It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

www.worldnetdaily.com

The modest global warming trend has stopped – maybe even reversed itself.

And it's not just the record low temperatures experienced in much of the world this winter.

For at least the last five years, global temperatures have been falling, according to tracking performed by Roy Spencer, the climatologist formerly of NASA.

"Global warming" was going to bring more and more horrific hurricanes, climate change scientists and the politicians who subscribed to their theories said. But since 2005, only one major hurricane has struck North America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
really bad news for Al Gore and Rotschild's.

I wander how the governments are going to respond. will they refuse to pay the carbon tax. will they take our side and let us breath without being charged for it?

the question is, how far carbon mafia is already inside of the govermnets around the glob?

let's wait and see. and maybe do something?

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm not much of a believer in the whole global warming thing, but in fairness, its World Net Daily. Its about as likely to give you the full story and both sides of a debate as the Huffington Post.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If anyone has actually been following this - - its about climate change - - and a new Ice Age.

Global Warming has never been the right descriptive.

Since Al Gore gets the average "Joe" to pay attention to how they affect the environment - - I support him 100%.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
First off as has already been said, the source is hardly reliable. Secondly, 'Global warming' doesn't mean temperatures will go up everywhere, it's an average rise and will/is causing greater unpredictability in weather patterns.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hmm I don't believe that the warming has stopped, I just need to look at the average temperatures of other planets and this one to realize that the sun is getting hotter, it's just the way of things.

I do find it very amusing that this will put a stint on their little cash crop carbon tax. I wonder what reason they will give for the need of it now.

~Keeper

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do you support him also even when in fact he still uses two lincoln limousines and an SUV, which always are running their ACs in summers, for convoys everywhere he goes?

Do you fully support him, even though the carbon tax he paid was to his own company, and all he has done is make it possible for people like him to become richer because of pseudo-science?do you fully support him, when he was using 20X as much electricity at his house, as the average homeowner, and even after he was pronounced to be "Green" he was, and still is using about 16-18X as much electricity as the average home owner?

Do you fully support him, even though 10 years ago he was only worth about $10 million, and now he is worth more than $100 million? Which simply put, shows he is nothing more than a business man using the rave of the moment to make money?

Do you fully support him even though he misled you, and everyone else that believes in him, and his claims, even when there is factual evidence that contradicts his claims?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
First off as has already been said, the source is hardly reliable. Secondly, 'Global warming' doesn't mean temperatures will go up everywhere, it's an average rise and will/is causing greater unpredictability in weather patterns.

That is called Climate Change, which is natural, and not Global Warming.

The claim surrounding Global Warming is that atmospheric CO2 has been protrayed as being more important than the Sun, and all other natural factors, yet we know for a fact this is not true.

Computer models can be rigged to show whatever anyone wishes to.

Computer models are not evidence, and in the past Earth has had more atmospheric CO2 than now yet, there were no massive die-offs in land, or the oceans, unless there were other cataclismic events which also caused greenhouse gases to be released.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I believe that the climate cycle is going to change whether we like it or not. I am also intrigued at the fact they have an outline of how they will charge for carbon emissions and sell waivers, yet we have heard nothing about how they will apply these funds after they have been implemented. I didn't know you could fill the hole in the O-Zone layer with money.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes, because Global Warming and Climate change are used interchangably by the media to refer to what is currently happening. As for your assertion about Co2, i'm hoping you're not disregarding the mountains of scientific evidence showing a causal connection between our activities and current climate change..

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
this is definitely Al Gore's doing , he should get another Nobel peace prize... excelsior !!! Now he can focus his efforts on defeating man bear pig .

[edit on 23-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

world net daily might be not a best source. I agree.
but there is no source you would call a reliable which is going to publish the researches showing that there in no global warming or at least that the global warming is not man made.

the reason is simple. the "global warming" science was from the begining the political (read economical) issue as well. and there is no free discussion on that issue in the official agencies. so is with media. the "reliable media" will cover the info from official sources mostly. that is why they can not print article like this one. by the way I hope you did read the whole!!

politicians (read Al Gore, Rotschild and Co) are in permanent control of media on that subject. and they sell his fraud.

you want to read the reliable media? you can take your wallet out of you trausers already.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

The only mountains of evidence in favor of Global Warming are computer models, on the other hand, the evidence against the claim of Global Warming are mountains of evidence that are being dismissed by most of the media, as well as the Global Warming followers who don't want their claims to be challenged.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Please, go ahead and give one FACTUAL evidence of a link that proves the ongoing Climate Change was caused by atmospheric CO2.

I am not asking about "opinions" or "computer modeling".

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sadly, the global carbon-tax infrastructure is already in place. The media kept the demon alive long enough for the international banking cartel and their poster boys to set up the new market.

Obama will slip it through via emergency provisions and everything will cost more. Isn't that special?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I blame Man Bear Pig.

No seriously. This whole global warming crusade is totally out of whack.
And the worst part about it all is that it's like some sick cult. If you dare to question global warming you're labeled a denier.

The whole thing is suspect in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nah, let's keep "eating/burning/using" up our resources and just throwing our garbage in our backyard without the concept of keeping our house(earth) clean. Because nothing humans do could never hurt anything right?

I think that people who do not want to admit to "climate change" or whatever words you want to use, just don't want to admit that they just might be throwing garbage in their own backyard. Like I tell my kids, if you make a mess, clean it up.

Fear causes people to believe really strange things, like "no way is it possible that the number of humans polluting this planet is problematic, plastic please." Insert head into sand

I feel that it does not matter if we are causing "climate change" or not. It ONLY makes good since to take care of the planet that takes care of us. Ever heard the term "don't bite the hand that feeds you", well not taking care of our planet is biting the hand that feeds us.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
And it's not just the record low temperatures experienced in much of the world this winter.

Well that statement alone tells you how reliable this news story is. Given that even half the USA had above average temps this winter, plus the record breaking high temps elsewhere in places like India and Hong Kong .......

It might be a case that were it not for AGW this winter would have been colder. The fact that it was not expecially cold in much of the world, and rather warm in a good part of it, tells the true story.

As for a new ice age - that's so 1974

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The various ad campaigns, corporate green initiatives, and overall scare mongering associated with the term "Global Warming" have confused and disillusioned the public. We are witnessing the death of a "term" and the installation of a broader "term"

The term Global Warming refers to what happens when too much CO2 gets in the atmosphere, traps the suns rays, reflects them back to the Earth, and melts the glacial ice causing sea levels to rise.

The debate is over how much we contribute and what danger does it pose to us in the foreseeable future. To which you will find plenty of evidence either way.

We are caught in the middle of a battle between new industry and old industry.

Gore and the progressives want new technologies, new construction, new jobs, cleaner cities and or course more money. He used fear mongering to stir up support.

And old money wants things to stay the way they are or at least a cut of the new stuff.

That being said, regardless of whether we had anything to do about it. Climate change is happening. People will die. It's happened before, it will happen again.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please don't try and insult our intelligence further. Some of us have memories that extend beyond the last Twitter we received. We remember all the dire warnings from Mr. Gore and his cultists: it was always "Global WARMING". Saying that "Global warming has never been the right descriptive." [emphasis added] is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worst. Yes, it always was. It has been "Global WARMING " over and over again. We haven't forgot that fact, because many of us that denied "Global WARMING" have been castigated as flat-earthers, holocaust-like-deniers and deluded fuzzy thinkers that denied 'science'.
So, please don't try to reframe the argument and definitions now - definitions that your kind set forth as undeniable truth (Speaking of truth, didn't Mr. Gore make a movie about Global WARMING that used the word "truth" in the title...gee, I forget). Please don't try to assert that we just didn't understand the argument all along 'cause we is just so stuuupeeed. We remember. We know what your kind and Al Gore said. It was all about Global WARMING.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join