It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All this talk about revolt, discent, protests... hogwash!
They are already targeting Libertarians as domestic terrorists.
Use the system THEY use. Use it against them though.
That's their Achilles Heel.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi, all. New name (with more pizzaz), same message. (See siggy for clarification).

I'm convinced history will prove this ever-intensifying freaking out to be merely the pre-Disclosure and Contact jitters... and perhaps worse. Real change and progress can only be with the unequivocal end of secrecy-BASED government(s) and the dawn of real transparency. We'll get there, and I have a feeling at least reasonably soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I just had a thought.

What if the NWO / Illuminati / whoever has the same intentions that we do?

In the long run, they really do see that the only way to transform humanity into perfection is through this long transitional period.

I mean, think about what we need in the next few centuries to get to the point that we all dream of.

Everyone on this world would need to have the personality of the very few rare people out there today.. no greed, low competition, the willingness to share and give.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

Give me a break! Two words, SELF INTEREST.
Now THATS been going around for centuries!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Your vision is doable. And - I believe it really IS the only way of walking out of this maze that has been created to distract us from ourselves.

There are some of us now - in my area - who are planing and Putting our money together to build a sustainable area to grow organic food and share our talents.
I have been bartering for many years. CNN did a story on me some years ago.
The truth is - we have all we need - We just have to utilize who we are.

Everyone won't be coming along in this way. There are still folks who as someone else said - haven't yet come to a place of knowing themselves - or what I refer to as having not yet led an examined life. But they may come along at some point - and there are plenty of people here that can participate at this time.

If nothing else - get the word out to as many people as you can.
Discuss these ideas with them.
The daily unemployment is running anywhere from 5,000-10,000 plus a day.
It will not be as hard as we think to convince people to work together.
It will be an obvious choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Dont forget the 3 B's

Beans, Bandaids and Bullets. I'm also a Survivalist all set up and ready to go. I could use a pack mule though, if I were to Bug out.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can only hope that some day, people will over react and do the wrong thing, at the wrong time.

Every Answer to Every Question lies in the past.
Look back and reflect upon past occurences.
I don't have Andre Gide's qoute on my signature or nothing.

[edit on 150America/Chicagof2009Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:37:00 -0500America/Chicago 3109America/Chicago by Trams]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
II don't see this here, but ATS's very own Wukky wants to go to Washington!
Call your representative and DEMAND he be heard!
Also protest and organize.
EVERYONE, conservative and liberal is FLAMING mad about the bailout, lies, corruption!
But, wear sunglasses, because someone will want to take pictures for retinal recognition or facial recognition for a database!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

1. Everybody counterfeit money.
2. Crash the current corrupt money system.
3. Activate the Venus Project to emancipate humankind from debt and servitude to a money-free resource based economy.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have not read this thread but the first page so if this was already said please forgive me.

People, the world everything is changing. Its the great cycle and the old world is dying but it struggles in its death throws. The more that awaken to the fact that the old way of corporate greed and control is not working, the faster the collective awakens.

Cant you feel it? Its like this steam train slowly building its speed...its huge and it takes time. The old world is folding. The age of Pisces is going to the next age and the mindset is changing.

Its coming if you are real quiet and still you can feel it. The momentum builds with every greedy mis-guided action the super rich make. With each of there blundering steps they awaken millions.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

We will win. The government can only control millions of people for so long. The government cant make people do what they dont want to do. If this crap continues then the people will revolt, but only when they see that people are for the government and not the other way around. Thats bound to happen eventually.

I suspect you may not be familiar with recent history ...

"When the propaganda stops working the death squads get busy." - Some Nut

Purges and deportations

The flimsiest pretexts were often enough to brand someone an "enemy of the people," starting the cycle of public persecution and abuse, often proceeding to interrogation, torture and deportation, if not death. The Russian word troika gained a new meaning: a quick, simplified trial by a committee of three subordinated to NKVD with sentencing carried out within 24 hours.

Many military leaders were convicted of treason, and a large scale purging of Red Army officers followed. The repression of so many formerly high-ranking revolutionaries and party members led Leon Trotsky to claim that a "river of blood" separated Stalin's regime from that of Lenin. In August 1940, Trotsky was assassinated in Mexico, where he had lived in exile since January 1937 , which eliminated the last of Stalin's opponents among the former Party leadership. The only three "Old Bolsheviks" (Lenin's Politburo) that remained were Stalin, Mikhail Kalinin, and Chairman of Sovnarkom Vyacheslav Molotov.

Mass operations of the NKVD also targeted "national contingents" (foreign ethnicities), such as Poles, Ethnic Germans, Koreans, etc. A total of 350,000 (144,000 of them Poles) were arrested and 247,157 (110,000 Poles) were executed. Concurrent with the purges, efforts were made to rewrite the history in Soviet textbooks and other propaganda materials. Notable people executed by NKVD were removed from the texts and photographs as though they never existed. Gradually, the history of revolution was transformed to a story about just two key characters: Lenin and Stalin.

In light of revelations from the Soviet archives, historians now estimate that nearly 700,000 people (353,074 and 328,612 for 1937 and 1938 alone respectively, according to official data) were executed in the course of the terror, with the great mass of victims being "ordinary" Soviet citizens: workers, peasants, homemakers, teachers, priests, musicians, soldiers, pensioners, ballerinas, beggars. Some experts believe the evidence released from the Soviet archives is understated, incomplete or unreliable. For example, Robert Conquest suggests that the probable figure for executions during the years of the Great Purge is not 681,692, but some two and a half times as high. He believes that the KGB was covering its tracks by falsifying the dates and causes of death of rehabilitated victims.

At the time, while reviewing a list of people to be shot, Stalin reportedly muttered to no one in particular: "Who's going to remember all this riffraff in ten or twenty years time? No one."

Source : Wikipedia

"When the propaganda stops working the death squads get busy." - Some Nut

[edit on 21-3-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you suggesting that the US is the world? I am reading it in context to the paragraph where you mention your country in jeopardy.

Do you wish to save the US, the world or both?

IRM

As of right now, I am talking about revolutionizing the US, and in the long run, hoping that will change the world.

I'm with you 100% on the idea of revolutionizing the US and taking back your constitution and all the rights it grants you... including the right to purchase ammunition. And, as you said, hoping that will change the world.

If the American people were to find a way to take their country back and start with a completely fresh group of politicians (Ron Paul is a keeper though, along with very few others), burn the fed to the ground and do a thorough and complete extermination from this planet of every member of the Rothschild family, every member of the Council on Foreign Relations, every member of the Trilateral Commission... just for starters... then yes the entire world might be saved in that fashion by the good ole USA.

But after all that is done, please don't ask me or my country to join you in a one world order, because my brother, Canadians aren't interested.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

You are exactly right but it is not just consciousness of self that we need right now. Our entire society is built around focusing inward, buying what we want and need. The entire economic system is designed around selfish, impulsive consumerism, again, all designed around what we convince ourselves we want and need. There is no social norm here, there is only what we ourselves see as normal. For so long we have been a society of selfishness and greed because we have been trained from childbirth to be that way.

We have been well-trained in science, mathematics, social studies, and world history because we have gone to school to be slave workers and consumers. This implies that the economy relies on our suffering and perpetual debt to survive. It's sickening and it needs to change! Our actions urge youngsters to learn and adopt our own selfish habits so that they too can go to school, learn, get jobs, and be "good little consumers".

We don't just need an honest realization and conscious awakening of what we truly are and why we are here. We need to change our entire philosophy of what it means to be here on this planet for a purpose that transcends all this negative ****. That means working together towards common goals for the betterment of all life on this planet, not just ourselves.

-ChriS

[edit on 21-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
OMG! net nerds are gonna change the world! ROLFMAO

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PTB have this in the bag! Read the Book of Revelation. Sure in the LONG run they'll fail, and fail miserably, but as far as their plans are concerned, they've got it in the bag, home and hosed and cannot fail at introducing a New World Order.

So it is written, so shall it be.

The fun part is watching prophecy being fulfilled, all the while people saying the Bible is rubbish. Rubbish you say? Yeah a 2000 year old book describes the times we live in, AND whats coming. A one world system, whether you like it or not.

ROFLMAO eventually people will be lining up for their chip insertion saying "Oh that Bible stuff is nonsense, its just purely coincidence it predicted this ...."

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by undermind

Sure, but in 68, not everyone was losing their jobs and the dollar was still strong.

Economic conditions don't have much to do with the popularity of advocating political alternatives.

In the 29-39 Depression there was %30 unemployment (compared to

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
OMG! net nerds are gonna change the world! ROLFMAO

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PTB have this in the bag! Read the Book of Revelation. Sure in the LONG run they'll fail, and fail miserably, but as far as their plans are concerned, they've got it in the bag, home and hosed and cannot fail at introducing a New World Order.

So it is written, so shall it be.

The fun part is watching prophecy being fulfilled, all the while people saying the Bible is rubbish. Rubbish you say? Yeah a 2000 year old book describes the times we live in, AND whats coming. A one world system, whether you like it or not.

ROFLMAO eventually people will be lining up for their chip insertion saying "Oh that Bible stuff is nonsense, its just purely coincidence it predicted this ...."

People have been saying that for 2000 years too (that we are in the end times and are all going to hell unless we accept christ as our personal saviour, blah, blah). It was used as a fear tactic during the Inquisition too.

People have always been saying that we are in the end times and that "prophecies" in the bible are all coming to froition. Not necessarily. Not only can you not prove it but it is all subject to any one person's interpretation. It all depends on how you read the cryptic scripture (especially in the book of revelations).

Maybe I should reiterate the OP's first post..
This thread is about a positive exchange of philosophy and ideas.

Net nerds maybe. That doesn't mean we can't have a logical, constructive discussion. It's so much easier though to write everone off as a bunch of teenaged net-nerds and claim you have all the answers. Go ahead and do that if that works for you. Wow.. And I thought I was a net nerd.

You aren't bursting anyone's bubble here by stating your opinion... You are stating your opinion based on your faith and what you believe. That is what we call an honest answer. But using such an argument to judge everyone else here is not going to bolster any argument here you could possibly make. In fact it dumbs down the discussion quite a bit.

Until you honestly realize that you don't have all the answers you will probably never understand this discussion anyway. Living in a bubble of manufactured answers about God and convincing yourself you know the truth when everyone else doesn't is what some call religious fundamentalism. Thinking you have all the answers is probably one of the most dangerous things a human being can ever do. But I don't expect you to understand either.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 21-3-2009 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

It's also a great analogy for every other time this has happened in history. This same thing has happened over, and over, and over again. I'm not disputing the bible but put it in context; also if you're a bible thumper, do you want to just tell god you let this happen without even trying to do anything? Nice life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, this is where the water begins to boil and the frog begins to notice. It's insane to see what we've all been talking about and reading about for years finally happening.

Some of us should be kicking ourselves now for not having a better plan. We should've already had this thing mapped out. That's all of our fault.

Let's talk barter; most of us don't live close to eachother at all. I created this as a way for all of us ATS members to better network and hopefully set up a useful barter system over the intenet.

Let's talk action. We have lost a lot of time guys, honestly, I don't know where to begin anymore. Our government has been corrupted with a cancer so vicious that it has ravaged every facet of public opinion. ALL government in America is corrupt now; from the highest levels to the most extreme local levels. ALL OF IT. Our schools are factorys, our economy is in shambles, our politicians, actors in a grand comedy. We have been silent for far too long. Fringe dwellers, lurking on the outskirts half afraid to believe what we saw with our own eyes. Half afraid to tell anyone else what we have seen; and wholly afraid of the consequences if we were right.

We are right though, and we need to do something about this. This small group can't do much of anything. What are we? A couple hundred; a thousand at our very best. Be realistic. Our one, and only, saving grace is that people who aren't on the fringes, who don't dwell on the ramparts of society are begining to notice. What can we do? Support, spread, and speak. Yell it and don't be afraid of what you say; it's too obvious to deny anymore. Don't intimidate but educate. People generally still don't want to admit it, plant the seed in their mind. Even if you just mention something in passing, mention it. Get them thinking. That is where our true power is.
Write your politicians because, even though they're corrupt, their paycheck depends on your compliance. Let them know you wont comply, you wont take it, and you will not be tread upon.

It's time for every single one of us to grow some balls and do what we all know we have to.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Mr Headshot]

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

We need Co-ops for all things.

At the end of the fiscal year a dividend is paid to all the members
from the money left over unless their is a 2/3rds majority vote
to bring new and better benefits online.

Think of a auto insurance co-op much like the military members
get thru USAA.

They have MUCH cheaper auto insurance than anyone I know
all because they are a not-for-profit, but they do pay their employees.

Apply this to medical, bye bye blood sucking greedy HMO's.

Apply it to a Co-op credit union that has 100% open transparency
and no ability to invest in shady questionable corrupt investments.

I agree though that food is a good start.

If you get a chance check out bio-dynamic agriculture and organic
agriculture.

Also realize they are already moving to outlaw organic agriculture
here in the US via the corrupt and evil monsanto corporation.

There is already a thread about that here on ATS.

If you get a chance watch the movie " One man, One Cow, One Plant -
How to Save the World "

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The time has come to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal, to save the world.

That sounds like a good idea. Doing something peaceful to make the world a better place is meaningful. I don't have any idea how to do that though. All I can do is to treat the people around me with respect, consideration, and kindness, and I think that even though it's a small thing, at least I'm contributing something positive to the world. Does it bring about local or national change? I can make a difference in the lives a few people by making their work day easier, but that's about it.

Do my actions make a difference though in the big scheme of things? I doubt it, but it is something positive I know I can do on a daily basis.

Your idea about a food coop is great, but I don't have any land to start a community garden. I would like to be involved with a food coop though.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by cornblossom]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join