It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on Nasa TV! STS119 Discovery encounters UFO!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

Then how is it that the crosshairs are obscured by it?

Intensity of the critter makes it look like its passing in front of the crosshairs.

That camera appears to have its gain setting quite high judging by the high contrast of the dark space between each crosshair arm, which that area is space..in that video it looks as if the darkness which should be black, the camera has its gain cranked up, hence when "cirtter" passes by, it gives the false impression of it passing in between the camera and the crosshair arms.

Should be easy to understand..since that is what the debunkers say happens in the tether video..that the critter is actually passing in front of the tether and not behind it, when in fact it IS passing behind the tether.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well as for the object blending into the bars, thats hardly anything new.....

ive seen heaps of footage of normal things with mass light reflection on them look like they were going 'through' objects due to the fuzzyness of the camera (pixles)....

It just seems a little odd that these 'ice crystals' or 'gases' look almost the same each time we see them in various STS mission footage.....

for they are indeeed UFO's ( that is an object we don't know not ET lol ) and should be looked into further....

Maybe a couple of the Canadian kids with the camera / balloon hook-ups could try and get some video footage up there and try and get one of these objects on film......

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
STS-115

Here you can see a similar object in infrared.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS-38

Don't let our resident ex-NASA flight control center dude see that...according to him, there is no UV or IR camera capability on the shuttles.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Should be easy to understand..since that is what the debunkers say happens in the tether video..that the critter is actually passing in front of the tether and not behind it, when in fact it IS passing behind the tether.

So, you say we have an object here which is actually behind the crosshairs but appears to be in front of the crosshairs, while in the tether video, we have an object (quite similar looking) which appears to be behind the tether and actually is behind the tether.

Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why don't NASA just out with it and say what it is. We know its a alien spaceship of some sorts so tell it to us to confirm what most people already know.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Very Interesting find. It is definitely a UFO, but what it exactly is, I am not so sure.

Thank you for posting this

Cheers,

Otto

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So, you say we have an object here which is actually behind the crosshairs but appears to be in front of the crosshairs, while in the tether video, we have an object (quite similar looking) which appears to be behind the tether and actually is behind the tether.

Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Phage]

Just pointing out how the skeptics seem to apply the same excuses on different videos.

In one, they say its actually flying between the camera and tether, hence in front of the tether, but it really does pass behind the tether.

In this one..119, they say its between the camera, and crosshair arms.

Think of the crosshair arms as the tether.

When in fact, in both cases, the object is behind the tether and here is behind the crosshair arms.

I would think that the skepitcs are the ones who want cake and to get fat on it too, using the same excuse on both occurances of videos spanning years apart from each other.

What a ride!!! Like a roller coaster that only goes in a loop.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Since none of us REALLY know if this is a craft, some camera focus issue, or a reflected light, etc...

try reading between the lines - the mission control person decided to wait until the "object" was off the screen before talking! THAT is significant.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Actually, the more I look at it, I can't really tell if it's in front of or behind the crosshairs. It actually seems to pass through them so there is does seem to be some sort of camera effect going on.

Just goes to show, cameras play tricks.
www.projectprove.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I know NASA will tell us it was a noodle from the space commander's Won Ton , or cry it was Spilt Milk, thats ok, just no more Ice Particles for awhile

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What would the ISS look like out of focus as the shuttle gets close for docking?

Are we sure it isn't just that?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

My won ton noodle makes more sense than that

i need a 2nd

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
Since none of us REALLY know if this is a craft, some camera focus issue, or a reflected light, etc...

try reading between the lines - the mission control person decided to wait until the "object" was off the screen before talking! THAT is significant.

Wrong, the audio you are describing is the manipulated one by the Youtube user as I
explained before. He replaced the original audio with another one trying to cover
something that to me doesn't make sense. Please watch the video with the original
audio I just posted and hear the difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd just like to make a point here...

Although I don't always agree with what Phage says I do agree that the anomaly is between the cross-hairs and the shuttle in this video.

I've been watching NASA TV since 3pm GMT, so just over 12hrs now. This sequence was taken whilst the shuttle was doing a nose over manoeuvre so the heat shield (tiles) could be photographed by 2 cameras on the ISS (400mm and a 800mm lens if memory is correct). before they started the docking manoeuvre.

In a previous post Phage posted a clip showing out of the shuttle window. In this you see many anomalies shoot up in front of it. I presume there was some kind of dump or thrusters being fired as they were positioning the shuttle. I can't imagine it was a waste dump, as they wouldn't dump waste just before a docking manoeuvre.

Anyway... The camera which has the docking cross-hairs on it zooms, and whatever the anomaly is shows up larger than life. Whatever it is it is very close to the camera.

How are people recording the feed? As I've tried everything and can't get any to record it. Also on fullscreen I can't even get a screen grab (just comes up black).

I have caught a few things on NASA cams before that are incredible, but unfortunately this isn't one of them.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Can't tell really...

Could be just an effect, it certainly doesn't seem like the entire room watching of the people in the shuttle are getting in any uproar over a huge alien ufo flying by.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by free_spirit

Why is your video so choppy compared to the altered audio video?

If this is from the original, it should be nice and smooth video along with the original audio.

Cheers!!!!

Because my intention was to show the original audio mainly, the video portion was
already known. I made a capture of the sequence from the 720 X 489 NTSC original
footage and then resized the clip to 320 X 240 for a lighter upload keeping in mind
the audio was the important issue. The problem with the image is that it was
compressed twice, first when capturing and second when I resized the clip.

Quality is not that bad but as I said the audio is the main issue. I can make better
uploads now that I know ATS My Media can host a 50 MB video and I will do some
tests. I still don't know how to post embeded videos so if anybody can help me with
some instructions it will be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

When viewing your media after uploading (on ATSMEDIA) the embed codes can be found a little below and on the right side of the frame from the video.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

Because my intention was to show the original audio mainly, the video portion was
already known. I made a capture of the sequence from the 720 X 489 NTSC original
footage and then resized the clip to 320 X 240 for a lighter upload keeping in mind
the audio was the important issue. The problem with the image is that it was
compressed twice, first when capturing and second when I resized the clip.

I see. Well you are aware that compressing more than once tends to throw out audio and video sycronization sometimes. No matter, just curious about the choppy frame rate.

Originally posted by free_spirit
Quality is not that bad but as I said the audio is the main issue. I can make better
uploads now that I know ATS My Media can host a 50 MB video and I will do some
tests. I still don't know how to post embeded videos so if anybody can help me with
some instructions it will be appreciated.

Once your done uploading your video onto the ATS media portal, simply view it, and to the lower right of the video player, will be the embed code to use in your posts.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out too...

They are running an approx 2 minute delay on the web feed according to the GMT time on their orbit screen.

So if anything truly worthy of interest were to come into view they would certainly have time to switch the cameras.

What are you capturing with Free_Spirit?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join