's, etc...know exactly what they're doing! They are much MORE to blame. If I go out and buy an SUV that I can't afford, that is my bad, and it effects me directly, and does very, very, very little for the economy as a whole.

The people who set up these sub-prime mortgage ideas have an agenda. I refuse to believe that those in high-level business positions are of below-average intelligence. Those who make these policies are much more at blame, as their decisions to loan those who clearly should not be loaned, has a huge effect on our overall economy.

Everyone is to blame. Some MUCH more than others.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
im not scared of the government and what they are doing, it scares me more that we ( americans ) are doing absolutely nothing to stop it, when we CAN.

its all the people who think we cant , and say we cant, which stop everyone from doing something to change things.

Agreed! The problem is, most Americans are still too busy going about their everyday lives to dig any deeper than what the television tells them. And even then, when we have msm people reporting on what is happening with all of this TAXPAYER funded bailout BS, they'll still just lay there on the couch complaining. We need to be UNITED out in the streets marching on state capitals across the country! We need to shut the whole system down and let them know just how pissed off we are.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thats another thing too.

With all the loans and mortgages given to people for homes, college, cars, etc... we are pretty much being set up to fail. We didnt know we would have an economic crisis with huge amounts of job loss, so now we arent able to pay the bills for those loans and the interest from it will sky rocket, and people arent going to be able to pay it off, further increasing the debt to the country.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Most certainly, the whole market was engineered to pump it for all it's worth. Now that anybody rich and in the know has likely invested most or all of their money in real viable assets, they are going to smash the economy to bits, rebuild it, and rule the world over the average citizens. We The Peons.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Agreed! The problem is, most Americans are still too busy going about their everyday lives to dig any deeper than what the television tells them. And even then, when we have msm people reporting on what is happening with all of this TAXPAYER funded bailout BS, they'll still just lay there on the couch complaining. We need to be UNITED out in the streets marching on state capitals across the country! We need to shut the whole system down and let them know just how pissed off we are.

I couldnt agree more.

this is a time when people need to become united for once and stand up for an issue that is affecting every single person in this country, as well as many parts of the world.

there couldnt be a better time for us to unite and stand up for ourselves

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Clear as day!!

I think there's some sort of brainwashing going on when people spout out this stuff. It's much easier to attach to the idea that we're just hopeless, so that we can remain ignorant and lazy. I hear this a lot when talking to people about this subject. It does disgust me, but I internalize my frustrations, and just keep speaking the truth until they decide to stop listening. Eventually, things will get so bad that the foolish masses will have to look around and see what's really going on. Eventually, we will be looked upon for our insights, ideas, and words of wisdom.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Clear as day!!

I think there's some sort of brainwashing going on when people spout out this stuff. It's much easier to attach to the idea that we're just hopeless, so that we can remain ignorant and lazy. I hear this a lot when talking to people about this subject. It does disgust me, but I internalize my frustrations, and just keep speaking the truth until they decide to stop listening. Eventually, things will get so bad that the foolish masses will have to look around and see what's really going on. Eventually, we will be looked upon for our insights, ideas, and words of wisdom.

exactly.

anyone can create enormous change, but no one is willing to make the first move.

we can make that first move, and yet we wait..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. It's incredible, you can spout all of these facts or daily news items that SHOULD scare the bejeezus out of anybody with half a brain in their head, and yet you get the *Shrug* or the *I don't like politics* rebuttal. RIDICULOUS!
I personally find politics utterly boring, but it's important to know what the hell is going on in our world. It's not just politics, these are both national and international affairs that concern the future of us all.
This is why I like ATS, at least i have some like-minded acquaintances here that I can cry to every so often

Edited to add that I am friending you both, Unity and Calihan

[edit on 25-3-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I am not sure, what is it you think we can do now to stop or change any of this? You know the old saying "it is what it is" well it fits now more than ever. The crooked G-Men had their hand in it but American citizens played their part too. For years, you included I am sure, we received an offer probably everyday in the mail from one of the big banks wanting to open an account for us. Heck everything we have we don't really own anyway, most everything in America is bought with "credit" and the credit has dried up. We are going to have to learn to live within our own means now.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I've never personally owned a credit card, even when I was a kid it seemed like a big fraud to me.

I think you have the wrong mindset here. Don't you even want to TRY to salvage this once great nation? We can affect change if we work together, it's just going to take a LOT of us to do it. I'm not talking riots or something like that, i'm talking the kind of movements similar to the civil rights movements of the 60s. It can happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I am not sure, what is it you think we can do now to stop or change any of this? You know the old saying "it is what it is" well it fits now more than ever. The crooked G-Men had their hand in it but American citizens played their part too. For years, you included I am sure, we received an offer probably everyday in the mail from one of the big banks wanting to open an account for us. Heck everything we have we don't really own anyway, most everything in America is bought with "credit" and the credit has dried up. We are going to have to learn to live within our own means now.

i completely agree. credit is useless to us now. but, in order to live within out own means we need to find a way to bring down the huge corporations which don't pay their employees enough money, fire them on the spot and give them no time to look for another job etc. .

I mean walmart definitely has to go. All of those corporations , sams club, kmart, target, etc. .

we need to go back to having small businesses, so it is easier for the average person to create their own business and not have to compete with the big corporations which have cheaper goods because they pay close to nothing to the people abroad making their goods.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Its a shame. Everyone I know is in such financial trouble, and yet we still sit back and do nothing about it.

We are watching this country fall... and we are accepting it as our future.

I just dont understand why.

The economic situation scares me too, but honestly, I have no idea what I can do to make any kind of difference. While I still have a job, I go to work. When I'm not working, I enjoy my time off. I've been trying to keep myself informed about what's happening in the world and in the U.S. I've signed a few petitions and made calls to my congressman. Did that do any good? No. When it came time to vote, I didn't vote for the congressman who didn't represent the will of the people. Did that do any good? No, he was re-elected anyway.

How can I make a difference in what's happening nationally and globally? Sure, I know that individuals can and do make a difference, but the only thing I know to do which can make a difference in the world is to be respectful and kind to others, and when I'm able, I can help someone less fortunate than me.

I can't even figure out what the right path is for myself and my husband. We both have jobs now, but should we stay where we're at (in the city) and keep working as long as we're able? Or would it be wiser to quit our jobs and move to the country where our family is? If we move to the country, we can start learning how to hunt, how to preserve food, help our family with a huge garden, and be in a place where we're more connected to others. On the other hand, if we move to the country, our chances of finding work is very low.

Anyway, I guess my point is that while the economic situation is scary, I just don't know what I can do to stop it or to change it.: (

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The first move is deciding to see the truth. The next step is spreading the knowledge acquired. This is happening, and accelerating. Unfortunately, MSM is a strong disinformation tool that is doing it's best to slow our progress.

Just because people aren't marching on our capitals, doesn't mean there isn't people, and organizations out there doing what they can. We need to reach a critical mass of frustration, anger, and desire to be free from tyranny. If we were more intelligent as a whole, that day would have already come.

My mind starts to wonder about the effects of fast-food on intelligence. I start to wonder if fast-food has an agenda of not only lining the pockets of health-care, & insurance, but also in keeping the herd docile until the end....

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I see what you're getting at here.
I think the monopoly laws in this country have basically been unheeded for decades now....you're right, small business is a key to stability on a national level.
Unfortunately it goes much deeper than that though, we need to do away with the dollar and go back to an economy based on the gold standard, which is fairly stable no matter what. A huge part of our problem is the dollar and the Federal Reserve. I say do away with both.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I hear ya man, when you factor in everything that we consume....from the flouridated, chlorinated, aspartame-y drinking water, to the federally mandated anti-biotic injected meat, to the corn everything! Corn syrup, corn fructose, corn-based products everywhere you look.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Walmart is the ONLY company that has actually gained value during all of this.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Thanks, friend

I've done the same for you both. It helps me so much to find like-minded people to discuss this with as well. Without ATS, I might very well have already gone off my rocker..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

I see what you're getting at here.
I think the monopoly laws in this country have basically been unheeded for decades now....you're right, small business is a key to stability on a national level.
Unfortunately it goes much deeper than that though, we need to do away with the dollar and go back to an economy based on the gold standard, which is fairly stable no matter what. A huge part of our problem is the dollar and the Federal Reserve. I say do away with both.

I agree to that. I mean the dollar is practically useless now and its not going to get any better.

We need to take a tip from our history and past, and go back to smaller businesses which mean smaller debt. no more hiring people abroad and instead hiring people right here. and going back to a basic form of currency which has the same value globally.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Walmart is the ONLY company that has actually gained value during all of this.

yes, because they use chinese workers and pay them nothing, in order to get those cheaper discount prices.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join