It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on Nasa TV! STS119 Discovery encounters UFO!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Don't you think you are being a bit rough on the Youtube 'Moron': he noticed and recorded the footage, is that the gratitude people get for doing so?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What would resolve that issue is for NASA to publish the footage as it was recorded.

But no one hold your breath for that to ever happen.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
I'd also like to point out too...

They are running an approx 2 minute delay on the web feed according to the GMT time on their orbit screen.

So if anything truly worthy of interest were to come into view they would certainly have time to switch the cameras.

What are you capturing with Free_Spirit?

I'm using a Mac Book Pro to capture. I will post an extended version of this sequence
next hoping with better quality.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
What would the ISS look like out of focus as the shuttle gets close for docking?

Are we sure it isn't just that?

I wondered about that, too.

The ISS has external lights.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Ok , but we have a few skeptics saying the (thing) is between the camera and the cross hairs

Then we have skeptics saying its the ISS

Put the 2 together and you have A MAJOR LAWSUIT

2 crashed space ships

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can definitely confirm it wasn't the ISS.

Was anyone watching when they fired up the rear thrusters on the shuttle when they were catching up to the ISS? You could see the tail glowing red. Great to watch.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I think you can find that in here:
www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
First, I think you may be in error, Phage, on your assessment of the position of the object and the crosshairs. If you notice, it has the same optical effect as the tether video. Any small object with overpowering illumination appears to pass behind or in front of a line, depending on the level of illumination.

The object is moving so slowly, it hardly seems likely it is a ufo. It has the similar dot in the center, which indicated it is an out-of-focus small object that is playing with the type of lens on the camera. Typically, cameras with optics that are using mirrors to increase the size of the image, mirror centrally located, will have a center dark spot whenever out of focus.

Alien object just means it is not part of the shuttle, not aliens per se.

Geez.

PS Phage, I love your level-headed assessments. It keeps the crowd cool.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I can't stop watching the NASA channel now.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yeah, I'm not convinced it's in front of the crosshairs anymore. I first thought the cross pieces were more like bars (or rods) but I found other images that make it clear they are thin wires.

Knowing that, it indicates that the focus is very soft on both the crosshairs and the object. The object really seems to move through the crosshair. Apparently the focus point is somewhere beyond both.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the re-investigation on that. I am in total agreement with you there. Don't you think the same optical problem occurred with the tether incident?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

That's part of their plan. Obviously.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I think so.
I think this is a clear example of the same effect in reverse. Here an object behind the wire appears to pass in front of it. With the tether, an object in front of the tether appears to pass behind it.

The soft focus also makes the objects appear larger than they are.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
thought I might add this as well, here's a screen grab from NASATV showing the shuttle being filmed from the ISS:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f5ad766e65f.png[/atsimg]

Is it possible that the Shuttle camera has caught the ISS from a distance, out of focus while reflecting quite a bit of light?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The OP video seems to be made in night side conditions, the illumination coming from the shuttle. The one you're showing seems to be dayside. If we could find the time of the OP video we would know if the ISS was within visual range though.

Edit: I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good point.

Maybe the full vid from free_spirit will glean some light on a time frame.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2
reply to post by free_spirit

Don't you think you are being a bit rough on the Youtube 'Moron': he noticed and recorded the footage, is that the gratitude people get for doing so?

Because the Yotube user manipulated historical data by replacing the original audio with
another one not related to the moment just for his own purposes deceiving people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
if anyone has photoshop, I recommend taking some screen shots of the disk and messing with curves you can see some layers in the ufo.

i56.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Chadwickus

The OP video seems to be made in night side conditions, the illumination coming from the shuttle. The one you're showing seems to be dayside. If we could find the time of the OP video we would know if the ISS was within visual range though.

Edit: I have no idea.

That is because the footage was shot by the Discovery's camera pointing to space
where the ISS was going to be encountered to dock, that's why it looks dark. The
second video was shot by the ISS camera showing the shuttle at distance with Earth
behind, that's why it looks like daytime but this footage was taken later when Discovery
got visual contact with the ISS. Therefore the white anomaly is not the ISS and besides
the anomaly looks very close to the camera and at that moment the ISS wasn't even
showed up. I prefer to call it Anomaly as NASA didn't make any comment on this.

I will post the extended version next as requested by ArtMap.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is anyone watching right now?!

2nd

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join