It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think most on both sides are missing the bigger picture here.

I tend to lean towards the side that says "Global Warming" is natural cycles just playing themselves out or from increased solar activity. If so there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

If it's caused by mankind, there still isn't a whole lot we can do about it. Even if the western world takes steps to drastically reduce emitions, the emerging world isn't going to. Short of war we cant make them. Are you prepared to plunge the entire world into world war 3 to save it?

Try telling China or India they are going to have to wait till alternatives are available for there countries to be able to grow again. Try telling China they cant burn coal to generate electricity. Bet they tell us to go to hell.

I thought the whole worry was the sea levels would rise like 20+ feet and flood coastal areas. Isn't that the problem we can actually solve in this lifetime? How we solve it i have no idea, but it seems to me that is the problem we should be trying to solve in the near term. If it can be conclusively proven that the earth is indeed warming that is.

On a side note about oil/gas drilling. I have worked for the last 15+ years on a rig as a wellsite geologist spending 8-10 months a year living onsite watching every aspect. The Oil/gas drilling industry is the most regulated industry in the world as far as environmental regulation goes. They are constantly watched and everything they do is under a microscope. Any time we are drilling on public land there is an inspector there the whole time watching what is going on, and he can and will shut it all down for the slightest infraction. That cheesy video someone showed was a great example of environmentalist whining and crying. First of all, about half of the people effected by that owned the land that the wells were drilled on... they make a crapload of money in royalty's and kinda brought it on themselves. Not to sound callous. But you know whats going to happen? All those people will get fat checks, the town will get a new school and they will fix the cracked casing that is the problem. And no one is going to have to sue them to get them to do it either. The company's that own the wells will just chock it up to the price of doing business. Funny thing is, with all the regulation it still happened, if the inspector had done his job it wouldn't of happened in the first place.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Nicademus]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
First off, one must understand what the primary purpose of the global warming scare is. That purpose is to generate tax revenue for the world government and their friends. The carbon offsets (which allow companies and countries to pollute at will with just a little payola), accrue to 'approved' environmental programs. The approval lies with the UN enviro mafia, people like Al Gore etc.

The second fact that is often overlooked, is that past periods of global warming have been environmental booms. Plant life and species proliferate in CO2 rich and warm environments. In ancient times antarctica boasted forests, in more recent times, during the warming period of 800-1200 AD, the vikings were farming in Greenland, europe was producing bumper crops and the economy boomed.

We have vast swaths of land in the northern hemisphere that could seriously profit from global warming, both in Canada and Russia. It could feed many more people than we could now. Of course to enviro-mentals, that's the wrong approach because the only good human is a dead one. (As long as they are not the ones doing the dying.)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have restated this challenge in every one of these RIDICULOUS threads - please supply a single piece of credible evidence for anthropological global warming NOT to be true. This means something that has not already been thoroughly and totally discredited on numerous fronts such as the "sun" warming theory which is sprouted about as though it were accepted in a single scientific circle - which it is not.

The facts stand that there is not a single piece of research which points to anything BUT global warming - further - the countless indicators from acidification of the oceans to glacial retreat, habitat retreat, ice shelf collapses etc overwhelm these pathetic attempts to totally and incontrovertibly that counter arguments to AGW is clearly a psychological / mental issue rather than a casual assesment of the conclusive facts.

Any attempt to portray the media as being part of the conspiracy is deluded as they have done more to promote the profoundly asinine position of global warming denial than they have done to promote it.

Further the media, like any other conerned citizen, gets its information from published articles and peer reviews on results from research - they themselves have no hand in the research.

so once more - am still waiting for a SINGLE piece of evidence from an credible source which sites global warming as not true and is backed up with evidence - A SINGLE SOURCE !!!

Have yet to see one in years.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
First off, one must understand what the primary purpose of the global warming scare is. That purpose is to generate tax revenue for the world government and their friends. The carbon offsets (which allow companies and countries to pollute at will with just a little payola), accrue to 'approved' environmental programs. The approval lies with the UN enviro mafia, people like Al Gore etc.

The second fact that is often overlooked, is that past periods of global warming have been environmental booms. Plant life and species proliferate in CO2 rich and warm environments. In ancient times antarctica boasted forests, in more recent times, during the warming period of 800-1200 AD, the vikings were farming in Greenland, europe was producing bumper crops and the economy boomed.

We have vast swaths of land in the northern hemisphere that could seriously profit from global warming, both in Canada and Russia. It could feed many more people than we could now. Of course to enviro-mentals, that's the wrong approach because the only good human is a dead one. (As long as they are not the ones doing the dying.)

You have no idea what you are talking about and should not take a position of assumed authority when you have no understanding of the issues.

Firstly there are global fluctuations however do you seriously think the global scientific community is unaware of this and skipped over it ?

There are natural fluctuations yes - but this has NOTHING to do with the situation we are facing today - none.

Further the fluctuations which produced arable land in the what is a tundra today also caused massive deserts across vast swathes of the planet - the balance between what was lost and what was gained (desert to arable) meant that there was a net loss of massive proportions. The most productive periods on the planet have occurred during ice ages when the entire equatorial -tropical - bands where deserts now occur were highly arable and productive areas.

There are all kinds of incredible destructive factors to carbonation of our planet, yes plants absorb carbon, however the consequences are catastrophic and more complicated than your simplistic grasp could ever comprehend.

You know you have very little understanding and are simply sprouting off regurgitated assumptions and half truths with a profoundly disingenuous air of authority.

The vast majority of the planet relies on the ocean for its food - acidification of the ocean through carbon saturation is destroying plankton production - there very foundation of the food chain and the primary source of ALL of the oxygen production through its dependants - you know nothing of this -

Nor any of the other multitudes of issues - have some respect.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

A single source? You only want one, right? Then take your pick:

Wanna talk about volcanic eruptions under the Arctic Ocean coinciding in geography and time with climate abnormalities?

Wanna talk about the sun heating up? Hey, I'm game. Astronomers have proof.

Wanna talk about the fact that CO2 scrubber technology is being suppressed by the same people that are screaming that CO2 is going to kill us all?

Wanna talk about how acidic the oceans are really? Careful, this little conversation is a real eye-opener!

Nah, those apparently are not worthy of your notice. After all, you are claiming no one has mentioned a single source of credible evidence against Anthropogenic Global warming, and I have been posting them regularly for over a year now. Either you are blind (real or pretend so you can claim to not have seen anything), or you like to simply dismiss anything that disagrees with you as 'not credible'. Makes it hard to be wrong when nothing that says you're wrong can be mentioned.

But the bottom line is this: You want proof? Well so do I! I am not pressing for any change to society; you are. That means the burden of proof falls on you. So let's go, hoss. You give me some proof that Global Warming is manmade, and we'll see who can make the most credible argument.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I don't buy into man-made Climate Change because the history of the Earth has shown that ice ages come and go, Climate Change is natural with or without us adding a tiny bit of gas to the atmosphere. I think we've taken terrible care of this planet and we do need to start treating mother Earth right but as for all the hype and paranoia surrounding Global Warming and Climate Change it really does get old. Every time a bad storm sweeps by people will blame SUVs and plastic bottles

Fact is what tiny bit we contribute to the natural warming cycle the data seems to suggest we're going through has yet to be measured accurately and definitively. So yeah, the environmentalist movement was good, until Al Gore and his cronies hijacked it and turned it into a political issue, nothing more than a farce remains.

And you know what else I don't get, why they blame ordinary citizens for ruining the environment by not recycling and not using organic products when its the fault of the corporations for selling their products chocked full of chemicals and stored in containers that never break down. It doesn't make sense to blame the brain-washed consumers when its the mega-corporations beating them over the head with slogans and pretending to be "green" who are doing the damage...

As for the OP, its not a reliable source, but any blow against the Man-Made Global Warming hype is a blow well struck...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I personally like this one. Apparently during the last great depression, when net human industrial activity declined precipitously, CO2 emissions actually increased! Hmmm that just might suggest a non-human source for the warming...

I recommend just throwing out facts that don't fit your pre-conceived notions however. It's much more soothing.

This analysis was first presented by Dr. Hertzberg.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

It's funny how just the other day it seemed we were destroying our world by helping climate change dramatically now it's ok. I guess this proves certain people in power can make a difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yep no moreglobal warming

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

"Obama White House Promises Action after Polar Ice Melts"

Now, that is just simply hilarious.
Definately an Administration that believes in action after something has happened. Reminds me of his anti and counter-terrorism policies.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
they are really going too far:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

please supply a single piece of credible evidence for anthropological global warming NOT to be true. This means something that has not already been thoroughly and totally discredited on numerous fronts such as the "sun" warming theory

Awww - did you really have to say the Sun does not heat the planet?

Tell me why it gets cold at night and warm during the day????

please supply a single piece of credible evidence for anthropological global warming NOT to be true.

Didn't anyone tell you that you can't prove a negative?

MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING IS UTTER BS!

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join