It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on Nasa TV! STS119 Discovery encounters UFO!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here are a few grabs before I go to bed 05.55 here...

1st. The position of the docking cam.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f23b1989f5c91faa.jpg[/atsimg]

2nd. Debris from the bay doors being opened.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0287edea2b9b91b6.jpg[/atsimg]

3rd. The tail glow.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3b997e2384436ff2.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for the link Phage..

Phages link to NASA vid

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I am.
Is this going to be a chat?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by free_spirit

Yes, I would like to see more, sometimes just a little more makes us have a better understanding of what happening.

Thanks.

THE EXTENDED VERSION

Here it is, an extended version of the footage for examination as it was broadcast by
NASA. The anomaly was ignored by the NASA lady who seems to be very busy making
comments, or maybe it wasn't?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Do this:

(click to open player in new window)

(with square brackets)

Thanks, that helps to see it is dayside after all.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Guys, the video should be discussed here;
NASA STS-119 Footage Discussion

Its okay.... I posted it in the 114 thread first at 11:25... should have done new thread first... no biggy deal... share the glory

I mean we can't go having more than one thread on a topic...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
These flying things look same on every video. Ice can be in any shape. But all we can see is "pancakes" running around. If it is camera glitch why they don't replace them with better ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Diplomat

So what is in the video - you seem to know it all?

wZn

Well if its the big WHITE over exposed ball of light eveyone is talking about when this manouver was being done was any other object in the field of view of the camera just a wild idea but how about the MOON!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hey, err....

I dont mean to be a debunker, but the challenge has been set.

I truley believe that there are aliens out there somewhere in the universe - its just too big to say there isnt.

But this footage is just the moon. Its causing lense flare as its so bright.

Also, if this were something as wild as it looks to some then the comments made by crew and ground would be much more defining, much more obvious. There is no editing here, no one at NASA cares about it, and thats because its just a satalite (the moon) orbiting earth.

They tracked it to get a positioning update.

Well, thats my theory. I want to here more though about why its not what I think it is because I want this to actually for once be something!!

Thanks for the post.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Jed1Knight]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Sorry, know this is off topic but who is that in ur avatar? it looks like bush/obama..

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage dont you ever sleep?
Or does your account get covered by people in shifts

Just kidding - must be all that coffee eh

Anyhow glad to see your a little more perplexed by this one as it is a bit of a head scratcher.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Interesting that the object is not seen anywhere near the docking view cone assembly at all in the scene where we see the docking view cone assembly, then the scene switches to the camera inside the docking view cone and we see the object fly by.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d560aeecd787.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aec8e81d3fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Obviously this means this object is no where near that docking view cone assembly, and is further away from it.

Anyone else notice that too?

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Morning RF - im with you on this one, Yet another example of a "critter" whatever they may be.
Another one of our tether friends paying a visit.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by RFBurns

Morning RF - im with you on this one, Yet another example of a "critter" whatever they may be.
Another one of our tether friends paying a visit.

Good Morning cropmuncher!

I think our critter friends are taking a deeper interest in our space activities. Perhaps making sure we dont further pallute their environment with leaky RCS thruster propellant or flushing the shuttle toilet waste into their living space.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82492a9d9c49.jpg[/atsimg]

I too would be quite upset at someone dumping their waste water into my living room!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's the same thing it was in the "Tether Video" hundreds of times over again. A piece of space debris distorting into the shape of the camera lens. If there were 10 of them, they'd all be "flat side" to the camera, just like they were in the tether video. I'd say more, but nothing more needs to be said.

- Strype

Edit: Added an S.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
It's the same thing it was in the "Tether Video" hundreds of times over again. A piece of space debris distorting into the shape of the camera lens. If there were 10 of them, they'd all be "flat side" to the camera, just like they were in the tether video. I'd say more, but nothing more needs to be said.

- Strype

Your right..nothing more needs to be said about the easy way out. Its ok though because the first photo above I posted does not show this debris.

Not so easy this time...is it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Obviously this means this object is no where near that docking view cone assembly, and is further away from it.

Cheers!!!!

Or it's too small to see from that camera, and is very close to the "docking view" camera. Isn't that just as plausible? Or is another HUGE craft laying flat on it's side for us, for perfect camera view more plausible?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Cheers!!!!

Or it's too small to see from that camera, and is very close to the "docking view" camera. Isn't that just as plausible? Or is another HUGE craft laying flat on it's side for us, for perfect camera view more plausible?

Perhaps too small...perhaps too convienient of an excuse..espeically when in previous posted images, a piece of debris is clearly seen at a distance from inside the cabin, through a rear window, and floating above the cargo bay.

I dont think that such a tiny piece of debris will not be seen as such a size and illumination from the docking ring camera vs the view from the other external camera that it is too small to be seen in that camera.

Way too convienient of an explanation...tho I dont rule it out..I just find it highly improbable.

To add...I do believe its one of the critters at a considerable distance that places it outside of the FOV of the external camera looking at the docking ring assembly. Too bad NASA did not have that external camera on wide angle view..that would at least tell us a bit more.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yeah, I'm not pretending to know what it is. If you'd like to assume this is some type of "craft" or "critter," than by all means do so. I personally believe a much more plausible explanation lies in a tiny piece of space debris floating near the camera, being distored because the camera is set to view afar. I've seen it in plenty of videos, and I've seen it explained just about as many times. What I haven't seen is any of these "craft" or "critters" laying sideways, or longways, or diagonally or any other direction. I've seen them laying dead-flat thousands of times. It (being anything other than out-of-focus debris) no longer makes sense. I'm gonna stick with camera distortion.

- Strype

Edit: Clarification

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I tend to agree that its something irrelevant than intelligent. It seems to be drifting rather than moving of its on will...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

Yeah, I'm not pretending to know what it is. If you'd like to assume this is some type of "craft" or "critter," than by all means do so. I personally believe a much more plausible explanation lies in a tiny piece of space debris floating near the camera, being distored because the camera is set to view afar. I've seen it in plenty of videos, and I've seen it explained just about as many times. What I haven't seen is any of these "craft" or "critters" laying sideways, or longways, or diagonally or any other direction. I've seen them laying dead-flat thousands of times. It no longer makes sense. I'm gonna stick with camera distortion.

- Strype

Well you are certanly entitled to your position and belief..as are the believers entitled to their position and belief.

Often the plausible isnt the correct probability..nor is it the absolute. Have you considered that these "critters" may in fact be quite flat to where they are simply not able to be seen on a camera in that orientation? What if these things are as thin as a piece of paper?

Have you seen a jelly fish out of the water? It appears quite flat, very thin. In the water however, it has shape, size, depth, dimension.

These "critters" may in fact be similiar, and it is possible that they exsist with only 2 dimensions, not 3. Size, width, but no depth. They are electrical in nature..as seen in the tether video, they pulsate in rythmic patterns, like waves of plasmic energy thorugh their structure.

There is so much about the universe that we do not know..and that universe begins 1 inch off the ground.

Sure there is a lot of debris up there, junk, etc etc. But in my own opinion, and on what I have seen first hand through inside sources, there is in fact more up there than just junk and debris.

Dont ask me to validate that because I protect the identity of those sources and value their contributions to the 'project' that will soon be revealed..when the time is right.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join