It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Here is the truth:

The Ship is sinking and it's every man for himself. There is no solution to this problem. In fact, the only solution may be WWIII, and that's not a joke.

We can sit here on ATS and act like we can figure out a way to solve this problem, but the real reason you tell people to WAKE UP, is because it's obvious that sooner or later the SHTF.

Are you ready?

None of us really are, but we can do our best to get off the sinking ship and survive in the water.

And if the ship doesn't sink, it's because the NWO rescued it.

There is a solution, and its within ourselves.
With that type of attitude, nothing will get accomplished. You will watch the world fall just like watching a television show, sitting in awe and doing nothing.

I'm not asking you to do nothing. I'm asking you to take action, within yourself and the community around you. I know its a lot to ask, but we are the ones who will change the future.

Look inside yourself, we all know what we need to do. It will not be easy, but it will be full of love, and that is what the world ultimately needs.
If you live that life, if you walk down this path, then at least you will have walked a good life.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Listen, please read my OP, we can't have a petition, that is not what this thread is about.
If you guys start one the thread will be shut down and lots of positive thinkers wont have their say.

We dont need a petition. Please, read my posts. it starts with eachother. When we can live our lives together independently of the govt. WE have the power. By starting a petition you are acknowledging that THEY have the power, and thats the opposite of what I'm getting at.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I hope it has an effect. But going back to the OP, we are way too segregated as a culture to mount a real movement. However, IF we were to assemble that list, get the petition signed, present it to Congress with media coverage, and they deny us...Well, I think that would be a rally call and banner for every disenfranchised American out there.

I mean, 90% of Americans did not want the bailout and flooded their representatives phone lines and mail boxes. They ignored us "for our own good". If they ignore something that can't be spun, I believe that would roust the crowd out of apathy.

How could they spin that a petition, that espouses the American people's freedom is bad for the country?

We need a symbol, something that makes it real and tangible for the citizens.

As for the media, that's an easy fix. Do it all with local papers, news teams, etc. The major networks would HAVE to pick it up. They can't afford to be scooped by a smaller network or affiliate.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I would have to disagree that a pettition gives them the power. A petition would be us re claiming the power that we gave ourselves 200 years ago. However, I apologize if you feel I'm trying to hijack your thread. That is not my intent. I agree with your ideas that any movement needs to start with a paradigm shift in human mentality. I just hope we have enough time for that to happen.

To anyone who would help me feel free to u2u me so that we can find another way of interacting if my suggestion would violate the T&C.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Do Not Pursue The Past

Do not pursue the past.
Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is.
The future has not yet come.

Looking deeply at life as it is in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom.

We must be diligent today.
To wait until tomorrow is too late.

source

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I completely agree, I should have put that in my original post. Any uprising or revolt must be done in a peaceful way. I do not advocate violence in anyway. We has Americans have a duty to change the system if it has become corrupt and detrimental to the people it was set up to protect. I want nothing more than to find a peaceful way to change they system, but I don't think it can be done that way. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Here is the truth:

The Ship is sinking and it's every man for himself. There is no solution to this problem. In fact, the only solution may be WWIII, and that's not a joke.

We can sit here on ATS and act like we can figure out a way to solve this problem, but the real reason you tell people to WAKE UP, is because it's obvious that sooner or later the SHTF.

Are you ready?

None of us really are, but we can do our best to get off the sinking ship and survive in the water.

There is a solution, and its within ourselves.
With that type of attitude, nothing will get accomplished. You will watch the world fall just like watching a television show, sitting in awe and doing nothing.

I'm not asking you to do nothing. I'm asking you to take action, within yourself and the community around you. I know its a lot to ask, but we are the ones who will change the future.

Look inside yourself, we all know what we need to do. It will not be easy, but it will be full of love, and that is what the world ultimately needs.
If you live that life, if you walk down this path, then at least you will have walked a good life.

Doing nothing? No, I'm doing something about this... and understand that my community has told me to STFU. My community thinks I'm a paranoid freak. ATS is the only community I know where we all share similar ideas and stay open minded.

I live in America, a place where people are still trying to chase the DREAM... they are chasing the AMERICAN DREAM because they are asleep.

I've looked deep, deep, deep, within myself and my only solution is to build my relationship with the God of my understanding, and get ready for the worst.

All I'm saying is that there is no happy ending in this life. Because we are in for a serious ride the next few years... I'll try to have love and joy in my heart, I'll try to help other people, but in the midst of chaos..... it's easier said/ typed then done.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I don't see what good a petition would do. You yourself said that many people called in about the bailout and it did nothing. What good will a petition do against these same people? It wont, and you won't find the right amount of people to get it noticed. Everyone is too infatuated with our new president.
Even if everyone on ATS signed it, it wouldnt be close to the amount needed to make a change.

Listen.
We NEED to start a change in the community. If we rely upon ourselves then that is the ultimate petition, that we dont need big corps, that we dont need govt. interference. We are living our lives wrong. The bailout is all business, to support big business, and we dont need big business. All of the financial problems we are having have been caused by big business and corporate bailouts and its all a lie.

You may think that a petition will do something, but your wrong. Action will do something. Self reliance will do something. A petition is a delay, a temporary solution to an ongoing problem. But to change the way people live, to change their view on society, now that is not temporary, that is revolutionary.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.

History is repeating itself

When Pluto last entered Capricorn 245 years ago, the American independence was beginning by completing a nine year war at its borders with the French and Indian war. Like the current events the divine rulership of Kings and Popes was exposed as fraudulent and misguided (Pluto’s transit through Sagittarius). The power of beliefs was replaced by material strategy (Capricorn).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunatly the average human has not evolved out of its insanity.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I know you mean well Doomsday, but perhaps your going about it the wrong way.
Dont go about it in a doom and gloom way, go about from a revolutionary stand point.
Start a co-op, see how many people will want to get involved. Put up posters. It doesnt need to have anything in it about the end of the world, it can simply be a way to meet people and strengthen the community. Soon, more will catch on. They will see the benefits of eating healthy and reliance upon themselves, it will even be fun.
Before you know it, people will be relying on one another without even realizing it. They will lose awareness of the world around them, and when it comes barging in they will want nothing to do with it because they will see the importance of working together as a community.

I'm not just speaking out of my butt either. I happen to be lucky enough to part of such a community here in northern CA, the entire town. It's incredible. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone rides bikes, grows their own food, form drum circles under the full moon and celebrate life. If every community was like this, we, the people, would be unstoppable, because we would not need to rely upon anyone else, and would only welcome new comers to our way of life.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You live in a hippy commune in California! hehehehehe I'd love to see that. (I mean seriously, I'd like to see it. I'm not making fun) I do have a question for you..all these people that are working together for the common good of their community...where do they live? In houses? I mean, who pays for the lodging? Is it tents? who pays the property tax? Or are you supposed to work a full job AND farm?

Calling the representatives on the bailout didn't work because there were thousands of voices, all agreeing on the issue but not shouting it in one voice. I mean, a thousand people are easy to ignore when they all yell individually. A thousand people that all yell the same words at one time, that's deafening.

That's what I mean by a rallying symbol, it's a cause, something everyone gets on the same page and marches as one. That's what I'm referring to.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It is time for you people to unite and stop biquering about your different lifestyles, you the cat with the gun you maybe the one out of place on this beautiful planet. Never crossed your mind that your creed belongs on Mars?

I wish to point out that "a collective personal act of defiance" attitude is dangerous to all of us and very unfair to all species, we are facing the ARMYS, full garb, American, Russian and chinese, do you seriously think countries that spend trillions of dollars on weapons are doing it for safety - no they want to play!

I beleive many of us have a deep love of life, an inate understanding of nature, and deserve to ride this EARTH.

This shining piece of truth makes me wonder how could we ever loose

ps I have dissed roman law and am protected under Cesidian law now

[edit on 20-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Message to all continents - Global Week of Action
www.indymedia.org.uk...

If you are reading this post, then take the initiative and get something organized in your area for July 4th 2009. E-mail the above link to trade unions, community organisations, local newspapers etc wherever you live; on whichever continent.

Get the ball rolling!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I guess that was the strange mistake the hippies made in Chicago in 68. They assumed everyone was with them.

In the end they learned that America just wants to go shopping, get married and pay their mortgage. If Jr. makes a touchdown or Sally wins school president, that's just peaches

Easy Rider: I really hope you make it, ya know?

The Deer Hunter: I don't think Nick's gonna make it.

See, everyone talkin about the revolution man, on alternative website messageboard.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Here is the truth:

Are you ready?

i totaly agree on this! after all the threads and quotes ive read on ATS this is the only thing that makes sense!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

lol. We live in houses, and have regular jobs, but only because nothing is perfect. Many of us have lots of room mates so the rent is cheap, and lots more work at the co-op. There is also a bike church where anyone can come and put together a bike on a donation base. A speakeasy for a little extra cash and some great microbrews, and chickens running around for fresh eggs in the morning.
Obviously not the entire town is in on it, but more than I've ever seen anywhere else. Those who dont really share the same lifestyle are still very open minded, and the town has the highest ratios of PHDs to the people living there.

Hippie, maybe a little, but were still part of the system.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by battlescar

To think that there is no solution to a problem makes no sense at all.
I think you should re read many posts you've read on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Sure, but in 68, not everyone was losing their jobs and the dollar was still strong.
Now people should be realizing that all this shopping and slaving away for nothing but bad credit was the wrong way. Perhaps the hippies were just ahead of their time.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's my idea: We need to have the world's largest conference call. One or several 800 numbers into which participants can call and have their say. I would call this, "The Electronic Lodge" but "The Conference Call" would be fine too. I take this idea from the indian idea that everyone in the tribe can have their say. But one central part of this idea is that there is one fire, and one microphone so you can't have diverse chat groups. There must be one, huge, conference call.

So let's say a billion world-folk want to dial up and have that conference call (perhaps we'd need to convince the phone co's to give us free lines for the call) and are willing to wait in line to have their say. Well, that'll take forever. So, what we'd need is to break the billion into chunks which are managable (say maybe 10,000 people per call?) with each call moderated and out of those groups, there'd be those who are the best thinkers and who have the best ideas. Each call would take a day, let's say, and all world can listen in somehow. So then after 3 months that's 900,000 people who've had their say. Not too shabby. Now if you agree to have some sort of bracket where there are several calls at a time, one could easily have a billion people have their say within a few months. All of it would be analyzed via FOIA methods where all Earthlings can listen to the calls, kinda like You Tube, ya know?

This is ludicrous I know, but in it is perhaps the seed of a solution, easily activated. 10,000 people is like your average NBA game, and that can be moderated with enough mods. Each call would not doubt provide many, many useable soundbytes for the media. Who doesn't think the common people can have some good ideas? Not me. I think these calls would produce entertainent and also solutions. You'd need to have the bombastics and the loudest people being severely moderated otherwise they' take over the group through sheer filibuster. But with enough time, I think each person could have their say. What I am describin is perhaps more than a vote, but a filibuster for every human on Earth?

But yes, there needs to be unique and affectable solutions proposed, and I think the modern day invention of "The Conference Call" can be the next step forward from Kings and then Parliment/Government. Now that we have conference calling, how can anyone say the solution is not within our grasp? I think it would be harder for the "mob" to rule a conference call.

The tech related to transferring data/voice over copper wires has been reduced to almost child-like simplicity. With simple cat-5 connectors and IP routers, all of the US could be transformed into a person-to-person techno-democracy within one week. BUT, that doesn't even have to happen, because simple plain-old-telephone service will do.

Where is that global forum which obviously our ancestors thought we would create? Of all the things a people need, it is a central place to have their say and to hear all the ideas. Why have we not already used the tools that exist to create that forum? Is TV really so interesting?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well i can tell you where to start, even if you don't like glenn beck I suggest you use his the912project.com network. You will meet similar people like you in your area that will band together to get rid of this corruption. Once your communities band together, we can then band the states together and march on washington.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join