It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
Nah, let's keep "eating/burning/using" up our resources and just throwing our garbage in our backyard without the concept of keeping our house(earth) clean. Because nothing humans do could never hurt anything right?

Since when is any of this excuses to implement draconian laws, and the will of others upon the mayority?...

Who is saying to go ahead and destroy the environment?...

Global Warming has nothing to do with real environmnetal concerns. There are other real problems that need to be taken in consideration, and we need to resolve, but not by implementing draconnian laws enforcing the will of a few upon the many.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This video I believe sums up a good deal on the BS myths against Global Warming

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

this is the demagogy the Gore is using to kill any kind of discussion on the subject. no one here is happy about pollution of our enviroment. and I belive that there is a good trend to look after a clean energy sources and to buy a less "smoking" cars and so on. and it will comtinue with I belive good effect in the future with or without that carbon fee.

but the lie is a lie. and a fraud is a fraud. and the idea behind this fraud is clear. they want to put another tax on you and me. the tax you will pay in any goods you will have to buy. and that money are not going to make the earth any cleaner. I promise you that.

it will make only some people a little more rich and powerful than they already are. that is all.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
I believe that the climate cycle is going to change whether we like it or not. I am also intrigued at the fact they have an outline of how they will charge for carbon emissions and sell waivers, yet we have heard nothing about how they will apply these funds after they have been implemented. I didn't know you could fill the hole in the O-Zone layer with money.

The idea is that by taxing polluters you give more incentives for companies to invest more in enviromentally friendly methods.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hmm I don't believe that the warming has stopped, I just need to look at the average temperatures of other planets and this one to realize that the sun is getting hotter, it's just the way of things.

I do find it very amusing that this will put a stint on their little cash crop carbon tax. I wonder what reason they will give for the need of it now.

~Keeper

So, I'm waiting to hear how the sun getting hotter is being caused by cans of hair spray. I'm sure there will another inconvenient movie about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Originally posted by Jnewell33
I believe that the climate cycle is going to change whether we like it or not. I am also intrigued at the fact they have an outline of how they will charge for carbon emissions and sell waivers, yet we have heard nothing about how they will apply these funds after they have been implemented. I didn't know you could fill the hole in the O-Zone layer with money.

The idea is that by taxing polluters you give more incentives for companies to invest more in enviromentally friendly methods.

The question I have is where do you draw the line at defining a "polluter". Is a polluter a company that taints the local water table by burying hazardous chemicals underground or is a polluter some idiot that tosses a bag of trash out of his pickup truck onto the highway?

I say the answer is both, but catching one in the act of pulluting is going to be a lot harder than catching the other. The problem is that so many individual people throw away their trash and dump garbage just anywhere they feel like it that piles up and becomes a huge problem for everyone.

Is slapping a tax on large companies who pollute, just because they CAN be caught, the right answer, making them pay for everyone else that we cannot catch?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hate to nitpick, but the origional story -- "Only one major hurricane has struck North America since 2005?" Whoa!

How about Ike, Gustav, and most recently Paloma? Ike at Cat 4- 145, Gustav at Cat 4 - 150 mph, and Paloma, at Cat 4 (at least) at 150, which devastated the little rock I live on. I only just got internet back yesterday, after 4 months without land line or internet. That's just from 2008, and off the top of my head. Both IKe and Gustav struck the U.S.

I happen to have serious questions regarding AGW, and I'm far from convinced that manmade sources seriously contribute, however the author of the original story seems to have deleved into some less-than-exact discourse, unless I misunderstood.

Good story OP, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I give you one more link. there is one more not reliable source - president of Czech Republic (very politicaly incorrrect guy).

here it goes:

groups.google.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its irrelevant if the temperature goes up or down.
Its WHY it doing it that matters.
And clearly its been doing this for millions of years.
Without our contributions.
So the man made global warming lie, is just to make more taxes.
And of course control and manipulate carbon trading.
As we have seen, the big guys at the top, will be able to burn as much pollution as they like.
Where the little guys wont be able to afford to.

Go have a look at the fraud that is Al Gore.
www.digitaljournal.com...
Buying carbon credits from HIMSELF!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Do you support him also even when in fact he still uses two lincoln limousines and an SUV, which always are running their ACs in summers, for convoys everywhere he goes?

I support people that make people think responsibly - Period!

Effective leadership - does not always equate into personal qualifications.

What the real truth is of Gore's personal habits - is most likely mixed in with media hype.

I have never been jealous of the "Haves" - - if I want to "have" - then it is up to me to find a way to do it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Its irrelevant if the temperature goes up or down.

Its WHY it doing it that matters.

And clearly its been doing this for millions of years.

We have millions of years of science data?

I didn't know that.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And all it took was for Bush to leave office... At least he took his environmental catastrophes with him on the way out... I wonder how things are at the old Texas ranch?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
"In Global Warming however the vast majority of funding is via the public purse and is thus considered to be for the general benefit of mankind. The slight problem with that argument is, one would expect as it is for the public good that the search would be to be for the truth and thus funding would be more proportionate. When was the last publicly funded study questioning the AGW theory?

Whenever government is in the position to decide what scientific projects get funded, it’s going to abuse that power, and political interest groups are going to try to persuade it to abuse that power. Also, in cases where there are genuine scientific controversies, politicians will choose those whose views are politically useful to them, thereby distorting actual controversies in the eyes of the general public and making it more difficult to resolve those debates scientifically.
The bottom line is: when government writes the checks, it will make the rules, and those rules will interfere with scientific independence and scientific integrity."

read more here:

eurealist.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Global Warming has nothing to do with real environmental concerns. There are other real problems that need to be taken in consideration, and we need to resolve, but not by implementing draconnian laws enforcing the will of a few upon the many.

Awareness comes first.

Fighting against environmental issues - so you can focus on your chosen specifics - only gives everyone an excuse to not be individually responsible.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.formatandreload.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20009

"The most recent global warming that began in 1977 is over, and the Earth has entered a new phase of global cooling," says Don Easterbrook, professor of geology at Western Washington University in Bellingham, confidently. He maintains a switch in Pacific Ocean currents "assures about three decades of global cooling. New solar data showing unusual absence of sun spots and changes in the sun’s magnetic field suggest ... the present episode of global cooling may be more severe than the cooling of 1945 to 1977."

Climatologist Joe D’Aleo of the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project, says new data "show that in five of the last seven decades since World War II, including this one, global temperatures have cooled while carbon dioxide has continued to rise."

The article says that ice volume is increasing by percentage, which seems kinda dodgy.

I personally found this winter to be more harsh than previous winters, although there have been harsher. Cool temperatures -- and snow -- at the end of March are pretty normal, from what I remember.

So despite the "green movement" and less gasoline usage, carbon dioxide emissions are still increasing! I find that to be rather surprising.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Nah, let's keep "eating/burning/using" up our resources and just throwing our garbage in our backyard without the concept of keeping our house(earth) clean. Because nothing humans do could never hurt anything right?

Please show me where anyone has mentioned not cleaning up garbage or not recycling even? This is not about keeping the planet clean; it is about Global Warming, which is presently centered around CO2 concentrations.

You cannot see CO2. You cannot smell CO2. That black/brown stuff hanging in the air is not CO2. It's nitrates and sulfates, which are produced from pollutants and inefficiency in the fuels we burn. Pollutants can be processed out of fuels and efficiency can be improved. But no, we shouldn't concentrate on that; instead there's this colorless odorless invisible gas in our atmosphere that will doom us all. Never mind that CO2 is essential for plant life (just as oxygen is for animal life). Never mind that the present concentration is about 1/30 of the toxic level for any humans. Never mind that every single prediction made by Global Warming activists has been wrong. Never mind that attempts to actually clean the air of 'excess' CO2 are being ignored by those who advocate Cap & Trade. Never m9nd the fact that the two fastest-growing and most-inefficient industrializing societies are being ignored by Kyoto specifically. Never mind that the people behind Global Warming hysteria are the same people who presently control the energy reserves on the planet. While you're at it, never mind the man behind the curtain.

The fear you mention is being instilled in you. not in us. The conspiracy is not to increase CO2 production, but to control fuel usage and raise prices at the cost of millions of lives affected and a worldwide deepening of the present recession/depression. It is to control your life, how warm you can be in the winter, how cool you can be in the summer, what you can eat, what you can drink, how and where you will live and how hard you will work to get from point A to point B. You are the one being duped into believing that someone's computer program is reality instead of virtuality. You are the one with your head buried in the sand, afraid to admit that everything might just be OK and that we won't all die a horrible fiery death tomorrow because some other people don't believe the propaganda being pushed on them and instead want to understand what is happening.

I have already planted numerous trees this spring, as well as caring for several others which sprung up from seeds. I own 40 acres of virgin forest (and manage another 50) which I maintain in its pristine natural state (no outsider hunting, no logging, no destruction of the forest in any way). How many trees do you own? How many acres of pristine wilderness do you personally allow to flourish undisturbed?

I do not need some UN pundit telling me how to do what I have done for my entire life. I need to be left alone to do as I have always done, like my father did, like his father did: in the immortal words of the group "Alabama", "leave some blue up above us and leave some green on the ground".

It has been my experience that those who scream the loudest about the planet being in danger are those who are truly endangering it. Tell me, do you use any motorized transportation? Do you live in nature, or is your idea of nature visiting some manicured park coated with sunscreen and insect repellent? Can you watch deer eating apples off the apple tree in front of your house, or do you see them in a zoo? Do you get to hear the scream of a cougar at night, or do you watch nature shows on TV to get close to them? Do you dispose of your own garbage, or do you simply toss it in the bin so the garbage company can pick it up?

Do you reuse plastic grocery bags as garbage bags? Do you shovel manure each year from the animals' pens onto the garden? Do you collect and recycle aluminum cans? Do you let the lawn clippings dissolve back into the soil, returning the nutrients, or do you use processed fertilizer to replace what you just threw away in a plastic bag? Can you walk outside and eat food, real, natural, unprocessed food straight from the vine or tree or garden plot? Or do you buy it in the supermarket, prepackaged and sterilized and full of chemicals which do harm the environment, trucked in across the country in those trucks you would apparently like to outlaw?

No, you are the one making the mess, and you are asking me to 'clean it up' by sacrificing my future and my lifestyle, all the while knowing that the things you demand will have absolutely no fruitful impact on anything save the bank accounts of politicians (who do nothing to help the ecology either). I expect my kids to have the same abilities and freedom as I have had, and I will fight you or anyone else who wants to take that away by enforcing some silly taxation scheme which has no indication of how the money gleaned would be used to help anything, and which would severely impact my ability to support my family.

Yea, let's keep the planet clean. I already started. What about you?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
This video I believe sums up a good deal on the BS myths against Global Warming

That video is doing nothing more than confusing the issue more by focusing on irrelevant points.

It is also true that even in Global Warming, the proponents are just focusing on some scientists, and their "computer models", and not on the evidence or what many other scientists have discovered.

Instead when any evidence against Global Warming is mentioned, or presented, the proponents resort to calling everyone who disagrees with them, including scientists, as paid stooges of the oil companies, when this is not true.

And please, don't post evidence that exists just in a couple of websites which are only exagerating their own claims which they can't back, unless they point to another obscure website making the same claims without proof.

Concentrate on the "factual evidence". Present just one "factual" piece of evidence that supports the claims of Global Warming.

Presenting one claim, or opinion to support another claim, or opinion is not proof, and computer modeling is not proof either, since computer models are as flawed as the knowledge we have of the entire system, and factors which affect Climate Change, and are not confined to Earth.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
BTW, I am posting this with over a foot of snow outside, in the northwest U.S., and with more snow falling as we speak. I can't even see my truck out there anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
We have millions of years of science data?
I didn't know that.

Didn't you?
Oh well now you do yeh?

We learn something new everyday.
You know the fossilized remains and ice core samples they take?
That show them what happened 50,000 years ago and 5 million years ago?
Oh no let me guess, lets discount those scientific findings, and believe Al Gore right?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

that is a pity that I can give you only one star for your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join