It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Over the top definitely.

I tried to add a children's story type aspect gaining different items along the way.

The ending was Dirty Harry style.

I would have failed had it not been for that wind er ventilation...

That silhouette has something to do with that wind. No the silhouette is not QA and maybe I'm not crazy after all can crazy move the air? Or is he just reading into this too much?

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Row, row, row your gurney gently down the hall....

How come I can't find a MUSICAL smiley here?

I think Studious is trying for a Section 8 to get off the hook with the Admiralty.

[edit on 2009/3/28 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Row, row, row your gurney gently down the hall....

"Everybody was cane-fu fighting..." Oops, did I just date myself?

Nice musical responses.

I think Studious is trying for a Section 8 to get off the hook with the Admiralty.

Yep crazy is definitely a fitting way to describe it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

....I laughed so hard, tears came out of my eyes.........

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

....I laughed so hard, tears came out of my eyes.........

I can only WISH that had been the only liquids coming out of me when I read that...

This is becoming the classic tale of "boy meets girl", boy gets girl, then has to get her again. and again. and again....

[edit on 2009/3/28 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I'm all nervous posting my first part and then I read that I just about wet myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Excellent first post, Slayer!!

A question - is that screen shot of the corridor w/ the screen in it from that old game Star Lancer for PC?

It looks highly familiar for some reason.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Silo, my u2u is flooded, I just want you to know that I respect your work and will flow with what ever you choose to write, I am not here to do anything other than that. I am growing spirtually by doing so, its so much like in RL when we have plans ideas and some are the best of our creativity, but then someone else comes and changes the whole pattern of the future process which is a comfort zone. So I will be in the moment and as they say go with the eternal flow.

I slept for a couple of days, just curled up as the snow fell, oh I love a big bunch of clean down comforters all covered in cottony comfort! Rarely on this farm do I ever get the luxury, and generally it precededs something bad or intense that will take all of my wakeful energy.

Hopefully not the case, but really you just do what ever and as for me I can go with the flow.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like to write for myself actually, just curious if we are getting any others hooked like we the writers are , lol!~

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Hey, Studious,

Is that Theresa you have?

The reason I ask is, in my posting, I had hidden her away ... so if it is Theresa you have her out in the open.

I can see how this can be confusing, when one person puts their own character in one place, but another takes the character and puts them somewhere else.

I also understand Antar's view of taking someones character and reworking it in a totally different manner, which now that character has to follow somewhat of a trail of.

It can get very wild here, by characters being all over the place and also now having to follow another's way of the character going then the person who "is" the character wanting them to.

The question is, we still have to have the story line move forward and in doing so, we do create storylines others need to follow...... how do we do that without conflict of where the person who "is" the character planning on taking the person by having to do it in a different way then planned due to changes.

Now, I am very guilty of this... I know - my first posting was a complete twist and directly influenced others. I did it for two reasons to make my character a little "whacked" out, but also, I found the Penelope story had so many unanswered questions (Fook dead, but seen just minutes before on bridge - time lapse.... to the complete destruction of Nimitz - without any "real" reason of doing so).

I just thought I would tie those up in a tidy little pile. Did I then change the storyline, maybe someone else had been planning on taking it? Yes, guilty as charged.

I know with so many people writing very creative things, we are continually going to have twist and turns, so the question is ... how do we balance those twist and turns without directly affecting the "character" of another person's writings and future direction?

I took the role of Theresa along with QA, due to an earlier discussion in here, I would like to use her more in creating situations of possible dire consequences for LG2 and Penelope, I personally see a "Hero" type situation which can unfold from Captain mf_luger, due to their past history, which is still being unfolded and revealed.

So, I don't want her found out yet, I actually want mf_luger to be the one who wants to "find/save" her and figure out what is going on........

So, now I am putting that concept out here, and need mf_luger to agree to it.

So Theresa can be eventually tidied up and at some point "herself" and can become a part of the crew of Penelope (someone else - comes in to take her character).

I hope I got the point I was trying to say across in this posting.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I agree.

You did mention you'd hidden her away at the end of your last posting. I think in his excitment to create that
hilarious masterpiece
of a response post, he forgot you mentioned that.

I was thinking along the same lines.

We're all so wrapped up right now with the upcoming tribunals that we don't have time to deal with shipboard stuff on the Penelope, and its possible no one even noticed she was gone yet - well - except for the guards who were taken by surprise.

Studious - could you possibly work in some type of alternate storyline to where the woman you just plowed into stole something of yours or something else? Just for continuity sake.

---

QA you mentioned the Fooks debacle. LOL - I think that was a mishap, to be honest. Fooks decided he didn't want to keep writing and told Masqua to kill him off. Masqua forgot he was on the bridge and put his carcass in the cargo bay. Luckily, our genious writers on this thread found ways to explain it. (Pure conjecture, of course
)

[edit on 29-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Of course by "we" - I mean the Penelope crew.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

so question...

do you want to do the storyline of Theresa as I suggested?

Let her create a little havoc (I just love havoc
), but have a compelling, heart tugging "Hero" story between you and Theresa, since there is some not completely revealed "love story" between the two of you?

Also, "hopefull" someone will come in and take Theresa as their character eventually, unless of course she has to be killed off at some point ...... yikes!

We can continue Theresa creating some dire situations, yet there is a "guilt" part on QA's end, having to follow orders from the PTB on her end, though she does not want to...... as I see it the story can take a few turns, with Theresa.

QA can faciltate it too.... by her actually wanting a "happy ending" between Theresa and you. Besides not wanting to have "bad" stuff happen to others anymore.

Eventually I want QA to be her "own" person of a good quality and battles the PTB who control her.

Ultimately, she also uses her "powers" against the PTB for their own demise..... that is a storyline to obviously yet unfold and will take place over time and little by little.

But, I am now putting out there..... where I see my character eventually going and doing....

Maybe, we should all post, where we see in the future our characters going with what is being posted. Would that help, everyone understand what we are doing?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Sounds good to me.

I'm just going to lay this out here. Now - don't take this out of context, I am married in real life and am in NO WAY trying to run some weird kind of game - but - if I was writing this as my own story, I'd have it to where QA actually fell for luder and the relationship she developed over time could have been the basis for her eventual rebellion against her "handlers or controllers". That's just one idea.

There's also the ever present problem of "where is Theresa at?" I mean, she's in a catatonic state when QA isn't around, so is Theresa even still in that body? Does Theresa know or has she been aware of what QA was doing all this time? Does she even have the feelings for Luder or was it QA?

Were there even REALLY feelings to begin with or was QA using a relationship to get access to something - ie - information, technology, military secrets.....?

Those are some issues I think about - namely the whole where she really is thing. I think it would be a cool idea for her to eventually wind up as a regular on the ship or something like that, but we need to figure out if she's even really a person instead of a husk.

This whole Theresa thing has definitely grown into something I never imagined - lol. She was originally just a rebel captain on a defected carrier....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

LOL

I am laughing hard.....

Ok, lets everyone understand too..... ROFL - when two characters in the story "connect" in any romantic involvement.................

ROFL - that does NOT mean.... the person who is writing that characters story.... is in any way shape or form.... meaning something "personal" to the other character they are "connecting" with!

I am laughing so hard!!

I guess, that is the other thing we need to get "out into the opened" - there is nothing personal outside our characters............... that is meant towards another person!!

ROFL

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Hey - lol - I totally agree.

Just wanted to throw it out there before it got brought up. That's all.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I hope my post didn't come across too badly. I am still chuckling over the "worry".

But ... we did need to get that out there... since to make the story a little more compelling at times, there needs to be some "feelings" from one character to another shown.

We also, now have the line drawn where we can do that in the story, without anyone "worrying" it is actually meant on a personal level.

This way, with everyone knowing that... if you write something of a "feelings" type nature towards another... it will NOT be taken in the wrong manner in "real" life nor is anything insinuated in "real" life towards the other person!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, I obviously have some catching up to do. I'll see what I can do today....

Btw, did the whales eat all of the jelly fish?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

They love the jellyfish and adore how they sting along their underbellies and tickle them... I have discoverd so many unusual pictures of sea creatures that can be part of their diets. No octopus though ok? We want everyone to get along. However I did discover why the Molesca onboard hate the U-mans so bad... seems on earth they eat a lower evolution of the species on a regular basis...

poor octopus's on earth.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/687c3a62dda6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

No! Can't be...

You mean to tell me these little ones aren't outside playing???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/daea816d3a3c.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join