It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Greetings everyone! I'd like to make some comments and I'll try to do it all togeather here then responding to each peep indiviually. In the actual opera thread I usually have to have several tabs open just to reference. I've now got myself a dedicated notebook ::blush::

[color=EE9A4D]antar - girl, it's snowing here now ::shakes head:: Warm weather last week, bad storms last night, now snow. I'm so ready for spring..

I think that was a pic of Whispers parents! Now I know what happened to them! Killed by the New One Galactic Order to be sure!

Antar, I can SO relate about the kid thing. I've only got one but she's a handful. Noooo- She's on spring break this week lol I've gotten really into this opera and so enjoy everyones posts. I'll sit down to read, get one line read and then *interrupted* and loudly as you say. :bnghd: Also, I get the urge to post on main thread at the most inopportune times. This has resulted in some *very* late dinners, heh. I really can't write unless I can devote my full attention, especially with having so many tabs open to reference and quote. I try not to ignore anyones previous post and work my way into the storyline as best fits others actions as well. This has been truly fun, challenging, and jumpstarts my creative juices. I may be a little too into it is as I had a dream the other day of choking on a tentacle lmao It woke me up! :blush: Also results in a lack of sleep. I'm a natural night owl needing my 'me' time but lately, it's stretched even beyond my unnormal hours. Seeking some balance here. I too am finding spirtual lessons in this collaboration. What a wonderful group of people to share this with!

[color=EE9A4D] QA: I love your creativness! You are adding such a flavor to the story and I can already tell our newcomer CM will be adding to the texture as well. That's what makes it all so damn fun.

Finally, if he's not going to toot his horn, I will.
loam made a wonderful post that I'm getting a lot of fun out of...haaa taking up yet more of my time but, educational and fun fun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

loam, this had to have taken a lot of time effort and this ATSer apprecites it!

Time to *attempt* to get caught up! Good day all! :shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Originally posted by nenothtu
His opinion seems to be more of a conviction, or a crusade, and I've not got time to waste debating a conviction that will never change.

A sound observation.

With that said, we seem to have struck a nerve

Indeed. Our enthusiasm appears to have drawn fire to this forum.

[color=52D017]Never underestimate the attraction of nay-sayers in the face of others having a good time.

My favorite was the guy who whined that he didn't WANT to read our "crappy story", as if he were being mind-controlled to go back to it over and over again...

I believe that was QA's fault.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Originally posted by Whisper67
Finally, if he's not going to toot his horn, I will.
loam made a wonderful post that I'm getting a lot of fun out of...haaa taking up yet more of my time but, educational and fun fun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

loam, this had to have taken a lot of time effort and this ATSer apprecites it!

Thanks.

Actually, you all and this thread motivated me to finally do that thread. I've been thinking about it literally for years.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Antar - ok, Ok - Mission damage control a success!

The only thing I can't change is the part in your at the end.

I can’t morph something that is a multi being like Carpet and I need to protect myself from too much stimulation from them (thus my feet wraps) - in some cases too much will even cause death, as in water.

I disperse too much in both and have written extensively around not being able to do either.
So me morphing into carpet is impossible and would negate (again) the major dilemmas I’ve had since I began.

Ahhh! I forgot the Power of the Pen!

Let me see if I can do a quick 150 word post to write us out of this problem.
I hope the PTB are a little lenient if I go over a touch but I promise to do my best to stay at 150.
So Antar before you have to go back and re do your whole last post.
Please check my short post before you change anything.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oooo, thanks for the heads up on the BTS thread thingy. I probably shouldn't read it...but I know I will!

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have two things I'd like to say about that guy's thread.

1) I am totally w/ Neno. My view is that if we don't post there, if he doesn't get the response from writers he's looking for..... his thread will slowly sink into the quicksand of ignored threads here on ATS. Thus - not being an issue for any of us to have to worry about.

2) In a weird, twisted way - he provided us with proof of something we were wondering about earlier in this very thread. He said he'd read through the story.... People ARE reading the story, ladies and gentlemen. We have an audience.

Ignore his thread and it will go away, just like the number of people who care about that individual's opinion. I for one, am NOT wasting any of my valuable time posting on his thread.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

hey Silo, don't let that one thread ruin this for you!
I hope you weren't serious about that!

I was mystified what you meant until I went back and read the thread.
The term *I'm out* or *I'm outta here* I've used in threads when I'd rather leave than continue dealing with idiots and say too much, offend someone or break rules.
I did not mean I was outta here as in the Space Opera.

People don't want the Stowaway they can write me - I’ve no problem with that - you all might find my style doesn’t fit your idea of the Collaboration and that’s fine, but, I wouldn't leave here for a complainers with their Speedos pulled too tightly around their ears.

PS - My frustration also comes from I’ve been having H.U.G.E problems with my computer while on ATS (and only on ATS) and it’s really been getting to me today in particular.

Thank tons!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Speaking of which..... I still have to catch up on this thread and the story thread (was busy on the BBCOde thing), but I just wanted to remind everyone of the following:

Writing Perspective:

• Members are free to build upon previous concepts introduced by other members or introduce entirely new ones.

• Members should preserve the integrity of previously introduced facts. If they are ever to be changed in some manner, the member is required to provide a means that is consistent and logical to the Epic.

• A member can never write facts related to another member character’s background.

• If we adhere to these principles, it will avoid confusion and hard feelings now and later.

Not directed at anyone specific. Just a friendly reminder.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
    link   
    edited to remain on topic...

masqua is quite right.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
    link   
    reply to post by questioningall

I hope blacking out and letting Theresa escape is acceptable.

I did not want to eliminate my post so I added an ending later. She still escapes to roam the station once more and I get to keep the post.

I hope everyone agrees with this decision.

Edit: Thanks for the vote of confidence mf_luder.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Studious

Sounds good to me man - thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
    link   
    reply to post by mf_luder

It also finishes up the Dirty Harry homage with six bullets, pints in this case gone.

The "Well do ya punk?" Scene

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
    link   
    reply to post by silo13

I gotta confess, your post on the other thread sent a shock of alarm thru me too, But I figured I'd let it play for a while to see how it developed.

I got ya on the ATS computer problems, too. My desktop box normally runs at around 30-35 degrees C, but sitting on ATS, for some reason, pushes the temp up into the 40's, and occaisionally as high as 53C. Makes it run slow, too. I find that dropping out a few minutes to let the fans do their thing helps. All I have to do is close the ATS pages in Firefox, and when I reopen them, the cookie is still there to log me back in on autopilot (as long as I don't close out ALL of the Firefox pages- that dumps my cookies).

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
    link   
    reply to post by nenothtu

I don't know what's going on but this problem is really frustrating me.
    I clean and scan my computer every night, have great protection etc.

I don't have problems with any other site. (I can have Microsoft Word and three or four other windows open plus listening to Windows Media all together and no problems)...

BUT!

I'll be in ATS and in Microsoft Word - nothing else open or running on my computer.

First ATS will freeze, then, MWord will freeze.

I have to override both in task manager and it takes FOREVER to open even that.

I have to task manager out of ATS and MWord then reboot my computer before it will work again.

Doing this 4-5 times a day while trying to edit and write for Space Opera sends my frustration thermometer to boiling.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
    link   

by loam

My favorite was the guy who whined that he didn't WANT to read our "crappy story", as if he were being mind-controlled to go back to it over and over again...

I believe that was QA's fault.

I got a GREAT laugh there!!! Thanks!! I needed that!

by silo

I was mystified what you meant until I went back and read the thread.
    The term *I'm out* or *I'm outta here* I've used in threads when I'd rather leave than continue dealing with idiots and say too much, offend someone or break rules.
    I did not mean I was outta here as in the Space Opera.

Yes, I was talking about the other thread and your posting there, you were quite upset.

I gave up, on trying to make him understand how his original title said one thing yet the body of the OP said another and referred to Penelope, so they then were linked.

People have opinions - which differ from others... that is fine, and I respect other's opinions, BUT don't try and lump "falsehoods posted" and our writing project we have going.

Anyway, he refused to understand, I wasn't slamming him over having an opinion, I was slamming the provocative title to his OP.

But enough about that, as suggested:

by nenothtu

I read through the other thread concerning the 'location' of THIS thread. The guy has some valid points, but seems to fail to see the larger picture. I didn't post there because a) I didn't feel like fuelling the fire, b) I don't see it as MY job to police HIS mind in regards to the ability to separate fact from fiction, seems to me his parents ought to have seen to that, and c) I believe it was Lawrence of Arabia who once said "Opinions can be argued with, convictions are best shot." His opinion seems to be more of a conviction, or a crusade, and I've not got time to waste debating a conviction that will never change.

that is the best idea, no more energy expended to his rant.

by studious

I did not want to eliminate my post so I added an ending later. She still escapes to roam the station once more and I get to keep the post.

I hope everyone agrees with this decision.

Awesome, I will read what you have and can make my next post, you giving her a close call, before she was hidden away.

Oh, Masqua edited my description for me.... I made myself before an impossible to find picture. So she gave me the norm of tentacles out the head and face, with large eyes, small wicked mouth and nose.

Just so you know.... no more mouth on one side and nose on the other! LOL

[edit on 29-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
    link   
    Please, let's remain focussed on the main thread. I understand why there is a need to post in the BQB thread since it is directed at the collaborators who are working so hard to make the space opera a lasting and interesting tale...

But, bringing the debate into this 'working thread' can be easily seen as 'off-topic'.

Post there if you will, but leave this one for the Penelope, Yydryl and their crews.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
    link   
    Silo do I have you and another character confused? If so my bad I will try and clear it up. Why was I thinking you were the one talking to the carpets?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
    link   
    Studious - just wanted you to know that I got the "I gots to know..." quote, from the beginning of the Dirty Harry flick, bank robber on the ground, rather than the classic "well, do ya, punk?" scene on the dock. well played! Most folks forget the first scene, and nobody forgets the last one. Shame the punk at the end never got to say "I GOTS to know!" ain't it?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
    link   
    The other thing is that I keep forgetting to use the badge, is there an easy way to remember to use it rather than having to edit each time, what are you doing?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
    link   
    reply to post by antar

I've saved all the links for the badges on a notepad and keep it on my homepage. That way it's readily at hand.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join