It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on Nasa TV! STS119 Discovery encounters UFO!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

There is so much about the universe that we do not know..and that universe begins 1 inch off the ground.

Nice - i hadnt thought of it like that, incidently are you watching nasa tv right now?
The iss was in full screen view and had a few lights that appeared to be floating around it, the second one moved out of shot they switched back to main control room footage.
Just an observatiion .

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Also does anyone know what they are fimling the iss with shuttle docked from?
Is it the Hubble? - i didnt think it was that close.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I never said I wasn't a believer. Please do not assume anymore than you already are.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It looks a lot like it could be my maglight. I lost it a few days back.

I hope they manage to retrieve it with their grabber thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Thanks, this way people that has not been following these images can get a better view of how things happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you, wmd and jedi!!!!

First thing I thought of, when I saw the video, was the Moon.

The Shuttle is maneuvering to align for the docking.....the fixed-position camera just happened to catch the Moon in the picture as the Shuttle slowly repositioned. Key word there: Slowly.

I knew I'd get flamed for suggesting it early on....probably will now, anyway.....(sigh)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you, wmd and jedi!!!!

First thing I thought of, when I saw the video, was the Moon.

The Shuttle is maneuvering to align for the docking.....the fixed-position camera just happened to catch the Moon in the picture as the Shuttle slowly repositioned. Key word there: Slowly.

I knew I'd get flamed for suggesting it early on....probably will now, anyway.....(sigh)

No they aren't flamming you and if you look at the posts since I mentioned it they are all continuing to talk UFO
an ignoring what is the obvious answer because on here everyone bar a few people REALLY want it to be the FANTASY answer first before looking at what in reality its more likely to be.

They should all read my sig for some good advice!

They should exclude all the possible ORDINARY reasons for what they see if they are ruled out then speculate! on what it could be.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by RFBurns

I never said I wasn't a believer. Please do not assume anymore than you already are.

- Strype

Umm scuse me but I never said YOU were not a believer. So please dont assume someone is saying something when clearly they are not.

And certianly do not assume someone else is assuming either.

Thank you.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d560aeecd787.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aec8e81d3fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Obviously this means this object is no where near that docking view cone assembly, and is further away from it.
[edit on 18-3-2009 by RFBurns]

Or it is very small and close to the docking camera. The flood light seen on the left of the camera makes it look extremely bright. Same effect as orbs photographed at night when flash is enabled.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I forgot to say "obviously". So here it is:
Obviously an out of focus, see-through, minuscule debris. it looks exactly like that to anyone with a little experience in photography. You know, the deph of field thingy some people don't want to hear about.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Kinda makes you rethink this ole fav

2 to 3 miles big, thats 1 BIG piece of ice debris

Never saw this one before. All I can saw is wow.

Those objects all look identical in shape and appearance.

Circular with a donut like middle hole and on the edge of a some part of the object is a section cut out.

What are those?

They look like cells in our body....which begs the question........

Is space just the inside of another being or person. And inside us looks like space and inside the people inside us looks like space....

Never ending.

As above, so below

??

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
I forgot to say "obviously". So here it is:
Obviously an out of focus, see-through, minuscule debris. it looks exactly like that to anyone with a little experience in photography. You know, the deph of field thingy some people don't want to hear about.

Yes thats one possibility. With that much light, that tiny particle at least should show itself in the first photo, even as a tiny spec or dot. Looks pretty dark in the circle area.

I think if we had a wide shot of the docking ring assembly that would at least give us more clue as to exactly where that object is. The spotlight is very bright, so that should light up something in the vicinity of the FOV of both cameras.

I do not think that the object would be so tiny that only one camera and not the other would pick it up. Especially when there is such a bright spotlight there.

Even lingering dust particles lit up by a dim flashlight can be seen in a dark room.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
GREAT video, nice catch!

NASA missed censoring this. They usually don't show any UFO's, this somehow got through their censor.

95+% of all NASA live operations voice and video are done on "secure" frequencies that we never hear or see.

This is a UFO, by definition. NASA will not acknowledge it, so do not expect on those rare occasions when the NASA censors screw up, to hear any comments on a UFO that might be on screen or the Astronauts are talking about.

I have seen this type of, what I call, "Sand Dollar" UFO several times. I have seen them on other uncensored NASA films. I have also seen pictures of the Sand Dollar on earth, on several different occasions. I have no idea what it is, besides a "UFO".

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Ice Crystals? Ha Ha, we all know it is swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just to clarify some doubts about the white orb to be the ISS. No it was not the ISS and
I made this comparison of both images, the white anomaly and the ISS as viewed by
Discovery two hours later.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Good find s/f!

Gotta love live feeds

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think it's strange how these dust particles, which doesn't really seem to be large in numbers, manage to float right before the camera from time to time.
If we take in consideration that space is pretty big I think that the odds of Nasa catching ONE single dust particle floating in front of the camera to be HUGISHLY low. ( I know that is not a word ). Yet this seems to happen frequently.

I admit that some of these COULD be out of focus, lens anomalies.
But if you have a sense of details ( which I consider myself to have ) there is quite a difference between the lens anomalies that has been shown in other threads and these "dooh nuts".

First of all, I have never seen a lens anomalies illuminate, yes they can reflect light from time to time, but they are seldom constant but flashes in a chaotic pattern. These things we see in space in several of the NASA videos we have constant illumination and non chaotic pulsating ones as well.

Also, the lens anomalies I've be presented here on ATS have another "feel" to it compared to the ones in the NASA clips.
The Anomalies have a fuzzy texture inside of them, and the contours are not as sharp as in the NASA video.
Also, keep in mind that the NASA videos are far from sharp in general, which would mean that if it was an anomaly it would be alot more blurry than they are.

So, I can yet not buy that everything Illuminating, flashing, moving, shining, turning, accelerating, stopping or getting into a formation, would be ice particles, dust or any other kind of space debri.

I think you all, also have to open your mind more about life forms in space now since the "old" new news have been announced about bacteria in space.
That proves that life forms, not based upon the same building blocks as the inhabitants of earth are made off, can survive in an hostile environment as space.

For me, you can believe anything. This is what I believe.
And I also believe that we will see more and more of these.
And until it is REALLY proved to be dust and anomalies, and until NASA explains why they switch camera as soon as one of these gets into the view, I will stick to my believes.

/Akezzon

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yeah because if NASA saw a huge UFO with aliens inside it right in front of the camera and it is a danger to the people in the shuttle, they would just ignore it.

Scientists don't know as much as the people on ATS I can see.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

Since you're an expert of the radio-television operating spectrum, would you care to explain to everyone what a "SECURE FREQUENCY" is? I work in Television and Radio and I'd love to hear what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My biggest issue is the lack of any reaction by anyone in NASA or within the shuttle reacting to it. If a huge, glowing UFO was floating by, I think first, it would be quickly noticed, and second, quickly commented on. On the NASA control room view of this, it's slowly floating across the screen, and one nearby is even looking at it, they are completely ignoring it, as if they fully realize what it is, and that thing is not an unknown, giant, glowing spacecraft.

As cool as they are, I doubt there would be no reaction whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join