It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
To heck with petittions, marches, protests. The only thing we have left (and boy oh boy, I hope they don't take THAT away) is the VOTE.

I'm going to run for congress in my area. Why doesn't everyone who feels that they can make a difference do the same? I mean, I probably won't win. But my voice will be heard. If enough people ACT instead of just sitting behind the safety of their computers, then we might be able to do something other than watching the country go down the toilet.

Don't just SAY something, DO something!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I feel like I started my own revolution a long time ago. I stopped shopping at big box stores. Stopped handing Starbucks money for overpriced coffee. Started exploring ways to buy locally, and made changes with whom we do business with. These things are small, and probably have little affect globally, but once I saw more and more people doing it, I have seen the positives on the locals and their own prosperity.
I also started taking measures to protect my family as much as I can, with what preparations I've made. I think the time is coming to start encouraging others to look outside of their door and help other people get prepared. How, I'm not sure. Alot of people are still asleep.

I also think it's time to start thinking about *our* country. We do not always have to think globally.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Asherah]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
To heck with petittions, marches, protests. The only thing we have left (and boy oh boy, I hope they don't take THAT away) is the VOTE.

I have done all of these things, and I am still not satisfied. Still seeing my country fall apart, and country men and women suffering at the hands of politicians.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Sadly, most of what you say is right. People cant come together, because everyone is stuck in this spot to where they think nothing good can come out of this except for total and complete chaos and ruin. We havent gotten past the B.C. idealogy. Thousandsof years, we have acted the same as the people before us, its human nature to 'want' and 'destroy'. Its the same feeling you get when you are shooting at a target with a machine gun till it blows up, theres nothing more thrilling in life than to see something destroyed, and this is very common. People try to blame this on messed up thought patterns, but I believe it is something that we have inherited from our ancestors thousands of years ago, that we are unable to shed. Its really quite pathetic we allow all of this to happen, yet we sit here and criticize it when it does happen. So when you say WW3 is on the brink, i can agree with you because I dont see anything good comming from us humans. We are meant to love and hate, not just love. They both go hand in hand, and anyone who says different is just fooling themselves. But since we understand all of this, why dont we act on it? We are smart enough to realize it, but we arent smart enough to do anything about it. That is what is holding us back.

Read that through the eyes of "The NWO" say, one of the higher ups read that. Imagine the #ing pure satisfaction they would get out of it. When I read your post , thats all that I could think. That unfortuanitly is the chilling reality of our world.

So, one step at a time, what will we do once were off the grid?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

That's only because there was no one worth voting for. We need people in office that can truely make a difference. We need people that have read The Bill of Rights, The Constitution.

Keep the faith.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Its great to see people coming here and sharing, even if its disagreeing.
In the end, everything is choice.
One could hope hes informed enough to make that decision...

[]´s
RP

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This didn't pass the house in Arizona.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
The future of our country is in jeopardy. We can all see it. The time has come to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal, to save the world.

Sort YOUR country out and the world won't need saving, and if it does... don't call us we'll call you!

What are YOU doing about your countries problems other than posting on a forum?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank you all for your replies and ideas.
I just returned from a 3 hour hike to try and sort things out in my head.
Now I need to get ready for work, and tonight I'm heading into the city with a few friends to celebrate my birthday by listening to some great performers.

I PROMISE that I will read EVERY post and respond to every post when I return. I'll answer what I can after I grab a shower before I leave for work, and the rest I'll respond to when I get back in the morning.

I seriously want you all to know that I'm very grateful for all of your comments, and I stick by every word I've said in this thread.

See you soon.

Wow Happy Birththday Odessy, I was kinda reluctant when I saw the title of your thread but it is turning out to be a find thread indeed

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know how to act, rather than discuss!

We all head to London to protest the G20 Summit meeting scheduled on April 2nd 2009. I mean block every entrance. It would, however only deter them. I believe there is nothing we can literally do.

Calling our representatives hasn’t done a lot of good. I’m up to an answer on this issue as well. What do you propose???

I also agree this is not just an American issue. It's Global!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I recently posted in another thread about feeling like Cassandra at Troy. If you don't know the story (shame on you!)... she was the daughter of Priam (the King of Troy during the Trojan war). She had the gift of foresight, but the curse that no one would heed her predictions (kind of hellish, no?). So, she told her father repeatedly that the city of Troy was doomed, but no one ever listened to her.

Likewise, she was taken by the victorious Greek King Agamemnon back to Mycenae in Greece. She told him that she had predicted the fall of Troy, and then proceeded to tell him that his wife was going to kill him. Agamemnon did not believe her, and, surely enough, was killed by Clytemnestra, his wife.

My point? Don't any of you feel like you have been sounding the warning bell for months or years now and that no one has listened? Either that or that nothing you have or could do could make the change you know is needed?

Have you found yourself wondering if our leaders, in every nation and in every industry, and even in the reform movements that are supposed to represent you... have they read their history?

In response to the post topic, I reply quite bleakly, that the time has come, and passed. If we are to be saved, it will take a massive reform. What shape this may take, I leave that up to your very effective, collective, imaginations.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
We will win. The government can only control millions of people for so long. The government cant make people do what they dont want to do. If this crap continues then the people will revolt, but only when they see that people are for the government and not the other way around. Thats bound to happen eventually.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson once said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Well me personally, i'll give the American people one last chance before i get too upset, but if we're still headed in this direction in another four years I'll do my best to instigate a situation where the tree IS refreshed, if you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All I can think of doing is signing petitions, going to protests (go to the tea party coming near you!)calling your congress, mail them, fax them

and most importantly don't elect them again!!! vote third party if we must!!!

lets hope noone really tries to start a revolution with guns ect it'll really hurt the non-violence movement.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I have bought a Colt 45 semi-auto and 120 rounds to go with my Raven 25 and 200 rounds. I bought 2 years worth of food and non GMO seeds which will pollinate. I also bought Israeli bio masks (adult and Children size) I bought an Ecoloblue humidity water generator with multiple filters along with a "MySolarBackup" which will power my electrical items like the water generator. It pulls the humidity out of the air and turns it into pure filtered water for as long as it works. Find yourself an underground area just in case.

All this ran about $4,500 - not a lot for survival.

Sometimes you have to plan to help yourself instead of putting faith in the corruptable.

I have a friend who is from a reservation in Montana and if things go down, horses and a plan are the only way to go.

That is what we are all looking at.

It is all about the 7 P's

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
We will win. The government can only control millions of people for so long. The government cant make people do what they dont want to do. If this crap continues then the people will revolt, but only when they see that people are for the government and not the other way around. Thats bound to happen eventually.

Are you kidding. If the govt. throws just 50-60 thousand in FEMA camps, the rest will be like lambs. As soon as the govt. realizes this it will happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

I wish I could friend.
I'm a 24 yr old college grad with no money working at a coffee shop on the side to pay bills and work in the community on my off time.
I too have no money, and while I'm still in the system, am working my way out slowly. It will be a gradual change, but my quality of life has sky rocketed ten fold.
I'm about to start my MFA this summer, so I'm afraid there is no way I can personally pay for you to come out here, give you lodging, etc.
I am putting my money where my mouth is, however, because I'm proactively getting involved with my neighborhood co-op etc.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I truly am, but don't be an employee to someone, be a leader. Look around, I'm sure you could find others in the community willing to start a co-op or perhaps one already exists.
I graduated with a business degree and am working a high school job. Times are tuff, but we need to stick it out.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
The reason we have a class system in every single political system that man has ever created is because of scarcity. There's really no getting around this unless you're espousing Marxism. Even if you create a new government built on Marxist ideology it's doomed to fail because of human nature and greed as it relates to scarcity.

Any society that embraces Marxism, or any of it's forms will always become a Communist dictatorship. Just like any society that allows Corporations, and the rich to get all the power will become a Fascist Dictatorship.

There have to be some compromises, but even those compromises must be for the good of all, and not just a few people, or the mayority of the people, hence the perfect society for humans beings are Representative Republics.

Our Republic is being attacked, and it is being dismantled slowly, but surely. With the new administration the dismantling is picking up pace at break-neck speed.

If we allow the present administration to contine to implement laws that are only being implemented to control us, we will soon have no way of taking our country back.

We have to let them know what we, the people really want. People should understand the country they are living on. Unfortunately part of the reason why our country is being dismantled, is because most Americans have not even read, or understand our Constitution, our Bills of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, and every document and facet by which this Great Republic was founded.

This is the reason why there is so much division in the United States. Even people who embrace some parts of the Constitution, or the Bills of Rights, disregard other parts of these sacred documents which were written for all future generations of America.

When people vote for a candidate to presidency of the United States of America who states loud, and clear that "we need a new Declaration of Independence", or that "the old documents by which this nation was founded are obsolete" or makes similar statements, these Americans are voting to dismantle the Great Republic.

People have to begin to read every one of these documents by which our nation was founded, and understand that they were written to give every single American, as well as every single Human being, unalienable rights, and I quote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

www.ushistory.org...]

We can't just abide by some of the values given by these documents, we have to abide, and understand every single one of them, and have to uphold and defend every one of them.

When Americans start doing this, then we will start taking our country back.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Sort YOUR country out and the world won't need saving, and if it does... don't call us we'll call you!

If you had read my other posts:

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you suggesting that the US is the world? I am reading it in context to the paragraph where you mention your country in jeopardy.

Do you wish to save the US, the world or both?

IRM

Both. I knew while I was writing the OP that statement may confuse some.
I'm not suggesting the US is the world, but, to me, it seems that most English speaking countries are working towards this goal of a one world govt. Which wouldnt be a bad thing if we did it the right way.
I have a feeling that there are two outcomes of the current regime. The first is that the united states combines with all of North America, then combine with the EU, and then the entire world. Or after we combine with the EU, China will try and stop us.
With either outcome, the result is the same, many people will suffer.

As of right now, I am talking about revolutionizing the US, and in the long run, hoping that will change the world.

What are YOU doing about your countries problems other than posting on a forum?

Again, if you had read my other posts:

reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Start a co-op, see how many people will want to get involved. Put up posters. It doesnt need to have anything in it about the end of the world, it can simply be a way to meet people and strengthen the community. Soon, more will catch on. They will see the benefits of eating healthy and reliance upon themselves, it will even be fun.
Before you know it, people will be relying on one another without even realizing it. They will lose awareness of the world around them, and when it comes barging in they will want nothing to do with it because they will see the importance of working together as a community.

I'm not just speaking out of my butt either. I happen to be lucky enough to part of such a community here in northern CA, the entire town. It's incredible. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone rides bikes, grows their own food, form drum circles under the full moon and celebrate life. If every community was like this, we, the people, would be unstoppable, because we would not need to rely upon anyone else, and would only welcome new comers to our way of life.

Sorry guys, I've read a lot of your posts and can't wait to answer them, but I have to be going off to work now. I look forward to answering more when I return from the city in the morning.

Thanks again, and I can't wait to hear more of what you all have to say.

I will say that I have a plan of action that I will also write when I have the time tomorrow or the next day, post it, and see what you all have to say.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

The future of our country is in jeopardy. We can all see it. The time has come to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal, to save the world.

I admire your youthful exhuberance - Bravo !

But, to quote those timeless words of Mr. Allan Greenspan, chief architect of the housing bubble which acted like the trigger setting off this whole economic meltdown, "irrational exhuberance," will do nobody any good.

What we are all seeing play out around us now, essentially the collapse of a house of cards, a carefully architected house by the way, began a long, long time ago, at least in the year 1913, when the Federal Reserve System was enacted into law here in the US, and possibly long before that, if you subscribe to any of the multitudinous theories of cabals going back to the Protocols of the Elders, space aliens who used us for slaves on the continent of Atlantis, etc, etc, ad nauseum ...

Whatever one chooses to believe about all that, which is to say, how we got here, it is now all irrelevant to the fact that, here we are.

Facing the cold hard facts is the only reasonable starting point ...

Facts

They are ready.

Everything is in place for every concievable eventuality. We've got the FEMA camps, we've got PD-51, we've got H5N1, and best of all ...

Well, I think you get the picture ...

Where to Go From Here

1. The only possible starting point is community. More and more community. This objective, in itself will probably be an impossible attainment for us here in American culture, where we have been trained since early childhood to compete with one another, to fear and suspect each other, to depend on the government and the establishment for everything we need instead of depending on our own neighbors and on each other, etc, etc, ad nauseum ...

We are now so busy all fighting each other, at whichever scale of special interest you'd care to consider, that the odds are vastly against us ever focusing our energies in a unified effort against the real enemy ...

See what I mean? All is in readiness...

2. No violence! I repeat, No violence!

They are definately ready for that contingency, what with 150,000 battle hardened veterans of close-in urban-warfare tactics and maneuvers, as well as all those six-inch gas mains running to those brand-new, never yet used high-performance incinerators at some of the FEMA camps.

Beyond the Army's now undisputed urban military capability ( and their superiority both in the air and on the ground - especially at night ...
) , if things ever get out of hand, all it will take to correct the situation is a couple of crops dusters and somethin' extry special from the boys in the lab to mop it all up ...

Either way, those brand new, shiny incinerators will come in handy then, won't they?

So, I repeat - No violence!

3. Just shut 'em down. Just stop! Stop going to work, stop paying your mortgage, stop paying anything to anybody.

Are we prepared to barter with our neighbors ? To burn firewood for our cooking and our heat? For doing our laundry by hand? For growing our own food ? For doing our own doctoring ? For the most part, I doubt it ...

This is the only way, and a lot of people will get hurt this way, anyway ... ask yourself, what about the kids ?

Summary

Since there almost certainly isn't the critical mass of individuals to make (3), above, effective, I would say there's only one reasonable thing to do, in view of the above facts.

Get yourself and your family ready for whatever's coming.

This means getting as much non-perishable food stocked away as you can. And water ! Things like rice in 50 lb bags, other classes of dried grains like chick-peas, lentils ( both yellow and brown ), and green peas, for nutritional requirements. Wheat. Lime and/or lemon juice. Vitamins. White flour and dried yeast. And don't forget cheese and powdered milk ! etc, etc, but not ad nauseum

Antibiotics, especially ciprofloxin 500mg caps ...

Iodine pills for purifying standing water so you can drink it without boiling first, like when you might be in a hurry ...

It probably wouldn't hurt to have the appropriate defensive technology as well as plenty of whatever that technology requires to be effective, all stashed away, high and dry, and easily accessible for when it's needed.

And try to get out of the big cities. Those will be the absolute worst.

People are going to need skills most of us are all sadly lacking. The kinds of skills which were common here in America prior to three generations ago.

Like I said - all is in readiness ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join