It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Members of ATS, residents of the United States, I invite you all to the discussion of the future of our country.

T&C specifically state that there will be no petitioning on the site, so lets make sure to keep this discussion within these rules. We can work around them.

The future of our country is in jeopardy. We can all see it. The time has come to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal, to save the world.

The economy is collapsing. Many are suffering, a few get richer. The new president has passed many good laws, but has used them to cover up the many loopholes he is creating.
I wont list all the scandals, this isnt that type of discussion. We already know whats going on out there. We've already seen its effects on ourselves, and the people we love.
This is a discussion of how we, the people, are going to take our country back.

I don't claim to have the answer, I need your help. Lets work together, and when I say work, I mean more than just discuss it. We need to come up with a solution and implement it. The revolution is coming, but we need to go about it the right way. Those things we read about growing up, that some of us here actually witnessed in the 60's and 70's have been forgotten. They've been drowned out by pop culture, hollywood movies, and our children's educations leading them to think that this new corporate culture is the right way, that america is the right way, that our govt. is the only way.
They are brainwashing society and blocking out the past, the free thinkers. They are putting a system in place that will overthrow the world if we don't do something about it now.

The decisions made by our govt. have destroyed the planet, enslaved 3rd world nations, and broken homes, all to put a few bucks in the pockets of the already rich.
I tell you now that we don't need money. This is not how man was supposed to live.
We've been alive for over 12,000 years and we're still stuck with the same useless mindset that has destroyed us in the past. Why are we separated? Any logical person knows that if we unite and work together the world will be a better place.
We dont need money or power, we need to coexist. Money? Who needs it on a gift economy. We should want to help out our fellow man because if we do we will all benefit in the long run. How many great minds have been destroyed because of our stupidity... We've been alive for over 12,000 years people! What is wrong with us!

But who am I? A no one. I'm not a senator, president, politician. I'm not a CEO, a lobbyist, a general. So I leave you with a few quotes from people who have changed the world, people we should all listen to, people who knew where the world was heading, people who put it to us to stop it. The constitution was created for the people, we hold the power, only we can change our future....

The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.
-Thomas Jefferson

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to
tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of
corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will
endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until
the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed."
-Abraham Lincoln

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise
their Constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to
dismember it or overthrow it."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Be the change that you want to see in the world."
-Mohandas Gandhi

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."
-Buddha

"Action expresses priorities."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Please, help me discover what we need to do. It's time...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The reason we have a class system in every single political system that man has ever created is because of scarcity. There's really no getting around this unless you're espousing Marxism. Even if you create a new government built on Marxist ideology it's doomed to fail because of human nature and greed as it relates to scarcity.

People really need to understand how scarcity intrinsically implies a class system and how all systems of government fundamentally inherit this structure.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I know exactly what we need to do, but I'm not gonna post it on here because I'll probably have some men in black at my door within hours.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

The future of our country is in jeopardy. We can all see it. The time has come to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal, to save the world.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you suggesting that the US is the world? I am reading it in context to the paragraph where you mention your country in jeopardy.

Do you wish to save the US, the world or both?

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I thought this was going to bea revolution thread, and you didnt disappoint =)

well, I dont know where to start, and maybe thats our problem? We dont know where to begin. Gathering people together for the betterment of man is the most difficult task you can ask of anyone. That in itself will be our biggest problem. You cant bring people together because frankly, a lot of people dont want to come together, and they will fight with whatever they had to keep things the way that they are. While the majority of us believe that things desperately need changing, I just cant see it happening.
I dont say this to be a defeatist, but I say it as a realist. People are corrupt, and the world around us is corrupt, and I believe the only thing that will change that is for an uncontrolled mishap to happen to the people of this planet that wipes everything that we know out of existance. They say human beings are the most intelligent beings on this planet, while that in some ways may be true, we are also among the dumbest creatures on this planet for we dont know how to resolve to many what seems the simplest problems. PEACE- The word in itself is contradicting because without hate, you cant have peace, and without peace, you cant have hate(yin/yang). So sometimes to me it seems almost impossible to change what is, unless something beyond our control interferes with that. I love what you are doing with this thread, and I will try and bring as much as I can to this discussion, but I can almost see this thread never ending because people are already so much conflicting between one another, even the 'geniuses'. Each individual has their own views of what the world really should be, so if you think about it, thats over seven billion individual beliefs that are not so easily forged into one. I do think however if we find out a way to get the ball rolling, that would be our greatest accomplishment(not getting there). Once you start changing things for the better, you are bound to find a better sense of self fulfillment.
Lets get to work.

Edit- I hope people take this thread serious, or at least try to, because I have been hearing people calling for change without putting in effort to try n change it. The poster here at least is trying to do something good, so I think that we should all at least try and help out as much as we can. If not, than the whole point of changing the way things are, is a mute point, because those will be the people who will prevent anything in this world from changing.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you suggesting that the US is the world? I am reading it in context to the paragraph where you mention your country in jeopardy.

Do you wish to save the US, the world or both?

IRM

Both. I knew while I was writing the OP that statement may confuse some.
I'm not suggesting the US is the world, but, to me, it seems that most English speaking countries are working towards this goal of a one world govt. Which wouldnt be a bad thing if we did it the right way.
I have a feeling that there are two outcomes of the current regime. The first is that the united states combines with all of North America, then combine with the EU, and then the entire world. Or after we combine with the EU, China will try and stop us.
With either outcome, the result is the same, many people will suffer.

As of right now, I am talking about revolutionizing the US, and in the long run, hoping that will change the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thanks for the kind words, and your opinions.

I have a general idea of how I want to go about revolutionizing this country, but it can only be done through teamwork and cooperation with eachother, and in a peaceful way. Evil begets evil, and I often have to remind myself of this when I have thoughts of violent riots and even as far as wanting these guys in power to just disappear (if you know what I mean). But these thoughts will only lead to more harm, and MUST not be the way we go about it.

This may sound silly, but I believe the first step is food.
Hear me out.
So many of us are eating unhealthy and destroying our bodies while giving our wallets to big corporations. You must have a healthy body because without one you won't have the energy to go about your daily life constructively.
Food will also bring us together, and while many of us think that our time is more valuable than growing or cooking our own food, we are destroying ourselves by eating fast food and chemicals.
So we have to build co-ops. Where everyone volunteers some time to growing in a community garden. People who can cook will, people who can grow will, but we can all help out, and it will strengthen our dependence on eachother rather than whats being offered to us right now.

Next, we implement a gift economy, on a small scale, through our own neighborhoods. Everyone has a talent the community can use, even if its art. People will trade for things that touch them some how. Cloth swaps instead of spending thousands of dollars on the latest fashion. I mean who really cares if your wearing the latest trend? As long as you have cloths on your back and a full stomach your good to go.

Next is voicing our opinions. Once the first two actions are implemented, people will start to realize how much they dont need what society tells us we need today. We will be unified like never before. We will start to see how much we need eachother instead of isolating ourselves in our homes and building fences to separate ourselves even more. When this mind set is accomplished, our love will spread like a disease. We don't want to hurt anyone, we want to welcome them into our community, put cloths on their backs and food in their stomachs. We'll celebrate life, rely on the land and new clean technology. Obviously we'll still need science, and those that want to pursue it will be supported. We'll still need architects and carpenters, artists and doctors, but we'll be supporting ourselves, not relying on anyone else.
How can the govt. control us if we show them that we don't need them. That we can exist with eachother.

Obviously people are concerned about the outside world, but lets focus on ourselves for a minute. Lets fix this country. Make America the land of the free, where everyone works for eachother and celebrates our existence. Once we can do that, the rest of the world will catch on, I'm telling you.

It's late, I'm not even sure of everything I just said, but I'll try and summarize my ideas more tomorrow or the next day.
I want to hear your ideas as well, we have to work together, we can't give up hope, its all we have left.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
What people need to start with is "awareness" of the self. If you're not conscious of the self, it's difficult to solve problems. The polarity of the mind is very present, due to extreme manipulation both from visible and invisible realms.
Humans need to understand the experiences they're having in this physical reality. They also need to let go of the past, and the memory of the human race. In computer terms, it could translate to a change of hard disk with a new operating system.
Because we live in according to the past (memory of the human race), the influences are very strong, and it's hard to bypass them, unless you are truly conscious.
Insights i have for the future of humanity are filled with great shocks to change our ways. But these shocks we'll experiment will be necessary for they will allow us to finally let go of the past, and start a new "human race" that will not allow power, domination, war, etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz

They also need to let go of the past

I disagree. In the United States, the past holds the answer to our future. We need to go back to the type of thinking that was going on during the American Revolution and FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION like we used to. The Constitution is setup beautifully for LIBERTY and FREEDOM.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The only real way I can see for any real change to come to this country, is to do what people have only talked about. To finally put all of the talk into action and by that I mean revolt against the government and systems that have destroyed this country. We all know it needs to be done, only question is, who is willing, which group will stand up and start the revolution. Once it starts we all know the people will follow. It was done once before to throw off the tyranny and oppression of a corrupt government. It is time the people once again rise up and declare in one voice, "We won't take it anymore, its time for change.". Its time to stop sitting by idle while the whole country burns around us.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I see liberty and freedom as part of the polarity except when it comes to the liberty of the mind. But i respect your reply.
The important thing is that people cooperate, to be able to survive what's coming our way...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There are those of us that have plans in play and other things in planning that are in no way illegal or violent on our side. These things take time and patience to get right. In order for the plans to play out everything must go as planned. I know it sounds like circular speaking but it is the best way that I can explain things at the moment. I am organizing and rallying as we speak. My initial move for our nations people should garner National MSM coverage. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here is the truth:

The Ship is sinking and it's every man for himself. There is no solution to this problem. In fact, the only solution may be WWIII, and that's not a joke.

We can sit here on ATS and act like we can figure out a way to solve this problem, but the real reason you tell people to WAKE UP, is because it's obvious that sooner or later the SHTF.

Are you ready?

None of us really are, but we can do our best to get off the sinking ship and survive in the water.

And if the ship doesn't sink, it's because the NWO rescued it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Sadly, most of what you say is right. People cant come together, because everyone is stuck in this spot to where they think nothing good can come out of this except for total and complete chaos and ruin. We havent gotten past the B.C. idealogy. Thousandsof years, we have acted the same as the people before us, its human nature to 'want' and 'destroy'. Its the same feeling you get when you are shooting at a target with a machine gun till it blows up, theres nothing more thrilling in life than to see something destroyed, and this is very common. People try to blame this on messed up thought patterns, but I believe it is something that we have inherited from our ancestors thousands of years ago, that we are unable to shed. Its really quite pathetic we allow all of this to happen, yet we sit here and criticize it when it does happen.
So when you say WW3 is on the brink, i can agree with you because I dont see anything good comming from us humans. We are meant to love and hate, not just love. They both go hand in hand, and anyone who says different is just fooling themselves.
But since we understand all of this, why dont we act on it? We are smart enough to realize it, but we arent smart enough to do anything about it.
That is what is holding us back.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Teklordz,

Awareness of self is critical. Thank you for reminding me. I feel that many of us here have reached such awareness, even if its simply knowing that we need this awareness, and so I sometimes forget to talk about it.

"He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye."

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. "

"We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them."

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. "

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. "

-Buddha

We are capable of incredible things inside ourselves.
Take the time to explore your mind, its worth it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
ATS has some very talented researchers and writers. Would someone take up the mantle to research and write a proclamation of grievances? Something we can get on paper and begin a petition for? I believe we cant go anywhere with any kind of movement unless that step is taken first. People have to know and agree what they are angry about before we can rectify that situation. I'm a fantastic writer, and I am willing to put together the document, but I can't research all the issues myself.

Who would answer that call?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

that is a start. I think the way to get ideas for such a document is by following this thread and jotting down ideas. Here is the question, what will a petition do for us? really? Lets say we get 2 million people to sign this petition....and we send it to lets say congress...do you think they would actually listen to us? I wish that they would, but I dont think that would work out so well.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I will do what I can to help with the research, but I will need many more to help me. To much out there for me to get it all together.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galaxi
The only real way I can see for any real change to come to this country, is to do what people have only talked about. To finally put all of the talk into action and by that I mean revolt against the government and systems that have destroyed this country. We all know it needs to be done, only question is, who is willing, which group will stand up and start the revolution. Once it starts we all know the people will follow. It was done once before to throw off the tyranny and oppression of a corrupt government. It is time the people once again rise up and declare in one voice, "We won't take it anymore, its time for change.". Its time to stop sitting by idle while the whole country burns around us.

We MUST, MUST, be non violent about it.
You mention that we revolted against our leaders in the past, but look to where that has lead us today. We revolted, and then killed about 16 million native americans and left it out of the text books. We were just like our oppressors, and thats not the way to act.

Even if we killed, people will remember the people that stood up united in peace and the govt that shot them down. They won't let it happen, and if they do, those involved will not be able to live with themselves.
Its a HUGE sacrifice if it ever came to it, but one that would live on for centuries.

"Fear of death makes us devoid both of valour and religion. For want of valour is want of religious faith. "

"Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion."

"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act. "

-Gandhi

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Thanks for the kind words. Thought manipulation is so important nowadays, we need to free our mind from manipulation, for it blocks our evolution. The only way to achieve this goal is to become conscious. Consciouness is the key.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join